Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Discuss all Steelers for the 2012 season. It can range from draft, free agency, and the season.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know this is early but i am going to need some help with this so that is why i am throwing it out there now........i am wanting to try to get a Steelers group from here together to go to the draft this year and support our team, also i am wanting to get together for training camp and for all of us to pick a home game and get together and order tickets in a group, tailgate and live it up big this year.......what do you guys think?

here is who we play at home...of course the Ravens would be a great one to go to and prob. be on prime time, but any one that would want to go pick a team that you would like to go see the Steelers put a beat down on.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Last edited by steel man : 02-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I'm just not in love with Glenn's weight. At 350, he will easily be pushing 360+, the fat guys get out of shape easily.

I still think we might go OT first, one might fall, Martin.

My only concern on Poe is he has great HW, arm, bench. But I have yet to see him his tape to see if those triangle numbers back up his play. Its like whats Taylor from Baylor last year. The guy had good tape, but everyone questioned his #s, and consistent motor, but was always top 20 pick. With Poe he was a high second, low first, till the combine, now it seems he is a top 15 lock.

Reminds me of the guy from San Diego State, who could jump out of a pull and had great triangle numbers. Was unknown till youtube video and then got drafted in the third(?) round.
Glenn is a well-built 345! Even moreso than Carl Nicks (who he compares to favourably). I think anything from 340-360 will be acceptable playing weight for glenn...he has a naturally huge frame...his arms probably weigh 100lb lol. I wouldnt be worried about his weight dude!

And i kinda agree on Poe, the dude is a monster in workouts, and played well in the limited tape i have seen of him...but his play doesnt necessarily show off his athleticism, because it doesnt need to. Imo he is as close to Haloti Ngata as a prospect as i have seen, but if he will ever become that dominant player is a crapshoot. BOOM/BUST.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ngata wasnt exactly the ngata we see today when he played at oregon, if he was he would have went 1st overall imo, i think its more you get ngata or you get shaun rogers. big drop off but not terrible

glenns weight only would make him wear down faster than your average guard, but he carries it very well....id say hes a rich mans marcus cannon (who in his own right was a fringe first round guy before cancer) but glenn carries 350 in the least slob-like way possible
Old 02-28-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite late round corners performed well today. His name is Ron Brooks from LSU. Keep an eye on this kid. He's exactly what Willie Gai is, and he's a hell of a gunner on STs. He never got a chance to start at LSU, but he is athletic, has good ball skills, can tackle, but isn't the most feared, can blitz well, and has good upside.

I might include him in my mock because I believe he's going to be a good player. He's one of three late round corners that I like.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Hines getting the axe, and I am assuming Hampton is next, how much room does that clear up?

I'm sure we are going to bring Cotchery back. With Hines gone, might come back at TC for vet min, we have Wallace?, Brown, and Sanders under contract.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ward gone.

Farrior next apparently.

Sad times, always been a massive fan of both, but it is the right time :|
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the NT for this year, I just can't love either any. Next years guys off of just measurable, class seems much stronger.

This year there are like 2 guys who are draft able pure NTs, lot of UDFA type of guys with the body.

I hope we somehow land Decostao or even Martin, I know OT is not a dire need, but why not if he is there for us.

Also anyone see what Colbert said about Dwyer's weight issues? Won't be surprised if we draft a rb in this draft. Lot of value in the middle rounds.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Martin is pretty average...i wouldnt touch him in the first.

There is a few NT's i like in this draft, but i wouldnt reach for any of them...

Alameda Ta'amu, Brandon Thompson, Mike Martin(ish), Josh Chapman and Hebron Fangupo.

I'm not sure if any of them would have a big impact next season, so we better hope Hood/McLendon or a FA can fill the gap in the mean time!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I feel like if we can't get a FA to sign, or a great NT. We might end up drafting a 5 tech, plenty of them in this draft and bump Hood over.

Then again probably not. tahts a terrible idea draft more 5 techs.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm hurt by the release of Hines.
this is a sad day.
One of the best Steelers ever!

I can see a couple things with this move. It seems like we would've at least givin him the chance to take a pay cut, since hes been a bad ass and can still somewhat produce, at least mentor the young WRs.
But since we didnt it makes me think were targeting a big WR in the draft, someone that would get/need playing time to develop. And that Hines would be taking that spot?

Its either that or they thought he sucks and want nothing to do with him? Right?....and no way is it that.

(all of this is assuming we don't resign him at vet min.)
Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
i'm hurt by the release of Hines.
this is a sad day.
One of the best Steelers ever!

I can see a couple things with this move. It seems like we would've at least givin him the chance to take a pay cut, since hes been a bad ass and can still somewhat produce, at least mentor the young WRs.
But since we didnt it makes me think were targeting a big WR in the draft, someone that would get/need playing time to develop. And that Hines would be taking that spot?

Its either that or they thought he sucks and want nothing to do with him? Right?....and no way is it that.

(all of this is assuming we don't resign him at vet min.)
I think we take WR later in the draft, assuming we re-sign Wallace.

I'm guessing Ward retires. Sad day but we knew it would happen eventually. Hines was one of the greatest Steelers ever regardless of position. He will be missed.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

He is not going to retire. At least now according to his facebook post.

Hmmm developmental WR, when we have so many bigger needs I think not.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't want to waste the spot on Hines when they know his career is on the downside. Better to keep a young body that shows some potential in camp if they're not going to dress anyway.

This team likely has some more cuts or retirements coming up. I would expect Smith to be cut, and hopefully Kemo as well. Hampton is another guys can see getting tossed out, but there really isn't anything behind him at NT. I'd love to land Poe but who knows if he'll be ready to play day 1, seems no one is ever ready to make an impact on our defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a WR late or even the mid-rounds. They could use a bigger body and red zone threat.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

I would HATE it if we lose Wallce in free-agency, then draft a WR in round 1 or 2. There is not much WR talent i like in this draft...i like Jeffrey a lot, but he a completely differer kind of player, he wouldnt clear the coverage away and allow AB and Sanders to do their thing. It would be a log-jam of quick but small recievers; Ab and Sanders...and stronger possession recievers; Cotchery and Jeffrey.

If we did end up with two 1st round picks, who would you want to land?

i would personally want, Hightower and Glenn.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think we should worry about losing Wallace. Even if we do, and I would hate it, I'd gladly take the two first rounders in return. WRs are dime and a dozen.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Aaron Smith has been cut.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys - new to the forum so bare with me. But a die hard Steeler fan so I think I can bring some fire in here.

First off - Hines... yes WR's are a dime a dozen to a certain extent. There are a lot of mediocre #2 and average slot guys that can be had in every draft in round 3-5. HOWEVER - deep threats like wallace are certainly not a dime a dozen. Wallace is as good a deep threat as anyone in the NFL and we are NOT going to be able ot easily replace what he does for the team with the #30 or #31 pick.

Second off - seems like there's a lot of love for Mike Adams from you guys. I suspect this is from the recent hype at the Senior Bowl and by looking at his size. As a hardcore Buckeye fan who has watched every single one of his games over the past 4 years and all but 1 of the home games in person I can tell you this. The man is soft. He is a good pass protector but he got absolutely DESTROYED by Ryan Kerrigan 2 straight seasons. JJ Watt also ate his lunch. Were these two premier DE's in the NCAA, without a doubt, but that's what you face every week in the nfl. That's not the most frustrating part about him; that goes to his run blocking. For such a monster of a human being you think he'd dominate in this facet. Nope. Mike Adams catches people when he blocks, he doesn't maul them.

There's also character concerns. They go beyong just free tattoos. He said he "needed the money" from selling his gear to travel to Western PA to see his extended family. This is a blatant lie by Adams - he is from Dublin, one of the richest suburbs in Columbus. If you could see the house he grew up in you'd know all he had to do was ask his parents for cash and it would've been there. My bigger chracter concern is the man is not disciplined in the weight room and that is obvious. He didn't slim down or get noticably stronger during his time at Ohio State and this culminated with a pathetic 19 reps at the combine. Not going to overpower ANYONE in the nfl with that lack of strength. If I had to make a prospect comparison to Adams I'd go with Alex Barron. And Adams is a poor man's Barron. I think we can get better than that at 24.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Mike Adams mike Starks 2.0? hahah
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kemoeatu has also been cut today.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Expect Farrior to be next.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Chris Kemoeatu has also been cut today.

Celebrate!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Man, I don't know what I want to do. There are too many MLB's in next year's class that I love more than this year's. I mean I wouldn't mind Hightower at all in the first and then go with a S next year, but ugh.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think this year we can slide by. with Timmons, Foote/Slyvester combo, Ivry? I'm more worried about lack of depth on the outside.

This is for sure going to be a down year for our defence, or at least it is looking like it.