Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

pappanorm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 'Skins Up The Ante

The Washington Redskins have been rumored to be willing to offer as much as their #1, #2, and number #3 this year, and their #1 next year for the number #2 pick in this year's draft (from St. Louis), for the rights to select Robert Griffin III as their franchise quarterback. If this latest rumor is true then I think that my Browns are in deep doodoo. With Holmgren & Heckert being relatively new to Cleveland, I have no idea how they work or what their thinking could be. The 'Skins owner from what I understand is a gambler out to win. So where does that leave my Brownies?
pappanorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Skins are offering 1, 2, 3, and a future 1 for RG3, then I don't think you try to beat that offer. Go sign/trade for Matt Flynn or something, if you're the Browns.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the browns would still be in fine position. Now, I'm no expert on the state of the Browns, but in this scenario they could opt to take Richardson or Blackmon, OR with Claiborne/Kalil there, have a large market to trade down...or pick one of them as Claiborne and Haden would be a ridiculous young and talented CB duo. Wouldn't take Kalil, but would have a good market for him. But again, there'd be a great market for both so the browns could indeed move down. They could also make a strong push for a guy like Matt Flynn in free agency. With picks 22 and 37, they also have a great chance to grab a WR with either of those in such a deep class and another position of need (I'm no expert on the Browns, not sure of their main needs outside of playmakers on O and an upgrade over McCoy). I still think they're in fine shape. As a giants fan, I'd die on the inside seeing RG3 a skin...but if they give up that much than jesus, that might be worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It leaves us with Colt McCoy. Yeah, I'd like to have RGIII, but not at the cost of our entire draft. There's just not enough talent on this team to give up that much.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappanorm View Post
The Washington Redskins have been rumored to be willing to offer as much as their #1, #2, and number #3 this year, and their #1 next year for the number #2 pick in this year's draft (from St. Louis), for the rights to select Robert Griffin III as their franchise quarterback. If this latest rumor is true then I think that my Browns are in deep doodoo. With Holmgren & Heckert being relatively new to Cleveland, I have no idea how they work or what their thinking could be. The 'Skins owner from what I understand is a gambler out to win. So where does that leave my Brownies?
Do you have any type of link?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappanorm View Post
The 'Skins owner from what I understand is a gambler out to win.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think scotty hit it. Try to trade back a couple of picks and grab the best WR or maybe even a RT or RG and go after the WR at #22. Grab a Doug Martin/Lamar Miller at #37 and that's not a bad haul.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Yeah, I think scotty hit it. Try to trade back a couple of picks and grab the best WR or maybe even a RT or RG and go after the WR at #22. Grab a Doug Martin/Lamar Miller at #37 and that's not a bad haul.
if you guys move back a bit and come out with something like:
Decastro
Floyd
and Miller/Martin

that's a damn good haul, with a few extra picks scattered in there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude isn't trolling. Skins beat reporters and team source 'insiders' have stated that Bruce Allen and the Rams have been in negotiations for the #2 picks for several weeks already and will have a deal in principle before FA starts.

The deal has to be untouchable to prevent late players from getting into the bidding and trumping the SKins offer.

I know my team's owner is a nutcase and believes more money and trading draft picks can buy happiness.
Does Cleveland or Miami's FO feel the same way?

Nothing confirmed, but as they say in the intelligence world, the internet chatter in Redskins land is deafening.

If we hear on draft day that the Rams have traded the #2 pick to the Skins, the deal was done months ago.

The only caveat is that there was the same chatter about the Cutler deal, until it came down to which QB was considered more valuable in a trade to Denver; Jason Campbell or Kyle Orton??

Danny won't get burned like he did on that last deal.
I hope.;)
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's any way they can go into next season with Colt McCoy as the starter... unless they draft one of the 2nd tier guys, and have him bridge the gap until the rook is up to speed.

If the Browns came out with

4. Richardson
22. Glenn (As RT to replace Pashos)
37. Tannehill/Osweiler

I think that would be solid.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It leaves us with Colt McCoy. Yeah, I'd like to have RGIII, but not at the cost of our entire draft. There's just not enough talent on this team to give up that much.

True. Too many other needs to have to give up that much. I'd think twice though if Indy would take that for Luck.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if you guys move back a bit and come out with something like:
Decastro
Floyd
and Miller/Martin

that's a damn good haul, with a few extra picks scattered in there
I would love that draft.

fap fap fap fap fap
Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
I don't think there's any way they can go into next season with Colt McCoy as the starter... unless they draft one of the 2nd tier guys, and have him bridge the gap until the rook is up to speed.

If the Browns came out with

4. Richardson
22. Glenn (As RT to replace Pashos)
37. Tannehill/Osweiler

I think that would be solid.
Meh, I disagree with your evaluation of Colt. I'm not saying he's a franchise guy or anything, just that he's not as bad as you make him out to be.

Also, I think we are polar opposites in our preference of draft prospects. I do not like your "draft."
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love that draft.

fap fap fap fap fap
I agree completely. If they were to somehow able to nab Flynn, the Browns would be in great shape.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised the Skins wouldn't go the Manning route first, or at least test the waters before offering this much.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm surprised the Skins wouldn't go the Manning route first, or at least test the waters before offering this much.
This is the Redskins we're talking about though. Nothing should surprise anyone.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
If the Skins are offering 1, 2, 3, and a future 1 for RG3, then I don't think you try to beat that offer. Go sign/trade for Matt Flynn or something, if you're the Browns.
I believe Flynn is destined for Miami and it's been in the cards since Philbin went there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I believe Flynn is destined for Miami and it's been in the cards since Philbin went there.
I think Peyton to Miami. Flynn to Cleveland Or Seattle.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle didn't meet with RGIII. So maybe they want Flynn?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
I think Peyton to Miami. Flynn to Cleveland Or Seattle.
I think Peyton Manning and the offense that Joe Philbin will be importing from Green Bay are just a terrible match.

You hire Philbin as your HC because you want to run Mike McCarthy's offense. You bring in Peyton Manning as your QB because you want to run Peyton Manning's offense. They're not especially compatible.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Peyton Manning and the offense that Joe Philbin will be importing from Green Bay are just a terrible match.

You hire Philbin as your HC because you want to run Mike McCarthy's offense. You bring in Peyton Manning as your QB because you want to run Peyton Manning's offense. They're not especially compatible.
That's insulting to Peyton Manning. He can run any offensive co-ordinator's offense. I've seen the Colts spread people out just like GB does. He might be the smartest qb whomever played. And, he can't run Joe Philbin's offense?
Yeah, right.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
That's insulting to Peyton Manning. He can run any offensive co-ordinator's offense. I've seen the Colts spread people out just like GB does. He might be the smartest qb whomever played. And, he can't run Joe Philbin's offense?
Yeah, right.
Peyton Manning can run any offense he wants, he just doesn't want to learn a new offense in the last few years of his career. Professional quarterbacks aren't dumb, but they don't like to change course midstream (no professional athletes do.) Wherever Peyton Manning goes (and remember they have to sell him on going there, not the other way around), they're going to have to adapt to him, not the other way around.

It's not really different than how when Brett Favre went to the Jets, and the Vikings, those teams more or less abandoned their offensive identity and did what Favre wanted.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-26-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Seattle didn't meet with RGIII. So maybe they want Flynn?
General manager John Schneider also said that the team will not over-react at quarterback such as "giving up draft choices to go get somebody" or "guaranteeing somebody a ton of money that you're not quite sure is the guy that's going to get you over the hump."

That tells me they won't pay a ransom to move up in the draft for RG3 and they won't overpay someone who has started two NFL games in a system very different from their own. If teams want to over-pay for Flynn, it appears the Hawks won't be silly enough to go down that path.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

Quote:
Peyton Manning can run any offense he wants, he just doesn't want to learn a new offense in the last few years of his career. Professional quarterbacks aren't dumb, but they don't like to change course midstream (no professional athletes do.) Wherever Peyton Manning goes (and remember they have to sell him on going there, not the other way around), they're going to have to adapt to him, not the other way around.

It's not really different than how when Brett Favre went to the Jets, and the Vikings, those teams more or less abandoned their offensive identity and did what Favre wanted.

I'd rather have Peyton Manning running his offense with Philbin's assistance than Flynn. Miami hasn't put in that offense yet. Their players don't know it either. Isn't Philbin smart enough to think along with the greatest offensive we've ever seen play qb? And, I'm not a Colts fan in case anyone wants to know.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams would be dumb to pass that up even if the Browns offer both firsts this year. They need a bunch of talent and can still grab one of the premier players with a top 6 picks.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote