Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest weakness this show has are not just the women characters but the entire group of characters in general. No one is ******* likeable, and all of them are almost as dumb as the ******* zombies that try to kill them on a week to week basis. I take that back, because very rarely in this show do zombies have an impact on anything important or make that much of an appearance. Not having the action hurts I agree (it makes sex in the city look like Rambo with how much more useless melodramatic arguments we have) but as the writers (or **** tards) have stated the show is about the characters first and their survival. And I think thats a good thing to focus on, to bad the writers have proven they are incapable of pulling off anything close to the skills necessary to build that kind of a drama. It's almost comical to watch them try to make us care about the struggles they write into the show when most of the time they are just ticky tacky things that get blown up into full episode centric arguments on top of the fact that who cares about any of these characters to begin with. None of these people would be alive right now in real life, even in a world without zombies for that matter with how ******* stupid they all are. The best thing for this series to do is to get new writers, kill off this entire group of people and focus on another group surviving (or maybe just one person). I will keep watching for the entertainment I get from how terrible it is, I'll tone down the bitching a bit to more of just a fun way of making fun of plot holes and such but the thing that gets me are the people overlooking the rather mediocrity of the show and praising it for being great... or good for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
My wife and I were thinking the same thing. First, she goes to Darryl and says something along the lines of "Hey Darryl, some random chick is sick in the farm house, can you go tell Rick?" Two things popped into our heads. First, didn't you already tell Rick that somebody was sick. Isn't that why he went into town in the first place. Second, if it is so important, get off your lazy ass and do it yourself.

And then of course she does go down there and gets into a car crash. Seriously, how is that even possible? I can drive down the interstate at 80 MPH and send a text message while eating a cheeseburger without getting into a wreck. How in the hell does she get into a wreck when there isn't another driver on the road in the entire country? Freaking women drivers.

When they go back to the bar, they have dialogue where Rick tells Herschel that somebody is sick at the farmhouse, confirming my suspicions that Rick already knew. So there was absolutely no reason for her to drive into town. What a freaking moron!
Yes indeed what a moron, and it's not like this is the kind of thing that should surprise anyone. These ******* stupid people do **** like this every single episode and it's just mind boggingly insulting to anyone with a brain who watches the show. The writers are a bunch of **** tards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait for Shane to kill Rick's wife.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jvig is so angry about The Walking Dead. Why bother watching it if you dislike it so much? I don't watch a show like Witney because it is terribly bad just to make fun of it.

Last edited by Caddy : 02-13-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lori crashing was enjoyable. Not "Carl getting shot" hilarious, but still pretty funny.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Jvig is so angry about The Walking Dead. Why bother watching it if you dislike it so much? I don't watch a show like Witney because it is terribly bad just to make fun of it.
I love watching terrible things, I really do get a kick out of watching terrible movies, tv shows, syfy movies etc. I only get angry when people try to make it out like it's a good show.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured I had just misremembered why Rick was going to town but now everyone has confirmed my thinking why the **** did that ***** go? Like what good can she do?

Shame they started with Darabont and then continued on with these POS writers, a perfect person to run this show would of been Ronald D. Moore
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I love watching terrible things, I really do get a kick out of watching terrible movies, tv shows, syfy movies etc. I only get angry when people try to make it out like it's a good show.
Well I think it's a good show so you can go to hell! :D

Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I get annoyed that the only action happens in the first 5 or so minutes and last the 10. I was about to turn it off then finally those random dudes showed up to the bar. The whole farm thing is boring. I want them to move somewhere else.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Well I think it's a good show so you can go to hell! :D
Sorry it isn't tho. But I will say that the last scene was pretty good and did a nice job of creating some tension. Although I was a little confused why Rick said there was no room when his group was basically in the same position.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Sorry it isn't tho. But I will say that the last scene was pretty good and did a nice job of creating some tension. Although I was a little confused why Rick said there was no room when his group was basically in the same position.
I beg to differ. But it is what it is. You can dislike it, I can like it - the world goes on.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I beg to differ. But it is what it is. You can dislike it, I can like it - the world goes on.
Haha I just added that first part in to be a ***** caddy. You know that deep down, I <3 you and your sexy aussie accent.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha I just added that first part in to be a ***** caddy. You know that deep down, I <3 you and your sexy aussie accent.
Well they do say opposites attract!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heart Walking Dead

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was pretty clear to me. Rick was a cop and he can recognize someone who is up to no good when he sees them. It's obvious that Britt (FROM TERRIERS!!! <3) and his friend were either criminals or just bad people and he didn't want them near everyone else at the farm.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want them off the farm.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Britt (FROM TERRIERS!!! <3)
High five to the only other person I know that has seen Terriers!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
High five to the only other person I know that has seen Terriers!
I miss that show. When I noticed it was on Netflix I watched it all in a day. So awesome.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Hey I also enjoyed terriers and was pretty disappointed when FX cancelled it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Hey I also enjoyed terriers and was pretty disappointed when FX cancelled it.
Lies. Your cold, black heart probably hated it too!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That was pretty clear to me. Rick was a cop and he can recognize someone who is up to no good when he sees them. It's obvious that Britt (FROM TERRIERS!!! <3) and his friend were either criminals or just bad people and he didn't want them near everyone else at the farm.
I think when the big guy said he was looking for some booty that sealed the deal for Rick. He recognized that they would be trouble so that's why that whole thing went down the way it did.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I think when the big guy said he was looking for some booty that sealed the deal for Rick. He recognized that they would be trouble so that's why that whole thing went down the way it did.
That and just pissing on the floor.

I have to lean towards Jvig's call on this though. Season one was awesome, season two was ok but full of stupid decisions used solely to create a pretty weak story line / argument.

Now we're potentially looking at another season of farm house blues? No thanks. Especially if it's going to be along the lines of "Herschel goes bananas" as the driving force. This has the look of the rare show that I really like but midway through a season it gets deleted from the DVR "to do" list.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 02-16-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: none of your gawdamned business
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

We are still in season 2...

Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are still in season 2...
Yeah, my bad. Stupid half season nonsense.

Still, it remains to be seen whether Season 2 Part 2 will be deleted from my DVR list.

Also, FU for correcting me!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Yeah, my bad. Stupid half season nonsense.

Still, it remains to be seen whether Season 2 Part 2 will be deleted from my DVR list.

Also, FU for correcting me!
I like being an ass and correcting miniscule mistakes... so NEVER!

Also I'm fairly sure they leave the farm soon. I remember footage from one of the first promos and something happening in that footage was clearly not filmed on the farm.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I like being an ass and correcting miniscule mistakes... so NEVER!

Also I'm fairly sure they leave the farm soon. I remember footage from one of the first promos and something happening in that footage was clearly not filmed on the farm.
Yeah, but they're probably just going to town to have hang out at the bar or have sex in the drug store.