Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm all for trying to flesh out the characters a bit more, but they aren't doing a good job of it. They are taking waaay too long and honestly, the more they flesh out the characters, the more I despise them. Lori is one of the worst characters ever
Yeah, you flesh out characters with actions (and some words in parallel), not words only.

These writers are seriously terrible.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the mid-season finale was pretty awesome and as far as the whole season goes, I am really enjoying it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh lawdy have mercy! The Walking Dead is back this Sunday! Thank the heavens above! Hopefully Carl is dead when the show resumes.

(I'm watching Prison Break and I've got a huge crush on Sarah Wayne Callies now.. so at least I'll get to see her once a week) :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh lawdy have mercy! The Walking Dead is back this Sunday! Thank the heavens above! Hopefully Carl is dead when the show resumes.

(I'm watching Prison Break and I've got a huge crush on Sarah Wayne Callies now.. so at least I'll get to see her once a week) :D
She is amazing in Prison Break. Although that could also be because she is the only female character...

Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, the first season of prison break and half of season 2 would have been one of the best tv miniseries of all time. To bad Fox leached it for 6 seasons.

Can't wait for some more Walking Dead.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I wish it went for six seasons! Unfortunately we only got to see four seasons worth of their amazing escapes.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I wish it went for six seasons! Unfortunately we only got to see four seasons worth of their amazing escapes.
You're right, it was only 4 seasons. You have to admit, Panama was bad.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
After the first and some of the second season, all of it was bad! But I still enjoyed it from a fanboy perspective.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all the commercials got me amped up for it, hopefully more zombies and general violence
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
After the first and some of the second season, all of it was bad! But I still enjoyed it from a fanboy perspective.
Jeez, spoiler alert you dumb jerkbags.

I'm half way through s2 and I'm still enjoying it.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

You want a spoiler alert for Prison Break... It has the most derivative plot evarrr after season 1.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

you should stop now then because it's downhill from there on out.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
you should stop now then because it's downhill from there on out.
The only alternative is to give in to Brody and watch Supernatural and I'm afraid I just can't do that.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Supernatural is pretty good though!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much stopped watching Prison break after second season because it was so bad...Not as bad as anything after Season 1 of heroes but still bad.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Good comeback episode.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good comeback episode.
I thought it was pretty good too. But do any of you watch the Talking Dead? It actually has some pretty good insight afterwards. Last night it was really funny. Dave Navarro was on it and so was one of the producers and Navarro was kind of echoing a lot of the criticisms that people on here are. He was talking about how the Carl and Sophie storylines dragged on too long. He talked about the lack of zombies in some episodes. He said we want them off the farm. And then somebody called in and asked about that girl who got sick in this episode and the producer said that will be resolved in the next few episodes and Navarro said "Great, we get to watch another bed ridden character for half a season." Pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is every one a big fan of the writers making Dale a psychic? I thought it was very bold of them to add an element like that into a show like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is every one a big fan of the writers making Dale a psychic? I thought it was very bold of them to add an element like that into a show like this.
I loved it. I can't wait to see what other superpowers the rest of the people get.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I loved it. I can't wait to see what other superpowers the rest of the people get.
Lori - How to read a map and drive at the same time super power
Shane - Have the ability to have full conversations with other characters despite them just standing there saying nothing
Rick - Ability to make new friends / contemplate if he is the leader power
Carl - Just die already power
Andrea - Same as above
Asian - Stop being ***** whipped power
Daryl - Being the one likeable character on the whole show power
T-bone - Most awesomely conceived name ever power (+1 for the writers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane will have the SERIOUS STARE power. No matter what is going on, he can stare at you and look brooding.

Carl will have the TERRIBLE ACTING power. He will completely kill your immersion into the series every time he's on screen and you realize how terrible he is.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I thought it was pretty good too. But do any of you watch the Talking Dead? It actually has some pretty good insight afterwards. Last night it was really funny. Dave Navarro was on it and so was one of the producers and Navarro was kind of echoing a lot of the criticisms that people on here are. He was talking about how the Carl and Sophie storylines dragged on too long. He talked about the lack of zombies in some episodes. He said we want them off the farm. And then somebody called in and asked about that girl who got sick in this episode and the producer said that will be resolved in the next few episodes and Navarro said "Great, we get to watch another bed ridden character for half a season." Pretty funny.
The biggest issue the show has is the role the women play. The vast majority of female characters are incredibly weak and very, very stupid. Lori is a great example. She has been pathetic and useless the whole series so far, but driving off on her own when Rick has already left the camp is incredibly dumb. What kind of parent leaves their child behind when there is a possibility both parents could not return. She is a terrible parent. Maybe if we are lucky Child Protective Services will come and take Carl away.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
The biggest issue the show has is the role the women play. The vast majority of female characters are incredibly weak and very, very stupid. Lori is a great example. She has been pathetic and useless the whole series so far, but driving off on her own when Rick has already left the camp is incredibly dumb. What kind of parent leaves their child behind when there is a possibility both parents could not return. She is a terrible parent. Maybe if we are lucky Child Protective Services will come and take Carl away.
If we're REALLY lucky they'll be zombies who eat him so we never have to see that character again.

The most recent episode was ok, but I miss the action that the show had in the beginning of the series. We need a whole lot more of that. I want them to get stuck in a mall or something stupid and have to escape when a billion zombies are chasing them.

Damn. Now I want to play L4D2.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My wife and I were thinking the same thing. First, she goes to Darryl and says something along the lines of "Hey Darryl, some random chick is sick in the farm house, can you go tell Rick?" Two things popped into our heads. First, didn't you already tell Rick that somebody was sick. Isn't that why he went into town in the first place. Second, if it is so important, get off your lazy ass and do it yourself.

And then of course she does go down there and gets into a car crash. Seriously, how is that even possible? I can drive down the interstate at 80 MPH and send a text message while eating a cheeseburger without getting into a wreck. How in the hell does she get into a wreck when there isn't another driver on the road in the entire country? Freaking women drivers.

When they go back to the bar, they have dialogue where Rick tells Herschel that somebody is sick at the farmhouse, confirming my suspicions that Rick already knew. So there was absolutely no reason for her to drive into town. What a freaking moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote