1st Post/Rams Mock
Hey guys this is my first post here and thought Id do a quick rams mock and see what some real fans think, instead of the guys on the post dispatch forums. Just let me say that I am not going to try to fill all the needs of the team in one year and will also will try to upgrade positions based on the scheme Ive seen Fisher and his coordinators use.
Cortland Finnegan - Upgrades two positions, outside and nickel corner. I believe Bartell would play outside in nickel situations.
Jake Scott - Quietly had a good year for the Titans, I'm not sure that he'll be available though.
Leroy Hill - Has some pass rushing ability for Williams aggressive scheme and decent coverage ability. Also makes the Seahawks a weaker team, which is always fun to do.
Draft - Trade with the Browns and receive the 4th, 22nd, 36th and their 5th round pick. I think a bidding war drives the price up, I realize this is unlikely right now, but I'm trying and to predict the future which is hard to do.
4) Blackmon - I'm not worried about his 40 time, I've never seen him caught from behind and he runs beautiful routes. Great for a west coast offense.
22) Fletcher Cox - MSU lined him up in 1, 3, 5 and 7 techniques to create match up problems and almost always to the strong side. Great one gap UT as a rookie and has the potential to command two down the road.
33) Doug Martin - This kid runs hard and has experience pass blocking and running safety routes. Schotty used the two back set in NY.
36) Harrison Smith - Very disciplined player that didnt get beat deep in college and a solid tackler. Mikell plays free safety in Williams scheme because of his great range. This pushes both Dahl and Stewart to get better.
66) Ben Jones - Strong and smart center. I'm worried about his pass blocking but if hes flanked by Dahl and Scott this will make the middle of the line pretty solid.
96) Sean Spence/Mychael Kendricks - One of the other of these undersized but instinctive LBers. Both have potential in coverage and ST. I havent seen much tape on Spence, but I have on Kendricks and he is not a Mike in the NFL. He doesnt have the strength right now to take on NFL guards and most good FBs, but put him in at Will and the kid can make plays.
Rounds 5 - 7) Pretty much a crapshoot, hopefully some ST contributors.
Saffold and Smith stay at LT and RT. Schotty's WC offense gets the ball out quick and they are not exposed as much. Saffold was a rookie pro bowl reserve when he played in a WC, Smith restructures his contract and gets one more shot starting in the NFL. Brandon Lloyd I think goes to NE, Gibson may start at 2nd WR, but with Amendola healthy and Blackmon drawing coverage he consistently gets the weakest corner on the field covering him.
Like I said at the top, you cant fix everything in one year, but this was my best shot. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.