Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
can't franchise, not enough space. But can resign once we know exactly how much cap space we have to work with. Till we work it out we are going to RFA him.
well good luck to the steelers! its kinda **** seeing a player you drafted a couple years ago be lost so soon.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Chances Wallace lands in NE or BAL?
The Patriots have the money for 1 year, but after next year, they'll have key guys to resign (including Welker [franchise tag], Gronkowski, Vollmer, Spikes, Hernandez, etc)

If they did offer him a contract, it would be something stupid like 1 year 16 million.

edit: And we all know that isn't happening.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I've said before, I'd gladly let Welker walk if it meant bringing in Wallace long term. Welker's production is far more easily replaced.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Precisely. I like the looks of this...

Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Tommy Streeter
Ted Ginn/Kyle Williams
Streeter, McNutt, Jones. Lots of options there if we go that route.

Bet VD would love to have Wallace on the outside.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
As I've said before, I'd gladly let Welker walk if it meant bringing in Wallace long term. Welker's production is far more easily replaced.
I'd definitely tag Welker this year. Next year, you have a heck of a decision to be made on whether Welker is allowed to walk or not.

I tend to agree with you, but it's harder than it seems for NE to find WRs in the draft or on the street.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, and if Welker is a ***** in negotiations with them I would not be surprised at all to see a tag&trade.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I agree, and if Welker is a ***** in negotiations with them I would not be surprised at all to see a tag&trade.
I would be ok with this if meant Wallace.

Also, lol at Steelers fans thinking everything will be just sunshine and rainbows while being so ****** with cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GM Kevin Colbert recently conceded to a local radio station that the franchise tag is highly unlikely due to salary cap issues. The Steelers will reportedly place a first-round restricted tender on Wallace and "see what develops." If he "signs a contract and they deem it too high," they will apparently take the first-round compensation instead of matching. Once unthinkable, it's now very possible the Steelers will let their 25-year-old No. 1 receiver walk instead of digging themselves into an even deeper salary-cap hole.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ace-hit-market

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah 100% sure Wallace is not a Steeler next season.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-22-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could always decline, or they could always workout an actual contract with him.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He could always decline, or they could always workout an actual contract with him.
Cmon man... He isn't going to decline big money.
Pittsburgh is incapable of giving him a suitable contract.
He's gone. Accept it.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut is still telling me he stays despite how boring and lame that would be.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I can't see it. A lot of teams with needs at WR I am sure would give up a first, depending on how FA goes. I'd love him in NE but I think alot of other teams would take him too, making it competitive.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-22-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You gut is also full of beer so we have to take whatever it says with a grain of salt.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I can't see it. A lot of teams with needs at WR I am sure would give up a first, depending on how FA goes. I'd love him in NE but I think alot of other teams would take him too, making it competitive.
Teams are stingy when spending draft picks on veteran players. I can't explain it.

Plus we rarely, rarely, rarely ever see RFAs sign with new teams. The fear of the Poison Pill was part if it the last couple years, as was the 1st and 3rd tender.

Those are gone, but it would still surprise me to see an RFA actually sign with a new team. I think part of it will still be the fact that the other team can wait until the last possible second to match while other possible FA targets get signed tying your hands.

I think the Steelers will put a first round tender on him and there will be some rumors about teams thinking about signing him...and then no one actually will.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cmon man... He isn't going to decline big money.
Pittsburgh is incapable of giving him a suitable contract.
He's gone. Accept it.
Not to mention on the last page people already posted that he will leave if he gets offered more money else where, but lets overlook that along with the cap space issue. He may stay but to talk like bhaarat is, is pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-22-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley resigned for 2 years. Sorta surprised he would take only 2-year deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...year-contract/
Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Finley resigned for 2 years. Sorta surprised he would take only 2-year deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...year-contract/

Hope that's incentive-laden.

2 years is curious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Tha **** is going on?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

More details:

Quote:
The average value of the deal — $7.5 million — roughly splits the difference between the tight end franchise tender of $5.4 million and the receiver franchise tender of $9.4 million. And it gives Finley another crack at the open market in 2014, when the new TV money will have kicked in and driven up the salary cap.

Given the value of the deal, the question of whether Finley is a tight end or a receiver be as significant the next time Finley is due to hit the market. Based on the 2013 cap number in Finley’s deal, a 120-percent increase would put the tender for Finley over $10 million.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Years $15M. Wow that is rather cheap.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forgot about the new TV contract coming up. I guess 2 years is a decent calculated risk for Finley.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Open up franchise tag for Flynn tag 'n trade next, Teddy. KThnxbai ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Open up franchise tag for Flynn tag 'n trade next, Teddy. KThnxbai ;)
I'd LOVE to see you stuck paying franchise QB money to a backup QB.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see you stuck paying franchise QB money to a backup QB.
I'd LOVE to see a 26 year old QB packed for a nice little trade. That's probably a long shot though, QBs aren't exactly in high demand. ;)

they get smoked.