Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default RG3 Officially 6'2 3/8 and 223 lbs

Good news for him.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he'll play at that weight (it's not hard to add a few pounds just so you seem heavier).

And it doesn't completely alleviate my concerns about his durability. Newton/Tebow can run a lot and get up because they are freakishly big and durable. Average sized QBs like Vick and RG3 that run a lot usually get into trouble. It's just something to consider. Yes 223 looks a lot better than say 215, but he's still going to be hit by 250-pound backers and 300+ pound lineman. And it's not just the # 223, it's the way his frame looks - like he could break at any moment. Just scares me (not enough to pass on him at all though). I hope he can stay healthy, I really do.

As for his height, I was never worried.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have both an RGIII thread and a Combine thread for this. Did we really need another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I doubt he'll play at that weight (it's not hard to add a few pounds just so you seem heavier).

And it doesn't completely alleviate my concerns about his durability. Newton/Tebow can run a lot and get up because they are freakishly big and durable. Average sized QBs like Vick and RG3 that run a lot usually get into trouble. It's just something to consider. Yes 223 looks a lot better than say 215, but he's still going to be hit by 250-pound backers and 300+ pound lineman. And it's not just the # 223, it's the way his frame looks - like he could break at any moment. Just scares me (not enough to pass on him at all though). I hope he can stay healthy, I really do.

Isn't Vick 5'11 and 190? RG3 is just bigger. Even if he drops 5-7 lbs.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Isn't Vick 5'11 and 190? RG3 is just bigger. Even if he drops 5-7 lbs.
And Vick isn't very durable...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think those numbers will actually help him, if he needed any help. The thing i noticed is he isnt as strong at sheding tacklers as some of the guys you mentioned.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
And Vick isn't very durable...
I know. My point is that you can't group the two of them together and say "players this size aren't durable". Because RG3 is significantly bigger than Vick.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Rams in the cat birds seat ? The price for the #2 pick keeps going up.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it might go down a little after free agency - especially if either the Browns or Redskins sign Flynn or Manning.

If Washington and Cleveland are both QB-less going into the draft though, the Rams are gonna be on the good end of a bidding war for RGIII I think.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin just looks frail. He basically measured in with Aaron Rodgers numbers but he looks like he won't be able to stand up to punishment in comparison.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rich Gannon was listed at 6-3 210 lbs and he ran as much as any QB not named Michael Vick. In 2000, he had 89 rushing attempts. To put it into perspective, Tim Tebow had 122 attempts--only 33 more than Gannon.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who didn't watch much Baylor football, one thing you'll notice about Griffin is he's not too proud to SLIDE to the ground after a big run, unlike Tebow or Vick.
Huge difference IMO because it suggests RGIII understands the importance of protecting himself from unnecessary hits.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
For those who didn't watch much Baylor football, one thing you'll notice about Griffin is he's not too proud to SLIDE to the ground after a big run, unlike Tebow or Vick.
Huge difference IMO because it suggests RGIII understands the importance of protecting himself from unnecessary hits.
Funny thing, Aaron Rodgers stopped getting himself concussed when he started sliding.

RG3 will be fine. Looking more frail than other 6-2, 220 pound QBs isn't a problem. Logically, it simply means that he either has less fat (and by extension, more muscle) or greater bone density. Neither of those things would be considered a bad thing.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the height helps, I really wish he was throwing, would like to see if his mechanics have changed. He throws with such a wide base and doesn't have a completely over the top motion so the ball still comes out like he's a 5'11" QB with ideal mechanics and an over the top motion. If he's changed his mechanics so he throws taller, that'd be a much bigger deal to me than coming in at 6'2".

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His height just got him the #2 overall pick. He probably had it before, but now it should be a lock.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
these threads are hilarious. vick's or tebow's height/weight have as much to do with griffin's durability as sproles' or peterson's.
Um. What?

Sproles/Peterson have bodies that are built much differently than RG3's. Also, their bodies are trained to take the beating that they do inside the tackles and for four quarters of toting the rock because they've been doing it their entire lives consistently. It's a completely different body type.

Same with Rich Gannon, who was more compact and muscular (and didn't take hits - he slid like crazy). RG3 is longer, and his frame naturally more slender. Just because he's put an extra 10ish pounds of water weight on does not change his naturally thin 'track' body type.

It's absolutely relevant to compare his body type to other NFL running QBs, especially given that he already has an injury history. His body type DID contribute to the ACL injury.

And I don't think it's a MAJOR red flag. It's just something I'm sure NFL teams are concerned with given his penchant for running and trying (often succeeding) to break tackles against smaller, weaker Big 12 "defenders" (if you even want to call them that).
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII's listed weight at Baylor this season was 220#, so I don't think he bulked up for the combine.

WHen RGIII shows up for drills at Indy, I think some people will be surprised how long legged he is, and how muscular his legs are.

Now I'm curious to see if he can run an electronic sub 4.5. His game film is enough to know what kind of speed he has, but I'd love to have a confirmed number.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
RGIII's listed weight at Baylor this season was 220#, so I don't think he bulked up for the combine.

WHen RGIII shows up for drills at Indy, I think some people will be surprised how long legged he is, and how muscular his legs are.

Now I'm curious to see if he can run an electronic sub 4.5. His game film is enough to know what kind of speed he has, but I'd love to have a confirmed number.
This is not a good thing in terms of injury risks. Again, his body type is not compact.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
This is not a good thing in terms of injury risks. Again, his body type is not compact.
Are QBs expected to have compact physiques??? He's a QB with outstanding mobility. RGIII won't be running the option in the NFL.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Are QBs expected to have compact physiques??? He's a QB with outstanding mobility. RGIII won't be running the option in the NFL.
No, which is exactly why QBs don't run a lot in the NFL... and when they do, they can get in trouble with injuries...
Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now officially sub 4.4.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that probably destroys any lingering chance of St Louis keeping that #2 pick and taking Kalil. Should be some really special trade offers now. Talent + spectacle= insane hype.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Citing league sources, Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reports "at least" three teams, including the Redskins, Dolphins, and Seahawks, are "strongly considering" a blockbuster trade with the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III at No. 2 overall.
Team sources also tell Freeman that the Browns have interest in trading up, "though not as much as the other teams." While the Dolphins are interested "despite their Matt Flynn infatuation," the Redskins "remain the front-runners." Team officials label the Seahawks the "sleeper team" hindered by the prohibitive cost of trading up from twelfth to second. The three teams reportedly view RGIII as a "close facsimile" to Andrew Luck in terms of NFL potential.
Source: CBSSports.com
Feb 26 - 5:00 AM
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Citing league sources, Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reports "at least" three teams, including the Redskins, Dolphins, and Seahawks, are "strongly considering" a blockbuster trade with the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III at No. 2 overall.
Team sources also tell Freeman that the Browns have interest in trading up, "though not as much as the other teams." While the Dolphins are interested "despite their Matt Flynn infatuation," the Redskins "remain the front-runners." Team officials label the Seahawks the "sleeper team" hindered by the prohibitive cost of trading up from twelfth to second. The three teams reportedly view RGIII as a "close facsimile" to Andrew Luck in terms of NFL potential.
Source: CBSSports.com
Feb 26 - 5:00 AM

LOL @ Seattle. Like the Rams would give RG3 to them ? Not a chance
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
LOL @ Seattle. Like the Rams would give RG3 to them ? Not a chance
If the Rams were creative they'd trade Bradford to Seattle and then draft Griffin. Probably be a win win for everyone.

Rams probably arent interested in listening to any team that doesnt have a top 5 pick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote