Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY liked Meachem the year he came out after watching him closely throughout the Draft process but he came into Saints camp overweight and got shoved down the depth chart. I think he's ironed out his issues and could be an awesome bargain for the Niners in FA, as he still has upside that wasn't showcased very deeply as he was one prong within a multi-pronged potent Saints offense. I say signing him to a 3 or 4 year deal for a few million a year is a no-brainer!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Meachem was drafted to be a starter opposite Colston yet he never surpassed Henderson on the depth chart. Meachem isnt a playmaker and the only reason he's ever done anything is because of all the weapons around him. I dont see him doing a damn thing in SF. Personally, I see him as another Bryant Johnson - a waste of money, space and time.

Yeah, im playing favorites with Wallace but when you look at the positives and negatives, Wallace has far more positives and less negatives than any UFA WR and WR that will be drafted at 30. Wallace is the perfect fit to an offense that needs a deep threat. Wallace is that guy and unlike others, he's already proven himself and he's only 25 years old. Sorry but paying Wallace $10m+ a year and giving up the 30th draft pick is far better than paying a 29 year old Vincent Jackson who's one DUI away from a year suspension, a soon to be 28 year old in Colston who'll decline once he leaves NO and has more operations on his knee than women in hollywood get botox. LOL. Meachem, Manningham, Morgan, Lloyd, Wayne, Burress, etc. are just a waste of money for various reasons and all of theim arent going to improve...they are what they are and thats it. With Wallace, he can still improve his game which is something I cant say for the rest of them. Only other receiver I would want is Garcon because he's young and still has a lot of potential, upside and value. All the others are a waste because they dont fit in with the team.

First, please stop comparing last off-season to now or the future. That was a shortened off-season after a lockout with basically no off-season. Just because two cheap signings worked doesnt mean they will work again and one of them is a soon to be 31 year old CB who's more likely to become Clements part two than repeat what he did in 2011 and if Baalke re-signs Rogers for a high amount, then you can eliminate one of those so called good signings of 2011 because it would go down the drain.

Second, Alex Smith doesnt need security considering his contract when he was drafted. He's got plenty of security. If I had 1/10th of the money he has, I would retired and living in a tropical paradise. He's also going to be 28. A three year deal is more than fair and even if he gets a longer deal, it will probably be backloaded to where its still a three year deal and love players who never seem to realize that.

Third, the more I think about it.......Manning plus Wallace would make us the favorites in the NFC to win the SB if not the entire NFL. The only negative would be is if Manning isnt healthy to start the season even though I think he will be because he's an egomaniac and determined to show people that he's not done. Also, would take him away from the Cardinals because I do think that he's going there along with Wayne and Garcon.
Sure Meacheam isn't a play-maker, he just averages a little over 16 yards a catch for his career to date. Wallace? Slightly better at 18.7 yards a catch. So for two more yards a catch you want to justify giving up a first rounder and giving him 10 million a year? Keep hope alive Dan.....but your end for a rude awakening come free agency. Manning is not coming. Neither is Wallace. So does your overly pessimistic views on to just about everything that doesn't include us spending wildly(and blindly may I add) mean we'll have to endure a entire off-season of you dooming this team and organization before the fact? Because that seems to be a re-ocurring theme in your posts. Im just waiting for you to bring up Moss's workout with the Saints and why Harbaalke are idiots for not doing the same thing.

And enough with you sucking off Wallace already. He's a very one demensional WR at this point. Does that one demension bring something to the table we lack? Absolutely. But its not nearly worth the price your willing to pay for it. Nothing wrong with having favorites as far as players go but you act as though were guranteed Lombardi #6 if Wallace and that one attribute are brought into the fold. Not even the case. Im sure even you know its never that simple, right?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I REALLY liked Meachem the year he came out after watching him closely throughout the Draft process but he came into Saints camp overweight and got shoved down the depth chart. I think he's ironed out his issues and could be an awesome bargain for the Niners in FA, as he still has upside that wasn't showcased very deeply as he was one prong within a multi-pronged potent Saints offense. I say signing him to a 3 or 4 year deal for a few million a year is a no-brainer!
Agreed. He's defintely a guy you could see only getting better with more targets.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meachem was drafted to be a starter opposite Colston yet he never surpassed Henderson on the depth chart. Meachem isnt a playmaker and the only reason he's ever done anything is because of all the weapons around him. I dont see him doing a damn thing in SF. Personally, I see him as another Bryant Johnson - a waste of money, space and time.

Yeah, im playing favorites with Wallace but when you look at the positives and negatives, Wallace has far more positives and less negatives than any UFA WR and WR that will be drafted at 30. Wallace is the perfect fit to an offense that needs a deep threat. Wallace is that guy and unlike others, he's already proven himself and he's only 25 years old. Sorry but paying Wallace $10m+ a year and giving up the 30th draft pick is far better than paying a 29 year old Vincent Jackson who's one DUI away from a year suspension, a soon to be 28 year old in Colston who'll decline once he leaves NO and has more operations on his knee than women in hollywood get botox. LOL. Meachem, Manningham, Morgan, Lloyd, Wayne, Burress, etc. are just a waste of money for various reasons and all of them arent going to improve...they are what they are and thats it. With Wallace, he can still improve his game which is something I cant say for the rest of them. Only other receiver I would want is Garcon because he's young and still has a lot of potential, upside and value. All the others are a waste because they dont fit in with the team.

First, please stop comparing last off-season to now or the future. That was a shortened off-season after a lockout with basically no off-season. Just because two cheap signings worked doesnt mean they will work again and one of them is a soon to be 31 year old CB who's more likely to become Clements part two than repeat what he did in 2011 and if Baalke re-signs Rogers for a high amount, then you can eliminate one of those so called good signings of 2011 because it would go down the drain.

Second, Alex Smith doesnt need security considering his contract when he was drafted. He's got plenty of security. If I had 1/10th of the money he has, I would retired and living in a tropical paradise. He's also going to be 28. A three year deal is more than fair and even if he gets a longer deal, it will probably be backloaded to where its still a three year deal and love players who never seem to realize that.

Third, the more I think about it.......Manning plus Wallace would make us the favorites in the NFC to win the SB if not the entire NFL. The only negative would be is if Manning isnt healthy to start the season even though I think he will be because he's an egomaniac and determined to show people that he's not done. Also, would take him away from the Cardinals because I do think that he's going there along with Wayne and Garcon.
Dan stop bitching for 2 seconds and read this.

All the knocks on Meachems productivity come from people that don't watch Saints games. Meachem wasn't brought it to be a go to guy he was brought in to fill a role. Everyone in the Saints offense has their role. Meachem is capable of more it just wasn't asked of him in New Orleans. I would love to see him in SF.

Your depth chart argument is irrelevant. There is no depth chart with the Saints skill guys. It is a role playing offense, and everybody has their role.

Colston - Undereath routes red zone target
Henderson - Vertical threat
Lance Moore - Underneath slot guy
Meachem - Vertical threat

If you watched a Saints game you would see that's all they have those guys doing is their role. Now i'm not saying Meachem is for sure that number one guy, but honestly we don't know because he has never in New Orleans been asked to be that guy. At the price they could get him it's definitely worth the investment.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The type of security Smith is looking for isn't monetary. What he wants (like a lot of older players with a family) is a contract in a place where his family is comfortable. He's from San Diego, and his wife is from the Bay Area.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah hell lets go out and Peyton let Smith ride the bench. Peyton would gives another chance at a super bowl. We can spare 30 mil .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
The type of security Smith is looking for isn't monetary. What he wants (like a lot of older players with a family) is a contract in a place where his family is comfortable. He's from San Diego, and his wife is from the Bay Area.
Understandable but just because he may sign a six year deal doesnt mean he'll play it out in SF. If Smith signs a six year deal, I would be shocked if the last three seasons werent heavily backloaded. 49ers committing to Smith for more than three seasons isnt a smart decision because what about Kaepernick? He'll basically be a waste of a draft pick and in case Smith declines instead of improving, if he's under a long term deal with no way out for the team, well then, that just goes against everything everyone has been saying about the 49ers front office and the sad part is that it would be for an above average player at best.

Whatever, just have to wait and see what happens. Oh well, until FA starts, at least we can watch where Manning goes. Thats should be fun.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Ah hell lets go out and Peyton let Smith ride the bench. Peyton would gives another chance at a super bowl. We can spare 30 mil .
Its funny. I didnt want Manning period but with Smith declining an offer of $9-11m a season back in December and him turning into a pain in the ass all of a sudden, I wouldnt be against signing Manning. If anything, it might be a better move signing Manning to a two or three year deal and then have Kaepernick take over because regardless of who the starting QB is in 2012, I would think that Kaepernick would be the starter in 2014.

However, I still see the Cardinals signing Manning, releasing Brown, Porter, Bradley and Kolb. Then, they'll bring in Wayner and Garcon during FA. Draft, they rebuild their OL and well, I'll be one pissed off guy but thats nothing new.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smith declining an offer of $9-11m a season back in December and him turning into a pain in the ass all of a sudden
Links, please?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Agree. Didnt know he was that stout of a blocker though. That's something Baalke and Jimbaugh would covet, to go along with his skills as a WR. But I think he's going to command, and recieve, more than a 3-year, 13 million deal. That's beyond a steal at that price. I think he'll be looking for more years than that. Especially with alot of the big names already off the table.
Yeah I was a bit surprised that they left him on the field for one WR sets over Colston. I am really looking forward to seeing how the WR market plays out next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan77733
Schilens??? UGH. No thanks. An injury prone non-productive receiver who would be probably competing for the 4th spot or worse on the depth chart. Crap like this is what I will never understand because when you put money towards a few average players, you could combine that money and go after a top tier player. As for Morgan, I hope he leaves. It doesnt make any sense to pay Morgan when he would be third best because him and Crabtree arent number one receivers. They're a good compliment to a number one receiver.
All of Schilens career TD's have come in the redzone. I didn't say bring Schilens and give him a chance to start. I would still sign and draft another WR. But I think for the price he could really help the 49ers in an area they struggle in.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update on Alex Smith's contract situation:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora: #49ers focused on Smith, not Manning. Have offer on table to Smith and hope to get him signed sooner rather than later
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Update on Alex Smith's contract situation:
Like I said, I'm not worried. It will get done evetually.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Cant wait to see the contract if/when Smith signs it and if the contract offer thats on the table is declined by Smith, what then?

And as for the link to Smith turning down that money, I posted it yesterday. Its on the previos page and its on rotoworld.com since thats where I read, copied and pasted it from.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I talk to niner fans and they are so positive about the future. I still like we blew our one chance, it's SO HARD to get back there. It still makes me sick, to the point of exhaustion. I can't even seem to care much about the draft or FA, I keep thinking we blew it.

I also feel like Alex Smith is going to tear it up next year, so what do I know.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I talk to niner fans and they are so positive about the future. I still like we blew our one chance, it's SO HARD to get back there. It still makes me sick, to the point of exhaustion. I can't even seem to care much about the draft or FA, I keep thinking we blew it.

I also feel like Alex Smith is going to tear it up next year, so what do I know.
Trust me I feel the same way. I still haven't watched the cut ups up the 49ers/Giants game. But it is hard not to be excited about having a competent coaching staff and front office for the first time in years. This team is positioned to be a contender for the next few years.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cant wait to see the contract if/when Smith signs it and if the contract offer thats on the table is declined by Smith, what then?

And as for the link to Smith turning down that money, I posted it yesterday. Its on the previos page and its on rotoworld.com since thats where I read, copied and pasted it from.
He hasn't turned down any deal. 49ers offering 3 year deal and Alex's agent is pushing for a longer deal, which at this point is only natural for an agent to do. I still think a deal will get done in the next few days and it will be 3 yr/$30 million.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This link?

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco suggests that free agent Alex Smith is targeting a Ryan Fitzpatrick-caliber contract from the 49ers.The Niners were reportedly willing to offer a multi-year deal worth $8-11 million annually by the end of last season. Fitzpatrick's six-year, $59 million deal is valued at just under $10 million per season. It also includes $24 million guaranteed. Indications are the 49ers would prefer a shorter-term, three-year commitment with Smith. Smith's agent, Tom Condon, may be pushing for more years

Quote:
Smith declining an offer of $9-11m a season back in December and him turning into a pain in the ass all of a sudden.
He didn't turn anything down. Where is the link to him being a pain in the ass?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yeah, thats the link and fine, he didnt turn down any offer but he didnt accept it either. Personally, considering what he's already gotten paid in his career in SF, he should be paying the team to play in SF but obviously that wont ever happen. A 3 year $30m contract offer is what is said to be on the table. Question is does Smith accept it, decline it or make a counter offer?

If it was me, I would have offered him a 3 year $24m contract with $15m guaranteed and let him know that we'll be getting a top tier WR one way or the other but in order to do that, he would have to accept less than what he and his agent may want or think that he's worth. I honestly dont think that he's worth more than what I would offer him and quite honestly, that offer is being generous considering the fact that if leaves, his career will more or less be pretty much over. Smith should be happy that he's even getting that damn good of an offer and accept it already.

In regards to Smith being a pain in the ass, if he declines the offer or makes a counter offer, then yeah, I would say that he's becoming just that because quite honestly, he should should be happy as hell considering where his career was a year ago and should accept whatever the team is willing to offer him instead of making a big deal out of it.

Now, if Smith declines that offer he has on the table or makes a counter offer, I would say goodbye to Smith and make the same offer to Matt Flynn and if that doesnt work, I go after Orton for a few years until Kapernick is ready. Bottom line is that people here keep saying that we shouldnt overpay a WR but yet, we should overpay Smith when quite honestly, he's already been overpaid by the team when he was drafted. Excluding 2006, he was horrible and yeah, yeah, whatever. I dont want to hear the excuses any more because regardless, he still got paid all of that money so if anything, he should be willing to take what he's being offered instead of asking for more.

And while I was ranting and raving about Manning last night, truth is I dont want Manning. I would prefer Smith to be re-signed and go after Wallace, Jason Allen and re-sign Ginn, Snyder and Costanzo and call it a day until the draft. With that being said though, if Smith tries to drag this out, I would just say goodbye and go after Flynn, then Orton in that order because cant wait forever for Smith to make a decision and to me, every decision is either yes or no. There isnt no maybe this or maybe that because thats not an answer and isnt going to get you anywhere.

My biggest fear is Manning going to the Cardinals followed by Wayne and possibly Garcon. Thats what im really worried about because if that happens, whether anyone here or management likes it or not, acquiring a top tier WR is a definite must because with that offense, solid defense and special teams in Arizona, we're going to have to score more points on offense. Hell, we already have to score more points on offense but it becomes even more apparent if Manning goes to Arizona.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Why are you worrying about what the Cardinals are doing? Let them keep delving into free agency every off-season for the QB of their dreams. It will bite them in the rear just like it did last year. The Cards with Manning still aren't winning the NFC West. I'd be a little more worried about Seattle if were going to play the 'our divisional foe is a QB away from getting alot better' card . At least they have some solid young talent on defense to contend with and a solid QB away from giving us a helluva fight for the division.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

As I suspected, Alex is looking for a longer deal....

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-the-snag.html
Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
Why are you worrying about what the Cardinals are doing? Let them keep delving into free agency every off-season for the QB of their dreams. It will bite them in the rear just like it did last year. The Cards with Manning still aren't winning the NFC West. I'd be a little more worried about Seattle if were going to play the 'our divisional foe is a QB away from getting alot better' card . At least they have some solid young talent on defense to contend with and a solid QB away from giving us a helluva fight for the division.
Because I see them as a bigger threat then SEA. Seriously, Manning, Fitzgerald, Wayne, Garcon and Wells, good defense and special teams, they play in a dome on turf. It would basically be the Arizona Colts. Seahawks receivers are worse than ours, QB is worse, play in crappy rainy weather and their only offensive weapon is Lynch. If we had more offense, blowing out the Seahawks in SEA wouldnt be a problem.

Sorry, im far more worried about the Cardinals with Manning than I am about the Seahawks with Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
As I suspected, Alex is looking for a longer deal....

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-the-snag.html
This jackass wants a 5 year deal??? Are you kidding me??? Come on you ******* overrated bum and sign the damn contract. If Smith doesnt sign by Tuesday afternoon, I go after Flynn and/or Orton to replace him because he's being unreasonable. Guy sucks for 5/6 years and finally plays good because of the offensive based coaching staff around him and he's being a total prick. And after reading that link, it says that SEA was trying to sign him last summer and well, if I was Baalke, I would say if they're willing to give you more than the offer we have on the table for you, go take it.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This jackass wants a 5 year deal??? Are you kidding me??? Come on you ******* overrated bum and sign the damn contract. If Smith doesnt sign by Tuesday afternoon, I go after Flynn and/or Orton to replace him because he's being unreasonable. Guy sucks for 5/6 years and finally plays good because of the offensive based coaching staff around him and he's being a total prick. And after reading that link, it says that SEA was trying to sign him last summer and well, if I was Baalke, I would say if they're willing to give you more than the offer we have on the table for you, go take it.
You're in mid off-season form Dan. Of course they are going to push for a 5 year deal it was similar to what Ryan Fitzpatrick got earlier this season. There is still 6 days left to make a deal. Alex wants to stay and the 49ers want him to stay so I wouldn't be concerned till next week.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drama-rama. Yawn.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
You're in mid off-season form Dan. Of course they are going to push for a 5 year deal it was similar to what Ryan Fitzpatrick got earlier this season. There is still 6 days left to make a deal. Alex wants to stay and the 49ers want him to stay so I wouldn't be concerned till next week.
Fitzpatrick was a 7th round draft pick if I remember correctly and wasnt expected to do anything but be a practice squad player if that. Smith was the number one overall draft pick in 2005 and quite honestly, he's gotten paid more than enough money over the course of his SF career. He should be happy that Harbaugh and the coaching staff was able to resurrect his career to where he's even in the position that he's in. I already think that $10m a year is $2m too much and yet he wants more? Yeah, he wants a longer deal but does he deserve it? I say no. I could see a three year deal with an option to pick up the 4th and 5th seasons but should be at the team's discrection.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about overreacting. Dan, they are negotiating. Calm down.

In other news, I was looking up Crabtree's contract and found that it is almost identical to the new deal for Brooks. Considering I haven't felt any pain from Crabtree's deal even though he's been a bucket of meh, I feel great about the Brooks deal. Very team friendly. I love you Paraag.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote