Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well I don't think anyone is hoping that we don't get some kind of help there, so I'm not sure why you're preaching that.

That said, Ratliff will never completely stop playing NT. At least that's my realistic take on the situation. I'm sure Rob will mix up the looks plenty to confuse offenses. Having a true NT will be great, no doubt, but if you're expecting a full time switch for Ratliff, then I think you're fooling yourself.
Well in passing situations I don't give a hoot where Ratliff plays, but we need a mammoth NT for the base 3-4. If we don't get one we will continue to have the same problems year in and year out.

Why do we always shut the run down early in games and early on in the season? Because ratliff can handle it through the first half and throught week 10 or so. Come the 4th quarter and december, we averaged giving up 4.4 a clip. compared to around 3.1 before that. That's terrible. They need to stop ignoring it.

Especially if lee and carter are going to be your starters at ILB. They are both average sized with speed. That is why I have hope. At the senior bowl jerry said "if we change up a few things hopefully lee and carter can be like what they have in san francisco."

The only logical thing would be getting a huge NT. We'll see.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
You know what, this post just gave me a revelation.

It isn't Anthony Spencer at all. He's fine. Re-sign him. It's the down 3 that's the problem. Just look at the other 3-4 defense around the league. Do any of them have both OLB's getting 12+ sacks? the answer is no.

Look no further than the 49ers. They had aldon smith on one side get 14, and Ahmad Brooks on the other side get 7. On our team, demarcus got 19.5 and spencer got 6. Yet there pass rush was not a problem at all. You know why? Because they had a big NT and Justin Smith at DE. That is our problem. Sure it's great if you can get two demarcus ware's getting 15 plus sacks, but that just doesn't happen.

So Demarcus had 5 more sacks than aldon smith, and spencer and ahmad brooks were basically equal. Also, Spencer had 4 forced fumbles (one which won the redskins game) and Brooks only had 1. Spencer also had more QB hurries. So what's the problem...? The problem is the down 3.

Wow. I've shocked no one have ever brought this up before. Look at all the other 3-4 OLB's and look at the 2nd best pass rushers production.. they are all in the 5-8 sack range.

Re-sign spencer everybody, he ain't the problem.
Couldn't of said it any better....Boys need a injection of talent on that side of the ball. Spencer has done a pretty good job...could we use an upgrade? Sure...but I think we get some help on DL and in the secondary...and we'll start to see a defense play much better.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Ellis of DallasCowboys.com just tweeted this:

Quote:
I spoke to Anthony Spencer about his little situation today... you can check that out later on http://DallasCowboys.com. Or, hey, do whatever.
Hopefully there is something good.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Couldn't of said it any better....Boys need a injection of talent on that side of the ball. Spencer has done a pretty good job...could we use an upgrade? Sure...but I think we get some help on DL and in the secondary...and we'll start to see a defense play much better.
Yeah, but using the Franchise tag on Spencer mostly means staying status quo versus using that money in the secondary and DL in FA to improve (unless you're relying on rookies to come to the rescue). We say we want help at the interior OL, along the DL, at ILB, in the secondary... but hey, we also have to realize that our resources are limited. Half the cap is gone the moment you franchise Spencer.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but using the Franchise tag on Spencer mostly means staying status quo versus using that money in the secondary and DL in FA to improve (unless you're relying on rookies to come to the rescue). We say we want help at the interior OL, along the DL, at ILB, in the secondary... but hey, we also have to realize that our resources are limited. Half the cap is gone the moment you franchise Spencer.
Well yea....The premise of my post was based on the info that "leaked" regarding Spencer being tagged. I think if he'd agree to a decent contract, I'd be open to resigning him for another 3-5 years.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Spencer debate is a good one and a tough one. I just feel he's very inconsistent. When you're not facing nearly the double teams that Ware does and always playing against the 2nd best tackle on the team, he should have more production IMO. He led the team in QB pressures what was that like 2-3 years ago and was on the cusp of greatness and then POOF he turns into JAG. I ONLY sign him if it's a 3 year deal at a reasonable amount. Paying $9mi out of our $20mi cap on this guy would be a terrible mistake. Especially when we need to shell out some cash to pay Robinson, get help in the secondary and the interior line. YES, some of that can be accomplished in the draft, but you also want to sure up those holes with some vets too.

Hey D, I haven't heard you mention D'qwell Jackson's name lately. Are you still high on grabbing him in FA?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
The Spencer debate is a good one and a tough one. I just feel he's very inconsistent. When you're not facing nearly the double teams that Ware does and always playing against the 2nd best tackle on the team, he should have more production IMO. He led the team in QB pressures what was that like 2-3 years ago and was on the cusp of greatness and then POOF he turns into JAG. I ONLY sign him if it's a 3 year deal at a reasonable amount. Paying $9mi out of our $20mi cap on this guy would be a terrible mistake. Especially when we need to shell out some cash to pay Robinson, get help in the secondary and the interior line. YES, some of that can be accomplished in the draft, but you also want to sure up those holes with some vets too.

Hey D, I haven't heard you mention D'qwell Jackson's name lately. Are you still high on grabbing him in FA?
Yeah, I hope we can get D'Qwell but I read that he wanted to stay in Cleveland so that dropped my hopes. :(
Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say that D got me thinking about Hillis a little bit. I think he'd come cheap and I'd be okay with axing Felix if we were able to get someone like James in the mid rounds.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have to say that D got me thinking about Hillis a little bit. I think he'd come cheap and I'd be okay with axing Felix if we were able to get someone like James in the mid rounds.
I would love for that to happen with our running backs, but it won't happen. We don't build on strengths and they love Murray. The apocalypse would happen before we picked up Hillis AND James.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I would love for that to happen with our running backs, but it won't happen. We don't build on strengths and they love Murray. The apocalypse would happen before we picked up Hillis AND James.
That is true... but the point of mocks is to show possibility. 100% of every mock offseason made in the world every year is wrong in some form or fashion.

I know they love Murray... and rightfully so, as he surpassed Felix on the depth chart. But I doubt they want to be in Week 16 next year looking for Maurice Morris' phone number again. RB depth is critical and the league hasn't been unkind to RBs who get hurt a lot. I hope we cover our asses.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I really haven't noticed anyone talking about our back-up QB situation. We've had a good luxury the last few seasons with Kitna as our back-up. Now were left with McGee. At this point I'd say I'm 65% okay with that plan. However, I'd be more than happy if we went out and secured a veteran QB as our back-up. And I'd be happy if we drafted our future QB in the middle rounds as well. Here's an interesting name to throw out there. Dennis Dixon. I feel he hasn't been given his fair shot in Pittsburgh to be their back-up. He's someone that could develop into a starter. Thoughts?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

I don't think anyones talked about it because well....It's going to be Kyle Orton. I hope.

And they've got to look towards the future and draft a QB in the middle rounds. Have to...but then I have to question the front office a bit there. A 4th round pick for McGee...who has a deer in headlights look anytime he has to throw the ball.

Kitna was a good pick up and played well.

But again, same front office that thought Brad Johnson gave them a chance to win if Tony went down.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eady-to-spend/

Sounds like were ready to spend some cash. Hopefully just wisely
Old 02-16-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I really haven't noticed anyone talking about our back-up QB situation. We've had a good luxury the last few seasons with Kitna as our back-up. Now were left with McGee. At this point I'd say I'm 65% okay with that plan. However, I'd be more than happy if we went out and secured a veteran QB as our back-up. And I'd be happy if we drafted our future QB in the middle rounds as well. Here's an interesting name to throw out there. Dennis Dixon. I feel he hasn't been given his fair shot in Pittsburgh to be their back-up. He's someone that could develop into a starter. Thoughts?
I would like David Carr. I'd even try to get Matt Leinart for cheap.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eady-to-spend/

Sounds like were ready to spend some cash. Hopefully just wisely
This actually scares me because Jerry hardly ever uses his money wisely.

Who was the last FA we signed that actually had a really great impact for us?

La'Roi Glover?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Glover.

Leonard Davis was fantastic for us at one point, Colombo gave us a bunch of really good years, T.O. was a dick but beasted for two years.

I honestly dont even know what's available this year, I havent paid too much attention to it, actually. Been slacking off. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I loved Glover.

Leonard Davis was fantastic for us at one point, Colombo gave us a bunch of really good years, T.O. was a dick but beasted for two years.

I honestly dont even know what's available this year, I havent paid too much attention to it, actually. Been slacking off. haha.
Didn't we trade for Davis? Can't remember. Colombo was a cheapy, but yeah TO was probably one of the latest big signings that worked.

Welcome back old timer.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Didn't we trade for Davis? Can't remember. Colombo was a cheapy, but yeah TO was probably one of the latest big signings that worked.

Welcome back old timer.
Davis was a FA pick-up. I think we gave him like 6-7 year deal.

It's going to cost the Texans $23mi to franchise Mario Williams. I highly doubt they will franchise him at that hit to the cap for this year. Especially considering the fact that they need to resign Foster. If I were them I'd franchise Foster.

Having said that, what's it going to take to sign Mario? Last year Charles Johnson got a 6yr $72mi deal with $30mi guaranteed. I can only imagine Mario will command more than that. Say it's 6yr $90 with $35mi guaranteed. How much would actually go against the cap in '12?

If we were to land Mario, we may still have some cap to get Robinson in and just give Elam a one year deal while we develop a younger S from the draft. In this scenario here's how I'd draft our first three rounds.

1. DeCastro
2. Boykin
3. Crick
4. James

Last edited by leroyisgod : 02-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Davis was a FA pick-up. I think we gave him like 6-7 year deal.

It's going to cost the Texans $23mi to franchise Mario Williams. I highly doubt they will franchise him at that hit to the cap for this year. Especially considering the fact that they need to resign Foster. If I were them I'd franchise Foster.

Having said that, what's it going to take to sign Mario? Last year Charles Johnson got a 6yr $72mi deal with $30mi guaranteed. I can only imagine Mario will command more than that. Say it's 6yr $90 with $35mi guaranteed. How much would actually go against the cap in '12?

If we were to land Mario, we may still have some cap to get Robinson in and just give Elam a one year deal while we develop a younger S from the draft. In this scenario here's how I'd draft our first three rounds.

1. DeCastro
2. Boykin
3. Crick
4. James
No way we can only address CB with Boykin in the 2nd.

Mario Williams said he didn't need to be the highest paid defensive player today in an interview. Said he already got all the money he needed being the 1st pick in the draft and now just wants to go to a situation where he feels comfortable.

If he doesn't get franchised, i'd do it. Screw it. If we break the bank on him we would probably have enough money to get one other solid free agent. Get the best guard or corner you can get with the left over money, and fill the rest of your team (or what you can) in the draft.

Say we got Mario and Terrell Thomas. Draft DeCastro at 14 and that takes out our 3 biggest needs with VERY good players. Not just solid upgrades, but studs. Assuming Thomas is healthy of course, but he got hurt in August so i'm sure he's fine. If DeCastro isn't there trade down and draft Zeitler or Konz.

Our top 3 needs (CB, pass rusher, interior OL) are filled with quality players and we now have the entire rest of the draft for the most part to pick relative BPA.

As for the Laurent Robinson talk, it needs to stop. At this point, it's stupid. We don't have 5-6 mill a year to spend on a #3 WR with the needs on this team and our cap space. If we had 40 mill instead of 20, then sure. But we don't. With Miles, Dez, and Witten, any #3 would be fine. Ogletree is just pathetic and lazy. Pick up a veteran who gets cut in training camp or draft a guy like Ryan Broyles in the 4th. I like Robinson, but people need to let it go. Find another Laurent Robinson. Guy with some skill who just got unlucky in a numbers game and got cut. Sign him to a vet minimum deal. Pretty simple.

If he takes a discount to stay, then cool, but he isn't. He may do nothing next year. I don't think he'll be terrible because he is pretty good and he gets it, but you never know. This is his chance to get a solid contract and be set for the rest of his life. If a WR starved team offers him a good contract, say congrats and let him go.

EDIT: I know i'm a hypocrite about Mario Williams because I just said Spencer is not the problem, but Mario Williams is another breed of animal.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 02-16-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No way we can only address CB with Boykin in the 2nd.

Mario Williams said he didn't need to be the highest paid defensive player today in an interview. Said he already got all the money he needed being the 1st pick in the draft and now just wants to go to a situation where he feels comfortable.

If he doesn't get franchised, i'd do it. Screw it. If we break the bank on him we would probably have enough money to get one other solid free agent. Get the best guard or corner you can get with the left over money, and fill the rest of your team (or what you can) in the draft.

Say we got Mario and Terrell Thomas. Draft DeCastro at 14 and that takes out our 3 biggest needs with VERY good players. Not just solid upgrades, but studs. Assuming Thomas is healthy of course, but he got hurt in August so i'm sure he's fine. If DeCastro isn't there trade down and draft Zeitler or Konz.

Our top 3 needs (CB, pass rusher, interior OL) are filled with quality players and we now have the entire rest of the draft for the most part to pick relative BPA.

As for the Laurent Robinson talk, it needs to stop. At this point, it's stupid. We don't have 5-6 mill a year to spend on a #3 WR with the needs on this team and our cap space. If we had 40 mill instead of 20, then sure. But we don't. With Miles, Dez, and Witten, any #3 would be fine. Ogletree is just pathetic and lazy. Pick up a veteran who gets cut in training camp or draft a guy like Ryan Broyles in the 4th. I like Robinson, but people need to let it go. Find another Laurent Robinson. Guy with some skill who just got unlucky in a numbers game and got cut. Sign him to a vet minimum deal. Pretty simple.

If he takes a discount to stay, then cool, but he isn't. He may do nothing next year. I don't think he'll be terrible because he is pretty good and he gets it, but you never know. This is his chance to get a solid contract and be set for the rest of his life. If a WR starved team offers him a good contract, say congrats and let him go.

EDIT: I know i'm a hypocrite about Mario Williams because I just said Spencer is not the problem, but Mario Williams is another breed of animal.
I highly disagree on Robinson. We have no other legit replacements for our 3rd WR spot and our top 2 WR's have been injury prone. Let's remember this is a passing league, if you don't have at least 3 legit WR's you're out of luck. And let's remember that Witten isn't getting any younger. He's going to slowly turn into not as big of a threat as he used to. Simply put, if we lose Robinson it will hurt unless we go replace him with someone not on our roster.

Maybe we were lucky with Robinson, but man you cannot just go pluck someone with his level of production last year off of a damn tree. I seriously think you're blind if you feel we can just let him go.

Last edited by leroyisgod : 02-17-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right guys. Hop on board the Mario Williams train. I'm telling you, it's the best move you guys can make.

Overspending for average talent in need positions won't solve anything. Paying for legit talent is worth it.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I highly disagree on Robinson. We have no other legit replacements for our 3rd WR spot and our top 2 WR's have been injury prone. Let's remember this is a passing league, if you don't have at least 3 legit WR's you're out of luck. And let's remember that Witten isn't getting any younger. He's going to slowly turn into not as big of a threat as he used to. Simply put, if we lose Robinson it will hurt unless we go replace him with someone not on our roster.

Maybe we were lucky with Robinson, but man you cannot just go pluck someone with his level of production last year off of a damn tree. I seriously think you're blind if you feel we can just let him go.
Romo will make it work. He's had a revolving door at his 3rd WR every year and he's made it work. You don't need to pay a 3rd WR that much money when you have other areas of concern.

He's a franchise qb, he doesn't need a stud at every position on offense.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jason Hatcher speaks the truth...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ys-leaders-are

Who are the leaders on the Dallas Cowboys?

"Dude. I gotta be honest with you: That's a good question. That's a good question. I really don't know. It's just another thing we really need ... like the Ravens, we don't have that. We've got the talent. We've got everything we need. I think we get like a Ray Lewis, like, everybody buy into him. When Ray Lewis speaks, everybody listens to him. A guy like that. We really don't got that. I think we definitely need somebody like that."
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's right guys. Hop on board the Mario Williams train. I'm telling you, it's the best move you guys can make.

Overspending for average talent in need positions won't solve anything. Paying for legit talent is worth it.
Thank you BBD. The average players we've signed throughout the past 5 years (Ayodele, Zach Thomas, Sensabaugh, Elam, Coleman, Brooking, etc.) have gotten us nowhere. We need more store power. I understand you can't have a pro-bowler at every position, but this defense has too many JAGs. We need explosive playmakers. Eli picks us apart because he knows exactly what we are going to do and we can't change it because we are limited athletically. We are not dynamic at all. I don't care about Rob Ryan's garbage "exotic schemes" (which are bogus anyway, you line up and the better team wins) if you have nobody to execute.

As for your post on Romo, completely agree. Get a little better interior OL play and the offense is fine. It's already good enough, and we haven't even had a full season of DeMarco Murray. Laurent Robinson was a great luxury this year, but he's not worth it. He earned himself a nice contract from a team who will overpay for a WR. Good for him. See ya. DeMarco Murray and the running game will fill that hole just fine.

D-Unit, I think Sean Lee with take that roll over hopefully. Not every team has a Ray Lewis, and the Ravens haven't won a super bowl or even been to one in 12 years. I don't call it a super bowl champion pre-requisite.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 02-17-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Thank you BBD. The average players we've signed throughout the past 5 years (Ayodele, Zach Thomas, Sensabaugh, Elam, Coleman, Brooking, etc.) have gotten us nowhere. We need more store power. I understand you can't have a pro-bowler at every position, but this defense has too many JAGs. We need explosive playmakers. Eli picks us apart because he knows exactly what we are going to do and we can't change it because we are limited athletically. We are not dynamic at all. I don't care about Rob Ryan's garbage "exotic schemes" (which are bogus anyway, you line up and the better team wins) if you have nobody to execute.

As for your post on Romo, completely agree. Get a little better interior OL play and the offense is fine. It's already good enough, and we haven't even had a full season of DeMarco Murray. Laurent Robinson was a great luxury this year, but he's not worth it. He earned himself a nice contract from a team who will overpay for a WR. Good for him. See ya. DeMarco Murray and the running game will fill that hole just fine.

D-Unit, I think Sean Lee with take that roll over hopefully. Not every team has a Ray Lewis, and the Ravens haven't won a super bowl or even been to one in 12 years. I don't call it a super bowl champion pre-requisite.
He might not even need the oline to be honest. I think the offense is fine. The days of having a dominant 90s Cowboys type oline are over, that doesn't happen anymore in the FA era.

Look at it this way: Was there an issue in the pass game? No. The Cowboys can fling it with the best of em. Was there an issue in the run game? No, when Murray was healthy, the Cowboys can run it with the best of em.

So the pass game is fine, and the run game is fine. What's the problem? The offense is fine. I would get DeCastro bc he's BPA, and I think having an interior guy is probably going to be important moving forward in the East with the way the East is developing it's dlines (remember how we all stockpiled WRs a couple of years ago? That's happening with dline now, the results will show in a year or 2).