Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock before Free Agency

Free Agency:

Ben Grubbs OG or Chilo Rachal OG

Mario Manningham WR

Jim Leonhard Safety

Resign:
Nelson, Rucker, Collins, B. Johnson, Lawson, Sims, D. Rolen

Draft scenario #1 with a trade up

1A) Trade up to #12. We trade our 17th pick and next year’s 2nd round pick to Seattle. Seattle will be willing to trade down since they want Ryan Tannehill . We have an additional 2nd round pick next year thanks to our good buddies the Oakland Raiders. We pick Trent Richardson RB Alabama.

1B) Cordy Glenn OG Georgia With Ben Grubbs and Glenn added to this O-Line Dalton, Richardson, Green, Manningham, Gresham, and Shipley will be elite. If we can sign a CB in free agency then there is no need to go Kirkpatrick or Jenkins here.

2) Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt Heyward is my favorite sleeper at CB. He is the perfect #2 corner. I watched his tape and he plays a lot faster than his 40 time. He has better than advertised ball skills and his man coverage is starter material in the NFL. I think that his value is too great to pass on in the 2nd round if we don’t pick up a CB in free agency.

3) Cam Johnson DE Virginia I don’t think that we will resign Fanene and the NY Giants have shown that you can’t have too many DE’s or DT’s that get after the QB. Johnson has recorded 25 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks the last two seasons. Besides Dunlop the DE position doesn’t scare anyone. Adding another rotational player to keep guys fresh will help.

4) Devier Posey WR OSU Posey is a local product that will top out as a #2 WR in the NFL. He possesses good value in the 4th round. With the loss of both Simpson and Caldwell and additional WR is needed. Posey runs good short and intermediate routes. He is not afraid to go over the middle either. Posey is a good fit for a #3 WR behind Manningham and Green.

5) Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati The man is 6’5” 305 lbs. and plays with a ton of heart. He has a high motor for a man his size. Wolfe really rounded into form his senior year where he posted 21.5 tackles for loss as well as 9.5 sacks. He would be a great addition to the defensive as a rotational player especially is Sims leaves in FA.

Draft scenario #2 with no trade

1A) David DeCastro OG Stanford DeCastro is the best OG prospect that I have followed in the last 10 years. He is as good a pass blocker as he is a run blocker. He possesses elite knee bending skills which allows him to get leverage on all of the D-Linemen. DeCastro is agile on his feet which allowed him to be the best pulling guard in all of college football last year. Plain and simple, he is the best OG prospect that I have ever seen.

1B) Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama Jenkins skills alone make him a top 10 pick. I have him as the second best CB in the draft behind Claiborne. Jenkins is a future shutdown #1 CB. He showed off his #1 CB skills against our own AJ Green and Julio Jones in college. I know he has off the field issues but his talent and our need for a #1 CB trump the off field issues.

2) Doug Martin RB Boise St. Martin is a physical running back that fits the mold of a typical AFC North RB. I have him as the third best RB in the draft behind only Richardson and Miller. Martin is good in blitz pick up and runs down hill. He is quicker than he is fast, meaning that he has good feet and hits the hole hard but lacks breakaway speed in the open field. He could come in and start day one.

3) Cam Johnson DE Virginia I don’t think that we will resign Fanene and the NY Giants have shown that you can’t have too many DE’s or DT’s that get after the QB. Johnson has recorded 25 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks the last two seasons. Besides Dunlop the DE position doesn’t scare anyone. Adding another rotational player to keep guys fresh will help.

4) Devier Posey WR OSU Posey is a local product that will top out as a #2 WR in the NFL. He possesses good value in the 4th round. With the loss of both Simpson and Caldwell and additional WR is needed. Posey runs good short and intermediate routes. He is not afraid to go over the middle either. Posey is a good fit for a #3 WR behind Manningham and Green.

5) Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati The man is 6’5” 305 lbs. and plays with a ton of heart. He has a high motor for a man his size. Wolfe really rounded into form his senior year where he posted 21.5 tackles for loss as well as 9.5 sacks. He would be a great addition to the defensive as a rotational player especially is Sims leaves in FA.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by FootballGod : 03-05-2012 at 12:08 PM.
FootballGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Manningham to the Bengals it looks like he will stay in New York or go to Tampa Bay.

I also don't see the Bengals taking the risk on Jenkins in the 1st.

Chilo Rachal really isn't a upgrade over what we already have.

It also looks like the Bengals will get Michael Bush in FA.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 03-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Rachal blows. He's a penalty machine and sucks in pass protection.

I really like the Decastro/Jenkins 1st round, but would hope to grab a prospect like Turbin in round 3/4 for RB.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that think that Chilo Rachal would be an upgrade over anyone are simply out of touch. The dude is not good at all. If we land Decastro in round 1 I will be ecstatic.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote