Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so used to the Call of Duty controls that I looked like garbage when I was playing the Mass Effect 3 demo today.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm so used to the Call of Duty controls that I looked like garbage when I was playing the Mass Effect 3 demo today.
How was it. Tell me EA didn't screw this one up.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
There were zero side quests....character development was just stupid. It just had a hallway plot and that...was all.

And the fighting system...so stupid. You could only control one character and the others would just run willy nilly around the battlefield. Yet certain enemies could use sweep attacks to hit you all, and there was nothing you could do to spread out or anything like that.

It was just trash. The game had no redeeming qualities, especially for someone who has been playing the games in the series for years.

And, no, it wasn't just because it was "different." 7, 8, 9 and 10 were all wildly different from eachother yet I greatly enjoyed each one of them. 13 was awful.
Imma sit through FF XIII because I got FF XIII-2 and I absolutely HATE doing sequels before prequels.

I myself enjoyed all those you named and I know I'm in the minority I actually liked XII

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked XI, too!!!

Do people still play it? I might get that **** for Windows, actually.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on the FF 13 hate, it was pretty lame and I too was upset I spent money on it. The last good FF game I played was 10, 12 was just so meh, just noting really special.

Back to my skyrim post, sure there may be a ton of side quests, but really that doesn't do anything for me when I think the combat system is very weak (and to be fair I have this issue with all bethseda games incuding fallout and the previous Morrwind games). Idk run to town B to complete quest in town A just doesnt do it for me, and it's not like the premise or types of quests you get are any different from fallout or oblivion. Someone asks you to do something, run to location, do it, get reward. Sometimes they throw little things in there to mix it up, but it hasn't changed from any of the past games, and all Bethseda games are expansive. So expansive that alot of times they are buggy as ****. I just have never been one to favor a big world to explore and lots to do when all of it isn't anything special. Just my opinion on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oops I meant XII lol....stupid roman numerals mess me up lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I miss when Final Fantasy games were ******* awesome. I cannot tell you the amount of time I spent on 7,8,9,10 when I was a kid. Hell, I went back and replayed 7 a few summers ago just because. Still awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, guess I should just get XIV. Anyone played it?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
****, guess I should just get XIV. Anyone played it?
Ign reported that it was so buggy it was nearly unplayable upon release. It got like a 4 or something. I would say stay away from that ****.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I agree on the FF 13 hate, it was pretty lame and I too was upset I spent money on it. The last good FF game I played was 10, 12 was just so meh, just noting really special.

Back to my skyrim post, sure there may be a ton of side quests, but really that doesn't do anything for me when I think the combat system is very weak (and to be fair I have this issue with all bethseda games incuding fallout and the previous Morrwind games). Idk run to town B to complete quest in town A just doesnt do it for me, and it's not like the premise or types of quests you get are any different from fallout or oblivion. Someone asks you to do something, run to location, do it, get reward. Sometimes they throw little things in there to mix it up, but it hasn't changed from any of the past games, and all Bethseda games are expansive. So expansive that alot of times they are buggy as ****. I just have never been one to favor a big world to explore and lots to do when all of it isn't anything special. Just my opinion on it.
Agree w/this. Haven't played Skyrim, but I dont know if I'd like it.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
How was it. Tell me EA didn't screw this one up.
I'm still going to absolutely love it. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, so the plot isn't exactly a surprise. I felt drunk moving around at first and whiffed on my new power melee, but I'm pretty sure everything will feel perfect again after an hour or so. The story is going to be insane and I have a good feeling that I'm going to love every minute of it. It looks like it should wrap up Kaiden/Ashley, Wrex, Garrus, Liara, Reapers, and pretty much everything from the first game, while nodding to the 2nd game. I have faith, Drew Karpashian wasn't as involved in the game as I'd like, but the writer from the 2nd game did this one. It does look like its pushing more cinematic moments and easy access. However, the skills system looks deeper and I think everything is still there unless you turn the option off. Plus the fact that they've been working on this game for years now should guarantee its quality and depth. After Dragon Age 2, never again will I trust a one year developed game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
God I miss when Final Fantasy games were ******* awesome. I cannot tell you the amount of time I spent on 7,8,9,10 when I was a kid. Hell, I went back and replayed 7 a few summers ago just because. Still awesome.
**** yeah....I replayed 8 and 9 last summer...and 10 right before school started...almost brought a tear to my eye.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
**** yeah....I replayed 8 and 9 last summer...and 10 right before school started...almost brought a tear to my eye.
I was so upset over the end of 10 when I was younger. I bought FF 10-2 just to see the ending. 10 was awesome, really awesome actually. I would almost put it up there with 7 and 7 is one of my favorite games of all time. All this FF talk, we should do a play through race or something.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was so upset over the end of 10 when I was younger. I bought FF 10-2 just to see the ending. 10 was awesome, really awesome actually. I would almost put it up there with 7 and 7 is one of my favorite games of all time. All this FF talk, we should do a play through race or something.
The 2nd time I played 10 which was about a year after I had gotten it....I didn't even want to finish the game cuz the ending was so sad haha 10 was my favorite game for a very long time.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To DS: Yeah, I gave up on the roman numerals halfway through my post, haha. Yeah, I enjoyed 8 more than most. 7 is still king, and 9 was my least favorite at first but has grown on me in subsequent play throughs. If I had to rank them, I'd go 7, 10, 8, 9, 12...................................staring at a wall.....13. Never played 11, but I'm not into MMOs.

To Raiderz: Unless you got XIII-2 for free, why on earth would you pick it up without even playing XIII? XIII was crap...maybe worth one play through just to say you did it, but no more. I found very few redeeming qualities in the game.

To APS: I actually replayed all of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 in order last year around this time. So much fun.

Overall, I know it's kind of cliche now, but I was shocked when I first played 7 and Sephiroth killed Aeris. That made the game personal right there. I had never played or watched anything prior to that where they just off a main character like that. And not in a game since then either...minor side characters and people who join your party temporarily, yeah. But not all of the sudden in the middle of the game has anyone else killed a main character like that. Brutal.

And in 10, when did you figure out that Auron was dead? I figured it out when he refused to go to the farplane in Guadosalam. I knew something wasn't right and pieced it together a little bit after that. I made sure not to let it slip to my brother who loved Auron and he didn't figure it out until the very end when he tells you.

Auron is just too badass...he was literally so pissed off about how his first pilgrimage went that he refused to die until it was corrected. Awesome. Not like, he was injured and fought through it...oh no...like, he was actually dead and just refused to go to the afterlife. **** yeah Auron, you rock.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was voted the most shocking moment in video game history, if I'm not mistaken. Killing off a major character in a cut scene? In 1997? If that's not revolutionary I don't know what is. It is the game that sold the Playstation, however.

Personally, I think it's the best game ever made and certainly one of the most influential, but there's arguments for others. Like Mario. That game is ******* awesome too.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was voted the most shocking moment in video game history, if I'm not mistaken. Killing off a major character in a cut scene? In 1997? If that's not revolutionary I don't know what is. It is the game that sold the Playstation, however.

Personally, I think it's the best game ever made and certainly one of the most influential, but there's arguments for others. Like Mario. That game is ******* awesome too.
Yeah, on "influential," the original Marios win.

I think the divide for behind Mario, at least in terms of new generations of video games, is FF7 vs. Ocarina of Time. I know people that would rather die than admit anything but OoT was the greatest game ever.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halo: Combat Evolved?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think the divide for behind Mario, at least in terms of new generations of video games, is FF7 vs. Ocarina of Time. I know people that would rather die than admit anything but OoT was the greatest game ever.
That argument depends entirely on what platform you were exposed to as a kid IMO. I didn't have an N64 until I'd already had a playstation for years, and I'll take FF7 over Ocarina of Time any day.

Not to mention, how badass is Advent Children? I'd kill for more FF7 movies.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
To DS: Yeah, I gave up on the roman numerals halfway through my post, haha. Yeah, I enjoyed 8 more than most. 7 is still king, and 9 was my least favorite at first but has grown on me in subsequent play throughs. If I had to rank them, I'd go 7, 10, 8, 9, 12...................................staring at a wall.....13. Never played 11, but I'm not into MMOs.

To Raiderz: Unless you got XIII-2 for free, why on earth would you pick it up without even playing XIII? XIII was crap...maybe worth one play through just to say you did it, but no more. I found very few redeeming qualities in the game.

To APS: I actually replayed all of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 in order last year around this time. So much fun.

Overall, I know it's kind of cliche now, but I was shocked when I first played 7 and Sephiroth killed Aeris. That made the game personal right there. I had never played or watched anything prior to that where they just off a main character like that. And not in a game since then either...minor side characters and people who join your party temporarily, yeah. But not all of the sudden in the middle of the game has anyone else killed a main character like that. Brutal.

And in 10, when did you figure out that Auron was dead? I figured it out when he refused to go to the farplane in Guadosalam. I knew something wasn't right and pieced it together a little bit after that. I made sure not to let it slip to my brother who loved Auron and he didn't figure it out until the very end when he tells you.

Auron is just too badass...he was literally so pissed off about how his first pilgrimage went that he refused to die until it was corrected. Awesome. Not like, he was injured and fought through it...oh no...like, he was actually dead and just refused to go to the afterlife. **** yeah Auron, you rock.
I did almost get it for free...gamestop points and a bunch of old trade ins.

I almost cried when I figured out Auron was dead...at the same point you did. He's still my fave FF character of all time. Was always my best character too...usually the last one to die in my party and always wrecking everyone.

I usually rolled with Auron Tidus Yuna and Wakka with Lulu as my 5th man. I didn't care for Rikku or Khimari.

FF7 was super legit. I agree with APS, Advent Children was ******* awesome. Also Sephiroth is one of my favorite villains, and characters overall, of all time as well.

For me it goes: 1. Auron 2. Sephiroth 3. Cloud 4. Squall No. 5 is tough but I think I really like Laguna.

Also, idk if anyone here will agree but I think 10s battle system is my favorite so far. I absolutely loved it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That argument depends entirely on what platform you were exposed to as a kid IMO. I didn't have an N64 until I'd already had a playstation for years, and I'll take FF7 over Ocarina of Time any day.

Not to mention, how badass is Advent Children? I'd kill for more FF7 movies.
I went from NES -> Sega Genesis -> PS One -> PC Gaming & PS2

Now I have a 360 but I don't play all that much on it. Bioware games and the aforementioned failure with FF13...

And Advent Children is incredible. I have the DVD at my apartment right now. Might have to watch it later now...Vincent is too much badass to handle in it. He just kind of...turns into...a cloak that spews bullets.

Btw, if you haven't already, acquire all the music by the Black Mages.

Quote:
The Black Mages were a Japanese instrumental rock band formed in 2002 by Nobuo Uematsu, Kenichiro Fukui and Tsuyoshi Sekito - three composers for Square Enix.

The FF7 boss battle music has no rival.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:

That's actually a really tough decision for me.

Original MGS is in there as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still stand by my Majora's Mask > OoT. Love both to death though. Just finished replaying OoT on the 3DS. Still a top notch gaming experience. Majora's Mask to me though is just the perfect game.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Playing through Majora's Mask was soooo ******* tedious at times, though. The temples were way better, though.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I also own the Advent Children DVD...and a fancy large TV that I haven't watched it on yet. Interesting...I know what I'm doing later.

Sephiroth is a total badass, and one of the best characters in video game history. I'm partial to using Cid in my party as well, always had him. His cumulative L4 Limit Break >>>> anything in the game not named Omnislash or Knights of the Round
Quote: