Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 10 games, it's too hard to choose an order (yes I know this has been done to death):

Mass Effect
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Halo 2
Paper Mario
Diablo 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (probably would need a year or so to pass before I truly appreciate Skyrim)
Kingdom Hearts
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
My top 10 games, it's too hard to choose an order (yes I know this has been done to death):

Mass Effect
Halo 2
Paper Mario
Diablo 2
Pokemon Blue/Red
Metal Gear Solid 2
Any system? Mine would definitely include Heroes of Might and Magic III, League of Legends, Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis, one of the Mechwarrior games (Probably 4, maybe 2) and a few others I can't think of right now because I've been writing papers on corporate responsibility all morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I did almost get it for free...gamestop points and a bunch of old trade ins.

I almost cried when I figured out Auron was dead...at the same point you did. He's still my fave FF character of all time. Was always my best character too...usually the last one to die in my party and always wrecking everyone.

I usually rolled with Auron Tidus Yuna and Wakka with Lulu as my 5th man. I didn't care for Rikku or Khimari.

FF7 was super legit. I agree with APS, Advent Children was ******* awesome. Also Sephiroth is one of my favorite villains, and characters overall, of all time as well.

For me it goes: 1. Auron 2. Sephiroth 3. Cloud 4. Squall No. 5 is tough but I think I really like Laguna.

Also, idk if anyone here will agree but I think 10s battle system is my favorite so far. I absolutely loved it.
A larger version of this was my desktop background for at least a year:

Another thing that could tip you off about Auron is that he carries one arm in his sleeve. That's what ronin in feudal Japan did if they refused to commit harakiri (ritual suicide) after their master's death.

Not that I knew that at the time, but anyone with knowledge like that probably could have pieced it together even sooner.

As for Sephiroth...anytime you have ominous latin chanting in your theme song, you're doing something right. Epic villain. I can't think of another villain in any game I've wanted to catch and defeat so badly as him.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine would go:

FF 10
FF 7
Halo 2
Zelda: OoT
Megaman X
Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart for the N64
DMC
Soul Reaver
Blood Omen

This was my background for a long time:

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have not once in my life played a Devil May Cry game. I feel like I missed out on something fundamental somewhere along the line.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I have not once in my life played a Devil May Cry game. I feel like I missed out on something fundamental somewhere along the line.
Better hurry and snatch up a copy. Games tend to go through a "donut" of value. They're expensive when they're new and come out, then can be had for pennies after they've been out a few years (the hole of the donut) then people get nostalgic for them and start shelling out money to dredge up what copies of the game they can find.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DMC 1 and 3 are orgasmic. 4 I haven't really played to judge but 2 was a severe disappointment.

I will be preordering the collection...due April 3rd.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-14-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any system? Mine would definitely include Heroes of Might and Magic III, League of Legends, Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis, one of the Mechwarrior games (Probably 4, maybe 2) and a few others I can't think of right now because I've been writing papers on corporate responsibility all morning.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I miss DOTA :( and I haz to play LoL daily to get my fix. Come play with me Caddy!
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I miss DOTA :( and I haz to play LoL daily to get my fix. Come play with me Caddy!
I haven't played League of Legends in ages. But I do share your love for Dota. Going to take a look at either of the new versions of DOTA?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm watching Advent Children now. I just want to get to the parts with Vincent and the battle at the end.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Now that was a fun game. Played it over and over and over. I was never able to get Cloud at the beginning though. I knew there was a way just didn't know how to do it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Now that was a fun game. Played it over and over and over. I was never able to get Cloud at the beginning though. I knew there was a way just didn't know how to do it.
I seriously play through this game about once a year. I spooged myself when I randomly found the psp version in a store. Having it portable is money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk of Final Fantasy and not one mention of Final Fantasy VI makes me sad. Easily my favorite FF.

Kefka > Sephiroth!

FF XIII was disappointing but not as bad as people are making it out to be on here. I liked the story and the universe it's set in. I hated only being able to control 1 character, which I've heard they changed in XIII-2. Has anyone played XIII-2 yet? I'm too broke atm to purchase it.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm sure I'd like 6, I've heard some great things. I've just never had a chance to play it.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I played 3 and 4 on emulators. Have not played 6 though.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Viking dude playing a pedophile build of the Mass Effect 3 demo. A must see for people who have already played the demo. Slight spoilers but he skips and doesn't show most of the demo, only the pedophile appropriate stuff...

"pedophile sensors activated" I will not be able to get that out of my head from now on while playing.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 has my favorite cast of characters. You even get a dancing moogle as a character. It's available on PSN. Final Fantasy 5 was another of my favorite's. 5 has an awesome job system. Unfortunately it's not available on PSN. Lucky for me I have my FF Anthology disc's, 5 & 6 on PS, and a backwards compatible PS3.

My ranking of the Final Fantasy games is radically different to most people's rankings from what I've seen.

I need to replay 1-3, haven't played them since like middle school/early high school. Too bad 3 is another one not easily obtained legally.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kefka is easily one of the best villains of all-time... He alone puts 6 way up there.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Honestly, imo, 8 had the weakest system for acquiring weapons...i hated it and thought it was dumb.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post

Mass Effect
Halo 2
Paper Mario
Diablo 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (probably would need a year or so to pass before I truly appreciate Skyrim)
Kingdom Hearts
A link to the past and twilight princess are both far superior games to Majora's mask. But then again, most people either love or hate that game.

I don't know that I could come up with a top 10 list.

Quote:
Megaman X
One of the hardest games of all time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Halo: Combat Evolved?
Goldeneye?
------------------------

Just finished (still have at least half of the quests to go... but I did beat the "final" boss) Kindgom of Amalur: Reckoning and quite frankly, the game's final boss is a bad joke. By the time you reach it, you are basically ungodly powerful anyways... but they could have at least done something better...

No spoilers in case some are taking their time or haven't gotten started, but overall the game is very entertaining, but seriously in need of balancing.

Last edited by descendency : 02-15-2012 at 03:02 AM.
descendency is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Honestly, imo, 8 had the weakest system for acquiring weapons...i hated it and thought it was dumb.
Except if you're creative, you can get Lionheart on disc one and if you keep your level low, you just beast all over everything for like the next two discs.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Fdmstng99
Rookie

Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone download the Mass Effect 3 demo? Downloaded last night but didnt' have a chance to play it.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I will not be downloading it as I prefer to be exposed to as few spoilers as possible. I'm even pissed that I've overheard a few of the things that were leaked out.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I will not be downloading it as I prefer to be exposed to as few spoilers as possible. I'm even pissed that I've overheard a few of the things that were leaked out.
You're killing me. Its not like the demo shows the final fate of any of the characters from ME1 or 2. If they lived, then they are still obviously alive. If they died, then they will be replaced by someone else. The brand promise of the first game was to resolve all the plot points opened in the first game. Fighting a Reaper invasion is kind of a big plot point to resolve. And that's not a spoiler because it would be like saying "there's a terminator in terminator 3". After playing it, I don't know what could possibly be spoiled. Just play the demo and enjoy. It'll leave you wanting more, but then you can just keep playing it or try out the multiplayer portion to tide you over. Take the "pu$$y off the pedestal" and enjoy it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote