Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
With free agency starting a month from today, which of the Vikings free agents do you want to see us re-sign?

I'd like to see us keep Erin Henderson, Devin Aromashodu, and Husain Abdullah, and that's really it, maybe a couple other guys if they sign cheap just for depth, but nothing more than that.
I'd like to re-sign Erin Henderson, Hussain Abdullah, Letroy Guion, and Sage Rosenfels. Also would like to see Percy Harvin get a well deserved contract extension.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I can't commit to picking up the Vikings myself in the mock offseason, but if someone here does, I'd be more than willing to throw out a few ideas/be involved in some trade discussion. Whoever gets the gig, if you want (and I am by no means going to be offended if you choose not to), just PM me and I'll try to be of some assistance.
I have applied to be the Vikings GM, and I'd be more than willing to use you as an assistant type.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, over in the fantasy section BeerBaron is running a forum offseason, and I'm running the Vikings. We just finished up the first round of FA, and here's what I've done so far. I cut Steve Hutchinson, Anthony Herrera, and Cedric Griffin which saved just under $14 mil in cap space. I didn't want to cut Hutch, but I wasn't about to pay him $7 mil when we need to rebuild, especially when I needed cap space for FA.

I've since signed the following guys in FA: Tracy Porter, OJ Atogwe, and re-signed the following: Erin Henderson, Husain Abdullah, Devin Aromashodu, and Letroy Guion. I also have enough cap room left to sign "a Mid or two plus some Lows" and you can sign an unlimited number of veteran minimums. Not sure what I plan on doing with that cap space, but if you want to throw out some suggestions feel free to do so.

I tried going after the top and even second level WR: VJax, Bowe, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and Manningham, but they all signed elsewhere, despite me even overpaying for a couple of them. Oh well, I did get good secondary help which was a top priority and then re-signed our guys I wanted to bring back.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like what you have done so far, wish they could have gotten one of the WRs though. I don't think there is anything else I would look for in F/A. Now I would just sit back and put together a draft strategy. And getting those 2 DBs sets the draft up pretty well with 2 less glaring holes to fill.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you thinking for a starting MLB, since it looks like you didn't resign EJ?
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
What are you thinking for a starting MLB, since it looks like you didn't resign EJ?
I haven't quite decided yet, looking at what's left in FA and the fact that I've only got about $5 mil in cap space, I'm not sure if I want to go after a FA or take one in the mid rounds in the draft and pair him with Brinkley. I can pretty much tell you this, though, is that I'm almost positive that it'd be Erin and Greenway getting the snaps in the nickel at LB, and with the way things are right now that would be ~50% or better of the snaps anyway. Maybe just look at getting a short term run stopping type of veteran stopgap to fill that for a couple years for fairly cheap? I'm open to ideas, so if you have any please share them with me.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I'd actually look to move Greenway(my preference) or Erin to MLB. Then address OLB somewhere in the draft(probably the mid rounds).
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Just incase you guys have twitter, @VikingsPromos is giving away some Vikings stuff every work day during this offseason.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, over in the fantasy section BeerBaron is running a forum offseason, and I'm running the Vikings. We just finished up the first round of FA, and here's what I've done so far. I cut Steve Hutchinson, Anthony Herrera, and Cedric Griffin which saved just under $14 mil in cap space. I didn't want to cut Hutch, but I wasn't about to pay him $7 mil when we need to rebuild, especially when I needed cap space for FA.

I've since signed the following guys in FA: Tracy Porter, OJ Atogwe, and re-signed the following: Erin Henderson, Husain Abdullah, Devin Aromashodu, and Letroy Guion. I also have enough cap room left to sign "a Mid or two plus some Lows" and you can sign an unlimited number of veteran minimums. Not sure what I plan on doing with that cap space, but if you want to throw out some suggestions feel free to do so.

I tried going after the top and even second level WR: VJax, Bowe, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and Manningham, but they all signed elsewhere, despite me even overpaying for a couple of them. Oh well, I did get good secondary help which was a top priority and then re-signed our guys I wanted to bring back.
good luck! whenever i did these on cds' draft site the vikes never got any love... the winners usually turned their entire team around for namesake players and top end rooks. woohoo! put in tons of hours rebuilding the team and all sorts of bias when voting... never again! ;)
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like all those moves other than resigning Abullah. I ******* hate Abdullah.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I like all those moves other than resigning Abullah. I ******* hate Abdullah.
Haha. It was a low level deal and I don't mind him at strong safety and think he's a solid starter. He played well the first five weeks but then played through an injury before he went on the DL with concussion issues. He's surely better than Johnson and Sanford, which isn't saying much. Obviously it's far from a perfect fit for filling that hole, but I felt that it's better than what the other options were.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, an update on the forum mock. I signed Shaun Hill to be the 3rd QB and a mentor to Ponder and Webb. Draft just started, Kalil went to the Rams as their was problems with their trade partner submitting the deal, so they were given Kalil. I then traded down with the Redskins getting 6, 70(3rd rounder), and a 2013 2nd. I then took Reiff at 6 after Claiborne and Blackmon went 4 and 5. I own the following picks now: 35, 67, 70, 98(Comp), 101, 132(Comp), 140, 173, 208, 221, and 250(Comp). It's highly unlikely that I keep all those picks, and will probably try to move up at a couple spots in the draft.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
So, an update on the forum mock. I signed Shaun Hill to be the 3rd QB and a mentor to Ponder and Webb. Draft just started, Kalil went to the Rams as their was problems with their trade partner submitting the deal, so they were given Kalil. I then traded down with the Redskins getting 6, 70(3rd rounder), and a 2013 2nd. I then took Reiff at 6 after Claiborne and Blackmon went 4 and 5. I own the following picks now: 35, 67, 70, 98(Comp), 101, 132(Comp), 140, 173, 208, 221, and 250(Comp). It's highly unlikely that I keep all those picks, and will probably try to move up at a couple spots in the draft.
I really like that trade. I would say try and get either randle sanu or criner and spend the rest of the picks on DBs OL and a DT and that would be a hell of a draft

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, just swinging by to ask for an opinion. How did Steve Hutchinson look this year? I've been reading that he may be a cap casualty, and we have a pretty dire need at guard. I know he isn't what he used to be, but what would we get in return for a 2-3M/year deal?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Hey guys, just swinging by to ask for an opinion. How did Steve Hutchinson look this year? I've been reading that he may be a cap casualty, and we have a pretty dire need at guard. I know he isn't what he used to be, but what would we get in return for a 2-3M/year deal?
He was solid. It sounds bland, but that's by far the best way to describe him at this point is as a solid starter. He's been banged up seemingly constantly the past couple years and ended the season on IR with a concussion. He said earlier this offseason that he's planning on just playing out his contract, which only has one year left, and then retiring, but who knows, players constantly change their minds, especially if it comes from going to a contending team. Anyways, he was probably our best OL for the first few games before Sullivan got healthy and started playing really well and was then our 2nd best OL for the rest of the time he was on the field IMO. Not sure that's saying much, though as there isn't much along our OL. For 2-3 mil per year on a contending team he could be well worth it, as long as you're not asking for him to be your best OL or anything like that, but in Dallas he wouldn't have to be, so that could be a nice fit. Just plan on having something as a backup as he'll probably miss a couple games again.

Hope that helps...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig the offseason so far marshallb. Awesome second rounder, and good trade down. Shoring up that offensive line is a good move. Excited to see what you are gonna do in the third.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I dig the offseason so far marshallb. Awesome second rounder, and good trade down. Shoring up that offensive line is a good move. Excited to see what you are gonna do in the third.
The plan was to take Randle or Sanu at the top of the 2nd and then trade back up into the mid 2nd for Zeitler or Osemele, but once they were both taken right before my picks I decided to just make sure I get Zeitler. I've got a couple different guys I'm thinking of with the 3rd rounders I have. All kinda depends who goes in the next couple picks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

According to Tom Pelissero leslie frazier said the Vikings haven't talked about moving Greenway to MLB. Aswell he said that Erin Henderson is "probably best at the weakside linebacker".

Seems like will be looking at a MLBs in this draft.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also like what you have done with the forum mock, marshall.

Those are 2 of the more "non-flashy" picks that we could make, but seriously, they would make us a much better team for a long time.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I also like what you have done with the forum mock, marshall.

Those are 2 of the more "non-flashy" picks that we could make, but seriously, they would make us a much better team for a long time.
Thanks. I'm happy with how things have gone so far. Not quite according to how I had hoped for pre-draft, but I like how the board has played out for me overall.

Here's an update on what I've done so far and a bit of an explanation:

1.6(f/WAS): Reilly Reiff OT Iowa
2.35: Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
3.67: Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
3.70(f/WAS): Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
3.98(COMP): Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
4.101: James-Michael Johnson MLB Nevada
4.119(JAX): Trenton Robinson S Michigan State
4.132(COMP): Jarius Wright WR Arkansas

I didn't plan on taking a DT that early, but I felt like Thompson was a damn good value, and if I had gone elsewhere there it would have been Nick Toon who I was able to get pretty much a round later. I felt like Thompson was a bit of a steal and could easily have gone in the early to mid 2nd, but DT fell in this draft, although I would have taken Thompson over several of the DT that went before him. He's a good fit at NT for us and can start right away for us with Ballard and Ayodele rotating with him and Kevin to hopefully bring our run D back up to where it had been.

I'm a huge fan of Casey Hayward(have him as my #4 CB for us behind Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Jenkins) and despite adding Porter in FA you can never have enough CB and with Cook's situation you really have no idea how that's going to play out, and on top of that Winfield has at most a couple years left. I think Hayward is drastically underrated, especially around here and I'd be very happy if we could get him in the 3rd in the real draft.

I know a lot of you are not big fans of Toon, but with the last pick of the 3rd I felt like the value was very good, and the other WR who I was debating between were Wright who I was able to get a round later, Chris Givens who is still available, and Brian Quick who I like but we need someone who can contribute right away and I don't think he's ready for that coming from Appalachian State. Toon will never be a star, but can be a very good possession guy and a solid #2/very good #3 from the start.

After letting EJ go in FA and not signing anyone else, I needed a MLB, and the top MLB left was Johnson, who I haven't seen much of, but I like what I've read about him and it sounds like he can play right away against the run and has the athleticism to develop into an every down LB. He can battle Brinkley, who will be coming back from injury, for the starting spot in training camp.

After resigning Abdullah and adding Atogwe in FA, S wasn't as big of a need, so I wasn't forced to reach on one earlier and was able to snag Robinson at what I feel is a pretty good value in the mid 4th after trading up with Jacksonville(gave up a 5th and 6th). If I had taken a S earlier Robinson would likely have been the guy as Barron, Iloka, Martin, and Smith all went before I had the chance to as Barron went late first and the other three all went in the second. The plan would be that he'll backup Atogwe and Abdullah right away and eventually will move into the starting lineup.

After that I debated taking an OLB, but after Travis Lewis went shortly before my last pick, I opted to go with a guy who I felt was a damn good value in Wright and giving Ponder another weapon. My concern over taking him earlier instead of Toon was that I'm not sure that Wright can play on the outside for the majority of the time, and having Harvin who thrives in the slot already and not much for outside guys I didn't want to force a square peg into a round hole so to speak. With the rest of our needs filled pretty well though I felt like it was worth it to get another weapon for Ponder and someone with Wright's athleticism and potential was hard to pass up and in the end I couldn't do it. The way I see it, if the coaching staff continues to refuse to play Harvin every down(or damn close to it), Wright gives us someone else who can play in that spot instead of Aromashodu or Jenkins getting the snaps there, and when we'd go 4 wide having Wright and Harvin in the slot would be beast and Wright flat out just gives us another explosive player which we don't have nearly enough of, especially with Adrian's knee injury.

If you've got any suggestions on what I should do, please let me know as I'm not quite sure what I want to do. After trading our 5th and 6th, I don't pick again until the 7th and have three picks in that round including a comp pick. I've thought about trying to package the two 7ths and move into the 6th for a higher quality player, and may do that depending on who falls, but I'd also be content just waiting and taking whoever falls to me. I'd be surprised if anyone has read all of this, but if you did, thank you and hope you enjoyed my long, long explanation.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pleased with that offseason. The draft picks make sense, especially with you explaining them, and if this happened I'd be a happy Vikings fan. An o-line of Reiff/Johnson/Sullivan/Zeitler/Loadholt would have to be better than the current one (I forgot if you cut Hutchinson or not, feeling a little too lazy to go check, if you didn't, sub Hutchinson in for Johnson). Good work.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
I'd be pleased with that offseason. The draft picks make sense, especially with you explaining them, and if this happened I'd be a happy Vikings fan. An o-line of Reiff/Johnson/Sullivan/Zeitler/Loadholt would have to be better than the current one (I forgot if you cut Hutchinson or not, feeling a little too lazy to go check, if you didn't, sub Hutchinson in for Johnson). Good work.
Yea, I cut Hutch. Didn't feel it was worth it to pay him $7 mil, and we weren't able to restructure deals without just cutting them and signing them back cheaper, and he signed a deal higher than I would have went elsewhere anyways. I like the idea of Johnson inside at G. He struggles with speed off the edge, but he's a good run blocker and does well once he gets his hands on pass rushers.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

This isn't surprising, but the Vikings have informed Greg Camarilo that they aren't interested in re-signing him.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, we've finished up the draft in the forum mock, and will be doing a final round of FA and signing UDFA next. Not planning on doing much, but will bring in a few UDFA and maybe a couple veterans on vet min contracts.

Here's all of the draft picks:
1.6(f/WAS): Reilly Reiff OT Iowa
2.35: Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
3.67: Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
3.70(f/WAS): Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
3.98(COMP): Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
4.101: James-Michael Johnson MLB Nevada
4.119(JAX): Trenton Robinson S Michigan State
4.132(COMP): Jarius Wright WR Arkansas
7.208: Derek Dennis OG Temple
7.221(f/NE): Tyler Nielsen OLB Iowa
7.250(COMP): Beau Reliford TE Florida State

Since I last posted I drafted Dennis, Nielsen, and Reliford. The thought process behind those picks was: We needed OL depth, particularly on the inside and from what I've read, Dennis looks the part and moves like an NFL guard, which is about as much as you can ask for in the 7th round. We don't have much for OLB depth, so Nielsen can provide depth at both OLB spots and looks like he'll be a good ST if he'd make the roster. I was hoping to take George Bryan at the beginning of the 7th to take over Kleinsasser's role as the blocking TE, but he was taken at the very end of the 6th, so I settled for Reliford. He won't offer much in the way of receiving abilities, but he should be a good blocker. Also provides competition for Shuler and Reisner as the backup tight ends.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...thony-herrera/

Quote:
With free agency starting in three days, the Vikings apparently are clearing some cap space in the hopes of making a move or two.

Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the team will release guard Steve Hutchinson and guard Anthony Herrera.

Cutting Hutchinson, who was entering the final season of a seven-year, $49 million contract, avoids his base salary of $6.95 million. Herrera’s release clears another $2.65 million unpaid salary.

That equates to $9.6 million in cap space.

They may need to spend some of that money on a guard or two. Hutchinson started on the left side, and Herrera started on the right side.

Hutchinson was swiped from the Seahawks via a poison-pill offer when Mike Holmgren was the coach in Seattle and Brad Childress was the coach in Minnesota. They both now work for the Browns, and we’d be surprised if Hutchinson doesn’t end up there, too.
No big surprise here. I have hopes and dreams that they turn some of that additional 9 million in cap space into Nicks or Grubbs to be honest. Draft Kalil, move Charlie in to the other guard spot, & our o-line is in great shape sans injury!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote