Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvikefan89 View Post
Keep up the good work Scott and Co.

To those complaining... realize that Scott doesn't charge a penny for this site and depends on high traffic in order to make $$$ off the ads. He has all the incentive in the world to make this place the best it can possibly be. If there's a delay in scouting reports, mocks, etc. there is obviously a very good reason for it, and it hurts Scott a lot more than it hurts you.

My 2 cents.
We know the site is free, and nobody is really complaining, save one or two posts we are just trying to give constructive criticism. We realize how hard he works at times.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's serious.... I'll do it for 9....
Old 03-02-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
We know the site is free, and nobody is really complaining, save one or two posts we are just trying to give constructive criticism. We realize how hard he works at times.
I was addressing those who were complaining (more of them than you are indicating), not people who are just trying to give constructive advice.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
Old 03-02-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious. Are you being serious? Please tell me you're not being serious.
Deadly serious. My mock drafts are like heaven, tbh i'd be getting ripped of at $10 an hour, im moving my offer up to 15.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will most likely be taking applications for an intern position this summer.

Start polishing up those resumes! :o)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 03-03-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I will most likely be taking applications for an intern position this summer.

Start polishing up those resumes! :o)
What sort of things would they be asked to do?

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What sort of things would they be asked to do?
Managing a warehouse inventory of Grapico to keep Scott hydrated.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvikefan89 View Post
Managing a warehouse inventory of Grapico to keep Scott hydrated.
Sign me up then.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

On the topic of improvements i think there should be a 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' type thing on every post and if a post gets a certain amount of thumbs up the post becomes green and if a post gets a certain amount of thumbs down the post becomes red.

That would be cool!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-03-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been around awhile and it seems like the bulk of reports get have always been done post-Combine in the past. For nobody getting paid the quality is always top notch. Keep up the good work boys.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the topic of improvements i think there should be a 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' type thing on every post and if a post gets a certain amount of thumbs up the post becomes green and if a post gets a certain amount of thumbs down the post becomes red.

That would be cool!
they call that rep

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
they call that rep
But for single posts instead just a poster as a whole!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Rippke
Rookie

Rippke hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shane and Scott, thank you for your thoughtful responses!

"I feel like I am letting everyone down a bit too by my busy schedule and not being able to take some of this load off of Scott, but I know I am still not quite up to snuff to maintain the level of excellence he has brought for so long in many of those areas. "

Shane, to be clear, I did not mean to call you out. I was trying to explain what I had observed and wanted to understand what was going on behind the scenes. It's tough to phrase constructive criticism properly, particularly online. I don't think you or Scott have let anyone down!

I'm sorry someone bailed on you guys. That certainly makes things difficult.

For the record, I still think this is the best draft site on the internet because of the quality of insight. I'll definitely keep coming back for more!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Scott and Hallam, this site is and still remains the #1 draft site on the net and we should all be glad that it is still free.
Thanks again and keep up the excellent work.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said this before, but i'll say it again...CLICK ON SOME AD's!

Its free content for us, but its not free for Scott...domains, marketing, travel, ad's etc all cost money.

If we click on more ad's, scott will be in a better position to improve the site.

Click away folks!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But for single posts instead just a poster as a whole!
I want a tool for rating individual sentences either poorly or positively, in case someone crafts a particularly wry turn of phrase or says something incredibly stupid. Then whole posts can consist of alternating strings of red and green text, it will be like Christmas on SWDC all year round!

Or we can just stick with rep, I don't want to have to rate someone nine different ways every time they say something I like.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I've said this before, but i'll say it again...CLICK ON SOME AD's!

Its free content for us, but its not free for Scott...domains, marketing, travel, ad's etc all cost money.

If we click on more ad's, scott will be in a better position to improve the site.

Click away folks!
I don't believe there are ads on the forum. Better content on the main site = more eyes = more ad clicks. Less content on the main site = less eyes = less ad clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
Old 03-03-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott still puts together a top notch website, with very good Senior Bowl reports and informative mocks. If he needs help keeping this updated, I'd gladly offer my services to keep the this website going. Shane has put a lot of work in the in the recent years and also deserves some praise.

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember this thread from last year. And I'll say again what I said there. The podcasts are a waste of time for a lot of people. I've been on this site since early 2005, and I don't post a ton, but visit every day. I absolutely do not want to have to listen to people talk to find the information I want. You can't skim through listening, you don't know where the information you are interested in is located. If formatting the scouting reports is time consuming, you need to update the template that the site is using. I have designed a few websites, and posting a scouting report should not be any more time consuming than typing it in word. If formatting pictures takes too long, don't use pictures for everyone. That's not what people are looking for. This is meant to be constructive feedback, not at all a complaint.

Last edited by dolphinfan2k5 : 03-03-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
If formatting the scouting reports is time consuming, you need to update the template that the site is using. I have designed a few websites, and posting a scouting report should not be any more time consuming than typing it in word. If formatting pictures takes too long, don't use pictures for everyone.
I don't think "formatting the scouting report" is really the time consuming part, but researching it and then translating your notes to the correct format. I mean, if someone named a random day 2 prospect in the draft, how long would it take you to generate four paragraphs about the guy based on information that is actually meaningful (more on watching the 22s on a guy, less on "reading what other people have already written.")
Old 03-03-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Where do scouts like Scott actually get their tape from? I've always wonder about this.

Also i agree about the Podcasts, in my year on this website i have only listened to one podcast. I dont know how much other people listen to them.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I don't think "formatting the scouting report" is really the time consuming part, but researching it and then translating your notes to the correct format. I mean, if someone named a random day 2 prospect in the draft, how long would it take you to generate four paragraphs about the guy based on information that is actually meaningful (more on watching the 22s on a guy, less on "reading what other people have already written.")
Yes, that is obviously the more time consuming part. Shane just mentioned formatting being an issue. And I recall the scouting reports being in note form anyway (which I like), and day two (or what would be day three now) prospects generally don't have as in depth of reports (which they shouldn't).
Old 03-04-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That would be cool!
What a tremendously original idea. I'm surprised that a huge blog site like, oh I don't know, maybe SBNation, hasn't adopted something like this.

Just giving you a hard time SP.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Its fine. I'll take the abuse :(

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, the new mock is still on pace to be finished on Monday.

I will post the first round on Monday and the second round on Tuesday.

Got a bit of a surprise in the Top 10!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Closed Thread