Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw something during the combine that the Chargers were going to release Luis Castillo. He would be a good guy to sign to add to the depth, if the price is right
Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I saw something during the combine that the Chargers were going to release Luis Castillo. He would be a good guy to sign to add to the depth, if the price is right
Doubt he signs anywhere to be a back-up. And they're going to resign him after he tests the market and sees that he isnt going to get what he thinks he's worth. That was the main reason for his release, according to reports.

And I'd probably be peeved if we did sign another DE. That's one position we seemed to have plenty of talent and depth at.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Doubt he signs anywhere to be a back-up. And they're going to resign him after he tests the market and sees that he isnt going to get what he thinks he's worth. That was the main reason for his release, according to reports.

And I'd probably be peeved if we did sign another DE. That's one position we seemed to have plenty of talent and depth at.
Yeah, Demarcus Dobbs and Will Tukuafu haven't even seen the field yet. RJF barely does. Ian Williams can kick out to 5-Tech if needed.

The only way I see that position addressed is if BPA is too clear during the draft. Spending vet money wouldn't make much sense to me.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franchise tag for Goldson:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers will apply the franchise tag to free agent FS Dashon on Friday
$6.2 million for 2012 when they end up signing it.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Probably not but then again, I wouldnt be surprised if they did franchise him by Monday or work out a long term deal. If they let Jackson go, they mine as well trade Gates, Rivers and rebuild because there's no one else there on offense. Its amazing that Rivers even does as good stat wise as he has done.

Bowe is a guarantee franchise tag if he doesnt re-sign.

And here's something I was thinking of -

What if SF is letting Rogers test FA and they sign Carr to a long term deal? Or even Nicks/Grubbs to replace Snyder at RG? Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised. Not really happy but not surprised.
Bowe will get franchised if he doesn't sign. If he does hit the open market, he'll likely be offered much more than what the Niners are willing to offer, based on the values they have on each player.

Carr will command more money than Rogers on the open market and get a longer term deal. Rogers will have to lower his demands ($10 mil per year) to a range where the Niners wuld pay him likely $6-7 mil).

Nicks/Grubbs will also receive huge deals. With how many high draft picks and $ already invested into the O-Line, I see the Niners getting a value FA or drafting someone (after the 1st Round) to fill the RG spot. Overpaying for interior lineman in FA is not a wise decision IMO. Spend the $ on OTs, pass rushers, play makers instead.

I'm thinking V-Jax or Colston are the most realistic FA WR targets at this point for the Niners, with V-Jax being a first tier guy, Colston a second.

In looking at how deep the WR class is in the Draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners re-sign Morgan and then Draft 1-2 WRs in the first 5 rounds to all compete.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
No thanks. I'd rather they let the kids (Tukuafu, Ian Williams, Dobbs & RJF) that have been developing in the system back up our arguably deepest area on the team.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Bowe will get franchised if he doesn't sign. If he does hit the open market, he'll likely be offered much more than what the Niners are willing to offer, based on the values they have on each player.

Carr will command more money than Rogers on the open market and get a longer term deal. Rogers will have to lower his demands ($10 mil per year) to a range where the Niners wuld pay him likely $6-7 mil).

Nicks/Grubbs will also receive huge deals. With how many high draft picks and $ already invested into the O-Line, I see the Niners getting a value FA or drafting someone (after the 1st Round) to fill the RG spot. Overpaying for interior lineman in FA is not a wise decision IMO. Spend the $ on OTs, pass rushers, play makers instead.

I'm thinking V-Jax or Colston are the most realistic FA WR targets at this point for the Niners, with V-Jax being a first tier guy, Colston a second.

In looking at how deep the WR class is in the Draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners re-sign Morgan and then Draft 1-2 WRs in the first 5 rounds to all compete.

I dont know if Carr would cost more than Rogers. Rogers is coming off a big year. Carr has yet to acheive such accolades, though football people know he is a good, young talent. He's not what Joseph or Asomugha were last year.....household names. Carr should get a longer deal because he is younger, but Rogers market value is higher than Carr, being a Pro Bowl CB. Its ashame, but CBs are still based mostly off of ints totals sadly......unless you have the clout of being a household name. Rogers played no different last year, than what he did while in D.C. But he actually caught those ints he dropped while a Redskin and now he's this great CB.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quite honestly, I wouldnt pay any receiver $10m per year other than Wallace because he easily has the most upside than all the other possible targets at WR. Wallace easily adds the element that we need the most, period. And he would also push Crabtree at the same time. While a Bowe, Colston and V. Jax would also do that, I dont see a Johnson, Garcon, Manningham or Meachem as a top tier WR that will push Crabtree even though I do think that Johnson and Garcon are better than Crabtree.

I hope Rogers keeps his demand at the $10m range so the Niners can let him walk as I dont want the team to re-sign him. Carr is to me better and I would say Finnegan is along with Rogers. Carr is the cream of the crop but I dont care about him and not what im hoping for in FA.

Agree with the RG situation completely. Personally, I would re-sign Snyder to a solid two year deal and then let him and Goodwin walk in 2014 as UFA's. My main thing is that keeping the starters on offense and defense with minimal change will help the Niners get even better than they were in 2011.

I really hope thats not what happens in regards to acquiring a WR because I dont see how any rookie draft pick or Morgan or second/third tier guy is going to help the offense improve. I really dont. Niners dont need much at all. They just need that speed deep threat playmaking WR on the outside. Defensively, they would just need to replace Rogers which is where DB Jason Allen comes in. 49ers can easily make those things happen if they choose to do so. I understand about wanting to build through the draft and make good signings but the teams who never spend the money are the teams that never win either.

Quote:
I dont know if Carr would cost more than Rogers. Rogers is coming off a big year. Carr has yet to acheive such accolades, though football people know he is a good, young talent. He's not what Joseph or Asomugha were last year.....household names. Carr should get a longer deal because he is younger, but Rogers market value is higher than Carr, being a Pro Bowl CB. Its ashame, but CBs are still based mostly off of ints totals sadly......unless you have the clout of being a household name. Rogers played no different last year, than what he did while in D.C. But he actually caught those ints he dropped while a Redskin and now he's this great CB.
Carr should cost more than Rogers. If I had to pay Carr $10m or Rogers $7m a year, I would go with Carr. However, with that being said, I dont want either one.

I just wouldnt be surprised if we signed a FA at a position no one is/was expecting.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Brooks re-signed and Goldson franchised, FA/Draft wise, here's what I would try to do -

Re-sign Smith, Ginn, Snyder and Costanzo. Tukuafu and Brock are ERFA's and arent going anywhere. Tender ILB Larry Grant at the second round level. Bye bye to everyone else who's an UFA.

Regardless of what receivers are available as UFA's, I make a 5 year/$50m offer to PIT WR Mike Wallace (yeah, big surprise right??? LOL) thats heavily front loaded for 2012 and 2013 so PIT cant match. And yes, im aware of losing the 30th overall draft pick but quite honestly, I dont care about the pick. Years and years of drafting in or around the top ten, its time to use a first rounder on a player who's already established himself. I know most (and possibly all) here dont like that move for various reasons but I care more about quality than quantity. If we sign a backup WR (Meachem/Manningham) and draft a WR at 30 who quite simply, will just be competing, I dont see the point...I really dont because none of them will make half the impact that Wallace would make and whatever money is giving to Meachem/Manningham and the rookie WR could be put towards Wallace.

After that, I go after HOU DB Jason Allen who would fit in perfectly in the slot when the defense plays nickel. Can also backup at safety if needed. Replaces Rogers while Brown/Culliver start at CB.

If some team (and I honestly dont care which team) makes an offer to Grant and he signs it, I decline to match the offer minutes later and let him leave. To replace Grant, I sign Giants LB Chase Blackburn (if still available) who always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I would also sign veteran DE Adam Carriker for backup depth at DE. Of course, I wouldnt overpay either Blackburn/Carriker. They would have to be good contracts for us.

If Grant stays for 2012, eliminate Blackburn. Regardless of what happens with Grant, I trade back into the first round for TE Coby Fleener. It doesnt matter if its our 2nd and 3rd or our two 2nds (if Grant is gone) or whatever as long as it has nothing to do with next year's draft. After drafting Fleener, I trade TE Delanie Walker (who I think will be gone in 2013 anyway) to the highest bidder. Would love a 3rd but if the best is a 4th, I would take it.

Granted, we would have a minimum of four draft picks (rounds 4-7) with the maximum being six draft picks (rounds 4-7 (4) and either our 2nd or 3rd (5) and an extra 3rd or 4th (6) via trading Walker) if Grant is gone and we trade Walker. If we still have a 2nd or 3rd, I use that on the best possible WR to be 4th on the depth chart. After WR, I look at NT (Sopoaga is an UFA next off-season), a RB to possibly replace Dixon, OLB to be 4th on the depth chart and special teamer and a backup safety (dont know if Spillman plays SS or FS).

Quite honestly, we dont have any major needs except WR this year and even next off-season, our UFA's would be P Andy Lee, NT Isaac Sopoaga and NT Ricky Jean-Francois. Spencer should be long gone before then and Walker would be as well since I would trade him to the highest bidder. Its not until the 2014 off-season that we'll have some decisions to make but by then, the cap will be at or past $150m, Wallace's big money will be already paid and still have next year's draft to replace any players we may lose in 2014.

I have said it before and I will say it again...this is the off-season in which we need to make that one major signing that puts us past the NFC Championship game. People can talk defense, special teams all they want but neither means crap if you dont score more points on offense. We averaged over 23ppg and if we can stay at that level and just add another TD to that average, us scoring 30ppg with our running game combo of Gore/Hunter, awesome defense and special teams, we'll be very hard to beat unless injuries hit.

My starting offense for 2012 -

QB Alex Smith
RB Frank Gore
FB Bruce Miller
WR Mike Wallace (RFA)
WR Michael Crabtree
TE Vernon Davis
LT Joe Staley
LG Mike Iupati
OC Jonathan Goodwin
RG Adam Snyder
RT Anthony Davis

10 of 11 starters return with the 11th starter being Wallace who's a huge upgrade over Morgan/Williams/whoever. Williams would return as the slot receiver with Fleener being the second TE. Seriously, our offense would have weapons and more importantly, Smith would have the best offensive weapons in 2012 than he's had in his entire career combined with Wallace, Crabtree, Davis, Fleener, Williams, Gore and Hunter.

My starting defense for 2012 -

DE Justin Smith
NT Isaac Sopoaga
DE Ray McDonald
OLB Ahmad Brooks
ILB Patrick Willis
ILB NaVorro Bowman
OLB Aldon Smith
CB Tarell Brown
CB Chris Culliver
SS Donte Whitner
FS Dashon Goldson

Like offense, we return 10 of 11 starters with Culliver replacing Rogers. Allen becomes our nickelback and Brock our dimeback. Haralson returns as the backup at OLB. ILB, its either Blackburn as the backup, Grant, a draft pick or someone else. DL wise, Carriker and Dobbs backup at DE with Jean-Francois and Williams backing up at NT. Special teamers Costanzo and Spillman return along with Ginn, Akers and Lee.

20 of 22 starters return which quite honestly is damn good and the move at WR is an upgrade while the change at CB is the same or better depending on how you look at it. And while most here wont like my off-season plan, I honestly dont think that its bad at all, makes sense, money will be spent either way and I rather spend it on a younger receiver and Allen instead of Morgan and Rogers.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang I think that just gave me a head ache. It would be nice to sign Wallace but I don't see it happening.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dang I think that just gave me a head ache.
Yay!!! At least something I wanted came true. I gave 49erNation85 a headache. Shame it wasnt a migraine though. :p
Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Great to hear Byham is on track to be fully healthy for next season. I have high hopes for his skillset being utilized in this offense.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPOD1NEV9G.DTL
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cannot trade back into the 1st at all, unless we give up picks from next season. Not a good idea IMO. I'm all for jumping up a few slots, but not mortgaging the future.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great to hear Byham is on track to be fully healthy for next season. I have high hopes for his skillset being utilized in this offense.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPOD1NEV9G.DTL

<3
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Carr will get a bigger contract than Rogers, especially due to his age. Rogers improved his name with a solid season last year, but there's a reason why the Niners got him at a bargain rate - he wasn't a "household name," at least not in a good way (aka Stone Hands). His great season definitely helped improve the perception of him but being another year older over 30 did not. He won't get as much as Carr. Period.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Buffalo Bills and wide receiver Stevie Johnson agreed to a five-year contract this morning. Another potential FA WR off the market. It might be smartest for the Niners to just do the "unsexy" thing and ignore the big splash in FA, re-sign Morgan to a reasonable contract and find their favorite WR in the Draft to compete and add depth, possibly adding a veteran WR at a bargain late in the game. That's the philosophy they applied last year and it worked out very well.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Buffalo Bills and wide receiver Stevie Johnson agreed to a five-year contract this morning. Another potential FA WR off the market. It might be smartest for the Niners to just do the "unsexy" thing and ignore the big splash in FA, re-sign Morgan to a reasonable contract and find their favorite WR in the Draft to compete and add depth, possibly adding a veteran WR at a bargain late in the game. That's the philosophy they applied last year and it worked out very well.
Johnson is probably the WR I wanted the least in FA so means very little to me. It will still be guys who hit the market. Manningham, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and a host of others. I never saw us going after the bigger names anyway. We will see here shortly...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are most likely correct. We could very well see Baalke wait for others to make waves early again this year and approach free agency with a keen eye and Marathe's sharpened pencil.

Last year the only strikeout was Edwards and he cost little. Rodgers, Goldson, Goodwin, Akers and Costanzo played for the same financial commitment the Raiders made to Michael Huff. Value is very important with the salary cap always lurking around the corner.

We pretty much have to find a corner, a right guard and a receiver or two. I wouldn't mind signing Colston with his ability to help a quarterback out and find openings for those 10-20 yard passes. Draft a receiver like Hill or M. Jones and let them develop chemistry with Alex for a year then dump Crabtree after the season and we are only down probably two to three mill in net cap room which helps the team deal with Bowman early.

I'm not sure what's out there for guard or how the draftees developed last year, but Davis needs a good player on his inside shoulder. There should be value for a right guard if the team needs to go looking.

Corner will be addressed in the draft unless a guy like Finnegan falls through the cracks. Rodgers played the hardest position in our secondary and did well. Covering slot guys just happens to be what Finnegen excels at well, other than being a punk, but that's part of the atmosphere Jeff Fisher brings to a team.

Should be interesting, but really expect the first few days to be uneventful other than Rodgers being signed away.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Dwayne Bowe (my #1 WR target for the Niners) has been franchise tagged by the Chiefs, joining Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson and Stevie Johnson, who all are now off the market at that position. Looks like V-Jax, Colston and Manningham are all about to be overpaid.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Dwayne Bowe (my #1 WR target for the Niners) has been franchise tagged by the Chiefs, joining Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson and Stevie Johnson, who all are now off the market at that position. Looks like V-Jax, Colston and Manningham are all about to be overpaid.
and many others will join them, because how many teams have needs.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read from Barrows that Josh Morgan is going to test the market, and Ginn is probably going to get more interest than we all think.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Read from Barrows that Josh Morgan is going to test the market, and Ginn is probably going to get more interest than we all think.
I wonder if Morgan thinks the 'Phins (with former Niners WR coach) will go after him. I've read rumor reports connecting the possible interest.

Ginn proved that he is an elite returner and they are always in need. I would like Ginn back (purely for his return abilities), but only on a 2 year deal. If you look at the history of good returners, they have a few year window when they have success, then usually fade to being solid or average at best.

I'm calling it right now that if Ginn leaves the Niners replace him on the cheap with (coincidentally) Josh Morgan's old teammate; Eddie Royal. Royal is a former 2nd round pick that has been slowed by injuries and played in a weak passing attack in Denver but has proven he can make plays in the return and the receiving game.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Morgan thinks the 'Phins (with former Niners WR coach) will go after him. I've read rumor reports connecting the possible interest.

Ginn proved that he is an elite returner and they are always in need. I would like Ginn back (purely for his return abilities), but only on a 2 year deal. If you look at the history of good returners, they have a few year window when they have success, then usually fade to being solid or average at best.

I'm calling it right now that if Ginn leaves the Niners replace him on the cheap with (coincidentally) Josh Morgan's old teammate; Eddie Royal. Royal is a former 2nd round pick that has been slowed by injuries and played in a weak passing attack in Denver but has proven he can make plays in the return and the receiving game.
I really like Royal and would love it if he came to the bay. He had a near 1,000 yard season as a rookie then hasn't found a fit in the offense since then.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to believe Morgan is just going to use this to leverage more money from SF. Otherwise, I would rather not lose our best WR.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really like Royal and would love it if he came to the bay. He had a near 1,000 yard season as a rookie then hasn't found a fit in the offense since then.
I'm not sure that he has proven to be the "same" since his knee injury, either.