Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I built up my farm system last year with guys who should help a lot. The 4 I have noow are all top 25 guys and some are considered top 10. Let's stick with 4.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the rules last year was that you could keep 3 minor league players, and put another of them as a major league keeper if you want. I think that worked fine.

I still think we should start over, but it seems I'm alone on that. The FA system needs tweeking and with Pujols and Fielder coming over it's going to throw things out of whack (although I'd be happy if I was D)

If we keep the same system, knocking it down to 8 keepers makes sense. Anything less is unfair.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't start over, does anyone have a link to offseason player movement? I need to award money to guys who lost players to the national league (I know I lost Papelbon)

Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If we don't start over, does anyone have a link to offseason player movement? I need to award money to guys who lost players to the national league (I know I lost Papelbon)
Here's a link, probably not the best one out there. My guess is the easiest way to do things would be to re-activate the league and then just skim through every team page and look at which teams have guys who are on NL teams. Would only take a couple minutes per team.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say start over. And consider that I'm the guy who won this the last two seasons by big margins.

OR, alternatively, I think we should cut the keepers to 2 or 3 and 2 or 3 minor leaguers then start again.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're gonna start over, then you have to announce that prior to the year you plan to do it. I think it's pretty nazi to run the season under one impression, get everybody to play that way, and then change the rules on a dime.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with D-Unit on this one. If we announce now that 2013 would be a start over then that's fine with me but I was under the assumption that we wouldn't be starting over for a while.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why you always try to win now and not later.

If the league is still going to be as much of a runaway as it was the last 2 years, I don't see how this is going to be very fun. Doubt my team is getting any weaker ...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm with D-Unit on this one. If we announce now that 2013 would be a start over then that's fine with me but I was under the assumption that we wouldn't be starting over for a while.
I'm with GF and D-Unit on this one. I'd say that if we want to start over or cut the keepers way down to do it after this year, not now when people had planned on things being one way.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's why you always try to win now and not later.

If the league is still going to be as much of a runaway as it was the last 2 years, I don't see how this is going to be very fun. Doubt my team is getting any weaker ...
Well that's BS in a dynasty league. It's set up that way for a reason. If we're going to start over every 2 or 3 years then there is no point in having a keeper league at all.

I just came into this league last year and tried to win but also tried to make some moves for the future which I did.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If that's what you want, then I will have no pity on destroying all of your sorry asses for a third time.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If that's what you want, then I will have no pity on destroying all of your sorry asses for a third time.
It would only be the 2nd time for me in this league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It would only be the 2nd time for me in this league.
Welcome to Groundhogs Day.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should change somethings though. Like the whole bidding for FA mess. Just get rid of it and go waiver priority. Also, make it daily pick ups... none of this Wed/Fri only add days. You can add restrictions to the number of pick ups or have max innings like we do in other leagues.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think we should change somethings though. Like the whole bidding for FA mess. Just get rid of it and go waiver priority. Also, make it daily pick ups... none of this Wed/Fri only add days. You can add restrictions to the number of pick ups or have max innings like we do in other leagues.
Can't do that either. People have been saving free agent dollars for two years now. And some people spent all their money already.

Same logic applies to what you and others were arguing earlier about needing 1 year advance notice of significant changes like that.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Can't do that either. People have been saving free agent dollars for two years now. And some people spent all their money already.

Same logic applies to what you and others were arguing earlier about needing 1 year advance notice of significant changes like that.
Well we weren't arguing... Just stating our position.

But you make a valid point on the FA dollars. Still, I don't think opening it up to daily add/drops changes strategy, so I'm in favor of improving that aspect of the game.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like the free agency dollars (D just doesn't have any)

My problem is the distinction between picking up guys during the season, and in the off-season. It doesn't really make sense why Pujols is available in the draft, but would have been available as a free agent in the middle of the season. I'm not saying we should change that immediately, but it's something worth considering going forward.

I also didn't expect Pujols and Prince Fielder to switch leagues in the same season. It worked better last year because we cut two teams, so the pool was deeper.

And I don't want to cut down to 2-3 keepers. This is no more fair than starting over. My team, for example, has no stars, but a ton of depth.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

And I understand what you're all saying about starting over. I usually don't like to do it either, so if there's no consent, I'm fine with that.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And I understand what you're all saying about starting over. I usually don't like to do it either, so if there's no consent, I'm fine with that.
What is that sig? Oh my...
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Downton Abbey you unwashed cretin!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Downton Abbey you unwashed cretin!
Hey.... whatever tickles your fancy.

I'm more of a Jessica Alba fan myself.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's Maggie Smith. You're a father so I'm assuming you've at least seen Harry Potter.

Anyway, boobs are nice and stuff, but I'm not 21 anymore. I took down my posters a long time ago.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's Maggie Smith. You're a father so I'm assuming you've at least seen Harry Potter.

Anyway, boobs are nice and stuff, but I'm not 21 anymore. I took down my posters a long time ago.
OOOOHHHHhh yyeah, now she's familiar!

Haddy Po-ttah! *you know everybody says it like that* lol

Ah BF...Posters are sooo pre-internet days. You old geezer.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can we agree now before the season that we'll start from scratch for 2013?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Can we agree now before the season that we'll start from scratch for 2013?
Not for me.

sig by BoneKrusher