Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Turbin would be a very nice pick in the 3rd.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
He can't win a playoff game, he does not deserve a raise. We have enough talent to win a wildcard without him at QB.

Agreed on him needing to improve his playoff performace, but he's a pretty damn good QB. Extending him also frees up more money for this year's free agency.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said a few weeks ago I can see Turbin being the best back in this class outside of Richardson.

I like...

1. Richardson
2. Martin
3. Turbin
4. Miller
5. Wilson

The five backs I would take in the first two rounds.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I said a few weeks ago I can see Turbin being the best back in this class outside of Richardson.

I like...

1. Richardson
2. Martin
3. Turbin
4. Miller
5. Wilson

The five backs I would take in the first two rounds.
I understand Turner isn't great, but we just have too many needs for a luxury pick like RB that early. Let's see how Jacquizz Rodgers progresses then possibly grab a back next season.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, I was just making a comment.

Let's sign Mario and then make a blockbuster for Dontari Poe.

Championships.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are working really hard to get Grimes back and it's extremely likely that we succeed.

The issue I have is that Grimes will be 29 before the start of this year and he pretty much only uses athleticism to play the position. I hope we don't sign him for too long but I can't say I'll be upset to see him come back.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Curtis Lofton go. I think that could be one of the reasons we re-signed Nicholas and still drafted a LB in the 3rd round last year.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
We are working really hard to get Grimes back and it's extremely likely that we succeed.

The issue I have is that Grimes will be 29 before the start of this year and he pretty much only uses athleticism to play the position. I hope we don't sign him for too long but I can't say I'll be upset to see him come back.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Curtis Lofton go. I think that could be one of the reasons we re-signed Nicholas and still drafted a LB in the 3rd round last year.
Letting Lofton go would be a bigtime mistake.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Letting Lofton go would be a bigtime mistake.
Drop Grimes and keep Lofton.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lofton's a goner. I'd guess Grimes gets the tag.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

As much as I love Lofton, he isn't worth 7-8 million a year as a two-down player. He'll be missed, should be interesting to see how Akeem Dent does.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
As much as I love Lofton, he isn't worth 7-8 million a year as a two-down player. He'll be missed, should be interesting to see how Akeem Dent does.

^. Although, if Crowder comes cheap, I could see Nolan bringing his guy in.

It certainly would be a good time for at the time "depth/future" picks like Dent and Mike Johnson to step in and play at a solid level so we can spend elsewhere.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

It has also been reported that we're bringing Kroy back.

Immediate thought is that we're going to overvalue him and bring him back for familiarity (ala Nicholas). But I suppose it's very plausible Nolan could value him as a pass rusher.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kroy, glad we are bringing him back. I think he would benefit from a 3-4 if we go there more often this year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were seriously considering the 3-4, Wed def let Grimes go and keep Lofton. I also would feel we somehow magically would have to land Dontari Poe. However that happens.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
If we were seriously considering the 3-4, Wed def let Grimes go and keep Lofton. I also would feel we somehow magically would have to land Dontari Poe. However that happens.
I'm not saying we are gonna move to a 3-4 now, but I'm pretty sure from everything I read about what Mike Nolan said at this point, we are definitely going to run some 3-4 in the near future.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was keeping my eye on Grimes to see what the Falcons were going to do, are you guys happy that they tagged him now? I was sort of hoping he'd hit the free agent market, I think the guy can flat play and would have been a major commodity on the open market. Do you think that Atlanta is going to try to work out a deal while he's on his tag?

Oh Linky:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2012/03/tag-grimes-is-it/
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes get the franchise tag
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm pleased. Grimes is a top 10 CB. Let's see how he does in Nolan's new defense. Say goodbye to Abraham and Lofton.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pleased. Grimes is a top 10 CB. Let's see how he does in Nolan's new defense. Say goodbye to Abraham and Lofton.
Wow, with Abraham gone who do the Falcons have to rush the passer, I didn't hear much of anything about Ray Edwards, was he impressive enough to allow a quality pass rusher like John Abraham go?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th30ry View Post
Wow, with Abraham gone who do the Falcons have to rush the passer, I didn't hear much of anything about Ray Edwards, was he impressive enough to allow a quality pass rusher like John Abraham go?
Ray Edwards is average at best. Problem is, Abraham wants top defensive end money, and we're not going to give that to someone at the end of their career. We'll stay active in free agency and will probably try to sign guys like Mario Williams and Robert Mathis. We'll also most likely draft a DE with one of our top picks. The team apparently also really likes rotational end Lawrence Sidbury.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Quote:
Ray Edwards is average at best. Problem is, Abraham wants top defensive end money, and we're not going to give that to someone at the end of their career. We'll stay active in free agency and will probably try to sign guys like Mario Williams and Robert Mathis. We'll also most likely draft a DE with one of our top picks. The team apparently also really likes rotational end Lawrence Sidbury.
Personally I prefer to keep the pass rushers and let them help the cover guys, but I guess it can work both ways, I like defense inside out front to back, seems like the idea here may be outside in back to front. I think both can work, I guess Atlanta will just have to hope for the best. The lack of pass rush seemed to be the weakest thing I've seen from them in the last couple of years in the playoffs elite QBs not getting pressured ends up getting a secondary owned.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Stop coming back you dumbass. Leave and stay away. I can track your IP you idiot.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I was keeping my eye on Grimes to see what the Falcons were going to do, are you guys happy that they tagged him now? I was sort of hoping he'd hit the free agent market, I think the guy can flat play and would have been a major commodity on the open market. Do you think that Atlanta is going to try to work out a deal while he's on his tag?

Oh Linky:

You are such a loser.

Quote:
Interested to see how he does too. I'm also surprised we're talking long term deal. Brent Grimes is a good football player and would be in any system. I'm just not sure he's great anymore if we aren't a heavy zone team. I figured we'd tag him, evaluate his play, and talk deal after the season.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...franchise-tag/
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

My brother talks to Matt Ryan all the time, so I asked him to see if they will be bringing Lofton back.

Matty's response: "I'm pretty sure Lofton is coming back. I talked to him recently and he's excited about the new defensive coordinator and he really wants to stay in Atlanta. I think the front office will be negotiating with him pretty soon. I doubt they let him walk."

Quote:
we all hate you