Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all seriousness, I've seen Sanu anywhere from 28-40 in most places. Who else besides you two thought we had no shot of getting him at 32?

The homerism is funny and great, but let's be real now.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt he was an option at 32. A good time would've put him in the 20-25 range. Now that he's not, he's in the 30-40 range

there's absolutely 0 chance he falls to 64. He's still a top 50 pick. His talent and productivity is too much to overlook because of a bad 40 time. Depending on what we want, he really does fit. If we want Cruz to be a deep threat. Sanu is a #1 guy, with #1 hands, blocking ability, route running and work ethic. The speed isn't there, but on 3rd and 4, you line him and Nicks out wide and Cruz in the slot. How're you going to stop that (other than a draw to DJ Ware, but i digress)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything is possible, but I do agree the odds are really low that he falls that far.

No way Reese takes him at 32, and little chance Reese trades up. So unless he's at 64 he won't be wearing the NYG Blue.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
In all seriousness, I've seen Sanu anywhere from 28-40 in most places. Who else besides you two thought we had no shot of getting him at 32?

The homerism is funny and great, but let's be real now.
I honestly thought he would run a 4.5 or lower so that combined with his tape would have had him as a top 25-30 pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Anything is possible, but I do agree the odds are really low that he falls that far.

No way Reese takes him at 32, and little chance Reese trades up. So unless he's at 64 he won't be wearing the NYG Blue.
just curious, why is there "no way reese take him at 32"?

while I agree, Sanu in big blue is a long shot, I'm just curious to why you think there's no way reese takes him
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

while I agree, Sanu in big blue is a long shot, I'm just curious to why you think there's no way reese takes him
He has faith in JJ and Barden and he wants to take BPA which, sadly, won't be Sanu.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

Looking at this objectively (I could careless about Rutgers or Big East football; I have no biases) I see no way that Sanu is the best player available at 32. Reese is extremely strict on his BPA philosophy. He always stays true to it. Sanu is a solid early-mid 2nd round prospect. He is just not the athlete that warrants a first round pick. Guys like Hill and Randle are trending upwards, while Sanu, not so much, after the combine. Not only that but WR is just not a huge need at 32. Sanu at 32 just does not make any sense to me.

Is Sanu likely to be at 64, of course not, is plausible? I believe so. Manningham was projected to be a 2nd rounder (albeit he had horrible interviews and also a disappointing 40 time) but he fell all the way to the end of round 3.

The only way I will agree with the Sanu pick is at 64, or if Reese trades up in round 2, which we know is very unlikely.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

eh, i think people are taking too much stock in the combine, i've never been a big fan unless someone comes in REALLY out of shape or something etc. that's me on a personal thing, not just with sanu. maybe it's just me.

I just disagree on WR being a big need. I think it's our biggest need (with TE). We don't have a TE that can walk and we're losing our 3rd WR in FA. Our running game was putrid, we need a 3rd weapon on offense. there's no if's and's or but's about it
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu isn't a first round pick. I love Sanu just as much as the next guy, but with so many WRs in this draft, and his 4.65 40, you can't justify taking Sanu in the 1st anymore. It's just not a smart pick anymore.

Now if he's there with our 2nd, then absolutely. Now I know GF and Scotty think there's no way he's there, but I disagree. I think it's very possible he's there. He's slow. And there's a good 8 WRs in this draft that have 1st and 2nd round grades to them. So yeah, one of them will definitely fall, and I can see Sanu being one of those guys.

Hell, Mike Wallace fell to the 3rd round during the Nicks/Crabtree draft. This draft is just as deep, there's no reason to think that a very good WR won't be there at 64 for us. And it could be Sanu.

I have to check out this Hill guy. The measureables are making me drool. We need a deep threat guy bc having 3 guys who can go deep really makes our offense tick in this system. At 6 5" and a 4.3 40...yeah, I like that. I'll gladly take that. But of course, it all depends, combine numbers don't mean everything. So I'll see what I can find on the guy and make a better judgement of him based on what I see.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu with a 4.67 official. All the officials are slower than what they had first had up on TV. Hill, Benjamin, and Owusu all with a 4.36 official.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/#!/Giants/status/174600031024844800

What the hell! He open up the season on a Wednesday night this year...WEAK!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we play a ****** team for once to get things going? Please?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Can we play a ****** team for once to get things going? Please?
Like the Redskins this year. Or the Redskins the last time we opened? Or Carolina I think the year before.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Like the Redskins this year. Or the Redskins the last time we opened? Or Carolina I think the year before.
My guess is either the 49ers, Packers, Eagles or Cowboys. Maybe we get lucky and get Tampa Bay

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

According to Schefter, we open up on a Wednesday because Obama has a speech on Thursday night

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TB would be fine! I don't want another team like GB or the Saints.. Do we play the Saints again? It seems like every where we do. But give me someone easy to start things up.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a hard schedule this year. I hope they don't give us the Saints or Packers or Steelers or Ravens to start out the season.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We have a hard schedule this year. I hope they don't give us the Saints or Packers or Steelers or Ravens to start out the season.
Ravens are in Baltimore. But it could be any of the other 3. It will likely be one of them.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It will definitely be one of those 3. Packers making the most sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
TB would be fine! I don't want another team like GB or the Saints.. Do we play the Saints again? It seems like every where we do. But give me someone easy to start things up.
We play the NFC South, AFC North, Packers and 49ers along with the 6 games within the division

Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ravens are in Baltimore. But it could be any of the other 3. It will likely be one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It will definitely be one of those 3. Packers making the most sense.
I doubt we open up with inter-conference play. No way we open up with any of the AFC North teams

Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I know its VERY early, but a quick prediction for our schedule:
AFC North- Beat Cincy and Cleveland
NFC South- Beat Carolina, Tampa and one of NO or ATL
NFC East- 4-2 or 3-3
Packers and 49ers- Maybe we get one win, both teams will be playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulder.

Anywhere from 11-5 to 8-8, bout the same that we expected coming into this year. Lets hope we stop playing to the level of our lesser competition and show up every week on the road to a repeat. Going to be tough playing all 3 teams we played in the playoffs this year.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's going to be like 2008 all over again when we played 8 games in a row with teams over .500 and we won most of them. If Fewell continues to call the defense as he did during our run we should be able to get to 10.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's going to be like 2008 all over again when we played 8 games in a row with teams over .500 and we won most of them. If Fewell continues to call the defense as he did during our run we should be able to get to 10.
If we stay healthy too, which is always the biggest IF in football. We have the talent to win the Division again. If Fewell keeps it up like you said we will be in fine shape

Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

We are close to resigning Hixon and Bart Scott wants to play for the real NY team:
Quote:
he New York Jets reportedly have given starting linebacker Bart Scott permission to seek a trade. Scott’s agent told ESPNNewYork's Rich Cimini that the linebacker would go to the New York Giants "in a heartbeat."

Are the defending Super Bowl champions a good landing spot for Scott? Here are some thoughts:
  • I think this would be a good fit for Scott. It's well-documented that the Giants lacked linebacker depth this past season. A hard-nosed player like Scott would bring more toughness, depth and attitude to the group. For Scott, he doesn't have to go far. The Giants and Jets play in the same stadium, and the Giants also train closer to the Meadowlands.
  • But there is no reason for the Giants to help the Jets by giving up a late-round pick and taking on Scott’s $4.2 million salary. Scott, 31, experienced declining production in 2011. His 66 tackles were his lowest total in seven seasons. It's doubtful there will be much (or any) interest in Scott under his current contract. The Giants, if interested, can simply wait until Scott is released, negotiate a more reasonable contract and preserve a draft pick.
  • Either way, Scott’s return to the Jets appears unlikely. Having permission to seek a trade usually is the first step to parting ways. The team usually is trying to get a parting gift -- a draft pick or two -- on the way out the door. That seems unlikely for the Jets.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...it-with-giants