Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to see him falling out of round one only because I don't see 32 players better than him in this class, at least not yet. It's getting closer by the day, but he's still got top-32 upside for now. I definitely have Blackmon and Floyd head and shoulders above him right now, it's been that way for me for months but until recently I don't think I was in the majority.

At the same time, we definitely may have a Dwayne Jarrett/Limas Sweed situation on our hands here.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
It's hard to see him falling out of round one only because I don't see 32 players better than him in this class, at least not yet. It's getting closer by the day, but he's still got top-32 upside for now. I definitely have Blackmon and Floyd head and shoulders above him right now, it's been that way for me for months but until recently I don't think I was in the majority.

At the same time, we definitely may have a Dwayne Jarrett/Limas Sweed situation on our hands here.
I completely agree and have been saying so for a long time. Round 2 guy for me.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. I disagree with both of you. A top 10 guy, he is not. But a top 25 guy, most definitely. He dominates and I see him as not a Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson, but a Dwayne Bowe/Nate Burleson type (in their prime, hopefully with a good QB). I think the dude could be a pro bowler. Would like to see his combine numbers to be sure...but still. He looks legit. You worried about his pudge? LOL.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:34 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has lost a ton of steam as a prospect, and at this point his stock is extremely cold, but even then i don't think he would fall out of the first round. He is too talented, and all it takes is one team to think they can whip him into shape. An out of shape, hadn't played in a year Mike Williams still went in the top ten when he was drafted, i don't see why someone wouldn't take a flyer on him, especially a playoff team that could use an extra playmaker on offense.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for him to return and work on that body/conditioning. But, from his standpoint, he doesnt have a whole lot to gain, and it's not like we have anyone on the roster who could get him the ball anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of hope he goes to the Lions. Him and Megatron with Titus in the slot and Stafford throwing to them. Could be a really fun offense. Just throw bombs all day.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him, if i was a GM i wouldnt shy away from taking him at the end of the 1st.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Interesting. I disagree with both of you. A top 10 guy, he is not. But a top 25 guy, most definitely. He dominates and I see him as not a Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson, but a Dwayne Bowe/Nate Burleson type (in their prime, hopefully with a good QB). I think the dude could be a pro bowler. Would like to see his combine numbers to be sure...but still. He looks legit. You worried about his pudge? LOL.

A chubby WR = poor work ethic in all aspects of his game.
We aren't taking about an OT or FB carrying extra bodyfat.

A plump WR is like an offensive lineman who can't bench 270#. The guy doesn't put in the work to be successful at his position.
Alshon still has decent pro upside, but it's hard to ignore his bust potential which is why I think he slides like a Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly, although for different reasons.

There's nothing 'safe' about drafting Jeffery, which is why I don't see him going in the 1st round.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think Blackmon is faster than Boldin. While Blackmon isn't going to run in the 4.3s, I think he is definitely somewhere between 4.45 and 4.55. Boldin runs a 4.7. I would compare him more to Dwayne Bowe or Hakeem Nicks. They are around the same height as Blackmon. Neither is super fast, but they have enough speed to be legitimate number ones.
I'm pretty sure Boldin ran closer to 4.5. That 4.7 combine time was on a bum knee, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...n-excel-in-nfl

Quote:
Last year, South Carolina wide receiver Alshon Jeffery made a mockery of SEC defenses catching 88 passes for 1,517 yards and nine touchdowns on his way to All-America honors.

Through 10 games this season: 38 catches for 504 yards and five touchdowns. He was limited to two catches for 17 yards Saturday by Florida. It is the fourth consecutive game the 2011 Biletnikoff Award finalist has been held under 25 receiving yards.

Some are chalking up Jeffery's mediocre production as simply a by-product of the Gamecocks' season-long struggle to find consistent quarterback play.

The truth: Jeffery is overrated.

In his first two seasons, Jeffery used his size and physicality to gain position on defensive backs. With defenses sucked up to try and contain Marcus Lattimore last season, Jeffery was often able to exploit single coverage, break a tackle and gain yardage -- sometimes big yardage -- after the catch. With defenders not in position to stop him, Jeffery appeared to possess explosiveness.

This season the rare talent playing cornerback in the SEC has exposed Jeffery's lack of explosiveness. He's not getting the ball as much this season, in large part because he isn't getting open.

Jeffery reminds me a great deal of another former USC receiver -- Southern California's Mike Williams (now with the Seattle Seahawks). Like Williams, Jeffery's NFL-caliber traits are his size, strength, soft hands and hand-eye coordination. Due to each man's ability to make the catch even with defenders draped over them, many of Williams' and Jeffery's receptions are memorable plays.

The reality is both need to make plays with defenders clutching at them as neither has the agility or straight-line speed to consistently get open in the NFL.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I'm pretty sure Boldin ran closer to 4.5. That 4.7 combine time was on a bum knee, but I could be wrong.
Actually, you are right on. Bolden was a 4.50 40 guy who ran at the combine with a noticeable limp coming off a leg injury. He only ran to show pro scouts he was healing nicely.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weight is certainly an issue with Alshon Jeffery, but I'm not sure why people now believe its a 'new' issue for this season. He was just as heavy last season when he was dominating. He's always had a bit of gut, it certainly can't be the reason for this downturn this season.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Weight is certainly an issue with Alshon Jeffery, but I'm not sure why people now believe its a 'new' issue for this season. He was just as heavy last season when he was dominating. He's always had a bit of gut, it certainly can't be the reason for this downturn this season.
It's a problem because it's a recurring issue that he has refused to fix. Especially when this was most likely going to be his last year at little SC. I know i'd wanna impress the hell out of scouts and GMs where i won't have all these questions surrounding my abilities, i could just point to the game tape.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It's a shame. He did flash some speed in the bowl game though, running right by Dennard when he got a free release
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post

Nate Burleson? Really. I am not seeing that comparison.

I'm predicting 2nd round for Jeffery.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he shows up out of shape at the combine, then definately, YES. Look at him. He's not cut like a WR should be, he's got a gut, and flabby arms. Of course you have to question his work ethic in the off-season.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Alshons potential and will need to see what he looks like in workouts before I make my final analysis. Right now though, I see him with about the same value as Jon Baldwin had last year. Honestly, it might be best for him to last until the early 2nd, it might fuel him a little more.

But in 5 years from now, it honestly wouldn't surprise me to call Alshon the best WR in this class.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I think it's actually about even odds that he falls out of the first. He's most likely the 4th WR on the board (behind Blackmon, Wright, and Floyd) and in the past 20 years we've had fewer than 4 WRs go in the first 10 times. With how deep the "good WR" pool is in this draft and how shallow the "elite WR pool" is, I would guess this is one of the years where we get fewer than four.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-11-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Clarity
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and the FA WR pool is pretty good this year as well.
Which would probably lead to less teams reaching for them in the 1st as well

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=TheSlinger;2755051]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...n-excel-in-nfl

Last year, South Carolina wide receiver Alshon Jeffery made a mockery of SEC defenses catching 88 passes for 1,517 yards and nine touchdowns on his way to All-America honors.

Through 10 games this season: 38 catches for 504 yards and five touchdowns. He was limited to two catches for 17 yards Saturday by Florida. It is the fourth consecutive game the 2011 Biletnikoff Award finalist has been held under 25 receiving yards.

Some are chalking up Jeffery's mediocre production as simply a by-product of the Gamecocks' season-long struggle to find consistent quarterback play.

The truth: Jeffery is overrated.

In his first two seasons, Jeffery used his size and physicality to gain position on defensive backs. With defenses sucked up to try and contain Marcus Lattimore last season, Jeffery was often able to exploit single coverage, break a tackle and gain yardage -- sometimes big yardage -- after the catch. With defenders not in position to stop him, Jeffery appeared to possess explosiveness.

This season the rare talent playing cornerback in the SEC has exposed Jeffery's lack of explosiveness. He's not getting the ball as much this season, in large part because he isn't getting open.

Jeffery reminds me a great deal of another former USC receiver -- Southern California's Mike Williams (now with the Seattle Seahawks). Like Williams, Jeffery's NFL-caliber traits are his size, strength, soft hands and hand-eye coordination. Due to each man's ability to make the catch even with defenders draped over them, many of Williams' and Jeffery's receptions are memorable plays.

The reality is both need to make plays with defenders clutching at them as neither has the agility or straight-line speed to consistently get open in the NFL. QUOTE]

SEC corners sucked in 2010. Were great in 2011. That's some interesting hypothesis. Or, may I say BS. Said analyst points out that Jeffrey helped by Lattimore in 2010 and true talent showed in 2011 when Marcus was hurt. Conveniently not mentioning his pothead qb. The most important position in a passing attack. Gets suspended and thrown off the team in 2011. I think Jeffrey can play. Time will tell. I call total BS on this guy's analysis.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
It's a shame. He did flash some speed in the bowl game though, running right by Dennard when he got a free release

That's the thing, he struggled a lot more then I thought he would when he was pressed at the LOS for a guy his size. He seems like he should be stronger, and one of the strengths of his game should be beating press coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know at least a few GMs/coaches will not even consider drafting him (in any round) unless his coaching staff explains why he's fat with a reasonable answer (other than "he just doesn't care"), because one of the biggest things in the NFL is work ethic.

I wouldn't be shocked, if what is speculated is as bad as it really is, if we see him in round 3 or 4.

He didn't quit on his team, so he won't be a Mike Williams (syracuse/TB) bad, but I think we'll know what NFL teams really heard behind closed doors by how far he falls.

He's a first round talent with things that need to be coached up, but his body looks bad (like he puts the "F" in fat, bad).
Old 02-11-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question we should be asking is can he get back into rd 1. Cause I don't see him in there now.

but the way the rd is structured, teams at the end need WR: HOU, BAL, SF and NE (who picks 2x)

if he can cobble together a decent time, he can sneak in the tail end of 1. but that's unlikely to happen. He looks like a small TE not a big WR.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wouldn't be shocked, if what is speculated is as bad as it really is, if we see him in round 3 or 4.

this is another scenario and it's very possible . remember Tori Gurley last year, some people thought he'd be a mid round pick, didn't get drafted at all.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can he? Absolutely. Will he? I don't think so. There's too much raw talent there, and it's not like he had a complete lack of production in college and you'd be drafting him on potential alone. He has produced, but let's not forget what he was dealing with this season at SC. No running game after Lattimore went down, and the QB play was atrocious all year. He's probably not the Top 15 guy many thought he was after last season, but I have a hard time picturing him out of the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote