Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will cry tears of joy.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I will cry tears of joy.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

OT: Colt Brennan signed with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders today. I'll be interested to see if he sticks.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
OT: Colt Brennan signed with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders today. I'll be interested to see if he sticks.
yup haha, thats where i live so im definitely going to try and see if still has some redskins connections and hook me up.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
that is awesome! i will definitely be following him as much as i can remember!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
How does everyone feel about the proposed rumor of trading our 1,2,3 in 2012 and 1 in 2013?

At this point, if that will secure the #2 pick I say go for it.

If the Browns offer their 4th,22nd and their 2nd rounder, the Redskins might have to include their 2013 2nd also.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
If the Browns offer their 4th,22nd and their 2nd rounder, the Redskins might have to include their 2013 2nd also.
I'm 95% sure they Browns aren't trading up.

They don't want to use their 2nd 1st to trade up. They have too many holes to fill, and they can get a WR and RB taken care of in the first round.

I think they'll send a 2nd to Green Bay for Matt Flynn when it's all said and done.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Flynn is UFA they won't have to send anything to GB. I am pretty sure the Packers are going to let Flynn go via FA.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
If Flynn is UFA they won't have to send anything to GB. I am pretty sure the Packers are going to let Flynn go via FA.
i wouldnt be so sure of this quite yet. i would not at all be surprised if they franchised and traded him.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i wouldnt be so sure of this quite yet. i would not at all be surprised if they franchised and traded him.
Bingo.

Packers want to tag him, but are scared that if they do, the trade won't work out, and they'll be stuck with a backup QB making nearly twice as much as Aaron Rodgers.

So, if they do tag Flynn, I'd expect a trade to follow.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree but from what I have heard it seems Green Bay is content with letting Flynn leave as a free agent. I believe Franchise tags have to be applied by monday so we have a few days to see how this works out.

If Green Bay lets Flynn go I am sure they will draft a QB fairly early to develop to sit behind Rodgers. I can't wait for FA to start - Wherever Manning/Flynn don't end up is more than likely the team that will trade up for Griffin.

I think Flynn's logical landing spots are Cleveland - run a WCO, Miami - Philbin's obvious ties to Green Bay and Seattle - Tavaris Jackson isn't the answer and Seahawks brass is on the record stating they want to upgrade the position
Manning - Washington - whispers are that Reggie Wayne/Manning could be a package deal and the skins are looking to sign a FA WR. NYJ - Both Tannenbaum and Ryan have been open with the idea of bringing Manning onboard. Miami - they need stability/star power at the position.

The only two teams that really have much firepower to trade up to number 2 are Cleveland and Washington IMO. Of course the whole mystery team willing to trade up theory is also in play.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the Colts decision to cut Manning is coming up soon so we should start to see some things happening.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Yea the Colts decision to cut Manning is coming up soon so we should start to see some things happening.
They're going to cut him.

I will be STUNNNNNNNNNNNNNED if it doesn't happen. To put it in perspective, I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Peyton being a Colt March 9th.

If the Browns SOMEHOW get Matt Flynn, via trade OR free agency, I think 100% Griffin's a Redskin April 26th.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greetings Redskins fans! I come in peace!!!

I was just wondering what the talk around D.C. is regarding the possible trade with the Rams for RGIII. In St. Louis they are carrying on that it is a foregone conclusion that a trade will happen; most people think that the Redskins are the most likely trading partner.

To clarify, I have been reading a lot of articles online from St. Louis newspapers. I live in Seattle.

I have heard that it will take as much as this year's #1, #2 and #3 and next year's #1 and #2, and as little as this year's #1 and #2 and next year's #1. My guess is that, if a deal is struck, it will probably be somewhere in between.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Greetings Redskins fans! I come in peace!!!

I was just wondering what the talk around D.C. is regarding the possible trade with the Rams for RGIII. In St. Louis they are carrying on that it is a foregone conclusion that a trade will happen; most people think that the Redskins are the most likely trading partner.

To clarify, I have been reading a lot of articles online from St. Louis newspapers. I live in Seattle.

I have heard that it will take as much as this year's #1, #2 and #3 and next year's #1 and #2, and as little as this year's #1 and #2 and next year's #1. My guess is that, if a deal is struck, it will probably be somewhere in between.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
It's like this:

If Robert Griffin III isn't a Washington Redskin come April 26th, fans will burn Redskins park down.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpowned View Post
It's like this:

If Robert Griffin III isn't a Washington Redskin come April 26th, fans will burn Redskins park down.
I'm guessing it has teeth then!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I'm guessing it has teeth then!

Oh yes..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

What are you hearing as far as the trade details? Mike Jones is reporting that it will include at least two #1's and possibly a #2 or #3, as well as maybe a later round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...7fb/Seeing-red
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that sounds about right. I think the rumor'd deal from a week ago was #1,2,3 2012 and #1 2013.

At this point, anything other than RG3 is unacceptable for this franchise
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

being perfectly honest, i think that the deal is going to end up being less than the current "rumors" but still obviously more than what any value chart would display. my "guess" as to where it ends up is 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, 2012 4th, 2013 1st.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

I'm not sure what they'll give up, but you can rest assured that it will be 2 first round picks, which should be known.

If they can hang on to their 2nd round pick this year somehow, man, I will be THRILLED!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way we will keep that 2nd rounder this year if we move up. The only way we don't give it up is if we give them a 2nd rounder in 2013.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

If they gave up 1st this year, 3rd, both 4ths this year, 1st and 5th next year, I will be ecstatic.

If you remember, they took the 41st overall pick last year acquired from trading down with the Jags and turned it into 5 or 6 more players.

If they could do that again..it makes trading up to #2 pure genius.

I know it's a long shot, but not impossible.

Last edited by Orakpowned : 03-04-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

The article that i read this weekend (can't remember exactly where) said that the Browns were not willing to give both of their 1st this year and that the Skins were offering this year and next years first with other picks but were not willing to include this years 2nd. Well see.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
The article that i read this weekend (can't remember exactly where) said that the Browns were not willing to give both of their 1st this year and that the Skins were offering this year and next years first with other picks but were not willing to include this years 2nd. Well see.
http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...rst-round.html
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote