Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's the worst?
Baltimore Ravens 5 9.62%
Cincinnati Bengals 7 13.46%
Cleveland Browns 5 9.62%
Pittsburgh Steelers 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Most Annoying Fanbase: AFC North Version

This one should be a great matchup too, so far this is holding up pretty good with over 50 votes in every poll so I'll keep it rolling until people lose interest or we determine the 'winner'.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As i said in the worst fans thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
In being a transplant in Pittsburgh I can tell you they are unequivocally the most ignorant, band wagoning idiots I have met in my life time.

Now this is not all Steelers fans (I met some knowledgeable ones) but the collective whole of "Steeler Nation"
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

APS is a Ravens fan. Do with this what you will. :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a steeler fan, i hate steeler fans
Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steeler fans have some of the best, but some of the worst fans of all time. They annoy me quite a bit. Always bitching about something, bandwagon, ignorant, assholes. But there are a lot of great fans out there.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends what Steelers fans you run into. I think Bengals fans are the most annoying because they win and don't ever support their team, then say WHO DEY!!!

Then they lose and they disappear even more.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never known many (any?) Ravens fans. I don't know a lot of Steelers fans...a few of the ones I know are great, but a lot are real d-bags.

The fans I've been exposed to the most are Bengals fans. I lived in a scholarship house at OSU, so because of that I've known more Bengals fans than Browns fans. They all talk a disproportionate amount of trash for how bad their team has been. Any hints of success brings out the worst in them. The Who Dey thing is ridiculous. It was time to retire that in 1981.

The Browns fans I know personally are all great. But the ones that I know are out there, the ones on Browns-focused websites, are all bottom-of-the-barrel human beings. Although, I think that's true of most team-specific sites.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Browns fans are unrealistic and love stats, but that is the majority of NFL fans.

If the Browns are ever good people will remember how insane this city is and probably start to hate us.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to go with Steelers. Its not really that I think they are annoying, its just that out of these 4, its them.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
If the Browns are ever good people will remember how insane this city is and probably start to hate us.
Yeah, that's probably 100% accurate. lol
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Browns are even slightly competent, things tend to get kind of awful on many forums. I feel like the Steelers are going to run away with this thread simply due to their fans always getting to celebrate success.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
When the Browns are even slightly competent, things tend to get kind of awful on many forums. I feel like the Steelers are going to run away with this thread simply due to their fans always getting to celebrate success.
Steelers fans run away with it because there are a million bandwagon fans that are obnoxious as all hell. Growing up in a Cleveland area high school seeing all the bandwagon fans was mind blowing. Their excuses were "I had a friend who grew up there so I like them." "My step dad who religiously beats me was a Steelers fan, so I like them."

It was ridiculous, I had some kid talking **** to me about football that was a Steelers fan but didn't know who Cowher or Bettis were. I had a teacher talk **** to me for liking the Browns, and then saw a white guy on the Steelers front page and said "Oh that's their new coach, he's gonna be really good."

I can't stand that ****, and it's why I hardly argue sports anymore because 99% of the people are ******* ignorant and obnoxious about their points.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the year. If the bengals are even decent it's them. Their fans like to pretend their team is good and that they were life long fans. As a Steelers fan living in Ohio they are the worst.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Cincy because I hate the city...Cleveland was 2nd place but I have great respect to their dedication to their teams. Steelers are 3rd because frankly they always win and their fan base is so huge that its hard to diss them when they occupy half of losing team's stadiums on gameday. Ravens fans are too young to strongly consider one way or another yet.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Steelers, it's not their fault though. There is just soooo many Steelers fans your bound to run into more annoying people that like the Steelers than any of the other team's in the AFC North.

Also will second that Cincinnati's lack of support puts them really close. But I'm not sure if this town doesn't deserve this team or if Mike Brown doesn't deserve this town. We'll see how things go when / if we ever get a championship caliber team going again.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

I went with the Ravens, simply because the fans (and that includes TV analysts) keep talking about how good Joe Flacco is, and I just absolutely abhor that, it's like the dude is mediocre at best and that defense wins so many games for them, give the credit where it's due, to Ngata, Lewis, Reed, and Suggs. I mean take that defense away and give him a #15 overall type defense, and see how many games they win.

I have much respect for the Steelers organization and their heritage of winning, so I sort of understand why their fans are the way they are.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I went with the Ravens, simply because the fans (and that includes TV analysts) keep talking about how good Joe Flacco is, and I just absolutely abhor that, it's like the dude is mediocre at best and that defense wins so many games for them, give the credit where it's due, to Ngata, Lewis, Reed, and Suggs. I mean take that defense away and give him a #15 overall type defense, and see how many games they win.

I have much respect for the Steelers organization and their heritage of winning, so I sort of understand why their fans are the way they are.
I don't think you will find a single Ravens fan who gives credit to Flacco over the likes of Reed Lewis and Suggs...

I'm not even just saying on this board, I'm saying in general.

Yes ESPN blows stuff out of proportion... but that is because they are freaking ESPN...

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I don't think you will find a single Ravens fan who gives credit to Flacco over the likes of Reed Lewis and Suggs...

I'm not even just saying on this board, I'm saying in general.

Yes ESPN blows stuff out of proportion... but that is because they are freaking ESPN...
Oh you're right they do, but around my part of the country there are a few I know and they worship the ground he walks on, so my view is distorted I'm sure.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Also will second that Cincinnati's lack of support puts them really close. But I'm not sure if this town doesn't deserve this team or if Mike Brown doesn't deserve this town. We'll see how things go when / if we ever get a championship caliber team going again.
Ive been to the vast majority of Bengals home games for the past decade or so and my family has had season tickets since '68 and while I'll agree that our fans are pretty ****** especially when they all come out of the woodwork all the sudden when we get decent, they are nothing like Steelers/Browns fans. Sure every fan base has their share of bad apples but Ive seen more of those guys get kicked out of games than any other and its not really close either. Generally its the Browns fans too which is kind of crazy considering they have had nothing worth cheering about in 50 years but feel the need to flaunt their 'superiority' the most frequently.

Cincinnati definitely deserves this team, and a much more competitive one at that. We've been mired in mediocrity since the late 80's early 90's and that stadium was sold out for 6 straight years which to me is very surprising considering HS football has and always will reign supreme around here. This is one of the best football areas in the entire country and our professional team has basically been nothing to write home about for the duration of its existence. Mike Brown doesn't deserve this fan base and I'm sure his father has been rolling around in his grave since the day he was put 6 feet under.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Ravens fan that worships the ground Flacco walks on? Must be a real life troll, I've only come across a handful that will concede that he is even a good quarterback. The majority of the fan bases opinion is "He's awful, get rid of him, you think we can sign Manning?" Don't get me started...