Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate proprietary boxes. My friend got an XPS desktop (or whatever the **** they call their high end gaming desktops) and wanted to upgrade to the i7 series from Core2. Well he was going to have to replace the motherboard...but the only mobo that fits in one of those boxes is one specifically made for that box. So he had to get a new box and pretty much lost the water cooling system he'd had on there.
Some would call this karma for being a lazy git with too much money though... Just saying.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Some would call this karma for being a lazy git with too much money though... Just saying.
Yeah, I warned him. He'd built his previous machine, so I don't know why he chose that route. Guess he just didn't feel like putting it together and wanted to give his old machine to a family member.

When he had to upgrade to the i# series, he listened. But then he had to buy a whole new box.

My machine is still a Core2, but it's in that area where it still checks out as good as a lot of the i# series. I'll have to graduate soon enough and am not looking forward to it all that much. Might try to get that done before ME3/D3 come out...
Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Finally got all my parts. I am assembling it after work today. I can't wait! I am pretty excited and nervous. This is my first full computer build. I've done a lot of tinkering before but never the whole thing.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Luck, but you don't need it! It's a very simple exercise, like adult Mechano meets Lego :)

Just remember to stay grounded and always touch the case before any parts just to discharge any static you might have built up :)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything went together... I tried firing it up and nothing. After about 1-2 hours of troubleshooting I got her to boot! It was a very stressful situation.

I did make a rookie mistake and got Windows 7 Home Premium which only recognizes 8gb RAM... Got an anytime upgrade and will be getting Ultimate this afternoon.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just as an update I got Ultimate and still only showed 8gb. So I reseated the RAM an voila. I am a happy camper!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have 1GB of RAM on my laptop. I'm sure ya'll didn't even think these things existed anymore.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Macbook (shut up)...if I use a program like Wine, can I run pretty much any PC game on it?

And, if so, does that mean I can run mods with it as well?
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I KNOW THERE ARE NERDS ON HERE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH THIS, SO WHAT THE ****, GUYS. sdfs
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I KNOW THERE ARE NERDS ON HERE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH THIS, SO WHAT THE ****, GUYS. sdfs
Nobody else who posts in here is silly enough to buy a Mac. Ergo, no answers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Nobody else who posts in here is silly enough to buy a Mac. Ergo, no answers!
I didn't buy it, fucknut.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I didn't buy it, fucknut.
Fine, steal. WHATEVER!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Let's say I received it in a trade.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever you traded>Mac
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Whatever you traded>Mac
Ok this made me laugh pretty hard. You have earned your rep for the day.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

GOD DAMN IT ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU CUNTRAGS sdfsdf
Old 02-13-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just dual boot ya ****...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Just dual boot ya ****...
Done, so recommend some good games, you tramps.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what flavor do you like
Shooters, action-RPGs, some RTS (first game I downloaded was Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds...basically AoE with a SW mod).
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
half-life. all of them. warcraft 2. original diablo (2 is terrible and i don't care what anyone says). i play lots of old games. thief: tdp. original deus ex. team fortress (free on steam, woot).
I'll 2nd that for sure, can't beat free and fun
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Civ 5, Morrowind
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morrowind was terrible I don't care what any of you say. The entire Civ series is over rated too.

Anything by valve wins though.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So keeping in mind that I haven't really been into hardcore fps gaming since 2004-05ish, I'm so rattled that CAL doesn't even exist any more. Just destroying cal-o in CS and DoD back in high school was so legit. It also makes me hate the **** out of the fact that dedicated servers are probably going to die out soon because neither CS or DoD would have been as awesome if they didn't have dedicated servers.

I also think its hilarious how much I hated STEAM at first when CS and DoD (migrated?) to it. The changes they made to the maps in DoD when it switched over made me angrier than I think I've ever been in my life to be entirely honest...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
So keeping in mind that I haven't really been into hardcore fps gaming since 2004-05ish, I'm so rattled that CAL doesn't even exist any more. Just destroying cal-o in CS and DoD back in high school was so legit. It also makes me hate the **** out of the fact that dedicated servers are probably going to die out soon because neither CS or DoD would have been as awesome if they didn't have dedicated servers.

I also think its hilarious how much I hated STEAM at first when CS and DoD (migrated?) to it. The changes they made to the maps in DoD when it switched over made me angrier than I think I've ever been in my life to be entirely honest...
Life was rough when Steam first came out, that's for sure. But man it's awesome now. Also, it is weird that there is no more CAL. Obviously, other leagues formed, but it's still weird.

CS is only sort of dying as a competitive game because little **** ass games like CoD have become so popular.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
CS is only sort of dying as a competitive game because little **** ass games like CoD have become so popular.
As far as I am concerned for the games I play/have played CS is by far and away the most widely hacked game out there by a large margin which isn't shocking because a simple google search will lead you to countless forums that update constantly undetectable hacks