Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Foles?????????
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, great work, man! I know you can't please everyone and it's all a crapshoot anyways, but good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post

Adams certainly has a great deal of upside and will most likely go in the first round but I think McShay said it best when he noted that Adams does the bare minimum required on the field. I watched a few interviews and Mike seemed like a shady individual, so I'm concerned about how seriously he will take the game after he has made his money.
I do find your "character" assessment to be way off. The kid exchanged memorabilia that he owned for tats (and likely weed). The Tat5 stuff is extremely overblown. Much like A.J. Green's deal. I mean stuff being bartered for other stuff is how society works. And it was stuff that he OWNED. It's ******** that it's even an issue.

He's come off very well in every interview that I've seen.

He took some plays off here and there, and that is a concern. I did not see that at all his Senior year.

Anyways, good stuff, keep it up.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jonathan Martin is the #9 prospect in this draft, this draft stinks.

FWIW -- Matt Miller with draftscout.com moved Martin to the second round in his projections/rankings.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what we saw at the Senior Bowl, the Combine and what has been posted by Mayock, Casserly and Brooks plus Gil Brandt's top 100, this top 100 doesn't show that you put in the hard work to get it right.

Either you are determined to be different or you cannot accept the consensus from those who contacts and experience mark them as people worth noting and paying attention to.

Draftniks have moved past the beginning stages of predicting the draft, we now have access on the net to many valuable sources which can act as our scouts in the field and can be used in conjunctiontion with our own observations to come up with a pretty solid top 100.

You don't seem to follow this system, preferring to put forward you top 100 without much to back it up. Sorry but I rate this work as poorly done and not worth a whole lot.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ lmao(laughing, my, ass, off)
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
First off, great work, man! I know you can't please everyone and it's all a crapshoot anyways, but good stuff.

I do find your "character" assessment to be way off. The kid exchanged memorabilia that he owned for tats (and likely weed). The Tat5 stuff is extremely overblown. Much like A.J. Green's deal. I mean stuff being bartered for other stuff is how society works. And it was stuff that he OWNED. It's ******** that it's even an issue.

He's come off very well in every interview that I've seen.

He took some plays off here and there, and that is a concern. I did not see that at all his Senior year.

Anyways, good stuff, keep it up.
I don't put any stock in the memorabilia scandal, but just based off of interviews I am conflicted regarding Adams. He knows what interviewers want him to say, but is he genuine? That's the question I have regarding most of his statements. Very tough call on Adams; he could end up being a long-term left tackle but I'd just feel more comfortable drafting other players up to a certain point.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
From what we saw at the Senior Bowl, the Combine and what has been posted by Mayock, Casserly and Brooks plus Gil Brandt's top 100, this top 100 doesn't show that you put in the hard work to get it right.

Either you are determined to be different or you cannot accept the consensus from those who contacts and experience mark them as people worth noting and paying attention to.

Draftniks have moved past the beginning stages of predicting the draft, we now have access on the net to many valuable sources which can act as our scouts in the field and can be used in conjunctiontion with our own observations to come up with a pretty solid top 100.

You don't seem to follow this system, preferring to put forward you top 100 without much to back it up. Sorry but I rate this work as poorly done and not worth a whole lot.
Hey what's the point in having an opinion on anything? The internet can give me the right answer anyway.

Mike Mayock absolutely loved Darius Butler a few years back. Said he had great feet and balance and would become a very good CB. Said he should be a first rounder. How'd he do with the Pats?

Charley Casserly lost his job with the Texans due to years of bad drafting.

Everyone can be wrong at times.

Very few people (if any) on this board can state they have the same access to footage as scouts and teams do. However we can still watch the game. For instance, I don't need Mike Mayock to tell me that Andrew Luck is the best player in the draft. Anyone who has watched college football should see that.

People come onto this, and other, forums to express their own opinions about players, games and other things NFL related or not.

I would rather read someone like Matthew's top 100 than someone who basically went and collated a list of so many "experts" rankings and passed them off as their own. At least he has the stones to stick by his opinions. I don't agree with all of them but those are my opinions. I don't agree with all of Mike Mayock's or Scott Wright's or anyone's opinions. That's the whole idea of a forum. It is a place to express your own views and debate them with others.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

My aim is to provide the most honest rankings possible based off of my own independent studies and analysis; I cannot claim to know what every other draft expert is saying, because the majority of my draft research involves watching college football games, Combine workouts, and player interviews rather than reading what Bucky Brooks and Charlie Casserly have to say.

The rankings contained in this topic are the result of that research. If you would like to know how "Mayock, Casserly, and Brooks plus Gil Brandt" feel about prospects, I suggest you enter "http://www.nfl.com" into your browser; their opinions should be somewhere on that site.

I always take the time to respond to reasonable questions, so if you have a specific inquiry regarding a prospect, I would be glad to offer my opinion.

You are free to reject my rankings if you so choose; at no point did I instruct you to accept them. My opinion is that life is about making decisions; for example, I have made the decision to ignore ignorant posters such as yourself.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People still take IAC seriously? :|

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I have just made another life decision: awarding 2012 points of negative reputation to Iamcanadian for wasting my time.