Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Oh yes. What's not to like?

Stiff, only speed rushes, gets high on contact. I don't hate him like I used too, but he's not one of the best prospects in the class. Not at all.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Stiff, only speed rushes, gets high on contact. I don't hate him like I used too, but he's not one of the best prospects in the class. Not at all.
Meh he's stiff but not to where it actually hinders him or his game. It's just something to point out as far as I'm concerned...Not to mention its becoming the new "he takes plays off" that 300+ pound DTs get for 3-4 OLB prospects.

Completely disagree on the speed rush...he can bull rush, hes got a spin move, and he swims.

IMO throw him in the pile of guys you can plug and play and expect competence from. Underrated. I'm going to go as far as saying I'd take him over Ingram if I was a 3-4 team.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. I'm going to go as far as saying I'd take him over Ingram if I was a 3-4 team.
People are underrating Ingram. and Upshaw. These guys are football players thru and thru.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Buyer Beware.

Perry has good games and then disappears for the next 6.
He was a nightmare for my Huskies. I think in the right defense (3-4) he is going to be invaluable chasing down the new eral of mobile QBs. Hoping for him to land at one of the two New England picks.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He was a nightmare for my Huskies. I think in the right defense (3-4) he is going to be invaluable chasing down the new eral of mobile QBs. Hoping for him to land at one of the two New England picks.
Perry is on record saying he prefers to play with his hand on the ground, not standing up as a 34 backer.
I expect he does to a conventional 43 defense.

LOL at everyone who says a guy takes plays off, or disappears for stretches.

So does DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller, etc. They disappear at times when teams focus on stopping them.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
People are underrating Ingram. and Upshaw. These guys are football players thru and thru.
As is Perry...who is the biggest and best athlete of the three.

I'm starting to think Perry is more underrated than either. From what I've been reading on forums it's almost like he's being penalized for having great workout numbers at the combine...As if that's all the junior with 21 career sacks at USC is about. Pop on some Perry and he's a better mover than Upshaw while being a much better pass rusher than Ingram.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's one of those guys who's tough to figure out. He's a power rusher with closing speed like Carlos Dunlap, except he's not built like that kind of traditional defensive end.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Is the difference between this guy and Orakpo basically Orakpo staying for his senior season and letting the beat build?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dude posted a 83.83 KEI...

That's the highest I've ever seen from anyone. JJ Watt had an 81 last year, and that was the highest I've seen since, what? Woodley? Those two guys have done pretty good.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's stiff? That can be taught out of a player. His potential is through the roof. Its not like his 13 TFL and 8.5 sacks aren't productive last year.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As is Perry...who is the biggest and best athlete of the three.
perry is the best athlete in a straight line. Force to change direction, backpedal or run sideline to sideline, there are many better athletes.

if there is a top 12 surprise DE it's Mercilus not Perry.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
perry is the best athlete in a straight line. Force to change direction, backpedal or run sideline to sideline, there are many better athletes.

if there is a top 12 surprise DE it's Mercilus not Perry.
I'll laugh at whoever takes Mercilus top 15.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'll laugh at whoever takes Mercilus top 15.
Why? He's a one hit wonder, sure...but he's a helluva pass rusher. I could see Miami taking him if they deem him worthy. Its not like his combine hurt his stock or anything.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Can someone translate this into english for me.
My guess is he is trying to mock someone who has brain damage from concussions and cannot formulate sentences? If true, disgraceful.

Either that, or it is some cheap attempt to promote the sale of baseball hats?
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Meh he's stiff but not to where it actually hinders him or his game. It's just something to point out as far as I'm concerned...Not to mention its becoming the new "he takes plays off" that 300+ pound DTs get for 3-4 OLB prospects.

Completely disagree on the speed rush...he can bull rush, hes got a spin move, and he swims.

IMO throw him in the pile of guys you can plug and play and expect competence from. Underrated. I'm going to go as far as saying I'd take him over Ingram if I was a 3-4 team.

Tightness is definitely a legitamate concern from someone who soley runs the arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Why? He's a one hit wonder, sure...but he's a helluva pass rusher. I could see Miami taking him if they deem him worthy. Its not like his combine hurt his stock or anything.
Let me start by saying, he's purely a pass rusher. Not a good run defender at all. Might not be the biggest deal considering the NFL game, but still not ideal for someone we are talking about going this early.

Also, I just feel as if when there's contact, he's done. Struggles to disengage, gets upright, loses leverage, etc. Also, I haven't charted all of his sacks, but it seems like he made a quite a few of his plays from the DT spot. I suppose you can argue that means he has some versatility and the DC coordinator can be creative with him, but when someone's production blows up one year and they're doing a lot of it from unique usage (Jamaal Anderson, DaQuan Bowers) it scares me.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 03-06-2012 at 12:29 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tightness is definitely a legitamate concern from someone who soley runs the arc.
1. Then it's a good thing he does more than run the arc.

2. It's also a good thing that that tightness can be worked on.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
1. Then it's a good thing he does more than run the arc.

2. It's also a good thing that that tightness can be worked on.

If you say so. I haven't seen him do all that much besides his speed rush personally. And I don't see any kind of explosiveness/suddeness when trying to change direction. I'll try and find some more tape since you seem pretty adament about this.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Perry is he reminds me so much of Aldon Smith sometimes, and I hated Aldon Smith. The other thing is, Aldon Smith dominated as a rookie. So where does that leave me? Confused. No idea what to make of him as a prospect.

I'll tell you one thing though, Perry doesn't have the inside counter that works so god damned well for Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The thing about Perry is he reminds me so much of Aldon Smith sometimes, and I hated Aldon Smith. The other thing is, Aldon Smith dominated as a rookie. So where does that leave me? Confused. No idea what to make of him as a prospect.

I'll tell you one thing though, Perry doesn't have the inside counter that works so god damned well for Smith.

^^^. I think Aldon's leg injury wasn't accounted for another and made him look unimpressive at times though...I also don't think Perry has the same kind of hand usage as Aldon (although Perry's is good).