Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
So if you have a vote to pick the leader who would you pick Rick or Shane?
I'd pick Rick based on my moral views. I have never been an "ends justify the means" type of person. I choose to view people positively until I have a chance to accurately judge them. That seems to be the person that Rick is. Will you live as long with him as the leader? I don't know. But I'd definitely respect myself more following Rick than Shane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd vote Shane. After 2 days of looking for that girl call it quits. No way she would be alive after that long. No lets keep looking. While Rick is a good guy he doesn't know when to call it. Like with this kid now,why the **** did you bring him to the farm? The guy was trying to kill you and now you want to save him. Should have 1) let the zombies get him 2) put a bullet in him. Now in the new ep. Rick and Shane almost die while trying to let the kid go and where did it get them no where cuz as it turns out the kid knows where the farm is anyway so they are gonna have to put in down at some point. If it where Shane the kid be dead already and everyone safe.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So if you have a vote to pick the leader who would you pick Rick or Shane?
Shane. I'm tired of the whole "omg do I lead or do I sit here and whine like a ***** about leading?" crap we have to deal with from Rick. Shane takes action.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Shane the leader before Rick found them? So what the hell made rick the leader anyway? His hat?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't Shane the leader before Rick found them? So what the hell made rick the leader anyway? His hat?
Rick doesn't even wear the hat anymore. He gave it to Carl. So Carl should be the new leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rolling with Rick as my leader. His good heart gets in the way sometimes, but imagine if you were with Shane always having to not only look over your shoulder for Walkers, but Shane himself. You could easily be in a similar situation like Otis.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Shane. I'm tired of the whole "omg do I lead or do I sit here and whine like a ***** about leading?" crap we have to deal with from Rick. Shane takes action.
This, and Shane doing what he did to Ottis for me at least was because Ottis wasn't apart of his own group and was the reason they had to go get meds to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gunna go ahead and agree with the "whoever is wearing the stupid hat is the leader" idea. Carl would be way smarter about leading this group than Rick.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This, and Shane doing what he did to Ottis for me at least was because Ottis wasn't apart of his own group and was the reason they had to go get meds to begin with.
This. If Rick was with him I don't see Shane shooting Rick in the leg.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're all in agreement that Carl as hat wearer is the leader
Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wish your comp was fixed. Now I want a sig of a picture of Carl, wearing the hat, with the chat bubble that says "FOLLOW MY LEAD AND I'LL TAKE YOU THERE" like Ray Lewis.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"And once again, as with almost every episode of this show, we end exactly where we began. The plot has not even inched forward. It runs shuffles in place."

http://videogum.com/481121/the-walki...how/tv/recaps/

These reviews are just right on the money every damn episode, I watch just so I can read these. I love how the kid knew where the barn was the whole time, instead of them asking him any questions like that they take a big useless trip out there for nothing, and the shane Rick drama still hasn't come to a conclusion. God damn the more I think about it, the more this show sucks.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still really like the show and hate you Jvig.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I still really like the show and hate you Jvig.
Haha I really hope that my hatred for this show has not led you to really hate me caddy, I wont know what to do with myself :(

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I especially love this quote:

Quote:
One of the main problems with this show besides the writing, wrinkled brows, Carl, and lack of actual zombies is the completely empty nature of the dramatic narrative moments because no one on this show ever actually dies unless they’re a side character that was just introduced for the sole purpose of dying. (See: Sophia. See: Otis. See: two dudes in a bar.) How will they get out of the thing we’re not even sure how they got into yet?!
No matter how bad it sucks I still find that I enjoy myself when it's on. Is it because I laugh a lot at some parts that aren't meant to be laughed at? Sure, but I still enjoy myself one way or another. And that is something.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
"And once again, as with almost every episode of this show, we end exactly where we began. The plot has not even inched forward. It runs shuffles in place."

These reviews are just right on the money every damn episode, I watch just so I can read these. I love how the kid knew where the barn was the whole time, instead of them asking him any questions like that they take a big useless trip out there for nothing, and the shane Rick drama still hasn't come to a conclusion. God damn the more I think about it, the more this show sucks.
Hahaha, that site is funny, thanks for the post.

Quote:
At one point, after they’ve been fighting forever, Shane says “get off me, man!” which is a very funny thing to say to someone who is trying to kill you and has been for the past five minutes. “Get off me, man.” Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize that you DIDN’T want me to sit on our chest and punch you in the face.

Last edited by redbills : 02-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha I really hope that my hatred for this show has not led you to really hate me caddy, I wont know what to do with myself :(
If I saw you in the street I'd stab you.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And then rub his blood on a fence so you could get away from the zombie horde?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If I saw you in the street I'd stab you.
And then you could hold me in your arms while stabbing me, watching my life fade from my sad dying eyes over a show you refuse to admit is pretty not good.

Also I liked when the guy pointed out how ******* dumb it was to rub your hand on a dirty rusty zombie infected fence haha.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I stopped reading the review a few sentences in. It's clear that article has an agenda. Does it even point anything that they liked about the episode?

There are things about The Walking Dead I don't like, but it also has a lot of good points to the show as well.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
And then you could hold me in your arms while stabbing me, watching my life fade from my sad dying eyes over a show you refuse to admit is pretty not good.

Also I liked when the guy pointed out how ******* dumb it was to rub your hand on a dirty rusty zombie infected fence haha.
I meant stab you in the bot bot with my peen.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I stopped reading the review a few sentences in. It's clear that article has an agenda. Does it even point anything that they liked about the episode?

There are things about The Walking Dead I don't like, but it also has a lot of good points to the show as well.
Im sorry but the show has far fewer genuine good things than the awful head scratching plot holes and character inconsistencies.

And thank you Caddy for clearing that up. My gf has been holding me in her arms for the past ten minutes while I cried after your last post.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Im sorry but the show has far fewer genuine good things than the awful head scratching plot holes and character inconsistencies.

And thank you Caddy for clearing that up. My gf has been holding me in her arms for the past ten minutes while I cried after your last post.
You'll continue to cry if I get my hands on you.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Then it would have been off the air by now and not garner so much attention as it has since it's inception. The expectations are high, so whenever there is a plot hole here or there, or the pacing isn't that great, fanboys and cynics come out and nitpick at every negative thing. That review listed every negative thing about the episode and show in general. I bet that person keeps watching the following week though.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Then it would have been off the air by now and not garner so much attention as it has since it's inception. The expectations are high, so whenever there is a plot hole here or there, or the pacing isn't that great, fanboys and cynics come out and nitpick at every negative thing. That review listed every negative thing about the episode and show in general. I bet that person keeps watching the following week though.
Just because a tv show gets its rating does not make it a good show, thats a terrible argument. If that were true TBBT would be the best tv show on, and it is easily one of the worst.

Quote: