Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
He must be a bum because you won't mention his name.
My M.O. there was not an attempt to facetiously knock RG3 down or get people do that unknowingly. I guess this player is a 'bum' but could probably have been a decent starting QB if it weren't for some unfortunate circumstances. I've made it known that have a some reservations about Griffin, especially as early as he'll go. I just find it interesting that despite having a very similar skill set and both being very dominant college players, one barely got first round talk and other is looking like a top 3 lock.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still curious to know who that scouting report was about.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Dennis Dixon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I'm guessing Dennis Dixon.
You are correct, sir.

Looking back, I'm curious if Dixon would have sky rocketed up boards and possibly been a high first round pick had he not blown out his ACL, went to the NC and been in top 2 in Heisman voting. Or would he been a late-first early 2 developmental type guy with some upside. Dixon is by far the closest comp I can come up with for Griffin but it's hard to really draw anything from it. We can't really know how high Dixon's stock could rise and we've barely seen him in the pros. Still, it just has me thinking, was Dixon possibly undervalued or is Griffin overvalued? Not something I'm ever sure we'll really know unless Dixon gets a shot but I would love to see him get to compete somewhere for a starting job where they have QB issues.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Not something I'm ever sure we'll really know unless Dixon gets a shot but I would love to see him get to compete somewhere for a starting job where they have QB issues.

I loved Dennis Dixon coming out of that draft.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I loved Dennis Dixon coming out of that draft.
At the time, probably the worst I ever felt for an injured athlete.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon still hasn't impressed the Steelers all that much. He's long been healthy and they were still trotting out old ass Charlie Batch over him. I know it ruined his draft stock, but if he was truly a talented starting QB it would have shown by now. He looks like a solid career back-up, Seneca Wallace type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 is a much better pure passer (infinitely better deep ball) and probably a better athlete (definitely more pure speed). Oregon's offense had way less vertical concepts than Baylor's does.

RG3 is a much, much, much better pro prospect than Dennis Dixon ever was...

Griffin can clearly make all the throws necessary to be a very good NFL QB - with consistency. With Dixon, we were never sure - hence one being a possible top-3 pick and the other a mid-round prospect.

Last edited by gpngc : 01-17-2012 at 11:15 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
RG3 is a much better pure passer (infinitely better deep ball) and probably a better athlete (definitely more pure speed). Oregon's offense had way less vertical concepts than Baylor's does.

Griffin can clearly make all the throws necessary to be a very good NFL QB - with consistency. With Dixon, we were never sure - hence one being a possible top-3 pick and the other a mid-round prospect.
The Ducks don't ask their QBs to do a lot of work with the football down the field, much of what I see is a preponderance of quick hitches, shallow slants and screens where the QB's main responsibility is to get the ball into the hands of their playmakers as quickly as possible in space and let them pick up yardage.

IMO Oregon throws the football to keep defensive pursuit off balance and not allow them to key in on their read option.

Their offense isn't really designed for a QB to consistently put up 350 yards passing and 3-5 TDs a game.

If RGIII is 220#, he doesn't really need to bulk up. And Baylor's Oline was so porous that it's hard for me to say he ever left the pocket too soon.
Griffin tried to hang in the pocket againt U DUb and their D ends ate up the edge and put him on his butt before he could set and make his reads.

It's really hard to evaluate a scouting report without context of actual game footage.

DD has similar attributes, but in every single analysis and statistical category, RGIII is a far superior prospect.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Yeah, I'm not getting too wrapped up into that one either. I guess the tools are similar. RGIII has more of an arm though....but there's something to be said for being flat out better. Sometimes it's really that simple. Griffin is consistently more impressive than Dixon ever was on film.

...and again, I don't understand the pocket presence knock. The vast majority of his strikes down the field came from within the pocket and he often stepped up and evaded rushers to hit them.

For what it's worth though, I really liked Dixon as a prospect as well. I thought he would be a ton better than he has been so far. Pittsburgh has drafted two quaterbacks in that mold that I liked quite a bit, actually. I liked Omar Jacobs a ton back in the day too. He made quite possibly the worst decision to come out early ever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar Jacobs was a beast and should have been amazing in the NFL. How he hasn't won at least five Super Bowls by now is beyond me...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
My M.O. there was not an attempt to facetiously knock RG3 down or get people do that unknowingly. I guess this player is a 'bum' but could probably have been a decent starting QB if it weren't for some unfortunate circumstances. I've made it known that have a some reservations about Griffin, especially as early as he'll go. I just find it interesting that despite having a very similar skill set and both being very dominant college players, one barely got first round talk and other is looking like a top 3 lock.
The difference, though, is that the primary threat of those Dixon-led Ducks was (and still is) the read-option. It's the foundation of their entire offense. The passing offense is supplementary and has little depth to it.

Baylor ran more of a traditional run-n-shoot spread like the rest of the Big XII teams, but with a lot of read-option mixed into their run game.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumpity bump.

Quote:
Todd McShay said he wasnít that impressed with Griffinís 2010 season. In fact, he had a third-round grade on him then and wasnít sure heíd work out as a pro quarterback. But he saw the light in 2011.

"He really grew on me. I got coachís copy tape from this year and saw the improvement with his accuracy, with his anticipation, specifically with his accuracy down the field, too. I thought he showed a lot more touch and was able to drop the ball in and make accurate throws vertically. Can he still improve in that area? Of course he can. I think, sometimes, heís got to learn to take a little bit of heat off his fastball and throw more catchable throws in the short to intermediate [range], but he has really made huge strides as a passer in terms of that accuracy, and itís so important.

You look at the athleticism, which is through the roof, his speed, which is exceptional, and it leads to a lot of potential big plays when he does decide to take off and run.

But what I like about him is he is a true passer first, and heís not an impatient guy thatís always looking to get outside the pocket. He will sit in there, heíll hang tough, he can throw from a lot of different launch points, he can snap the ball off and has a strong arm and I love his mental makeup. Heís a leader, heís tough and, most importantly, heís smart. He picks things up quickly, and I havenít found a person Iíve talked to that says anything but great things about him in the classroom and understanding offensive concepts and just his natural intelligence."

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 will go in the top 4 picks, depending on if Washington/Miami/Seattle can get a trade up with the Rams/Vikings. The Browns won't pass on him, and I'm sure Shanahan would love to develop RG3 in D.C. if he gets the chance. Miami will likely end up with Flynn/Manning but I'm not cointing them out of the RG3 race.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would give both testicles to see him in KC but it will never happen. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wife saw him at Walmart. Since he is over 6 feet, and was wearing Baylor gear, she asked if he was a basketball player. He said, "I play basketball." It was not til he was signing some autographs she found out who he was.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Like RGIII and Hope he becomes really good in the NFL but I could see him becoming a Bust because he is the most hyped player right now, Heath Evans said on NFLN that the media is setting him up to fail because he is not 6-5,250 like Cam Newton and is not 6-0 and make everyone miss running like Mike Vick, he did say he can throw better than both of them and are better characters but people think he is going to be that right away. I think RGIII will be good because he is a smart kid and will work to be good but when he is being talked about being better than a Guy who has been the Number One Overall Pick for Two Years now it might hurt him in ways. I think in 5-10 Years from now that Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin will be Two of the Best QB's in the NFL.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

The only thing that's going to hold RGIII back is an injury. The Redskins would be the ideal landing point for him in terms of coaching, and I think he struggles a little at first to get on track in Cleveland.

However by year three I think Grif is leading his NFL team into the playoffs.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dennis Dixon?? Comon, there are 2 comparisons with Dixon and Griffin. Griffin is taller, stronger, has a stronger arm, more accurate, and is smarter than Dixon (no offense Dennis, I may be wrong, but Griffin's academic achievements are my reasoning).

I loved Dixon in college, and wanted him to win the Heisman when he was in the running but to compare RG3 with Dixon is rediculous.

Griffin was shaking people off like ragdolls. My favorite part about RG3 is that even when he breaks the pocket, he seems to keep his eyes downfield and look for a WR. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but I think him, Luck, and Barkley are a part of the next crop of superstar QBs in the league.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is a considerably better prospect than Dixon. Although Dixon was a legit 6'3" while Griffin is currently a questionable 6'2".

I wish Dixon never tore his ACL that final year. I still believe that he wins the Heisman and competes for the championship. He was a pretty damn fine passer that final year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I did think DD would develop as a pro QB. I was kinda disappointed how his career has gone.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Not throwing at the combine. Holmgren will not be pleased; Luck's opted out too at the behest of the Colts. Hurt? or irrelevant?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irrelevant. How many top QBs throw at the combine? A lot of them skip it and throw at their pro days, that's all this is.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Not throwing at the combine. Holmgren will not be pleased; Luck's opted out too at the behest of the Colts. Hurt? or irrelevant?
irrelevant.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The only thing that's going to hold RGIII back is an injury. The Redskins would be the ideal landing point for him in terms of coaching, and I think he struggles a little at first to get on track in Cleveland.

However by year three I think Grif is leading his NFL team into the playoffs.
He'll be fine in Cleveland if we take advantage of the offensive talent in FA this year, or some how land a stud WR in the late first.

Cleveland is in position to make some noise this offseason with 3 picks in the first 40 and money to make moves in free agency.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote