Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Sheridan gets another chance while Tim lewis never got another shot at being a DC? I hated both, but good god, Sheridan is piss poor! Lock the doors at your facility! If you guys hire BS lord have mercy on your team, because NFL offenses won't.
Haha . Had to figure a BS hiring was coming soon and at an important position. (And I don't meen Bill Sheridan when i say BS)
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Sheridan as Bucs DC is now official.... I hope he's just a puppet for Schiano and Davis.

We also hired former LB Bryan Cox as a assistant coach.

Last edited by Bucs147 : 02-17-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Bill Sheridan as Bucs DC is now official.... I hope he's just a puppet for Schiano and Davis.

We also hired former LB Bryan Cox as a assistant coach.
Damn, you guys couldn't get any other DCs to bite for that job so hired BS? WHY? Why would you do that?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals have hired Hue Jackson as assist DB and special teams coach.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Bengals have hired Hue Jackson as assist DB and special teams coach.
Really? DBs and Special Teams coach? I thought he was a QBs coach? Maybe he wants to be more well rounded next time around when he gets his next HC opportunity?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This 100% a huge conspiracy theory! Hue the coach gives the Bengals two first round picks for an old rubbish quarterback. He then has a public rant about his team almost guaranteeing he gets the sack.

The Bengals then hire him at probably a huge salary.

He got told he would get paid big time if he traded Palmer to the Raiders and he did.
Hes getting paid!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Really? DBs and Special Teams coach? I thought he was a QBs coach? Maybe he wants to be more well rounded next time around when he gets his next HC opportunity?
He has a lot of ST experience. My guess is this is a stop to get the experience but I wouldnt be shocked if he spends some time with the WR and Dalton.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:44 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know much about him but the 49ers hired Tracy Smith from the Seahawks to be our Special Teams assistant to Brad Seely.

I guess he's Seely's replacement for the future.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Bostad is the new Bucs OL Coach. He was the Wisconsin Badgers' OL/Running game coach. Wisconsin always had great OL and running game under Bostad, so this sounds like a great hire.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs win coaching changes: Jim Bob Cooter is the new Offensive QC guy.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take you to the candy shop BAH DAH DAH DAH...
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am watching the Bucs Sheridan presser! God, why on earth did you hire such trash!? Bucs fan passionate about defense, yet you hire this fool!!!!!?!!!!?!?!?! I feel bad for you Bucs fan. This DC was a 1 and done DC. Expect teams to routinely drop 30 and even 40 on you guys. Worst hire in the Coughlin era!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am watching the Bucs Sheridan presser! God, why on earth did you hire such trash!? Bucs fan passionate about defense, yet you hire this fool!!!!!?!!!!?!?!?! I feel bad for you Bucs fan. This DC was a 1 and done DC. Expect teams to routinely drop 30 and even 40 on you guys. Worst hire in the Coughlin era!
And that's different than last year exactly how...?

Also, maybe he'll just be the figurehead of the defense while Schiano really runs it. Bucs fans can only hope.

Also, hope he doesn't bring CC Brown with him. That guy was awful...not quite to the lolworthy level of Jason David, Alan Ball or Frank Walker (TWO of those guys were on the same team last year!) but he was pretty bad.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And that's different than last year exactly how...?

Also, maybe he'll just be the figurehead of the defense while Schiano really runs it. Bucs fans can only hope.

Also, hope he doesn't bring CC Brown with him. That guy was awful...not quite to the lolworthy level of Jason David, Alan Ball or Frank Walker (TWO of those guys were on the same team last year!) but he was pretty bad.
Well didn't watch them last year, if that's the same situation, then I believe it can get worse! I cringe at how this guy can get a job but someone like Tim Lewis who stinks, but not as bad, can't get hired again. I feel bad for that fan base.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As much as I am not supporting or bashing this hire, I do remember that the Giants had 30+ turnovers that year when the Giants ranked at the bottom of the league in Points allowed, yet were 12th in total yardage allowed on defense?

Not saying Sheridan was the prime responsibilty that year, but he could have been a scapegoat. I mean, the offense wasn't doing the defense any favors in that department.

Again, I'm still skeptical of the hire, but that's my question after doing research on the 09 Giants, where pretty much the whole team was a dissapointment.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants offense kept us in many of those games. Without Eli we probably lose at least 10 games that year. Sheridan was terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Giants offense kept us in many of those games. Without Eli we probably lose at least 10 games that year. Sheridan was terrible.
You really didn't answer my question though. 30+ turnovers by the offense? That's an average of 2 a game. That's not very good.

Again, this is not me trying to make this feel like a good hire. But when the stats are there, it's kind of hard to see when the Giants ranked 12th in total yardage allowed and at the bottom in points allowed. To me, I think the offensive Turnovers had a big part in that.

Again, I'm not saying this is a great hire or anything. I',m still unsure and think Davis and Schiano will be behind the scheme of things for the most part. But, I didn't think the guy sounded like garbage in his presser and really was a coveted coach before his 1 year stint in NY.

All that said, I think we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your argument cancels itself out. If you're saying that the reason his defense allowed so many points is because the other team was constantly given short fields by the turnovers on offense, then it's logical that they wouldn't rack up many yards either.

But seriously, their defense that year was awful.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Your argument cancels itself out. If you're saying that the reason his defense allowed so many points is because the other team was constantly given short fields by the turnovers on offense, then it's logical that they wouldn't rack up many yards either.

But seriously, their defense that year was awful.
So was Bill Bellichiks defense the past 2 years and hes supposed to be a genius?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Belichick ties his own hands with poor talent to keep things interesting. I'm surprised you weren't aware of that.

Yeah, after those three Superbowl wins and shutting Peyton Manning down so bad they had to change the rules, he decided everything was too easy and decided to kick it up to All-Madden difficulty. He's still made two Superbowls.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You really didn't answer my question though. 30+ turnovers by the offense? That's an average of 2 a game. That's not very good.

Again, this is not me trying to make this feel like a good hire. But when the stats are there, it's kind of hard to see when the Giants ranked 12th in total yardage allowed and at the bottom in points allowed. To me, I think the offensive Turnovers had a big part in that.

Again, I'm not saying this is a great hire or anything. I',m still unsure and think Davis and Schiano will be behind the scheme of things for the most part. But, I didn't think the guy sounded like garbage in his presser and really was a coveted coach before his 1 year stint in NY.

All that said, I think we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.
It obviously didn't help but it was not the reason we gave up so many points. The middle of the field was constantly open and everyone picked us apart that way. Maybe he learned from his problems here though and Schiano is a great defensive guy so it could be worse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Obviously, Bill Sheridan didn't have al ot of success in his 1 and only year as a DC, but there was a reason he was the successor to Spagnola. I'm willing to see how this plays out, but I'm thinking even though he's the defensive coordinator, Schiano could be the primary playcaller.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well didn't watch them last year, if that's the same situation, then I believe it can get worse! I cringe at how this guy can get a job but someone like Tim Lewis who stinks, but not as bad, can't get hired again. I feel bad for that fan base.
He is a puppet. Davis and Schiano will make him their *****.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
As much as I am not supporting or bashing this hire, I do remember that the Giants had 30+ turnovers that year when the Giants ranked at the bottom of the league in Points allowed, yet were 12th in total yardage allowed on defense?

Not saying Sheridan was the prime responsibilty that year, but he could have been a scapegoat. I mean, the offense wasn't doing the defense any favors in that department.

Again, I'm still skeptical of the hire, but that's my question after doing research on the 09 Giants, where pretty much the whole team was a dissapointment.

Wasn't that the year after or something? Now they are running all together. Sheridan coached us the 2009-2010 season.

The 2010-2011 season where a lot of our WRs were out for the season. I forgot where all the turn overs were from then. I knew 2010 we did with injuries and just stupid play by everyone. I don't remember much except injuries and the offense trying to keep us in.

If I remember correctly, if it wasn't for the offense, we would have probably had a top 5 pick that year. Some how they managed to keep the whole team from turning into a bigger mess. I believe that was Steve Smith's pro bowl year. We were in a shoot out what seemed every game.

We scored 38 on the Eagles, only to lose at home because they scored 45 points. I remember that game. Saints game was a mess, but I think without our offense scoring points, we would have had a top 5 pick easily.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I feel bad for the Bucs right now. Brees, Ryan and Newton are going to absolutely spank Sheridan.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote