Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Think Before you Post.

Hey Little Joey,
Next time think before you post. You never know who is lurking to put you in your place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I want to thank you for brightening my day. You are one of the most self-unaware individuals that I've engaged with in ages.

You are either a shining example of the Dunning–Kruger effect or a troll that is dedicated to his hobby. Either way, kudos, and again thanks for making me laugh.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Hey Little Joey,
Next time think before you post. You never know who is lurking to put you in your place.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sparty,

You never responded to me in the other thread. We should continue it here. Here was my response to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
First, 2012 - 2006 = 6 years ago. I really hope you didn't major in math at MSU.

Second, you said in the last decade, not the last 5 years.

Third, in the last 5 years MSU has 27 wins in the Big Ten, tied for 2nd most with PSU and 3 behind OSU.

Fourth, I said Michigan has been more relevant than MSU in the last decade, not recently or the last 5 years. I never said MSU is irrelevant.

Fifth, MSU has a ton of bandwagon football fans in the last couple years. Hey, Iowa does too usually. It's annoying when they think they are some elite team when they aren't even close.

Finally, I have a degree from Iowa. I only spent 4 years in that god foresaken state. I live and work in Chicago.

I've been to Michigan St. a number of times and love the campus. But you and other MSU fans need stop acting like god damn little brother and bitching about the name Michigan being used in an irrelevant example. It just furthers the notion that MSU fans are obsessed with all things Michigan.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 02-10-2012 at 06:39 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about we just universally agree to ignore this dude and maybe he'll go away?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How about we just universally agree to ignore this dude and maybe he'll go away?
I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is some hilarious stuff. I need to come on more. Sparty's a madman. How about some actual B1G discussion or is that in appropriate at this point?

Actually I don't know what to talk about :(

2012 is a big year for Braxton Miller, do you guys think he'll be able to adjust to Meyer's system or does he hit a rough sophomroe slump and regress? I've no idea what to expect. Moreover, does our secondary make the improvements it needs to? Do our linebackers learn how to ******* make open-field tackles and stop taking piss poor angles?

Can we actually have a goddamn pass rush?

Plenty of questions to be answered in 2012 for us.

How is everyone else's team looking for next year? Iowa, Illinois, Wiscy?

A lot of friends I hang out with here at IU had a raging boner for Nebraska in 2011. Ouch.

Sorry this post is all over the place, my mind wanders.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
This is some hilarious stuff. I need to come on more. Sparty's a madman. How about some actual B1G discussion or is that in appropriate at this point?

2012 is a big year for Braxton Miller, do you guys think he'll be able to adjust to Meyer's system or does he hit a rough sophomroe slump and regress? I've no idea what to expect. Moreover, does our secondary make the improvements it needs to? Do our linebackers learn how to ******* make open-field tackles and stop taking piss poor angles?

A lot of friends I hang out with here at IU had a raging boner for Nebraska in 2011. Ouch.

I'm interested in seeing how Minny does. I like Kill, and hope he can improve the team. There is no reason for Minnesota to be a terrible team.

I'm also interested in seeing how Illinois does. I wonder if Beckmann can bring them out of their funk. Recruiting Chicago can be very tough.

WRT OSU, Braxton is a great athlete. Supposedly he had a decent arm in HS, but I didn't see much of that this season. He has nowhere to go but up, and I think he will excel with a real QB coach and a real OC.

There are plenty of guys to step up and be playmakers for OSU, it's not like the team was barren of athletes, despite Urban's hyperbole. It's just that the offense was so terrible and that the coaching was so terrible that these kids couldn't do very much. That kind of coaching ineptitude wears on a player (speaking from HS experience) and after awhile.

The D-Line will be stacked. LBs will be better than last year, but still not a strong point as the new talent tries to learn the system. DBs are a question mark, but I think they'll be strong. I think there will be a lot of freshmen getting meaningful PT on D this year.

The schedule is as easy as you can get, IMO. Stupid Gene Smith really blew it, as I think there would have been a shot at a BCS game this next season with a one or two loss season being decently probable.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who are our starting receivers then besides Devin Smith? Is he even staying?

I hope Doran Grant has his coming out party this year, he's so talented. Also, I agree we've absolutely immense talent along the defensive line, but how much will Schutt, Spence, Washington and Pittman contribute? I guess we don't really need them too with Steve Miller and Hayes waiting in the shadows. Micheal Bennett, Hankins, Miller, Williams? Williams may not be the same player though. Forr some reason it's slipping my mind if Simon's graduating or going into his senior.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Spence and Washington to play a lot this year, as much as John Simon played in 2009 during his freshman year. We need speed at DE, that means Nathan Williams (if he's back to healthy), Steve Miller, Kenny Hayes, and the freshmen get PT. JT Moore should see the field soon, though I think the younger guys will pass him on the depth chart. Hankins, Simon (senior this year), and Michael Bennett are all going to be monsters this year on the D-Line.

Devin Smith will start outside. Corey Brown will be starting as well. He should be the slot guy. Chris Fields, Evan Spencer, and Verlon Reed (who is recovering from an ACL injury) will battle for the 3rd and 4th WR spots.

We return our entire secondary from last year. Doran Grant will be the #3 cornerback behind Brad Roby and Travis Howard. Ryan Shazier and Etienne Sabino will start at LB. The 3rd linebacker will either be Storm Klein at MLB (with Sabino at SLB) or Curtis Grant at SLB (moving Sabino to MLB).
Old 02-12-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Would be badass to see us become the New York Giants of college football and just throw 4 defensive ends at a quarterback on 3rd and longs although we could become prone to screens, draws and whatnot but I'm not trying to get too far into an X's and O's discussion although that is my cup of tea.

Urban Meyer and Co. are going to have a ******* field day with this front 7 talent for the next couple years. With a decent secondary, you'd imagine it's going to be difficult for teams to move the ball on us for long drives. All that depth means fresh legs, which amounts to a consistent pass rush deep into games.

I'm much more concerned with the offensive development than I am the defense's success. For instance, will Brax settle down on his deep ball and not overthrow receivers as much? I'll admit a lot of sacks I feel like were coverage ones. Gotta keep reminding myself how undeveloped our WR corps was last year with the exception of Posey and in the latter part of the year.

So, who's our breakout player for 2012 for the Bucks?

Shazier already has made a name for himself with his explosiveness on the field as well as being a ******* heat seeking missle. We know what Bennett is capable of.

I'll say Steve Miller makes a name for himself this year.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Devin Smith, Corey Brown, and Jordan Hall are all candidates for breaking out. At least one or two of those guys are gonna have a monster year.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I thought this was funny. New sign at the woody hayes athletic center:

Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I thought this was funny. New sign at the woody hayes athletic center:

I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU has 31 in Communication, Family Resource Management (wtf?), and Sports & Leisure studies.

Michigan has 33 in General Studies, Sports Management, Sociology, and Sports Movement.

I'd say it's about a wash. Funny sign though.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

wtf is Sports Movement?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of those majors are jokes; that's a really stupid argument.

Trust me, as someone who has dealt with a few of them, the stereotype of dumb football players definitely holds true in college.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

General studies is hilarious. Way to get a useful degree.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

http://www.universities.com/edu/Bach...s_General.html

Quote:
Bachelor in Family Resource Management Studies, General

A general program that focuses on the design and implementation of policies and processes contributing to successful individual and family resource management. Includes instruction in financial goal-setting and strategies; household income, assets, and debt management; preventing and resolving financial difficulties; and the use of relevant public resources.
So basically they are getting a degree in a consumer ed class I was required to take as a sophomore in high school. Amazing.

I will note, however, that this topic in general is actually not a bad class to take, as it would probably prove to be pretty useful. But a degree in how to live and not spend all your money on dumb ****?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Civil Discussion

I can have civil discussions all day. But when you post crap like Dantonio's a b!tch and try to substantiate it with lies. Then when you get called out you try to make some poor excuse for a comeback about intellegence on the English language, on a message board of all places, because you're trying to avoid the fact that you have no backing for your post. Now you act like you're taking some high road with your latest comment (in case you all ready forgot read your quote again).
Your that annoying person that's to weak or lazy to come up with factual information to defend your argument so you try to get people to back you up with the, I didn't really care about that argument anyways crap. But anyone with a bit of common sense would understand that you and your statement was full of $hit and I successfully called BS on it. And you can't find any reasonable way to defend it.

Just don't make ignorant statements!

And the fact that I'm wasting my time on some hack is weird.

QUOTE=JoeJoe Brown; 2856507]I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.[/quote]

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-15-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Default RePost

I did but it must not have posted. Let me get some more time and I'll post again. Sorry about the corn field comment. Little Joey had me fired up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Sparty,

You never responded to me in the other thread. We should continue it here. Here was my response to you:
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

95% of the students in the General Studies program are athletes if that tells you anything and Dick Rod pushed all of his players to that degree even if they wanted to major in something else. Not sure how Brady Hoke is.

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

One of Jim 's many quotes.

Michigan is a good school and I got a good education there,” he said, “but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in and, when they’re in, they steer them to courses in sports communications. They’re adulated when they’re playing, but when they get out, the people who adulated them won’t hire them.”- Jim Harbaugh (San Francisco Examiner, May 4, 2007)

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I can have civil discussions all day.
No, you really can't. You belong on the ESPN boards or something.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I can have civil discussions all day. But when you post crap like Dantonio's a b!tch and try to substantiate it with lies. Then when you get called out you try to make some poor excuse for a comeback about intellegence on the English language, on a message board of all places, because you're trying to avoid the fact that you have no backing for your post. Now you act like you're taking some high road with your latest comment (in case you all ready forgot read your quote again).
Your that annoying person that's to weak or lazy to come up with factual information to defend your argument so you try to get people to back you up with the, I didn't really care about that argument anyways crap. But anyone with a bit of common sense would understand that you and your statement was full of $hit and I successfully called BS on it. And you can't find any reasonable way to defend it.

Just don't make ignorant statements!

And the fact that I'm wasting my time on some hack is weird.

QUOTE=JoeJoe Brown; 2856507]I agree. I was having fun with him, but it's getting weird now.
[/quote]

So I guess that you really aren't a troll, but instead you truly are a grade A moron.

Dantonio was being a ***** whining about Meyer. The word "*****" is debatable, but the impetus behind using it isn't; he cried like a baby when Meyer flipped Pittman back to OSU.

A commitment isn't a commitment until the player signs on the dotted line. You are debating the difference between "lean" and "verbal commitment". OSU lean vs MSU verbal commitment. In Pittman's own words, he was going to OSU until the Tressel crap hit the fan. To me, that's a commitment.

Regardless, if you had the capability of reading the posts I've made, they include FACTS about Dantonio pursuing kids verbally committed to other schools. Kyle Dodson being one of them. In January. You rationalized away another player, because it was in retaliation to Meyer flipping Pittman. Also, Mr. Jones.

However you want to rationalize it, go ahead. It's bad when Meyer does it, it's good when Dantonio does it.

I should take bear's advice and ignore you, but it's kinda fun to taunt the slow kid on the internet.

Even if no one wins.

What are the odds that Sparty comes back and says that is a portrait of me?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

- I'm really excited for the Michigan State/Boise State game to kickoff the season. I know Boise's probably not going to be as good as the past couple years, but I am a fan of Petersen and the work he's done with them.

- The Spartans are going to have a solid, but unspectacular year; somewhere around 8-4. A lot of questions on the offensive side of the ball at QB and WR. Andrew Maxwell played good in mp up duty, but can he play as well as the starter? And as alluded to earlier, if Arnett gets his waiver to play immediately, he's one of the starting WRs, alongside Bennie Fowler. I also expect one of the freshman wideouts to get a lot of playing time this season.

- Fortunately, the running game should be powerful, with Bell and Caper back, plus Nick Hill will probably get some more looks in the backfield. The offensive line should be stout again this year, with starting experience at all positions except left guard.

- The defense should be the best part of the Spartans this year, as the majority of the starters are back. Gholston and Rush should have good years coming off the defensive end positions. I expected Chris Norman to have a breakout year last year, with Greg Jones gone, but it never really happened. We'll see if he can become an impact player this year.

- As far as other teams go, I look forward to seeing how much Minnesota improves. I've always liked them, oddly, and would like to see them make some steps forward.

Also, I like Jordan Hall, I don't know why, but he's always been an interesting player to watch.

And any OSU fans know what ever happened to James Jackson? I know he transferred out to some smaller school, but I never really heard why. I figured it's because he realized he can't play football. >.>
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote