Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-26-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always saved them and have never done it without being super good. Even if I play renegade the entire game, I always end up saving everyone important.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'm rolling straight Renegade. I'll probably go back and beat all three as a Paragon in a year or so.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The original game just flies by, honestly. The main mission line can be completed so quickly. Grinding out some of those sides, can suck. Aka the collecting. I always did everything, though.

I'm still on the fence if I want to play ME2 again. Because I know, I'm a completionist when it comes to Mass Effect playthroughs. And I really dont want to do a lot of those side missions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Right now I'm rolling straight Renegade. I'll probably go back and beat all three as a Paragon in a year or so.
I have one renegade playthrough...

I like my two paragon ones better...the Ashley one and the Miranda one. mmmm. I just like being a good dude.

I cant wait for this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first one ever was Paragon, played through 1 and 2. Then went through and played both as mostly Renegade.

For 3, I wanted to be a Paragon. I'll still never, ever rescue the council though. **** those *******.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here get UFC 3? Is it worth the buy? I have a $50 gift card to BestBuy and need a new game. Any suggestions.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm running through Mass Effect on Insanity for the first time with my "cannon" Paragon Soldier(although I have a Vanguard I'm quite partial to as well, but that's just not a real fun class to play as in Mass Effect 1). I'm also trying to wrap up on all of the achievements to be had since this is likely the last time I'm going to run through the first game for awhile. It's been a lot of work, actually. The only ones I had left were the pain in the ass ally achievements as well as the difficulty based ones(which really aren't all that hard, but good lord are they time consuming). I did what basically amounted to a speedrun on hardcore last week, which I can now say for sure if not the way to play a Mass Effect game haha. I'm enjoying it so much more now that I'm sitting back and taking my time with things. The only thing I'm really losing my patience with is the damn Mako parts. On the higher difficulty settings, the amount of damage that you can take/deal is way out of whack. I've ended up just going at the various turrets and other vehicle orientated enemies on foot the majority of the time since taking them on in the Mako just isn't worth it.

I ended up going through some of the DLC last night. For as much flack as Bioware has gotten for their approach to DLC with Mass Effect 3, the DLC in the first two titles was actually pretty good. Pinnacle Station isn't anything special, but it's a nice little set of challenges that breaks things up a bit. Bring Down the Sky is excellent. Easily one of my favorite missions from the first game. Very well written and a good challenge.

So yeah, I'm pretty pumped about Mass Effect 3 as well. I've got the Collectors Edition coming with release day shipping from Amazon, which in hindsight was probably a bad move haha. I would have liked to have gone to one of the midnight releases, but I suppose I can wait a few additional hours.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ugh. I remember that crap with the mako on insanity. Pain in the ass.

ME2 on insanity was still easy, imo. Aside from a few tough spots with BS respawning enemies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a tough time with Mass Effect 2 on insanity until I switched up my arsenal a little bit. I had been using the Collector Assault Rifle as my workhorse gun for all my previous playthroughs. Eventually, I switched to something else and it really helped. The only REALLY difficult part was the Collector's Ship. After that, it got a whole ton easier. I vaguely remember killing the last boss in a few hits with the CAIN haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Anyone here get UFC 3? Is it worth the buy? I have a $50 gift card to BestBuy and need a new game. Any suggestions.
I think it is fun but definitely difficult if you haven't played any of the other UFC games. This was my first UFC game. The controls involve using every button on the controller. Some like that and some don't.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the first and have played the 2nd a lot. Any other games worth looking at?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on how big of a nerd you are. I heard it UFC 3 was great. Mass Effect 3 comes out within a couple weeks. SSX comes out in a couple days. Kingdom of Amular was released recently. There are tons of games that people have probably overlooked that you can raid from holiday season or years past. I personally just play tons of MW3 and most of the blockbuster games.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I had a tough time with Mass Effect 2 on insanity until I switched up my arsenal a little bit. I had been using the Collector Assault Rifle as my workhorse gun for all my previous playthroughs. Eventually, I switched to something else and it really helped. The only REALLY difficult part was the Collector's Ship. After that, it got a whole ton easier. I vaguely remember killing the last boss in a few hits with the CAIN haha.
Collector particle beam all day man. So powerful. That's my go to, never had any problems. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Depends on how big of a nerd you are. I heard it UFC 3 was great. Mass Effect 3 comes out within a couple weeks. SSX comes out in a couple days. Kingdom of Amular was released recently. There are tons of games that people have probably overlooked that you can raid from holiday season or years past. I personally just play tons of MW3 and most of the blockbuster games.
I might get SSX, not a fan of the ME series and I was severely disappointed with MW3

Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KoA is fantastic. I love it

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
KoA is fantastic. I love it
I definitely plan on picking it up at some stage in the future.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I was really digging it until I realized Mass Effect 3 D-Day was two weeks away. It's a bit repetitive, but the core combat mechanics are an absolute blast. The writing also isn't quite up to the standard of the rest of the game. The actual plot is fine, but the dialogue(and the delivery of it) is decidedly meh, especially things away from the main quest. It's extremely enjoyable though. Love the bright, vibrant world. It's absolutely immense too.

I played around with the various weapon combinations, but I ended up settling on Great Swords and Arrows. Juggling people Devil May Cry style was a lot of fun.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I was really digging it until I realized Mass Effect 3 D-Day was two weeks away. It's a bit repetitive, but the core combat mechanics are an absolute blast. The writing also isn't quite up to the standard of the rest of the game. The actual plot is fine, but the dialogue(and the delivery of it) is decidedly meh, especially things away from the main quest. It's extremely enjoyable though. Love the bright, vibrant world. It's absolutely immense too.

I played around with the various weapon combinations, but I ended up settling on Great Swords and Arrows. Juggling people Devil May Cry style was a lot of fun.
I agree with you. But the world is amazing and the battles can be fun. I been rolling with longbow and daggers...i've always loved playing by "speed kills" lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I bought the first and have played the 2nd a lot. Any other games worth looking at?
I think UFC 3 is worth the money if you liked the other two games. I have only been doing career mode so far and it has been fun but frustrating since I haven't played the other 2 versions.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Borderlands 2 trailer looks sweeeeeeeeet.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needless to say I can't wait for ME3. I'm buying everything for it. Collectors edition, book, and anything else.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one see that RG3 got the cover for NCAA 13 ?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Any one see that RG3 got the cover for NCAA 13 ?
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T0vkfPH2ZcM

Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

another RG3 mention

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219528p1.html

Quote:
RG3 also wants to play video games. When I ask him what his favorite games are, he cites Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 -- not exactly games that cater to the casual crowd. When I push him a little to reveal any other nerdy tendencies, he laughs and says, "Man, I love the Lord of the Rings movies. Some people would say I'm weird for liking those types of movies, but they are so cool." He reveals the reason he is drawn to fantasy movies and video games: "'cause I will never get to experience anything like that, going out there with a sword and shield and fighting demons that don't exist."

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 bringing the awesome

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote