Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO if Hill played in a normal offense we would see that he's probably another Troy Williamson or Darrius Heyward-Bey type, but since he was in that triple option and has so much unknown about his game and so many questions unanswered teams will give him the benefit of the doubt naturally b/c of his measurables and draft him really high. I would be quite pissed if my team took him over Kendall Wright. I'm not gonna even mention Floyd, no freakin' way in hell does he go before Floyd. If someone thinks that IMO it means one or both of these things:

-they haven't much of floyd

and/or

-they haven't seen much of hill

I've seen plenty of both. If Floyd had Robert Griffin's character and a clean injury history he would be a top 5 pick. My gut would turn inside out like it did when my Browns traded away Haloti Ngata for Kamerion Wimbley and a 7th round pick on draft day if my team drafted Hill before Floyd.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on Twitter pointed out his horrible 4.48 20-yard shuttle time as a knock.

Well, Kenny Britt timed a near identical 4.47 in same drill and has turned out fine. That's one reason for my comparison.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I could really see the Bears taking the risk on him at 19, they are desperate for a physically dominant #1.

Obviously they want Michael Floyd, but they have 2-3 Kendall Wright type players on the team and I do not know if he adds something new.

The Hill pick would be totally based on potential, but it could be the ultimate home run.
I'm still going to be mildly surprised if we draft a WR at 19. We should know some draft hints on the Bears soon, though. If they pursue a veteran WR in FA, as I suspect they will, I have high doubts they'd use another prime asset on a WR.

Granted, Emery does come from KC, where they did add Baldwin on top of Bowe, but with a huge need at DE, and other needs, if they land a veteran WR, I have high doubts they'd go WR in the first. If they don't, sure, I could see WR at 19. But then ... what are they doing with all that money, then? I have a hard time seeing them go with another big ticket DE (too many resources at one position).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm still going to be mildly surprised if we draft a WR at 19. We should know some draft hints on the Bears soon, though. If they pursue a veteran WR in FA, as I suspect they will, I have high doubts they'd use another prime asset on a WR.

Granted, Emery does come from KC, where they did add Baldwin on top of Bowe, but with a huge need at DE, and other needs, if they land a veteran WR, I have high doubts they'd go WR in the first. If they don't, sure, I could see WR at 19. But then ... what are they doing with all that money, then? I have a hard time seeing them go with another big ticket DE (too many resources at one position).
Im praying for Vincent Jackson and Nick Perry.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaL6NvoHRT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc

Coming out of college..
Scouts are already dialing up former Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Terance Mathis, the offensive coordinator at Savannah State and a guy who has worked diligently with Hill on route-running, for his take on the wideout.

It's felt at this point that Hill is a tad better route-runner than was Thomas coming out of college, but that the latter might have been a little more physical.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/...gs_NFL%20Draft
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

This is a new regime and I think they realized that their futures ate tied to Jay Cutler's success.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What if he did not get to show his talent because of the system he was in?

What if this guy is the next dominant WR and we haven't seen it because he had 3 passes a game thrown his way?

The draft is about potential, how you think a player will do in the NFL. Stephen Hill has more potential than any WR in the draft to be a dominant #1 WR, that is why he is being overrated.

If the draft was not about potential to be dominant everyone would draft sturdy college centers and possession WRs in the 1st round.

Stephen Hill could be a bust, but he could be a home run.

Michael Floyd could be a bust, but at most he is a good player.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What if he did not get to show his talent because of the system he was in?

What if this guy is the next dominant WR and we haven't seen it because he had 3 passes a game thrown his way?

The draft is about potential, how you think a player will do in the NFL. Stephen Hill has more potential than any WR in the draft to be a dominant #1 WR, that is why he is being overrated.

If the draft was not about potential to be dominant everyone would draft sturdy college centers and possession WRs in the 1st round.

Stephen Hill could be a bust, but he could be a home run.

Michael Floyd could be a bust, but at most he is a good player.
It's not all about potential. It's risk vs reward. He is very athletic for his height but he also isnt very physical for his size. Floyd has proven that he is a safe pick by producing in a pro style system. Hill blew up the combine. He has bust written all over him.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill is a workout warrior

His speed and 10-yard split, while elite, doesn't show up on tape. A guy like Kendall Wright is much more explosive off the line, can destroy a cushion much faster, and is superior beating press coverage with a good burst/suddeness. Hill has tremendous top end speed, but hes a little bit of a strider whereas a guy like Kendall Wright is a two stepper and is instantly at his top end speed. Despite what he did in shorts, on the field he is a long strider.

Hill is also extremely inconsistent with concentration (see his drops against unc and clemson), has very small hands if someone wants to compare him to the likes of calvin johnson, and has a limited route tree.

He's a guy who will occasionally make a big play from time to time, but I don't think his ceiling is that of a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson. Stephen Hill is track star fast. He does not possesses elite short area quickness or much of an initial burst. I see him struggling a ton early in his career with inconsistency and lack of production. The classic workout warrior who is likely to underachieve in his NFL career

However, on a positive note, once Hill becomes more polished -- I see him more similar to say a Julio Jones. A guy who runs in 4.3 range and can occasionally go grab the football while being quite inconsistent.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my eyes he has two issues.

Concentration and Route Running. The latter can be taught by good receiver coaches and the former i believe is a self confidence issue. I hear him interview and i see a guy that doesnt believe he's the best wide receiver in college football. I'd take Hill in the mid first round and be happy about it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I was too generous with the Julio Jones comparison, Hill isn't as good of a route runner

Perhaps his ceiling is that more of Torrey Smith of the Ravens. Eerily similar skill sets
Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of Tyrone Calico before Roy Williams ended his life on a horse collar.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post

Perhaps his ceiling is that more of Torrey Smith of the Ravens. Eerily similar skill sets
Hill has a frame that Torrey Smith doesn't have, and has more to his game then just running deep routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.

Hill reminds me of sidney rice
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill = Charles Rogers
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

How can you judge his hands when he had less than 50 targets this season?

I know some of his drops are horrendous, but the sample size of catches is way to small to accurately asses his hands. Is it that he had a ton of drops or is it that he had some really bad ones in limited opportunity.

How many drops did he have this season?

I do not expect Hill to do much as a rookie, but the guy wants to get better and is working hard. He caught the ball exceptionally well, which tells me that he has concentration problems and not hands problems like Streeter who caught nothing at the combine.

Hill is a huge risk, but he could be a huge talent for your team.

DHB had a good year this season and I expect him to be over 1000 yards this season.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
It's not all about potential. It's risk vs reward. He is very athletic for his height but he also isnt very physical for his size. Floyd has proven that he is a safe pick by producing in a pro style system. Hill blew up the combine. He has bust written all over him.
If I am the Bears I take Floyd over him 10/10 times.

But if Floyd is gone, or the Bears address the WR position in free agency, I think they can take the risk.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes some great catches as well. The one at the combine was Denarius Moore esque.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Hill is a late 1st round draft pick BC he's raw.

If he wasn't raw he'd be AJ Green and be a top 5 pick. You're gambling on the potential. I think if he goes to the right team, he'll succeed. He looked great catching the ball in drills, he has the size and speed to be dominant in this league, and he supposedly has good work ethic and character.

He's the type of raw athlete I'd gamble on.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Stephen Hill is a late 1st round draft pick BC he's raw.

If he wasn't raw he'd be AJ Green and be a top 5 pick. You're gambling on the potential. I think if he goes to the right team, he'll succeed. He looked great catching the ball in drills, he has the size and speed to be dominant in this league, and he supposedly has good work ethic and character.

He's the type of raw athlete I'd gamble on.
I'd gamble on him before the late first.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'd gamble on him before the late first.
I think with the depth of WRs available in FA, along with how deep this WR draft class is, I think either Hill or Wright will fall to the end of the 1st round.

The supply is just greater than the demand, which bodes well for teams who can go BPA at the end of the 1st.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think with the depth of WRs available in FA, along with how deep this WR draft class is, I think either Hill or Wright will fall to the end of the 1st round.

The supply is just greater than the demand, which bodes well for teams who can go BPA at the end of the 1st.
There is zero chance Wright falls past the Browns pick. Well thats if they draft Griffin. And Hill i just think has too much potential to go late first.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
There is zero chance Wright falls past the Browns pick. Well thats if they draft Griffin. And Hill i just think has too much potential to go late first.
What pick? They'll have to give up #22 if they want RG3.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
What pick? They'll have to give up #22 if they want RG3.
Oh yeah! :( that ruins my dream...

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hill has a frame that Torrey Smith doesn't have, and has more to his game then just running deep routes.
Interesting. Why do you believe so? At this point and time, that's the only thing to his game. Unless you want to talk about run blocking, which is meaningless to this discussion