Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford - Where Does He Belong?

He's got the physical attributes you want in a WR, and he's got speed to go along with it, he's obviously a substantial athlete but his production at the college level was never amazing even with Luck as his QB. Where does he project for the draft, and what kind of WR does he have the potential to be as a rookie?

What prevented him from really putting up good numbers at Stanford?
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Concussions, to the point i think he may be like a fighter that's taken one too many to the head. The scary thing is after he had a few you could see guys going high on him.

Personally i never thought he could run a route to save his life, he does have speed but so do a lot of guys. If i'm a team i'm shying away.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Concussions, to the point i think he may be like a fighter that's taken one too many to the head. The scary thing is after he had a few you could see guys going high on him.

Personally i never thought he could run a route to save his life, he does have speed but so do a lot of guys. If i'm a team i'm shying away.
Thank you, I've never actually watched him play but his physical attributes are everything you could want, but with a medical history of concussions that's just a super risk to take.

Plus if he can't run any routes, I can get past that, because I trust the coaches will improve him. But if he's just incapable that's different. What round would you project him in?
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Luck hates him. Why else would he keep trying to get him killed?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Harbaugh take a flyer on him mid-late.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure he's honestly draftable with the concussions, and the NFL's recent emphasis on them.

I think that Jahvid Best's NFL career will be a cautionary tale here, and I'm not sure Owusu's concussions weren't worse.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I'm not sure he's honestly draftable with the concussions, and the NFL's recent emphasis on them.

I think that Jahvid Best's NFL career will be a cautionary tale here, and I'm not sure Owusu's concussions weren't worse.
If he was a fighter they wouldnt let him back in the ring and you'd have to think every headhunter DB in the league would go right after him. It's not going to be a shock if he doesnt get drafted.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
socentre44
Rookie

socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.

The guy belongs in med school. Owusu is a warrior but imo he has taken way too many concussions at Stanford and would hate to see him jeopardize his mental health in the NFL.
socentre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the 7th round to Indy. If Indy doesn't draft him, I wouldn't touch him. Luck will have a lot of sway in that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm pretty sure Luck hates him. Why else would he keep trying to get him killed?
Because he has no arm strength? /trollface
Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he was a UDFA but his athleticism at Indy is hard to completely ignore. I think it's worth taking late flyer, maybe a 6th or 7th. Just make sure that you are comfortable with him medically. He was dinged up quite a bit other than his head throughout his career too.

He probably won't be a KR anymore because of his concussions but he was a real dynamic weapon as a soph. He could have gone to the house on any given play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without concussions a good player in the 4th-5th round. With concussions probably late 7th to UDFA.