Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Quinton Coples Interview

Interview with North Carolina DE Quinton Coples
http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...ton-Coples.php

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Marty Hurney get this guy and put him next to Charles Johnson. Great interview btw.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the great interview with the newest Miami Dolphin, Scott!
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to be rolling out a bunch of interviews in the next few weeks.

Already got another with a potential first rounder ready to go for Wednesday.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think he would fit in Rob Ryan's defense? ...and no matter what your answer is.... Why?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kid is perfect for Miami's new 4-3 Defense. Him with Wake on the other side would make him the rookie of the year :)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's a hilarious pic on the front page.

it wouldn't surprise me to see Coples go top 5. He's an outstanding prospect.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 02-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how he starts by saying he'll play any position, then he'd prefer a 4-3, then he attributes his senior year dropoff to being uncomfortable playing a different position, and then right after that says his strength is his versatility. I understand there are only a few ways to answer some of these questions but none of the other prospect interviews with Scott through the years are ever that contridicting. I wasn't impressed by Coples here at all, not that he isn't a probable top-5 pick (more convinced he's a Brown by the day)

Quote:
My weakness is just things I need to work on to better my skills and move forward.
But c'mon, what is that? Scott, you need to call these guys out once in a while!
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a long time ago Coples was considered a future top 5pick (before his senior year)

but quinton coples was shredding during senior bowl week. He was winning all his reps. had a week like BJ Raji had... he was not blockable.

Raji was a DT, Coples is a DE who could have Julius Peppers type measurable at combine.

I want to predict him to a team picking 3, 4, 5 in the draft. he might have more value as a defender than Morris Claiborne. DBs almost never go top 5.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
a long time ago Coples was considered a future top 5pick (before his senior year)

but quinton coples was shredding during senior bowl week. He was winning all his reps. had a week like BJ Raji had... he was not blockable.

Raji was a DT, Coples is a DE who could have Julius Peppers type measurable at combine.

I want to predict him to a team picking 3, 4, 5 in the draft. he might have more value as a defender than Morris Claiborne. DBs almost never go top 5.
Matt,

I'd be interested to hear who you think Coples compares to? It's tough because he isn't a stud rusher off the edge and those types usually don't go in the Top 10 overall. Although I believe Coples belongs in the Top 10 of this draft.

The best comparison I've heard so far is Jamaal Anderson.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still not seeing Jamaal Anderson.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jamaal Anderson one is reaaaaaaaaaaally good. Wow. That makes so much sense now that it's said. THAT's why I don't like Coples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coples didn't try. Jamaal just had/has a serious lack of explosiveness.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
I wasn't impressed by Coples here at all, not that he isn't a probable top-5 pick (more convinced he's a Brown by the day)
Eww, no thanks.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Matt,

I'd be interested to hear who you think Coples compares to? It's tough because he isn't a stud rusher off the edge and those types usually don't go in the Top 10 overall. Although I believe Coples belongs in the Top 10 of this draft.

People think Coples was unproductive, he had 22 career sacks thats damn good, better than everyone in the class besides Vinny Curry. the problem was people expected 30+ sacks. Coples is a stud edge rusher.

i mentioned Julius Peppers that's a similar player. Not quite 2 overall but he's in the neighborhood. I suspect he's gonna have a sick workout at Indy.

Besides practice he had a great Senior Bowl game as well, took over the game at certain points.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
People think Coples was unproductive, he had 22 career sacks thats damn good, better than everyone in the class besides Vinny Curry. the problem was people expected 30+ sacks. Coples is a stud edge rusher.

i mentioned Julius Peppers that's a similar player. Not quite 2 overall but he's in the neighborhood. I suspect he's gonna have a sick workout at Indy.

Besides practice he had a great Senior Bowl game as well, took over the game at certain points.
Coples isn't nearly as fluid as Peppers. I don't like that comparison whatsoever. I could buy Justin Tuck. Maybe Antonio Smith if you want a lower end comparison. I don't think Coples is the dominant outside rusher some perceive him to be.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Coples isn't nearly as fluid as Peppers. I don't like that comparison whatsoever. I could buy Justin Tuck. Maybe Antonio Smith if you want a lower end comparison. I don't think Coples is the dominant outside rusher some perceive him to be.
Tuck I could see....Trevor Pryce is another high end comp that I might like a little more...Shaun Ellis...that type of DE.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always wonder what that thing was on his arm.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt,

I'm not Matt but...I picked Calais Campbell for my "NFL Comparison" on my scouting report

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really high on Coples either. I deffinetly don't understand the top 10 talk. I'm not really high on his teammate Zach Brown either, I think he's more of a late 2nd rounder or even a mid 3rd rounder.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm not really high on Coples either. I deffinetly don't understand the top 10 talk. I'm not really high on his teammate Zach Brown either, I think he's more of a late 2nd rounder or even a mid 3rd rounder.
UNC in general is a little overrated this year (I'm not a Dwight Jones fan either and I agree about Brown), but Coples is my favorite of the bunch. He's big, physical, athletic, projectable...Looks like a solid starter type of guy.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Eww, no thanks.
Trust me, I wouldn't think it was a good pick either. Sorry.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

other North Carolina Tar Heel DE currently in the NFL:

Vonnie Holliday 6'5" 285 round 1 pick 19
Julius Peppers 6'6" 287 round 1 pick 2
Robert Quinn 6'5" 265 round 1 pick 14

and then Quinton Coples 6'5" and 3/4, 281 pounds

that's a hell of a legacy

it's not about what we think. the decision makers are aware of legacy just as they are aware that Peter Konz comes from a great school for O-line and Luck comes from the same place as John Elway.

It does matter to the people making the picks.

he's clearly better prospect than Quinn and Holliday, and he's slightly worse than Peppers. a handful of slots.

4 to CLE would make sense. probably the highest he can go. can never have enough pass rush. Washington, Jacksonville and Carolina all could use this player.

wherever he goes I think there's a decent chance he's the first defender off the board. keep in mind. DB almost never go top 5. Morris CLaiborne will have to run like Deion Sanders to go 3 to Minny. there's no way Devon Still or Michael Brockers are more valuable defenders than Coples.

Last edited by bitonti : 02-10-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Greg Ellis isn't in the league anymore, but you could add his name to that list as well. For the younger readers, Ellis was the 8th overall pick of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1998 NFL Draft and played in the league for more than a decade finishing with 84 career sacks.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Greg Ellis isn't in the league anymore, but you could add his name to that list as well. For the younger readers, Ellis was the 8th overall pick of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1998 NFL Draft and played in the league for more than a decade finishing with 84 career sacks.
Greg Ellis is a damn good comparison. I like that one too.
Quote: