Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,579
Reputation: 483305
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Again, completely false. Did you watch the San Fran comeback? Your saying that wasn't all on Tony Romo's back? Besides, what QB doesn't need help? Football is the ultimate team sport. Put Joe Montana is his prime with an average to below average defense, OL, recievers, and running back and watch him finish 8-8. Then get back to me....

Ahhh, the power of ESPN these days. Terrible.
Our defense also played out of their minds in the 2nd half of that San Fran game. Romo played big and he earned a lot of respect for playing with the broken ribs, but it wasn't all on him.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Not a mutiny, I just don't think the current structure of our organization is the best fit for a young inexperienced coach like Garrett and I have my doubts that he's the one that can change the culture within the lockerroom. Garrett's familiarity with our vets is not a good thing IMO, there's undoubtedly a comfort level between him and the players and I was looking for them to feel uncomfort after that horrendous 2010 campaign. There needed to be a major shake up, promoting the in-house guy was too knee jerk and it was a missed opportunity. That all ties in to the mental toughness issues we talked about a few pages back, the last thing a mentally weak team needs after a season like that is to feel a sense of comfort. When Garrett was named HC our underachieving lockerroom breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that we're still making the same stupid mistakes and blowing leads in mind numbing fashion has me worried that I am right.

Anyway, Stanford Routt is set to visit Dallas this week according to Matt Mosley.
Wait, can Routt be signed right now because he was released or does he need wait until March 13th too?

He might be the best bang for your buck free agent, but I would hate to sign a guy who is turning 29 to anything more than a 3 year deal. No need for another Terence Newman situation.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Our defense also played out of their minds in the 2nd half of that San Fran game. Romo played big and he earned a lot of respect for playing with the broken ribs, but it wasn't all on him.
The defense was solid, but my point is that to say Romo can't carry a team when other's can is idiotic. Football is a team game. With the interior OL and RB situation besides that 5 game stretch from Murray, Romo hardly had elite type help, and still had the best season of his career. He was outstanding. And Miles wasn't 100% when he was on the field, and their timing was off as well.

Romo is fine. He can carry a team just as well as anyone can. Look at the first giants game. Could he have played any better? And don't give me the overthrow to miles austin, it never shouldn't have come to that. The defense folded like a paper figurine. If our defense could have done anything in a two minute drill or a game tying/winning drive we would've been 12-4.

Romo is a stud. Period.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,579
Reputation: 483305
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Wait, can Routt be signed right now because he was released or does he need wait until March 13th too?

He might be the best bang for your buck free agent, but I would hate to sign a guy who is turning 29 to anything more than a 3 year deal. No need for another Terence Newman situation.
I'm pretty sure he can sign right now because he was cut before the new league year, but I'm not 100% on that.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,579
Reputation: 483305
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The defense was solid, but my point is that to say Romo can't carry a team when other's can is idiotic. Football is a team game. With the interior OL and RB situation besides that 5 game stretch from Murray, Romo hardly had elite type help, and still had the best season of his career. He was outstanding. And Miles wasn't 100% when he was on the field, and their timing was off as well.

Romo is fine. He can carry a team just as well as anyone can. Look at the first giants game. Could he have played any better? And don't give me the overthrow to miles austin, it never shouldn't have come to that. The defense folded like a paper figurine. If our defense could have done anything in a two minute drill or a game tying/winning drive we would've been 12-4.

Romo is a stud. Period.
No doubt Romo can play with the best of them, but he's got his issues with consistency. I don't think it's as up and down as some make it out to be, but that's particially due to the fact that his hiccups occur on the big stage when everyone's watching. I don't know what it is, could be caving into pressure or just bad timing... but no one will mistake him for being one of the most clutch QBs in the game. And I know you said don't bring up the missed throw to Austin, but it's another example of missing in the clutch. Eli makes that throw, Romo doesn't.

That said, I'm not sure a QB that can carry a team by himself even exists.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Yeah cause he's in the locker room right? What a joke. The media today is pathetic. If you actually take anything from that then I don't even know what to tell you..
What does that have anything to do with needing to be in the lockerroom?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Not a mutiny, I just don't think the current structure of our organization is the best fit for a young inexperienced coach like Garrett and I have my doubts that he's the one that can change the culture within the lockerroom. Garrett's familiarity with our vets is not a good thing IMO, there's undoubtedly a comfort level between him and the players and I was looking for them to feel uncomfort after that horrendous 2010 campaign. There needed to be a major shake up, promoting the in-house guy was too knee jerk and it was a missed opportunity. That all ties in to the mental toughness issues we talked about a few pages back, the last thing a mentally weak team needs after a season like that is to feel a sense of comfort. When Garrett was named HC our underachieving lockerroom breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that we're still making the same stupid mistakes and blowing leads in mind numbing fashion has me worried that I am right.

Anyway, Stanford Routt is set to visit Dallas this week according to Matt Mosley.
I dunno about that... Garrett dumped a lot of "vets" before the season even began. He started his reign as head coach with an iron fist dumping a lot of guys who weren't earning their keep. Also, this was hardly a knee jerk hire. Had he been hired as our HC over Wade in the first place, then that would've been pretty knee jerk, but he was being groomed for this job and it started when he first got here. Your talk for needing a major shake up? Say hi to Rob Ryan. ;) That said, you don't get a major shake up on defense if all you do is add Elam and Coleman while keeping Newman and extending Spears. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Again, completely false. Did you watch the San Fran comeback? Your saying that wasn't all on Tony Romo's back? Besides, what QB doesn't need help? Football is the ultimate team sport. Put Joe Montana is his prime with an average to below average defense, OL, recievers, and running back and watch him finish 8-8. Then get back to me....

Ahhh, the power of ESPN these days. Terrible.
One game does not make a player. TheFinisher is right. It's about consistency, which is something you fail to see.

BTW, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees go better than 8-8 on this team. What Romo did with this team... most any average middle tier NFL starter can do. Jason Garrett did about the same thing wtih Jon Kitna when he took over as interim HC.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What does that have anything to do with needing to be in the lockerroom?
What do you mean? How does it not? Bradshaw is a new york giant and just talking about what he hears in the media. This "they don't believe in Romo" crap was garbage. Back in 2005 and 2006 everyone was calling for Eli's head and I doubt the "team believed in him" but look at it now?

It's a joke.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
One game does not make a player. TheFinisher is right. It's about consistency, which is something you fail to see.

BTW, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees go better than 8-8 on this team. What Romo did with this team... most any average middle tier NFL starter can do. Jason Garrett did about the same thing wtih Jon Kitna when he took over as interim HC.
Actually, I doubt brady and brees going much better than 8-8 on this team. Romo probably avoided 25 sacks this season with his hoodini acts. They would get murdered. You forget that those guys get pampered behind there perfect pass protecting OL's. Brees at least.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What do you mean? How does it not? Bradshaw is a new york giant and just talking about what he hears in the media. This "they don't believe in Romo" crap was garbage. Back in 2005 and 2006 everyone was calling for Eli's head and I doubt the "team believed in him" but look at it now?

It's a joke.
I get it now. You didn't read Bradshaw's quote right. He was only speculating on what the players in the Cowboys lockerroom thought. The same thing we all do. You don't need to be in the Cowboys lockerroom to have an opinion about them. By your own logic, you yourself have no substance to your own posts because you're not in the Cowboys lockerroom.

I'm not saying Bradshaw is right, but he brings up a question mark many people have including me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Actually, I doubt brady and brees going much better than 8-8 on this team. Romo probably avoided 25 sacks this season with his hoodini acts. They would get murdered. You forget that those guys get pampered behind there perfect pass protecting OL's. Brees at least.
Yeah that's because Romo doesn't make his reads fast enough and he holds onto the ball too long. There are different ways of looking at that picture bro.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,913
Reputation: 2009538
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
You need to get these wild fantasy CB situations out of your head. If Routt came here, he'd be a starter. 4th CB? This isn't madden bro. Stanford Routt as our 4th CB? LOLOLOLOLOL.

As for Janoris Jenkins at 14, it isn't happening. Broaddus has inside info in the organization and he said on the football show that they aren't going to pick him at 14. They want to get bigger at CB. If they pick a CB at 14 it will be Kirkpatrick. Depends on free agency and who else is on the board.

Jenkins at 14 would be a mistake anyway. He's a solid CB but he's small and nothing spectacular. At 14 it would be terrible. Good thing they aren't going that direction.

I really don't mind your post, but this kinda stuff makes it hard to even take you serious, and is the exact reason why people don't take Cowboy fans serious here. Guess I'm crazy in the fact that annoys me.

Routt obviously wouldn't be the 4th CB on the depth chart but if we signed him I don't think he is good enough to warrant you changing your plans at the position, and if we like a guy at #14 at the position we still take him. Routt won't beat out Jenkins in base set, so he'd only be playing in Nickle and Dime sets, Scandrick has a decent size deal so if he out performs him that's exactly where he'll be.


I don't know how the situation will play out but none of it has anything to do with Madden.


As far as those "sources", that has nothing to do with it. I would just be hapy with him at the pick until I'm proven otherwise. I never said it will be the pick or that's who I'm expecting but right now I'm leaning towards him until the combines. I'd love Dre but doubt he makes it. If I had to take my choice it'd be Jenkins because I prefer the more pure, smooth cover CB, with better hips.


The size is nice but it's not doing Antonio Cromartie any good. I always prefer CB's with better technique and hip swivel. It's just a preference for me. I could be absolutely wrong but Jenkins looks like a stud to me.


I firmly expect him to go between picks 14-22. I don't think the value is off at all. Then again, I'm probably a bigger fan of addressing CB then most. Because while it does all start up front, I want more talent at he position.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,913
Reputation: 2009538
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like Wade's schemes and abilities... heck, I even hoped there was a way for us to keep him on as DC but at the same time see him relinquish the gig as HC. But it wasn't happening and it didn't happen. I respect him a lot, but that said, he is getting way too much credit for turning around that Texans defense. I say the majority of the credit goes to their GM for significantly upgrading the talent level first and foremost. Any half way decent DC could do a good job with that defense. So I'm not going to be too quick to go above and beyond what I initially thought of Wade (which was high already).

It depends how you want to look at it. Did Wade have any input on those defenders? Then he gets even more credit. I know the GM's job and all, but with the transition, and Wade being head man in charge of the switch, I get the feeling he had both feet in on selection of defensive players. He got guys who he thought fit his scheme and while we don't know how much input, he very well could have hand picked alot of those rookie studs.


Then again, Wade has always ran great 3-4 defenses, but he does deserve a ton of credit for the fact that he kept them ticking at an elite level without their premiere pass rusher in the scheme. It also didn't take long to re-tool that secondary which was far worse then ours. I don't know that say, Rob Ryan does as good of a job there. Wade, when he can focus on just that side of the ball, can come up with some great schemes.






Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

I'm happy that a fan of another team is coming in here and voicing the obvious, thanks BBD. I'd love to see a poll in the NFL Topic thread on what percentage of posters thinks JG is just a Jerry Yes Man, because I think it'd be an overwhelming response and maybe open some eyes up in here to what unbiased fans are seeing from the outside.



I think he is a Yes Man, but also a solid Head Coach. I think anybody Jerry hires will be the same type of guy though, so I don't think there is anything we can do about it. Maybe Bill Cowher could get some Parcells type of power, but Jerry is still going to have his antics and answer report questions about injuries 100% honest on Tuesday before the head coach, and walk down on the sideline when he is in panic mode.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,347
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wait?...Bradshaw is the same RB to fumble in the NFC division game?
The same guy to fumble in the superbowl?
The same guy that nearly lost the game by falling into the endzone instead of kneeling on the 1?


Yea....That guys "clutch!" I want to hear more from him.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 02-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Wait?...Bradshaw is the same RB to fumble in the NFC division game?
The same guy to fumble in the superbowl?
The same guy that nearly lost the game by falling into the endzone instead of kneeling on the 1?


Yea....That guys "clutch!" I want to hear more from him.
hahahaha. made me laugh.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I really don't mind your post, but this kinda stuff makes it hard to even take you serious, and is the exact reason why people don't take Cowboy fans serious here. Guess I'm crazy in the fact that annoys me.

Routt obviously wouldn't be the 4th CB on the depth chart but if we signed him I don't think he is good enough to warrant you changing your plans at the position, and if we like a guy at #14 at the position we still take him. Routt won't beat out Jenkins in base set, so he'd only be playing in Nickle and Dime sets, Scandrick has a decent size deal so if he out performs him that's exactly where he'll be.


I don't know how the situation will play out but none of it has anything to do with Madden.


As far as those "sources", that has nothing to do with it. I would just be hapy with him at the pick until I'm proven otherwise. I never said it will be the pick or that's who I'm expecting but right now I'm leaning towards him until the combines. I'd love Dre but doubt he makes it. If I had to take my choice it'd be Jenkins because I prefer the more pure, smooth cover CB, with better hips.


The size is nice but it's not doing Antonio Cromartie any good. I always prefer CB's with better technique and hip swivel. It's just a preference for me. I could be absolutely wrong but Jenkins looks like a stud to me.


I firmly expect him to go between picks 14-22. I don't think the value is off at all. Then again, I'm probably a bigger fan of addressing CB then most. Because while it does all start up front, I want more talent at he position.
While I completely agree with you that Routt shouldn't change the plans at CB, it will. When does Jerry every get good overkill at a position? Barely ever. We never do things like what the Giants do with their DL. If we sign Routt, he will be a starter opposite Jenkins, with Scandrick as the #3, and I bet we don't go after our #4 until the middle rounds. That's just the way Jerry does it. One of his main faults is that he doesn't build on strengths.

I agree with you. I'd be all for Routt and then still taking Kirkpatrick at 14. But under Jerry we just won't do it. It's sad, but it's the truth.

As for Jenkins, he isn't going to be the pick. Broaddus knows people of value in the organization. He said they don't rate him that high and they want to get bigger at CB. If we pick him it will be in a trade down.

Anyway, I'm still on the Nicks bandwagon. If we land him and Arkin pans out we could be looking at a pretty nice OL for the foreseeable future. Smith and Free at the tackles, Nicks at one gaurd spot, and Arkin can take over for kosier by 2013. Anyone would be good enough at center with those four.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm very curious to see how Doug Free bounces back this year after a pretty bad 2011 and also moving to RT.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
hahahaha. made me laugh.
After reading over the past few pages, what has me laughing is the hypocritical nature of your resent posts regarding Romo and Rob Ryan.

You say Romo needs people around him and can't carry a team, but Rob Ryan is a "genius DC" who gets a pass because he has never had anything to work with....

So why the double standard? If anything, you're point has no validity because Romo is the farthest thing from the problem and has been a top 10 QB for the last 5 years, and Rob Ryan has never been on a team with a winning record and never had a team in the top 12 of points or yards per game. That's a joke. So he needs a better pass rush and secondary to win? I thought he was some genius? This defense made Rex Grossman, Matt Moore, and Kevin Kolb look like Montana is his prime in a 2 minute drive. Pathetic.

Again, just to let it sink in, Rob Ryan was the DC of all losing teams before this year were the Cowboys went 8-8, and never has had a unit finish in the top 33% of the league in yards per game, or scoring. And obviously his units aren't clutch/good at holding leads, so that isn't even a point against Romo, because Rob Ryan's units have blown more leads/games in the 4th quarter than Romo.

Let's just look to the Jets game. We were up 24-10 and the defense let Mark freakin' Sanchez go right down the field like we were butter in the 4th quarter and score to make it 24-17 with about 8 minutes left. Force a punt there and Romo's fumble and INT to revis don't even happen and we win the game. They gave up 2 TD's to calvin johnson against the lions too. We still had a 10 point lead after Romo's two pick 6's... what about that too?

I could go on and on. He's a loud mouth living on his last name and is an average coordinator. Now, he is good enough to win with with better players, which I will openly admit, but he's nothing special.

So, please do clarify your double standard regarding Romo and Rob Ryan.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 02-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,659
Reputation: 4263430
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm one of Romo's bigger supporters on here.

I'll ride with Romo. He's a top 7-8 qb in this league. Those don't grow on trees.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'm very curious to see how Doug Free bounces back this year after a pretty bad 2011 and also moving to RT.
Is he moving to RT for sure? I haven't heard anything official, but I'm slow with that kind of news since I come here for my news. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is he moving to RT for sure? I haven't heard anything official, but I'm slow with that kind of news since I come here for my news. LOL.
It's not written in stone, but both Garrett and Callahan have made public statements about considering it.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Let's take a look at John Elway for a minute. Until he had a great running game and a solid defense did he finally win a championship. And at that point, he was doing much less with his arm and legs than he did when he was losing super bowls. So I think that it can be unfair to say that Romo "needs" a good running game and "needs" a good defense to do well.

Also, let's look at Eli this year. He did have a pretty solid and consistent year altogether, but I don't think the Giants win the super bowl this year if Bradshaw doesn't get health and the running game doesn't pick up and if they do not get healthy on the DL and gel on defense. I highly doubt they make the play-offs if those 2 things do not happen.

When Brady was winning his championships, their defenses were ones that teams were afraid to play. I'm not taking anything away from Brady, but I don't know if they win all three of those if the defenses were dominant.

My point is that there aren't a lot of QB's in recent history that can take a team completely on their back and take them to a championship. Peyton Manning's do not grow on trees.

There's simply a lot of expectations for our QB position with our storied franchise. By no means am I defending Romo, but rather saying it's unfair to make statements saying he needs both a good defense and running game to win when other winning QB's in recent history have needed them as well.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
After reading over the past few pages, what has me laughing is the hypocritical nature of your resent posts regarding Romo and Rob Ryan.

You say Romo needs people around him and can't carry a team, but Rob Ryan is a "genius DC" who gets a pass because he has never had anything to work with....

So why the double standard? If anything, you're point has no validity because Romo is the farthest thing from the problem and has been a top 10 QB for the last 5 years, and Rob Ryan has never been on a team with a winning record and never had a team in the top 12 of points or yards per game. That's a joke. So he needs a better pass rush and secondary to win? I thought he was some genius? This defense made Rex Grossman, Matt Moore, and Kevin Kolb look like Montana is his prime in a 2 minute drive. Pathetic.

Again, just to let it sink in, Rob Ryan was the DC of all losing teams before this year were the Cowboys went 8-8, and never has had a unit finish in the top 33% of the league in yards per game, or scoring. And obviously his units aren't clutch/good at holding leads, so that isn't even a point against Romo, because Rob Ryan's units have blown more leads/games in the 4th quarter than Romo.

Let's just look to the Jets game. We were up 24-10 and the defense let Mark freakin' Sanchez go right down the field like we were butter in the 4th quarter and score to make it 24-17 with about 8 minutes left. Force a punt there and Romo's fumble and INT to revis don't even happen and we win the game. They gave up 2 TD's to calvin johnson against the lions too. We still had a 10 point lead after Romo's two pick 6's... what about that too?

I could go on and on. He's a loud mouth living on his last name and is an average coordinator. Now, he is good enough to win with with better players, which I will openly admit, but he's nothing special.

So, please do clarify your double standard regarding Romo and Rob Ryan.
Tony Romo has been surrounded by top shelf talent basically his entire career here. The amount of resources that the team has committed to the offense has been terribly unbalanced compared to what has been invested in the defense. The fact that he still can't get the job despite all that puts the microscope heavily on his shoulders.

If Rob Ryan had a defense with top shelf talent and still wasn't getting the job done, then he would receive equal criticism. Rob improved our defense dramatically from last year using the same (albeit a year older) players that Wade used. So to hear someone praise Wade and criticize Rob when the players were basically the same is lunacy to me. That is the epitome of giving someone praise based off name.

Tony Romo has been starting for 7 years and Rob Ryan has been here 1. Why would I criticize them both equally relative to the Cowboys? Especially when Ryan made our defense perform better in his first year?

You talk about double standard as if it's wrong or unfair. That's the facts of life. They exist! ...and it IS FAIR. I'm not gonna hold David Arkin and Kyle Kosier on the same level. I'm not gonna hold Jason Garrett's first year as HC on the same level as Wade Phillips' last year as HC. You need to factor in the circumstances before you start to compare apples to oranges.

Tony Romo is not THE problem. Yes, he has made idiotic decisions that have cost this teams wins and yes, he has made great decisions that have given this team wins. He's not a bad QB. I agree that he is a top 7-10 QB in the league and I'm happy to have him as the Cowboys QB. IS THAT CLEAR???

Some of you guys get in an uproar because I name QB as a future draft need. Some of you guys get in an uproar if anyone in the world doubts Romo's ability to win a SB. Some of you guys are overly supportive and overly forgiving of his mistakes. Why can't you call it like it is? When he does good, praise him. When he does bad, don't brush it aside and point the finger elsewhere. That's what I see. I don't see many calling out Romo for his mistakes.

If you wanna talk about double standard, why give Romo excuses and Rob none? Because one is ranked higher in their profession than another? Really? A rankings list??? Rob has 2 Super Bowl rings. How many does Romo have?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It's not written in stone, but both Garrett and Callahan have made public statements about considering it.
Sweeeeeeeeeet! Just the kind of news to make my day. ^_^
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.