Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite people saying about all the guys being tagged and/or signed, I actually love this free agency class for the Pats

Mario Williams tops the list obviously

If they want to get a guy in at OG in case Waters retires there are guys like Evan Mathis etc who will be cheaper since you have Grubbs/Nicks at the top of the OG class

At WR you have Vincent Jackson, Robert Meachem, Pierre Garcon and Brandon Lloyd who are all real good fits in NE. Not to mention Mike Wallace as an RFA

At CB I don't see them going after either Carr or Finnegan but someone like Tracy Porter could be a fit.

As I mentioned Red Bryant is a helluva fit at DE/DT

The only place that isn't good for the Pats is safety and if they really wanted they could go after Reggie Nelson who is an upgrade at FS over Ihedigbo

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety has to be the top priority in the draft at this point. I know we'd all love pass rush help, be it DE or OLB (both please!) but there is no question we need at least one S in town and there's slim pickins in FA, as you metion.

On Mario . . . is there any source other than Peter King? Basically, everything I find leads back to him on MMQB, and that really doesn't necessarily bode well for there being any substance to it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my priority FAs this year is:

1. Mario Williams
2. Mike Wallace
3. Terrell Thomas
4. John Carlson
5. Brandon Carr
6. Vincent Jackson
7. Carl Nicks

I think that's about it when it comes to *priority* FAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter reported that Mario to NE as of right now seems unlikely, and envisions him else where. I really wouldnt get our hopes up for him. I think Wallace is actually more of an option personally just for how many reports have come out linking us to him. I personally would rather grab Mario than give up so much for Wallace when there are a ton of free agent wrs out there to be had. Moss apparently looked very good working out for the saints, and I have been on record here saying how much I would welcome his return. Colston is out there and doesnt seem to be drawing a ton of attention right now, so despite knee surgeries if we could get him for a relatively low price I would be happy. As for safety, Reiss wrote up Landry could be had for cheap but I don't envision it being ideal for us. All I know is this should and can be a very exciting off season for us, and if we make work with it like in 2007 we could come out a very very scary team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, that's kind of what I figured. Peter King is about as useful as John Clayton. They're basically the first place teams go when they want misinformation dessimintated.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Lloyd, Matt Roth, and Manny Lawson are three of my most-wanted players and none of the above would break the bank.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Brandon Lloyd, Matt Roth, and Manny Lawson are three of my most-wanted players and none of the above would break the bank.
I like Lloyd, but frankly I think we should work something out to see if we can do better than Lawson or Roth neither guy really solves the issues we have at OLB. I'd rather us stick with the 4-3 and keep Carter and Anderson than take on those guys as my 3-4 OLB's.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Safety has to be the top priority in the draft at this point. I know we'd all love pass rush help, be it DE or OLB (both please!) but there is no question we need at least one S in town and there's slim pickins in FA, as you metion.

On Mario . . . is there any source other than Peter King? Basically, everything I find leads back to him on MMQB, and that really doesn't necessarily bode well for there being any substance to it.
With such slim pickings at safety in FA could we see DMC move to safety and try to snag a FA CB or draft one or two?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I hope not. Devin showed way too much potential at CB in year one to just outright give up after a down year. He didn't shine at S, either, so it's not a lock he'd succeed there by any means. I'd much rather see what he can do after a full offseason with a bur under his saddle after last year's awful showing.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's hoping Miami don't sign Peyton.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Here's hoping Miami don't sign Peyton.
Manning wont come to a division where he has to play Brady twice a year. As others have said, the NFC west would be the easiest best place for him to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Manning wont come to a division where he has to play Brady twice a year. As others have said, the NFC west would be the easiest best place for him to go.
Yeah I think so too. Arizona/KC/SF/Seattle are my picks.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I think Arizona and Seattle are the two most likely for Manning.

I'm really starting to feel like we'll make a big push for Vincent Jackson. It just has BB written all over it, with the huge games he's had against us the last two times we've faced SD.

Jackson vs. NE
2011 - 10/172/2
2010 - none (holdout)
2009 - none (no NE vs. SD matchup)
2008 - 5/134/1
2007 - 4/53/0 and 6/93/0 (playoffs)
2006 - 2/43/0
2005 - none (rookie)

He has improved against us in each successive matchup, and lit us up big time in the last two. No franchise tag, either. He'll be pricey but shouldn't be crazy expensive, and we've got room under the cap.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't he one bad decision away from being suspended for an entire year?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I think so. I also think that he's too old for BB to shell out the kind of money that Jackson is going to seek. I would be very surprised if Jackson were to come here and play.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Two years without issue now, so I doubt that's a big factor anymore. It is probably something that would impact the contract, be it $$$ or clauses for behavior, suspension time, etc.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was bad enough facing Manning once a year on the colts... If he goes to the Phins and we get him a guaranteed 2 times a year... ugh

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
It was bad enough facing Manning once a year on the colts... If he goes to the Phins and we get him a guaranteed 2 times a year... ugh
We don't even know if Manning can still play anymore. Anyway, I'll take the Pats offense over the Phins, even if Wayne comes with Manning. And it's not like their defense is amazing either. I don't buy the Phins as automatic Superbowl contenders with Manning. Better? Yes but not amazing. I'd be a lot more worried if he went to the Jets

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
We don't even know if Manning can still play anymore. Anyway, I'll take the Pats offense over the Phins, even if Wayne comes with Manning. And it's not like their defense is amazing either. I don't buy the Phins as automatic Superbowl contenders with Manning. Better? Yes but not amazing. I'd be a lot more worried if he went to the Jets
Jets are Dolphins, my point was I dont want him the division.. Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Jets are Dolphins, my point was I dont want him the division.. Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning...
Yeah exactly. Much rather see him on some NFC team.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders are expected to release LB Kam Wimbley:

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3685/kamerion-wimbley

The source names the Chargers as the favorites, but I'd love this guy. NFL.com lists him as 6'4", 255, and he's only missed one career game as a linebacker in both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. He averages just over seven sacks per season. Please sign him, Bill.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that. Adding Wimbley to go along with Carter and Anderson would not be bad at all. Throw in a few rookies and who knows. Wimbley has been stuck on **** teams his whole career, maybe playing for a team who can contend would benefit him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Meh... I wouldn't like it if we gave him a big contract. Sign him to a cheap deal and I'll be OK with it.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be nothing to write home about, but we are not signing Mario Williams so Wimbley isn't a bad option. We need to add a pass rusher in some capacity and Wimbley makes sense when you look at what else is out there between FA's and the draft.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Sure he makes sense. I'd just rather pay Mario Williams and fix the problem once and for all. Getting Wimbley would just once again push the problem further into the future. I we can get him on the cheap then great. Otherwise no thanks.

Quote: