Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I doubt Newman sticks around. I think Jerry is just talking to be talking because I really don't see any way Newman sticks around. He played too horribly last year, and his contract is like the rent...it's too damn high.
I agree. All smoke screens.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry wants to start posting the taped combine interviews... Says its the future of combine coverage .
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...ing-to-sources

Hmmmm...
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Chiefs will be using the franchise tag on Bowe and snatched up Routt... looks like they are willing to let him ride the FA wave..
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know this won't be cheap, but I'm all for it. Then we can concentrate our efforts in the draft on the front seven.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Brockers?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thoughts on Brockers?
He's beefed up to over 320, sign me up. However, I don't know if he will drop to 14. I see Carolina taking him ahead of us. I could also see KC taking him as well. He's the kind of difference maker we need. His numbers last year weren't overwhelming, but they don't tell the entire story.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thoughts on Brockers?
No thanks. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole at 14. If I'm taking a defensive lineman early in the 1st I want him to be dominant. Brockers was pretty much invisible despite being on an absolute stacked defense.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
No thanks. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole at 14. If I'm taking a defensive lineman early in the 1st I want him to be dominant. Brockers was pretty much invisible despite being on an absolute stacked defense.
Virtually everyone disagrees w you.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Virtually everyone disagrees w you.
No LSU DL or LB please.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article on Carr is strange to me. Obviously I want him, but I just cant see this team competing in the fast lane until the interior O line is fixed. For the money he will cost, I want some new guards. And if I ever see a game again where the center cant get the ball to the quarter back four times, I may have to sell my television.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thoughts on Brockers?
Getting a lot of hype, but I like Devon Still just as much and people are sleeping on him right now. Just looked at the forum mock and he went Round 2. That's no way. Our posters are dumb. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Getting a lot of hype, but I like Devon Still just as much and people are sleeping on him right now. Just looked at the forum mock and he went Round 2. That's no way. Our posters are dumb. lol.
Agreed. Although it looks to be only on the forum xD. He's still rated 1 or 2 at DT depending on the sites opinion of Brockers. Our 1st rounder is probably going to fill a "need" so we need someone who can play this year. Not a super-raw project :(
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was posted in the NFL forum, but I'll post it here for you guys:

Quote:
Teams in Indianapolis fully Brandon Carr will end up a member of the Dallas Cowboys via free agency..
It's from Tony Pauline on twitter, who works for SI. Don't know how much validity there is, but it's a rumor with some type of substance.

I wouldn't mind the move obviously, but I'd much rather go with Nicks (who will probably be a bit cheaper) and Kirkpatrick at 14 than Carr and 2nd round guard. Unless we sign Carr, franchise/Re-sign spencer, and draft DeCastro. Now that would be fine.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
That article on Carr is strange to me. Obviously I want him, but I just cant see this team competing in the fast lane until the interior O line is fixed. For the money he will cost, I want some new guards. And if I ever see a game again where the center cant get the ball to the quarter back four times, I may have to sell my television.
I honestly feel we can address the IL in the draft.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Was posted in the NFL forum, but I'll post it here for you guys:

It's from Tony Pauline on twitter, who works for SI. Don't know how much validity there is, but it's a rumor with some type of substance.

I wouldn't mind the move obviously, but I'd much rather go with Nicks (who will probably be a bit cheaper) and Kirkpatrick at 14 than Carr and 2nd round guard. Unless we sign Carr, franchise/Re-sign spencer, and draft DeCastro. Now that would be fine.
Why is Carr mutually exclusive to Nicks?

Given what has been written we got space for two signings of note.

Wrong? Right?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I agree. All smoke screens.
Not sure why you would say that.

Jones has never followed a "logical plan" and given what was proposed it fits illogical.

Since the early 1990s, Jones has always sought to out smart the draft process and has usually come up empty.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Why is Carr mutually exclusive to Nicks?

Given what has been written we got space for two signings of note.

Wrong? Right?
We do, but I doubt we land them both. You think Jerry could manage that? He probably thinks we're fine the way we are...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We do, but I doubt we land them both. You think Jerry could manage that? He probably thinks we're fine the way we are...
Landing both of them would probably cripple us for a few years to come I'd think. Unless we can restructure some contracts now.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Landing both of them would probably cripple us for a few years to come I'd think. Unless we can restructure some contracts now.
Actually, not really. The cap is going to skyrocket next year. Plus, if there's one thing I do believe in with the Jones' it's Stephen Jones and his ability to manipulate the cap. He's brilliant with it. They won't do anything that puts our future in a tight situation. Now, the players they get is a different story... but they know how to handle the cap. We are never in a situation like the steelers are now, etc.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stephen Jones: “We don’t have enough talent to win on defense. We have to get better.”

While owner Jerry Jones believes the Cowboys have enough to compete for a Super Bowl, vice president Stephen Jones questions the personnel on defense where the team has finished among the worst in team history against the pass the past two years.

“Obviously we are not pleased with where we are on defense,” Stephen Jones said. “We got to get better over there. I don’t know that we got good enough talent to win over there. We have to improve it.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy
Someone gets it...*thumbs up*
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

^^^^ There is some sense in this world...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

If we sign a franchised player it will cost us our first round pick, correct? Do you guys see anyone out there that'd be worth a big contract and giving up our first round pick? Say a Calais Campbell?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
If we sign a franchised player it will cost us our first round pick, correct? Do you guys see anyone out there that'd be worth a big contract and giving up our first round pick? Say a Calais Campbell?
That's the transitional tag. If a player gets franchised he belongs to that team, no one can touch him.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's the transitional tag. If a player gets franchised he belongs to that team, no one can touch him.
Sorry, it's monday morning and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet. Moving along...cannot wait to watch the DL and LB's at the combine today.