Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of it is going to depend on Flynn/Manning. Both Cleveland and Miami have been linked to Flynn and Manning to the Redskins talk has been going on for the past few weeks.

I can't see the Redskins mortgaging the next two drafts for one player, they have been doing a good job building through the draft. I don't think Shannahan could survive another bad season so gambling on a rookie QB to come in right away and lead them to the playoffs would be a big risk.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He sure wasn't good last year, but Cleveland had problems throughout its offense. The running game fell apart and defenses didn't have to take it seriously, and his no. 1 wideout was a rookie, and a raw one at that. And you're talking about a second-year QB who doesn't have outstanding physical traits, but can make things happen with talent around him. I won't write off Colt yet, because I think he can have success in a team that's efficient and executes well. Kind of to the NFL what Kellen Moore was to college football. But I'll readily concede that if last year was what you're basing your opinion of Colt McCoy on, there's not a lot to be excited about.
This is pretty much how I feel. Colt did pretty much nothing to convince anyone last year, but traditionally QB's take time to develop and he was a 3rd Rd. pick for a reason.

I'd rather not give up what looks to be at least 3 top 40 picks and maybe more just to put a rookie in the same ****** situation.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, just look at the main "contributors" to this offense last year. I can't imagine RGIII doing significantly better with this supporting cast.

Greg Little - was raw and a year removed from football
Josh Cribbs - jack of all trades, probably an OK slot guy
Ben Watson - pretty decent when not concussed
Hillis/Hardesty/Ogbonnaya - Chris ******* Ogbonnaya was the best of the three last year
OL - Thomas, Mack, and three other guys not worth a ****
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You are a little more optomistic than me (which might be a first, haha), because I think the combination of Shannahan and Snyder is going to result in some crazy compensation that Holmgren/Heckert won't match. Blackmon might run a bad time and could drop down draft boards - but hoping that Blackmon lights it up is good for the Browns in any case, whether it be to make St.Louis fall in love with him or in the event that the Browns take him.
This is how I feel. I think Washington is going to put some ridiculous package together to get him, while Holmgren and Heckertt are smarted than mortgaging an entire future for one player.

I think the limit I would pay for the 2nd pick would be both firsts and a third next year with maybe a super late pick this year... Too hard to rationalize giving up anything more.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles trade: 1st, 2nd, 2nd(Ari), 4th, 6th, 2013 1st and 2013 4th for #2 overall and RG3!

CHAMPIONSHIP!
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
This is pretty much how I feel. Colt did pretty much nothing to convince anyone last year, but traditionally QB's take time to develop and he was a 3rd Rd. pick for a reason.

I'd rather not give up what looks to be at least 3 top 40 picks and maybe more just to put a rookie in the same ****** situation.
The Browns will never be anything until they replace McCoy. I probably wouldn't give up 3 picks either, but I wouldn't blame them if they did. They have nothing at QB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBirds25 View Post
Eagles trade: 1st, 2nd, 2nd(Ari), 4th, 6th, 2013 1st and 2013 4th for #2 overall and RG3!

CHAMPIONSHIP!
Trading away those picks also frees up cap room for the team to buy a set.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Browns will never be anything until they replace McCoy. I probably wouldn't give up 3 picks either, but I wouldn't blame them if they did. They have nothing at QB.
They could get to 8-8 with all of those picks!!!11! At this point, I'd take that!

But seriously, I'd rather get the talent at other positions now and pay the King's ransom for a QB next year. That's just how I prefer to build a team. Create a good situation, place a QB in said good situation, watch him thrive. I know some people don't agree with that philosophy, but it's so simple really ;)