Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Not for me.
Yeah, I'm not ready to commit to that either. There is a lot of fun in the chase to the top. Sometimes more than even being on the top. This league is a minor league emphasis league. Of course there is going to be expected longevity to see these guys develop before you start over.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I win this league again this season and we don't re-draft, I'm probably leaving.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
If I win this league again this season and we don't re-draft, I'm probably leaving.
Because there are so much better AL leagues on this board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok. Let's say that keepers must be declared by March 7th (11 total, maximum 8 major leaguers) and we'll start the draft on March 10th. Good?

Is there anyone not planning on coming back? Charm is the only wild card, but he said he wanted to not that long ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the money awarded to each team (I'll update it as I go along):

BF51 ($49)
1) Jonathan Papelbon ($19)
2) Juan Pierre ($20)- Woot
3) Frank Francisco ($10)- Double woot

djp ($2)
1) Erik Bedard ($2)

D-Unit ($2)
1) Jed Lowrie ($1)
2) Corey Patterson ($1)

Xio ($14)
1) Jim Thome ($11)- not bad
2) Melky Cabrera ($3)

marshall ($34)
1) Michael Cuddyer ($11)
2) Carlos Quentin ($19)
3) Jeremy Guthrie ($4)

GF1080 ($12)
1) Orlando Cabrera ($4)
2) David DeJesus ($6)
3) Mark Buehrle ($2)- OUCH

yo123 ($19)
1) Jason Kubel ($8)
2) Gio Gonzalez ($11)

Charm ($12)
1) Trevor Cahill ($12)

If you see anyone on your current roster I missed, let me know.

Dollar amounts come from this list.

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/flbdra...t_sht_AL_xx x

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That leaves everyone with the following amounts:

1) BF51- $147
2) D-Unit- $44
3) marshalllb- $34
4) DJP- $104
5) yo123- $154
6) Charm City- $117
7) Xiomera- $99
8) Giantsfan- $108

Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

In case anyone's too lazy to look at the standings from last year, here's the draft order:

1) D-Unit
2) djp
3) charm
4) yo123
5) bf51
6) giantsfan 1080
7) marshallb
8) xio

Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My team was better off with 12 keepers as I have a lot of depth, but no stars. David Price, Desmond Jennings, and Elvis Andrus are the only sure things.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-17-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh I forgot I had V-Mart in this league. That seriously sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for all the hard work BF!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I wanna see if D has the swag to keep Adam Dunn or not.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I wanna see if D has the swag to keep Adam Dunn or not.
Not when I get to add Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder.

Pretty sure this will be my 8 major leaguers:

1) Joe Mauer
2) Ian Kinsler
3) Kevin Youkilis
4) Curtis Granderson
5) CC Sabathia
6) Jeremy Hellickson
7) Brandon Morrow
8) Colby Lewis
Old 02-17-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's a good group. I really don't understand how your team sucked so much last year other than Mauer sucking.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's a good group. I really don't understand how your team sucked so much last year other than Mauer sucking.
Mauer and.... ADAM DUNNNNNNNNN.....

That's - 600 points at least, just right there.

...and that group is just "ok" if you look carefully.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want money back for losing Brad Penny to Japan.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My probable keepers:

1. Jose Bautista
2. Mark Teixeira
3. Justin Verlander
4. Jose Valverde
5. Jered Weaver
6. Edwin Jackson
7. Mariano Rivera
8. Derek Jeter / Nick Swisher / Nick Markakis
Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm interested in making a trade because it looks like of my keepers, 4 of them are Rays and 3 of them are Rangers. That's way too team-heavy.

And I made the money change Xio, no complaining when you get 11 bucks for Jim Thome.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My likely keepers are:

1. David Price
2. Elvis Andrus
3. Desmond Jennings
4. B.J. Upton
5. Nelson Cruz
6. Shin-Soo Choo
7. Neftali Feliz
8. James Shields

Not entirely sure because my 4-10 guys are largely interchangeable, but I think these are 8 strongest keepers.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
My probable keepers:

1. Jose Bautista
2. Mark Teixeira
3. Justin Verlander
4. Jose Valverde
5. Jered Weaver
6. Edwin Jackson
7. Mariano Rivera
Man your talent falls off fast....

Old 02-18-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Edwin Jackson is in the NL now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think he meant Ervin Santana, since Edwin Jackson isn't even on his team.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think he meant Ervin Santana, since Edwin Jackson isn't even on his team.
That makes sense then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Man your talent falls off fast....
Hahahaha, no one noticed I accidentally wrote Edwin Jackson (who is in the NL) instead of Ervin Santana?

Hahahaha

Whoops.

For serious now ...
1. Jose Bautista
2. Mark Teixeira
3. Justin Verlander
4. Jose Valverde
5. Jered Weaver
6. Ervin Santana
7. Mariano Rivera
Old 02-18-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Does my talent really fall off, BF? I mean, I did win the league by huge margins both years ... I've got arguably the two best starters and two best closers in the American League, plus Bautista (HR king?) and Teixeira.

You can laugh at me having Derek Jeter on there, but position scarcity makes him valuable still. The AL is light on shortstops.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Does my talent really fall off, BF? I mean, I did win the league by huge margins both years ... I've got arguably the two best starters and two best closers in the American League, plus Bautista (HR king?) and Teixeira.

You can laugh at me having Derek Jeter on there, but position scarcity makes him valuable still. The AL is light on shortstops.
Don't worry Xio, your ego is still over the top.