Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
sweetd20
Veteran

sweetd20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's the word on Bolden, is he going to run and do drills at ASU's pro day or do a private workout?
sweetd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
I can't believe people are using a 4.50 at the combine as a reason to drop such a clean CB prospect.

If I had a CB need, I wouldn't hesitate to take him anywhere from 4-10
4.50 is a good time for a guy of Claiborne's size, people are pretty crazy, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
4.50 is a good time for a guy of Claiborne's size, people are pretty crazy, lol.
No. people are idiots. I don't care about that forty as long as he doesn't run worse than a 4.60. He smooth, looked good in drills (besides being a bit sloppy with his back pedal) and he looks great on tape. I'd take Claiborne over PP and Hayden. How often does a CB need to reach top speed covering a receiver compared to having to break on the ball or route? I'll take the CB that looks smooth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 and 20 yard split more important than 40.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 yard 1.60u when he ran a 4.54u

not bad, plenty of starting Dbs are in the 1.60.

Apparently Jenkins has the best 10 yard for Dbs at 1.45
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Haden wasn't feeling well at the combine but ran anyways, he came back on his pro day and posted a very solid time.
He posted a 4.47 according to nfldraftscout.

Quote:
40 times aren't everything but as I posted earlier, 1/10 of a second equates to 2 feet in separation and while 4.50 is a decent 40, it isn't an elite time and 4.35 40 WR's are going to give Claiborne fits in a deep pattern even with great technique because it equates to 3 feet of separation.
1- Can you provide a link that porves you 1/10 second claim and how that correlates to playing on a football field in pads on a Sunday ?

By that logic though, Haden was at least .7 off of the 4.4 elite corner mark therefore if 1/10 equates to 2 feet then Haden gives up what about a foot and a half of separation ? But he plays well enough to be a #1 on Sundays right ? So I'm not gonna worry about Morris running a 4.5 officially, when I see on tape and in the combine drills that this kid is as smooth as it gets, has incredible arm length, good technique for a college kid that can only get better with further coaching.

Quote:
As for 40 times, pro scouts, GM's and HC's time everybody who runs a 40 by hand, so they obviously feel it is a very important element in a player's potential, they don't just get handed prospects 40 time by combine officials, they go to the trouble of timing each player themselves.
And most of the responses in your other thread say that they will more likely go off of hand times....thus you have ZERO basis now for your "Claiborne lost money" argument because well you don't know what those hand times are.

Quote:
Speed kills in football and every scout, GM and HC knows it, it alone doesn't make you a pro but among those who are solid pros, it separates the good from the great and in the draft teams are looking for great before settling for the good.
Football speed kills in football. I know that there have been some very good players in this league who did not run an elite timed speed in a pair of shorts but sure played faster than that (ONE GUY NAMED JERRY RICE SPRINGS TO MIND) just like some guys do run 4.3's in their shorts and play like a 4.5 guy once they put pads on. Teams don't just evaluate your game speed by what you run in shorts out of a track stance, they account for what your speed looks like on tape.

Quote:
In the pros, Claiborne will face 4.30-4.40 WR's all the time on almost every team, in college he probably saw a decent one twice a season if that.
Pro WR's go deep in every game and test CB's with their speed all the time and almost every #1 WR in the league is faster than Claiborne.
Claiborne comes from the SEC. Faced some of the best competition in football, and fastest. Just this year, he played against Speed U #1 and the school who were formerly known as Speed U #2 but still have those speed guys. That would be Oregon and Florida FYI. What about that Georgia team ? There is a pretty quick receiver named Tavarres King, that supplanted AJ Green as the #1. Have we talked about Arkansas yet ? Oh let me guess they are not that fast right ? Because Joe Adams also did not run as well as expected ? Jarius Wright was also on that team he ran a 4.42.

Joe Adams also plays much quicker than his 4.55 combine 40. (so does Big 12 stud Kendall Wright)

Quote:
… The challenge for LSU is a wide array of receivers that are nearly a match for the Arkansas group, plus perhaps the best tight end in the SEC, Orson Charles, who has 40 receptions for 530 yards and five touchdowns.

“They’re very talented and a very fast group,” LSU safety Brandon Taylor said. “A lot of people say Arkansas receivers are the fastest group in the SEC, but Georgia, they are very fast. I know (Tavarres King), I played against him my sophomore year, and he actually kind of got away from me that year, too. They actually have the most talented tight end in the SEC.”
Are all those NFL receivers faster than Claiborne in a pair of shorts or is there game speed faster ? Because game speed is what matters.

Quote:
Claiborne didn't run badly, 4.50 is definitely a 1st round time and scouts and GM's will likely use it in his evaluation no matter what he runs at his pro day if he even runs.
Actually if he alarmed any team with it, then they are going back to the tape before they even consider adjusting his grade. But none of the experts, so called experts, wanna be experts and all the like seem to think he alarmed anyone.

Quote:
He is still fast enough to be a top 20 pick but he isn't elite, not at 4.50 and I think he drops certainly out of any chance to be a top 5 pick and maybe even a top 10 pick.
Funny how everything you read post combine on the kid now says he cemented his draft stock even though he did not wow teams in the 40. More than that people came away impressed with his natural coverage abilities, long arms and ability to flip his hips.

I have not seen a single report saying he cost himself money, or that his stock is down coming out of Indy.

Here is what Scott himself said :

Quote:
L.S.U. CB Morris Claiborne measured in at 5-11⅛ and 188 pounds with long 33-¼ inch arms. Claiborne looked good in all of the drills and ran a more than respectable 4.50 forty. Even though Claiborne didn’t run quite as fast as expected it won’t hurt his stock and the former Bayou Bengal should be a Top 5 overall pick.
And all we did was talk about his defensive ability ? Whatever team takes this kid is also going to be adding a pretty good kick returner if they so choose to use him back there.

You may think your opinion is right but you can't back it up unfortunately.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed U is who?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Speed U is who?
Oregon/UF probably Oregon.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
You may think your opinion is right but you can't back it up unfortunately.
Well of course, the draft itself is the judge, we'll have to see where he is picked on draft day. My opinion or your opinion will be settled on that day not by anything you or I say.

All I'm saying is he won't go top 5 and may have trouble staying in the top 10, I'm not calling him a bum or a flop or anything like that, just think he moved down a bit.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Iamcanadian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
freeupfreeney
Rookie

freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I got news for you. Claiborne played Zone all year long. He didn't have to be fast.

There are CB that are slower than Claiborne (Chris Gamble) that play man and are considered shutdown.

The are CB that are faster (Terrance Newman) who are liabilities.

Really, Speed is good for Hawking people. There aren't a lot of Defensive plays that will leave a CB playing man without SS help over the top when there is a Streak play.
freeupfreeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Claiborne's stock was affected by his 40 time. From what we've seen in years past, an exceptional workout moves you up draft boards, an awful workout moves you down draft boards, and an average workout doesn't move much in either direction.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when is Chris Gamble considered shut down? Lol.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Since he had the 2nd lowest QB rating for passes thrown his way. 1st was Revis.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gamble's been a steady force in Carolina for a while now, and he had a pretty stellar year from my understanding. I thought he was going to be one of the better CBs in the NFL when he was younger, good to see him living up to the potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when you look at some of the best corners in the league, many of them aren't exactly guys with blazing speed. Guys like Revis, Gamble, nnamdi (maybe not last year, but still), Webster, Haden aren't going to wow you with their straight line speed, there's a lot more to being a CB than that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamble had an awesome season last year. Definitely the best of this career for my money.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i thought revis was a high 4.3 guy?
He was and is.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day, but didn't run at the combine. He's certainly fast but, like all Pro Day times, you have to figure that 4.38 time is slightly inflated.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait. Teams think Cordy Glenn is a LT now?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Revis ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day, but didn't run at the combine. He's certainly fast but, like all Pro Day times, you have to figure that 4.38 time is slightly inflated.
Exactly. Would it shock you to see Claiborne run something in that range at his pro day? Revis is fast... Claiborne is fast.... you can see it on the field.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote