Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think this year we can slide by. with Timmons, Foote/Slyvester combo, Ivry? I'm more worried about lack of depth on the outside.

This is for sure going to be a down year for our defence, or at least it is looking like it.
I'm not worried about our OLBs. If Harrison and Wood stay healthy and Worilds continues to develop, we are fine. Also, don't forget about Chris Carter who will have a true offseason to develop.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Second off - seems like there's a lot of love for Mike Adams from you guys. I suspect this is from the recent hype at the Senior Bowl and by looking at his size. As a hardcore Buckeye fan who has watched every single one of his games over the past 4 years and all but 1 of the home games in person I can tell you this. The man is soft. He is a good pass protector but he got absolutely DESTROYED by Ryan Kerrigan 2 straight seasons. JJ Watt also ate his lunch. Were these two premier DE's in the NCAA, without a doubt, but that's what you face every week in the nfl. That's not the most frustrating part about him; that goes to his run blocking. For such a monster of a human being you think he'd dominate in this facet. Nope. Mike Adams catches people when he blocks, he doesn't maul them.

There's also character concerns. They go beyong just free tattoos. He said he "needed the money" from selling his gear to travel to Western PA to see his extended family. This is a blatant lie by Adams - he is from Dublin, one of the richest suburbs in Columbus. If you could see the house he grew up in you'd know all he had to do was ask his parents for cash and it would've been there. My bigger chracter concern is the man is not disciplined in the weight room and that is obvious. He didn't slim down or get noticably stronger during his time at Ohio State and this culminated with a pathetic 19 reps at the combine. Not going to overpower ANYONE in the nfl with that lack of strength. If I had to make a prospect comparison to Adams I'd go with Alex Barron. And Adams is a poor man's Barron. I think we can get better than that at 24.

I don't think there's a lot of love from the Steeler fans on here for Adams at all. But almost every mock draft has him falling to us (three out of four the other day, and the fourth had us taking Zietler). But these are the same idiots that have us taking cornerback in round 2 every single time. Steelers fans know our needs better than that.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Guys we all know that the Steelers has always came through in the end, even when they miss on a pick or FA the team has still came through somehow. having said that, i still think there has been room for improvement with our picks and roster decisions.

dont worry be happy :)

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Last edited by steel man : 03-02-2012 at 09:27 AM.
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
Guys we all know that the Steelers has always came through in the end, even when they miss on a pick or FA we have still came through somehow. having said that i think there has been room for improvement with our roster decisions.

dont worry be happy :)
the last few years of medicore drafting did catch up to us or will this year.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
the last few years of medicore drafting did catch up to us or will this year.
Every year our "mediocre drafting" has us in the playoffs, two of the last four in the Super Bowl. We don't sign free agents (ok, once in a blue moon) so where is the talent coming from?
We lost in the first round. A rarity, but half the teams playing in the first round lose. We had several key injuries (um, our entire starting defensive line from the pre-season missed all/most of the game, two outside linebackers not at 100%, safety not playing, not to mention the offense) and we lost in overtime. It isn't time to trash the whole team and start over. Its time to tweak. And if that means getting rid of some players whose on-field value doesn't equal their off-field contracts, then so be it.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick mock

Donta Hightower MLB Bama
Brandon Washington G Miami
Josh Chapman NT Bama
Isaiah Pead RB Cincy
Chad Diehl FB Clemson
Aldarius Johnson WR Miami
Blair Walsh K Georgia
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
Every year our "mediocre drafting" has us in the playoffs, two of the last four in the Super Bowl. We don't sign free agents (ok, once in a blue moon) so where is the talent coming from?
We lost in the first round. A rarity, but half the teams playing in the first round lose. We had several key injuries (um, our entire starting defensive line from the pre-season missed all/most of the game, two outside linebackers not at 100%, safety not playing, not to mention the offense) and we lost in overtime. It isn't time to trash the whole team and start over. Its time to tweak. And if that means getting rid of some players whose on-field value doesn't equal their off-field contracts, then so be it.
Everyone has injuries, but having the quality depth is what keeps teams afloat. We have enough depth on the defense of side, to keep us good. But lack of quality is what is hurting use on the offensive line and Cb spots. It worked out great how good Wallace and Brown have turned out, Sanders is still ? cause of injuries.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Farrior officially cut

Sad to see him go, great captain for a lot of years on our defense. That being said, it was time. Brian Leonard outrunning him to the corner on a 3rd down swing pass a couple seasons ago has been burning a hole in my brain ever since.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Larry Grant from the 49ers played well this year when filling in for Willis. He's a RFA but with Bowman and Willis entrenched, they may not be able to match an offer.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPV71M8NCO.DTL
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being good for as long as they have is bound to catch up with you sooner or later. As good as the FO is, you can't hit on the majority of your picks when you are consistently picking late in the rounds. Steelers do it better than most but eventually you are going to miss and the last few years have not as been as strong as in years past. I think a rededication of the interior lines is what the primary focus needs to be (and appears is going to be). They've gotten away from that in recent years and its been damaging to the skill players they've invested so much money into (i.e. Roethlisberger).

Unless Glenn or DeCastro slide to them at 24, they are going to go DT or ILB in the first. OG class this year is pretty good and they could probably not have much of a dip in talent picking one up in the 2nd/3rd round. While Poe most likely won't be available at 1.24, I've heard Brockers as a name that was recently thrown around and he has the ability to bulk up to 320. He is also being mentored by Bills DT Kyle Williams, which is a positive. Personally I'd go after Hightower in the first and look best available OG (Zeitler? Silatolu? Washington?) or DT (Ta'amu? Chapman? Martin?) in the 2nd/3rd rounds respectively. Late rounds probably look at a big WR target for the redzone, OT, HB/Returner (not sold on Sanders handling the load), OLB depth, and/or a safety. I know people have been clamoring for a kicker in the late rounds but I don't see that happening. I'm pretty sure the last couple of times they just had open tryouts (Reed, Suisham).
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Don't forget Punter.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't forget Punter.
I think they are just going to go with Kapinos. He's been servicable in the wake of Sepulveda's many injuries.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last few years of mediocre drafting? Our last two drafts have been extremely solid. I don't know what you are talking about.

Also, I think it is safe to say that Hightower will be a Steeler as long as no one takes him before 24. Foote is going to start this year, though.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Last few years of mediocre drafting? Our last two drafts have been extremely solid. I don't know what you are talking about.

Also, I think it is safe to say that Hightower will be a Steeler as long as no one takes him before 24. Foote is going to start this year, though.
Have to agree. If our latest draft stunk, we wouldn't have 6 RFAs to deal with before next week.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

We have 74 players currently on our roster. 36 of them have come from the last 3 years. Once we get around to not making offeres to some of our free agents (Dennis Dixon, Starks, Batch, Letwich, Sepulveda, Essex) and Jonathon Scott gets the boot, thats more than half. I know some were signed as cannon fodder after the season, but still. Our drafts are not the disasters some people want to paint them as.
The one time we had a chance to grab first round o-line talent in the last five years, we drafted first round o-line talent. And it paid off.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I actually want Essex to return.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I actually want Essex to return.
He's a cheap depth option to keep around for another year. Couldn't hurt.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
He's a cheap depth option to keep around for another year. Couldn't hurt.
He can play all 5 OL positions pretty decently. I like him more than Legs.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Walter Football Mock

1.Donta Hightower LB Alabama

2.Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin

3.Bernard Pierce RB Temple

4.Akiem Hicks DT Regina Rams

5.Brandon Lindsey LB Pitt

......I can dig it....

Brandon Brooks of Miami of Ohio looked really good at his Pro Day

6'5 346 4.98 Forty 36 Bench reps

Maybe we could take him in the 2nd or 3rd

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
New Walter Football Mock

......I can dig it....

More second round guard depth, which may make Cordy Glenn less likely for Steelers in the first round. or more likely to fall, if teams believe they will be able to get a quality guard in the second, making him more likely. I'm so confused.

And yeah, I think a lot of people were impressed with Brooks. How did this guy not get invited to the combine?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
New Walter Football Mock

......I can dig it....

Good draft...would prefer Doug Martin, Chris Polk or Pead over pierce though.

Hightower and Zeitler would be starters pretty quickly.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we somehow got both Glenn and Brooks, that would be one big ass line, haha. 2 340 lbers. who are very athletic, and Pouncey, on the inside.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Here's a quick mock:

Round 1: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
Round 2: Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
Round 3: Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (OH)
Round 4: Akiem Hicks, DT, Regina (Canada)
Round 5: Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
Round 6: Tank Carder, OLB, TCU
Round 7: Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so besides poe and hightower... who else would you be happy with at 24 in the first?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
so besides poe and hightower... who else would you be happy with at 24 in the first?
Cordy Glenn
Mike Adams

Mark Barron?
Dre Kirkpatrick?
Janoris Jenkins?
Zach Brown?
Peter Konz?
Kevin Zeitler?