Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were Brees, I'd be very tempted to hold out. 14.4 is chump-change compared to his worth.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
5 years, $90 mil, $ 40 mil guaranteed.

Easy. I just signed Drew Brees.
Is the Saints GM that clueless??
Do you think that Brees is still going to be worth that chunk of a change until he is 38?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the exclusive rights tag the Saints placed on Brees it's $15.4 mil, one mil more than just the franchise tag.

They should have enough to give Nicks a deal similar to the one they gave Jahri Evans with that money they saved by franchising Brees. After the Nicks deal they can then come back and either address Colston or Brees or both.

Like I've been saying too, they'll save even more by releasing Vilma which I think is coming. They could then either target JoLonn Dunbar in FA or try to draft one to start immediately. They'll have to be frugal for FA's after signing their superstars but that is something the Saints are used to doing.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Did the new CBA change the franchise rule at all? If I'm the Saints I tag him next year too, possibly even a third year. Then he's what, 36? At that point you can probably move on, although let me reconsider...YOU'RE THE SAINTS, NOT THE ****ING GREEN BAY PACKERS, PAY THE MAN
If Brees plays to his approx $15.5m tag in 2012 and is then franchised again in 2013, he'll get 120% of his 2012 salary - which is the same as the old CBA. Where the CBA rules changed from the old system is that if a player is franchised for a 3rd time he would get 144% of his previous year's salary (instead of staying at 120%). So by 2014 that would pay Brees approx $27m. Overall it works out at roughly $61/62m over 3 years if the Saints tag Brees for the next 3 seasons.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Do you think that Brees is still going to be worth that chunk of a change until he is 38?
You can front load the contract and over pay early on, but during the life of the contract it helps the franchise. That's we do our contracts for our DEs. We did that with Strahan, and with Osi.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal. If a deal isn't struck, Brees must sign the franchise tag deal or hold out.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/17605176
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this backlash from the lockout last year? That's the only reason I can think of for not wanting to extend Brees. He was already tagged once before with the Chargers and he feels this is his last chance to really break the bank. He's healthy and playing at peak level, what's the problem? I don't get treating the face of your franchise like this. Brees will still be making the New Orleans Saints money long after he's retired.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 03-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
If I were Brees, I'd be very tempted to hold out. 14.4 is chump-change compared to his worth.
He can't hold out. He was part of the players' team that championed the CBA that allows him to be tagged. It would look bad.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
QBs typically play until they're ~36-38, and contracts are likely to boom in two years; so yeah, quite possibly. If not, you plan ahead and sign him to a trade-friendly contract, so that you can trade him to the highest bidder who thinks that they're only a past-his-prime QB away from the SB.

Last edited by WCH : 03-05-2012 at 09:29 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote