Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Randy again, eh?
He knows the system.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He knows the system.
He has chemistry with Tom.

Yeah, we could go on like this, no doubt. The problem is that Randy is done. He didn't find a home last year and that's pretty telling.

Still, I would not object, as long as it's not Randy and nobody else this offseason.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehhhh I think the problem was he was selective. He stated he would only play for a handful of teams and there were even stories out saying the Pats offered him a one year deal last year but he wanted at least two. Either way bring him in for training camp and see what he has and if he works in the offense with Brady and if not cut him loose. He can't be any worse or more expensive than Ocho was, in fact this would have been a much better pickup than Ocho was last season to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...will-be-tagged

Personally, I'm all for franchising Welker. To damn bad if he wants to be paid a ridiculous amount of money like top WRs, top WRs make clutch catches when it matters (maybe I'm being an angry pats fan here but it's hard not to be).

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are being an angry pats fan. ;)

With that said, I don't think Welker is deserving of a deal in line with the top WRs in the game. While I think calling him a "system WR" is bulldung, he's also not a stud WR like Calvin or Larry, and does not warrant that type of money.

He disappeared down the stretch b/c clogging the middle limits his effectiveness. I have yet to see anything limit the effectiveness of those true studs. That's saying something, as they've both had some turrble QB play in their careers.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
You are being an angry pats fan. ;)

With that said, I don't think Welker is deserving of a deal in line with the top WRs in the game. While I think calling him a "system WR" is bulldung, he's also not a stud WR like Calvin or Larry, and does not warrant that type of money.

He disappeared down the stretch b/c clogging the middle limits his effectiveness. I have yet to see anything limit the effectiveness of those true studs. That's saying something, as they've both had some turrble QB play in their careers.
And make difficult catches in big games when it's needed. Ok now I know I'm just a bitter fan.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if you guys saw Sportscenter this morning but Shefter was on and they were talking about free agent wide receivers and they got into the restricted free agents and started talking about Mike Wallace and he made an interesting point. You can't poison pill anyone anymore but he basically said that instead of paying a signing bonus at the end of the contract, pay him in the form of a roster bonus and that would count towards this years cap. So if you guys were to sign Wallace to an offer sheet and pay him in the form of a roster bonus of like $20-25 million (Shefter's numbers) and with Pittsburgh being over the cap, they'd either have to let him go or cut multiple players in order to sign him back. He was mentioning teams like Baltimore, Cincinnati and San Francisco as candidates for this but I think you guys would be #1. Thoughts?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Don't know if you guys saw Sportscenter this morning but Shefter was on and they were talking about free agent wide receivers and they got into the restricted free agents and started talking about Mike Wallace and he made an interesting point. You can't poison pill anyone anymore but he basically said that instead of paying a signing bonus at the end of the contract, pay him in the form of a roster bonus and that would count towards this years cap. So if you guys were to sign Wallace to an offer sheet and pay him in the form of a roster bonus of like $20-25 million (Shefter's numbers) and with Pittsburgh being over the cap, they'd either have to let him go or cut multiple players in order to sign him back. He was mentioning teams like Baltimore, Cincinnati and San Francisco as candidates for this but I think you guys would be #1. Thoughts?

I've been saying this for weeks. If PIT doesn't tag wallace, cleveland, cinci or NE will be there to swoop in since PIT is so cap-******.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I've been saying this for weeks. If PIT doesn't tag wallace, cleveland, cinci or NE will be there to swoop in since PIT is so cap-******.
Weeks, psshhh I've said it for months:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Just was wandering around the interwebs and I picked up on the nugget that the Steelers have $141.4 million obligated towards 39 players for the 2012 season. Of course this offseason Mr. Mike Wallace becomes a RFA. He'll no doubt get a top tender, but there is a strong possibility that if a team were to sign him to a solid offer the Steelers would be unable to match it.

Wallace represents a perfect fit for the Patriots needs, someone who can go vertical and draw safety help away from the middle of the field. This would effectively eliminate the viability of the press man coverage that teams have been playing so often against the Patriots recently. Since we've pretty much all discussed getting a receiver in round 1, wouldn't it make sense to spend a 1st and a 3rd on a top 5 receiver like Wallace?

It would be expensive to get Welker and Wallace under contract, but for the moment the Pats don't have too many huge obligations, and they have a lot of dead money from bad contracts coming off the books soon. This could get the offense running on 2007 levels again and would still leave plenty of picks to use towards the defense.

It's definitely worth kicking in the tires for.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I would ******* love to get Wallace on this offense. Moss would be awesome as well. Wallace, Moss, Welker, the TEa party. So awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I might pick Wallace over Welker at this point. Age is a huge thing and we have Welker-Light on the roster.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-17-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

M.Wallace seems awesome and I'm all for it but I just don't see BB going after him.
He loves his draft picks more than he loves his kids

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
M.Wallace seems awesome and I'm all for it but I just don't see BB going after him.
He has used draft picks in trades for WRs alot in the past. Welker, Moss, Ocho.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
The Steelers have the worst cap situation of anyone. They won't be able to tag him.

Though, they could do some significant cutting to make space...

also: An average rookie class cost 5 million or so in cap space. So they will need that room too.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...s-mike-wallace

How farther under the cap can we get with some expected/realistic cuts?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Cutting Light saves about 4 mil I believe. Almost enough for our rookie class lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cutting Light saves about 4 mil I believe. Almost enough for our rookie class lol.
I wouldnt cut Light unless it led to getting a Wallace, which is very intruiging. Not interested in Randy Moss at his age. Just cause his name is Randy Moss doesnt mean he's still good.

As for Welker sure he isnt in the top tier of WRs and should make slightly less money but i want him back. We'll have to check with Mrs. Brady to see if they're interested in that.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just lost our TE coach Brian Ferentz to Iowa... ****. I hate always losing our position coaches. They should agree to work here for at least five years before accepting another position for another organization. Modern slavery ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

According to this site we're going to have 40 mil in cap space to spend.
http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to this site we're going to have 40 mil in cap space to spend.
http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/
Yeah... That's not right. The Steelers and the Raiders are both over $140 mil. in committed money towards 2012. The Patriots are just over $100 mill. Now, we do have around $6.5 mil from last year that we can transfer to 2012 but I don't know if we've done that. But my guess is that we have.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Yeah maybe they are assuming cuts or something. With the carry over we'll be about 30-32 mil i think.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think of seeing into Laron Landry. Former Saban disciple at LSU. Seems injured often but shows talent otherwise.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
What do you guys think of seeing into Laron Landry. Former Saban disciple at LSU. Seems injured often but shows talent otherwise.
Eh never lived up to the hype, a year ago Desean made him his *****, didn't look very disciplined any of the times I've watched him. Then again anything is an upgrade at safety for us at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I think Landry has loads of upside still and plenty ability, but he's just constantly injured. I'd much rather have Michael Griffin and even overpay to get him.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Landry, he can play that Harrison role back there and knock people's jocks off. Now all we need is to get Seymour back and get someone on the outside that can scare the QB.

Anyone heard from EE. After the last game he seemed pretty down in the dumps, as we all were. Hope he hasnt done anything rash.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote