Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default David Molk: "I’m the Best Center in the Draft"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-say-im-not/

Chapter one of his new book, "I Swear I'm Humble Jack Ass"

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BAHAHAHAHAHA another stuck up kid from that program? No way. I don't believe it.

Wait he thinks he's smarter than everyone else too? Color me shocked...

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure if swag or little man syndrome.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHA another stuck up kid from that program? No way. I don't believe it.

Wait he thinks he's smarter than everyone else too? Color me shocked...
Eh, not fair to label the program. Mike Martin seems like a really good, humble guy. Molk, maybe not so much, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Eh, not fair to label the program. Mike Martin seems like a really good, humble guy. Molk, maybe not so much, lol.
Maybe not the program, I have no problem labeling the school as a whole though (I know right, shocking that a Buckeye fan is saying this).

I live in CT and I can't stand all the smug douche-bags that came from that school who live here.

Their football arguments go as follows:
1. We have a better overall record

(Counter with 8 out of the last 10)

2. Oh yea? Well we are smarter (paraphrasing; usually some BS about their business program)

/end reasonable football discussion

but to be on topic, the guy does deserve some credit and certainly has made an argument for being a top 100 player in my mind. This, however, will hurt him a bit IMO

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 02-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd gladly take him on my team. He plays as nasty as he talks and it's exactly what I want from an OLineman.

Is it stupid? yes, you shouldn't put it out there like that, but you should believe that about yourself.
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its just a rougher around the edges version of things Griffin has been saying about the competition between him and Luck.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I think it's good to believe your the best, and you say so in a matter-of-fact manner when asked in INTERVIEWS.

However, I think it's a completely different animal when you start trash talking your competition and it goes a little past a matter-of-fact mannerism when you say it's stupid to think otherwise.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I think it's good to believe your the best, and you say so in a matter-of-fact manner when asked in INTERVIEWS.

However, I think it's a completely different animal when you start trash talking your competition and it goes a little past a matter-of-fact mannerism when you say it's stupid to think otherwise.
Exactly what I was trying to say.
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying, something like "There's a lot of great guys out there, but I think I'm the best center in this draft" is a lot different than saying, "He is nowhere near me as a player."

Like it or not, almost everything is about perceptions. The first comment would be perceived as confidence, the other shows arrogance and unnecessarily belittles someone else.

Post 666 - fitting that it is referencing the comments of a Wolverine. :)
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this is fitting given the discussion we were having in the combine thread about Molk vs. Brewster this weekend haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he did downtalk a Ohio State player, that could be a little bit of the reason he said that about Brewster.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
niiice
Rookie

niiice hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Molk is the man, he really doesn't give a damn.
niiice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean he did win the best center award, and so did AQ shipley so.....
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh noes . . . I really wish he would say things a little nicer.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Molk
6-1, 298

Peter Konz
6-5, 314

That is why people like Konz more and they should, it is hard for a center the size of Molk to succeed in the NFL. It can be done but a safer bet is the bigger center who is arguably just as athletic and gifted skill wise on the field.

Molk can talk all he wants, and really he is probably just trying to sell his book. But simply put he is a good player, not the best in this draft, period.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Oh noes . . . I really wish he would say things a little nicer.
Yeah, it seems stupid, but unless he's a super star, teams don't want to deal with that kind of ********.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which defensive linemen quit against him?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
David Molk
6-1, 298

Peter Konz
6-5, 314

That is why people like Konz more and they should, it is hard for a center the size of Molk to succeed in the NFL. It can be done but a safer bet is the bigger center who is arguably just as athletic and gifted skill wise on the field.

Molk can talk all he wants, and really he is probably just trying to sell his book. But simply put he is a good player, not the best in this draft, period.

Yeah well, Molk's over twice as strong as the bigger Konz. So, what's your point? Molk does everything very, very good at Center and has been one of the best Center's in the country for the last couple of years.

Trust me no GM, Scout, or anyone with a brain will drop a kids ranking because he's confident and lets people know. That's absolutely stupid(not directed at you but a previous post). If anything, teams love a kid with confidence and isn't afraid to let people know it. Could you see a guy like JHarbaugh being disappointed in a kid for showing that sort of confidence proudly? Lol -- almost comical people think that's how the NFL works.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's both their girths look? I don;t mean dick girth either, you guys is nasty.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah well, Molk's over twice as strong as the bigger Konz. So, what's your point? Molk does everything very, very good at Center and has been one of the best Center's in the country for the last couple of years.

Trust me no GM, Scout, or anyone with a brain will drop a kids ranking because he's confident and lets people know. That's absolutely stupid(not directed at you but a previous post). If anything, teams love a kid with confidence and isn't afraid to let people know it. Could you see a guy like JHarbaugh being disappointed in a kid for showing that sort of confidence proudly? Lol -- almost comical people think that's how the NFL works.
Freaking A man, so by that logic is Amos Zereoue one of the strongest on the field running backs in NFL history? He benched 470 pounds at what 5-10 200 pounds?

Just because one benches well does not mean they are that strong on the field. Just like with the 40, one can get proper coaching and work their way into becoming a good 40 runner, or good at benching 225 pounds. Like I said in another post, it has more to do with your body type and arm length than your flat out strength. DT Stephen Paea who I liked coming out of Oregon State benched 225 49 times, a combine record and could barely see the field last year for the Bears.

It is all about what teams are asking the center to do in the offense, and I just think Konz can provide more and in my opinion he played better on the field than Molk did anyways last year. That is why Konz is the projected 1st rounder, not Molk.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

molks over twice as strong as konz lmao....ridiculous statement. if only the world really worked like that. i can out bench jared allens mean 13 reps, somehow i think hes a bit stronger than me though
Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Molk played plenty tough on the field and there was never any issues with him being soft or any of the like. Don't get so defensive of your sweetheart Konz.

Fact is -- Molk can easily turn out to be the best Center in this draft when it's all said and done and I doubt anyone would be surprised.

Oh -- btw, since you wanted to point out how "small" he is -- he's just as big as plenty of the top Centers in the league:

Nick Mangold: 300lbs
Alex Mack: 307lbs
Ryan Kalil: 299lbs
Scott Wells: 300lbs

Hell Jeff Saturday only played around 296-300lbs somewhere in there. Molk doesn't have size issues, doesn't have strength issues, doesn't have athleticism issues, and doesn't "play soft". His stock was low because people thought he was too small and now, he has proven he's not so, we'll see where he goes.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
molks over twice as strong as konz lmao....ridiculous statement. if only the world really worked like that. i can out bench jared allens mean 13 reps, somehow i think hes a bit stronger than me though
Make an argument for Konz being stronger than Molk ...... starting ..... now! GO!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th30ry View Post
I'd gladly take him on my team. He plays as nasty as he talks and it's exactly what I want from an OLineman.

Is it stupid? yes, you shouldn't put it out there like that, but you should believe that about yourself.
+1

He's not a bad prospect at all....Just not a first rounder...and he might be if he was bigger.