Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Streeter, McNutt, Jones. Lots of options there if we go that route.

Bet VD would love to have Wallace on the outside.
I bet Crabtree would excel with a speed threat opposite him.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'd LOVE to see you stuck paying franchise QB money to a backup QB.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
2 Years $15M. Wow that is rather cheap.
He would have been tagged at 5.5 anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see you stuck paying franchise QB money to a backup QB.
They can always untag him. More realistically, they'll get a ridiculous haul from Miami. This is pretty lame.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some team is going to trade for Flynn. Savvy move by Ted Thompson.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
They can always untag him. More realistically, they'll get a ridiculous haul from Miami. This is pretty lame.
i dont think it would be a ridiculous haul, but if they can get a 3rd rounder for Flynn instead of nothing while having finley for the next 2 years, pretty smart move by Thompson.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Some team is going to trade for Flynn. Savvy move by Ted Thompson.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was Flynn I'd sign the tag as soon as they apply it, that includes no-trade protection right? Then tell them I'm not going anywhere unless they release me and become a UFA.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
If I was Flynn I'd sign the tag as soon as they apply it, that includes no-trade protection right? Then tell them I'm not going anywhere unless they release me and become a UFA.
No, but it would fully guarantee him something like $14 million no matter what happens. He'd definitely sign it right away but they could trade him.

When teams trade franchise players, them signing the tender is the first thing required since they're not actually under contract without signing it.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but it would fully guarantee him something like $14 million no matter what happens. He'd definitely sign it right away but they could trade him.

When teams trade franchise players, them signing the tender is the first thing required since they're not actually under contract without signing it.
Not sure where I'm getting this from. I remember the John Abraham situation a while back with the Jets where him signing the tag actually screwed up their plans for him. My memory is quite bad though.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not sure where I'm getting this from. I remember the John Abraham situation a while back with the Jets where him signing the tag actually screwed up their plans for him. My memory is quite bad though.
Yeah, I don't know there and my memory is too fuzzy on that situation. Could be something different about the Exclusive Rights franchise tag maybe if they put that on him.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$5.75 million in '12 and $8.25 million in '13 for Finley.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know there and my memory is too fuzzy on that situation. Could be something different about the Exclusive Rights franchise tag maybe if they put that on him.
It could he was refusing to sign the tag and holding up the trade to ATL.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#Packers could clear $10.59M by releasing Driver and Clifton. Or less if they agree to take big pay cuts. Would be enuf to franchise Flynn.
Later bros.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, pretty easy call there. Driver is one of my favorite players on this team but with Cobb ready for an expanded role, Driver is at best the #5 guy

Time to Tag and Trade Flynn
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what he'll command, I actually feel like this hurts his value. Teams may have overbid for him, in this case I could see teams hesitant in trading for him.

Teams could also just wait until the tag runs up and go after him next year, I don't see him getting more than a late first or early second + another pick.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Probably a 2nd if I had to guess. Miami would make sense...add another 2nd to the list of wasted 2nd round picks in the attempt to half-assedly replace Marino.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No, rarely do players immediately sign the tender. If i'm not mistaken, once they do sign, they're guaranteed that money by the franchising team. If they tag him and he signs, and they later release him, they lose their ability to use the franchise tag for a number of years.

I'm trying to google the information but there isn't any site (damn you wiki) with all the technicalities listed.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Finley deal looks more like a one year deal to me since there appears to be no signing bonus money.

As for Flynn, he could get franchised and would most likely sign the franchise tender seconds later and then be traded when FA starts but here's something that no one has mentioned.

Flynn could get traded without having to sign a long term deal. If you're Flynn and you get traded to a team that you may not be confident in, would you be willing to sign that long term deal and more importantly, would the team trading for him go through with the trade if he doesnt want to sign a long term deal?

Granted, the team will usually work out a long term deal with the player before said team trades for that player who's franchised or has one year remaining on their contract but what if Flynn doesnt agree to a long term deal?

Flynn could get $14m as a franchise player, stay in GB for a year and then become an UFA in 2013 and go where he wants. Granted, his value may not be as high but if he has to play in 2012 and plays good, his value wouldnt decrease either.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The Finley deal looks more like a one year deal to me since there appears to be no signing bonus money.

As for Flynn, he could get franchised and would most likely sign the franchise tender seconds later and then be traded when FA starts but here's something that no one has mentioned.

Flynn could get traded without having to sign a long term deal. If you're Flynn and you get traded to a team that you may not be confident in, would you be willing to sign that long term deal and more importantly, would the team trading for him go through with the trade if he doesnt want to sign a long term deal?

Granted, the team will usually work out a long term deal with the player before said team trades for that player who's franchised or has one year remaining on their contract but what if Flynn doesnt agree to a long term deal?

Flynn could get $14m as a franchise player, stay in GB for a year and then become an UFA in 2013 and go where he wants. Granted, his value may not be as high but if he has to play in 2012 and plays good, his value wouldnt decrease either.
Yeah, that is absolutely the requirement of any trade like this.

Flynn could be a dick and do that....by god would it be sweet....but I find it unlikely. That $14 million guarantee will only be a starting point for guaranteed money in his new deal and he'll be a starter somewhere. Quarterbacks are naturally competitive guys (most of them anyway) and want the opportunity to play.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True but like I posted in the other topic about Flynn, look at what Kolb received and what ARZ gave up for him -

A 2nd rounder and DRC...Contract is from rotoworld.com

7/29/2011: Signed a six-year, $65 million contract. The deal contains $12 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and Kolb's first-year base salary. Annual $500,000 workout bonuses are available throughout the contract's life. 2012: $1 million (+ $7 million option bonus due 3/17), 2013: $9 million (+ $2 million roster bonus due in March), 2014-2016: $10 million, 2017: Free Agent

---

$10.8m average a year to me should be Flynn's starting point because quite honestly, he's easily better than Kolb and is worth more in trade compensation.

I dont see Flynn doing what I said in my previous post but if I was him, I would definitely consider it because GB will trade me guaranteed and whoever acquires me would franchise me again in 2013. I dont know how much the franchise tag for Flynn would be in 2013 but it has to be at least the same so $28m guaranteed for two years of service would be a steal for Flynn.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets did trade Abraham to the Falcons for a 1st round pick though.....and the Jets got the better player in stud C Nick Mangold so it did work out.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

"Easily better than Kolb." I don't like Kolb, so maybe, but the dude has two career starts. Two! Kolb's first two starts included prolific passing numbers against bad defenses too.

I just hate how desperate teams are for QBs. It's absurd.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Easily better than Kolb." I don't like Kolb, so maybe, but the dude has two career starts. Two! Kolb's first two starts included prolific passing numbers against bad defenses too.

I just hate how desperate teams are for QBs. It's absurd.
Well, to be honest, in Kolb's starts as an Eagle, I don't think he really looked that good. And as for Flynn playing a bad Lions defense... That's the same Lions who were in the playoffs, and if my memory serves me correctly, Rodgers played that same defense on Thanksgiving and didn't put up 6 TDs.
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins827 View Post
Well, to be honest, in Kolb's starts as an Eagle, I don't think he really looked that good. And as for Flynn playing a bad Lions defense... That's the same Lions who were in the playoffs, and if my memory serves me correctly, Rodgers played that same defense on Thanksgiving and didn't put up 6 TDs.
The Lions secondary was without a couple of starters, including iirc Delmas and Houston.

And let's not be completely ******** here, Kolb set some kind of record in his first starts for passing yards in a players first two starts. He beat the **** out of horrible pass defenses in New Orleans and Kansas City that year.

And then people just conveniently overlooked the fact he was average at best in his other Eagles starts. Do people not ******* remember what this place was like when he was traded? All of the little optimist defenders of every move ever made ever were all over it and not listening to logic, reason or common sense. Makes me sick.

Anyway, if the Dolphins trade something Flynn, you'll just be adding him to the "list of guys we wasted picks on instead of going after a real QB."

AJ Feely
Daunte Culpepper
John Beck
Pat White
Chad Henne
Soon to be Matt Flynn.