Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Wtf is wrong with Michael's hair in the first season?
lol Thinning out like a mofo

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As suspected, it took four seconds for me to hate Catherine Tate's character's ******* reappearance. She's terrible. A failed attempt at creating a female Michael Scott.

As for the rest of it, I thought it was pretty good. Still more interesting than the early episodes this season.

- The cold open was fantastic. Loved that Jim prank and Ryan's reaction to Erin, and Dwight saying Jim needed 50 minutes for his hair.
- Stanley and all of his interaction with Jim was funny.
- Todd Packer — I knew he was coming back, and dreaded it. But I did not dislike his appearance here. Good continuity because they did send him to work in Florida in his last appearance.
- The scenes in the Scranton office weren't as worthless as I expected them to be with the Florida plot being the main story.
- Creed's line about the silence and how it's helping him be productive enough to write 12 plays in a morning ... awesome.
- Like Daryl's lines too.

Bad stuff:
- The unrealistic nature of Dwight returning 3 hours after surgery.
- Nellie Bertram — what a poorly conceived character. I hope she dies, but I know the show has bigger (read: worse) things to come for her.

I'll give it a B on the Post-Carell grading scale.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was horrible. I could barely even get through it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially done with The Office. It sucks because I loved this show at one time but now it's "meh" at best and downright awful at worst.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides Catherine Tate I thought it was a sold episode. I've really lowered my expectations for the show so I guess i'm usually more positive than most.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanley is awesome and saving the show!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geh. I do like this new side of Stanley though.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The open was ******* hilarious

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of liked Catherine Tate's character, okay scratch that, I didn't at all. I just liked the breasts and ***** line by her, mostly because the word ***** said aloud makes me crack the **** up.

I liked the Wally Amos thing at the end too, the Office is best (now) with smaller subplots (Jim-Stanley, Andy as receptionist, etc.) but just awful with the major plot.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillez! Stop disappearing you dick.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only liked Catherine Tate's entrance, where she duped Ryan into her ridiculous setup.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Phillez! Stop disappearing you dick.
I'm returning to get to my 10,000th post.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was definitely a solid episode. I wasn't a fan of Catherine Tate last during her interview last season but I thought her opening was hilarious.
"Stop looking at my breast and start looking at my *****"

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy balls this episode is going to give me ten thousand boners
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I liked a lot of this episode. Here's my thoughts:

Jim/Cathy plot — I know some people hated the thought of Jim cheating on Pam. I think this was handled in a good way. Jim was immediately uncomfortable and eventually manned up and told her to get lost. Having Dwight help him (the second time) was very funny. But seriously, couldn't Cathy have just stripped completely? NBC sure as hell could have used the ratings boost.

Scranton plot — I enjoyed this one, particularly Pam and Andy's talk with Daryl in his office about what Jim would do. Kelly's lines were also very funny, especially her rundown of the number of dots in a text and what they mean. Go, Daryl, go!

Dwight/Packer/Nellie plot — Nothing great, nothing bad. I like this version of Dwight that was sort of aware of his surroundings and what was going on. He seemed human for once.

Erin/Ryan plot — Funny. These have been my two favorite characters this season by a big margin. I hope they get more scenes together next week to continue this plot.

- The cold open was OK, but not not overly funny.
- WHERE THE **** WAS CREED!?
- Odds that Pam finds out about Cathy being in Jim's room? Who tells, Stanley or Dwight or Jim himself? I hope we don't get a "Pam freaks out" episode.

I wonder how many more weeks they'll be in Florida? Hopefully more than just next week. I haven't seen episode descriptions beyond next week.

Grade — B (post-Carell scale)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan is such an underrated character and always has been for the most part.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. All of the plots were intriguing, interesting, and funny. In the post Carell era, I think the show is at its best when Jim and Dwight are featured the most. Last night they were and it was great. We got a good dose of Ryan as well and they didn't beat Andy into us.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Cathy was hot but damn last night she looked real good. I'm on the other side of the fence now, Jim should have hit that up and down. The only thing I disliked about last night's ep was the open.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought Cathy was hot but damn last night she looked real good. I'm on the other side of the fence now, Jim should have hit that up and down. The only thing I disliked about last night's ep was the open.
I wasn't overly fond of it, but everywhere I look people seem to have loved it. I can see why, I guess.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Ryan is such an underrated character and always has been for the most part.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. All of the plots were intriguing, interesting, and funny. In the post Carell era, I think the show is at its best when Jim and Dwight are featured the most. Last night they were and it was great. We got a good dose of Ryan as well and they didn't beat Andy into us.
I almost always like episodes where Jim and Dwight team up, though not directly. Jim sorta duped Dwight into helping him.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was a spectacular episode. The Scranton plot took a back seat but it was still solid. The Florida plot was fantastic. Each character was top-notch. The Ryan-Erin plot was entertaining. Stanley was awesome. The Dwight-Packer battle was great. Jim and Dwight having fun like the old times. And Cathy was hot. I think this was probably the best post-Michael Scott episode and better than many even before he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanley shoulda had the I REALLY don't give ****, lets get crunk person the whole time. Did I stutter?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Stanley shoulda had the I REALLY don't give ****, lets get crunk person the whole time. Did I stutter?
He kind of has had that persona the whole time. He never listens to Michael. He never stays a second past five. He cheats on his wives and gives them the "My way or the highway" treatment. The only reason he works is for the money. He doesn't give two shits about paper, Dunder Mifflin, or anyone else and never has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like that last episode. I personally really like the open. They are all such gossips that it was funny to see them all talk **** about each other. I thought the whole Kathy scene was super awkward (in a good way) but got funny after Jim was straight with her. Dwight was good through out. I like how the Scranton plot line took more of a backseat to Florida.

I think that Kathy is overly amazing looking but she was lookin to good to me in that episode.

I give it like a B+/A-. The whole Florida aspect has really helped this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...ave-the-office

No Robert California next season.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Fans, rejoice!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote