Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seasonal work is a fun job that is a move around type job.The type of seasonal work I do is working in or around National Parks across the west mostly.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also want to say...I absolutely hate having to do customer service. People are stupid.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the topic of jobs, tell me if I'm a dick for doing this.

I am starting a new position at my work on Tuesday. It's a lateral move and I didn't choose to change positions, they just told me I was moving. I'm not mad about it at all, I like doing new things. But I want to leave Huntsville, AL and return to Florida so I've been applying for jobs. I have a very good chance of getting one which will probably start in May but I'm not telling anyone I work with that I am leaving. Is it a dick move for me allow them to move my position, train me for my new position and not tell them that there is a very good chance that I will be leaving in three months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

I am starting a new position at my work on Tuesday. It's a lateral move and I didn't choose to change positions, they just told me I was moving. I'm not mad about it at all, I like doing new things. But I want to leave Huntsville, AL and return to Florida so I've been applying for jobs. I have a very good chance of getting one which will probably start in May but I'm not telling anyone I work with that I am leaving. Is it a dick move for me allow them to move my position, train me for my new position and not tell them that there is a very good chance that I will be leaving in three months?
No, do whats best for you. If you feel the need to, you can request that you're not moved bc you like your current position, but if they push you somewhere else then who cares? It's your prerogative to leave.

I should *fingers crossed* have big job news soon. The hunt is getting intense.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How well have they treated you? If it I was in your spot and it was my stupid boss iwgaf but if its my cool boss I'd feel a little bit like a dick.

Although working for a company is probably a lot different than working in a small business where your boss puts in tons of hours too.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 03-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Graduate or Undergraduate?
Undergrad 1st year introduction to political science. Its hilarious.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fun thread, i help people with disabilities find employment. job seeking can be one of the most aggravating things ever, and I have been doing it for the last 5-6 years for my clients.

i am also currently looking for a new gig, time to move up the food chain. looking to hook up with school/prison (great pay) doing something similar.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not a dick move. CYA, my friend. If the other job falls through you could be in deep doodoo if your current employer knows. Especially if you're current role is being eliminated.

Until you have an offer and can sign, assume it'll fall through and don't do anything that could bite you in the ass.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I feel less dickish about it because I work for the Army now and I would just be moving to a different Army organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I feel less dickish about it because I work for the Army now and I would just be moving to a different Army organization.
Understandable, and I'd feel the same way (and likely will in a few months when I start a search) but the "oh **** I just got laid off / fired and the new job fell through" feeling would be much worse, I imagine.

If it's a good company you try to make the transition as smooth as possible for them. If it's a shithole, 2 weeks notice is fine. Less than 2 weeks notice . . . well, let's just say you shouldn't do that if you ever want a reference.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I worked at a machine shop during a heat wave, which was partially responsible for my disappearance from the interwebs.
Yeah. Go me.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I worked at a machine shop during a heat wave, which was partially responsible for my disappearance from the interwebs.
Yeah. Go me.
When I was in high school I worked every summer at a locker manufacturing plant that wasn't even fully enclosed and had no air conditioning so it was like a furnace every day in there.

The only worse conditions I've worked in was at the Bell Lightbox when it was under construction (the newest Toronto International Film Festival theater) and it was basically the same thing but I was working exclusively with rebar the entire time.

I'm glad I didn't work in either place during the winter though.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
When I was in high school I worked every summer at a locker manufacturing plant that wasn't even fully enclosed and had no air conditioning so it was like a furnace every day in there.

The only worse conditions I've worked in was at the Bell Lightbox when it was under construction (the newest Toronto International Film Festival theater) and it was basically the same thing but I was working exclusively with rebar the entire time.

I'm glad I didn't work in either place during the winter though.
Doing factory/shop work is a humbling ******* experience.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It really is. The worst kind of jobs to have. Needed some money for school so I had to do some of that sort of work in the summer.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Anyone who needs money for school should just go work in the oil fields in northern Alberta for a Summer. All you need is a drivers license basically and be willing to work completely **** labour and live with a bunch of Newfies and Somalians, but you'll make at least $20/hour and get 20 hours of over time every week.

I'm sure the States must have some sort of equivalent to Alberta oil jobs somewhere too though.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I should *fingers crossed* have big job news soon. The hunt is getting intense.
Same. I leaked it already, but its not set in stone, and Rob here was the only one who paid attention anyways

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am terrified of my job prospects after i graduate. i'm planning on an econ/international studies double major but i don't want to go the track of consulting like most econ majors at my school seem to be doing. i'm having difficulties landing an internship and grad school is outta the question for me.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Same. I leaked it already, but its not set in stone, and Rob here was the only one who paid attention anyways
I'm happy for you Fisch....living the dream. My job is 100% certainly going to suck.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work for the Louisiana Workforce Commission, basically the Louisiana Dept. of Labor, as an Unemployment Appeals Specialist. I stare at a computer all day and process unemployment appeals all day. My bosses don't know their asses from their elbows and morale is about as low as possible.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. During my first 2 years in college, i always took a temp factory/manual labor job during summer & winter breaks. The jobs always sucked so much that it motivated me to continue to do well in school & not have some ****** factory job for the rest of my life. Painting apartments for my uncle was always my least favorite. I did love the summer that i spent delivering/setting up road construction signs/barricades, etc. Just got to drive around in a one-ton truck by myself, smoking oneies, and picking up/dropping off signs all around the state.

....man, i sure do miss the days of zero responsibility....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I write as a Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report while attending school.

Not exactly the most reputable site, but it's a writing job.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no job. But, my career highlights include writing for one of the worlds largest soccer websites, writing for the worlds largest gaming website and writing for Australia's most read newspaper (Cue joke about how only three people read it)

Now I'm a law student.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work at a call center for a major bank. I used to be straight customer service/sales, but I sucked at sales so I moved to a position where I take calls from branch bankers who are helping clients with their credit cards inside a bank. Pretty monotonous but I make enough to pay off my student loans and my car, and I hope to move out to an apartment pretty soon. My goal is to stay with the same company but go out to either the West Coast or some place different than the midwest and get a position where I don't have to be on the phone.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone who needs money for school should just go work in the oil fields in northern Alberta for a Summer. All you need is a drivers license basically and be willing to work completely **** labour and live with a bunch of Newfies and Somalians, but you'll make at least $20/hour and get 20 hours of over time every week.
Man you guys get so freaking screwed over on wages. I got $25/hour to work the cushiest bar job in the world while I was a student. If you are going oil fields/mines type situation you should be earning at least $60 an hour or you are doing it wrong over here.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Man you guys get so freaking screwed over on wages. I got $25/hour to work the cushiest bar job in the world while I was a student. If you are going oil fields/mines type situation you should be earning at least $60 an hour or you are doing it wrong over here.
We actually have decent labour laws (although you wouldn't know it sometimes thanks to politicians) so our workers actually get paid! If you were working in mines in Australia you be earning a butt load. I have a mate working in the mines in W.A. as essentially a janitor. He works 7 days on, 7 days off (and they fly him to and from his home in Perth) and brings home 100,000 plus a year.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote