Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sloop 4 round mock 3/7

Alright guys; pretty simple, 4 round mock:

No trades other than my prediction for the St. Louis pick.

Used best guess on comp picks, I'm sure I missed a few but lets not get too hung up on that, just let me know.

Constructive criticism is appreciated and I will do my best to answer all posts. I'll be leaving shortly after posting but I will be back later to try and answer any questions

Round One

1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck QB Stanford: Please hold all shock and aw until the end of the draft

2. Washington Redskins (F/Stl) – Robert Griffin III QB Baylor: After missing out on Jake Locker a year ago, Shanny takes no chances and trades up to win the battle for the #2 pick and the rights to RGIII.

3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil OT USC: The Vikings pick up an insurance plan for young Ponder with this pick. Other options include a true #1 target for young Ponder in Justin Blackmon or a little resuscitation for a bleeding out secondary in Morris Claiborne.

4. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson RB Alabama: Not trading up for RGIII leaves Cleveland in a rough spot. Some will have Blackmon here, but I don’t really see Blackmon as a “blue chip player.” Hillis is likely done in Cleveland and there are doubts that he will ever be back to his 2010 form so Richardson provides a boost to this offense.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne CB LSU: Ronde Barber is older than Jesus and Talib is of concern. If Talib ends up panning out this could be one of the more dominant CB duos in the league, certainly an asset when you play in a division with that Arena Football team and a potentially potent passing attack in Atlanta.

6. St. Louis Rams (F/Was) – Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame: The Rams trade down and pick up extra picks while still landing the guy that they were targeting. Floyd will give Bradford a true #1 option for years to come. Other options include Brockers or Poe to help out a weak interior line or Reiff to replace Saffold.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Justin Blackmon WR Ok. State: For better or worse, the Jags have hitched their wagons to Gabbert and when a receiver who could aid in his progression (if there is any) falls to them, they jump on it. Blackmon has slid down boards as of late but the Jags wont hesitate at the chance to add a weapon for their new QB. A pass rusher would be another option for the Jags but the D is stacked and it would be an afterthought if one of the two top receivers were on the board.

8. Miami Dolphins – Quinton Coples DE North Carolina: The Dolphins are switching to a 4-3 front? Well, what better way to do so than to add a top notch DE prospect to get after the passer.

9. Carolina Panthers – Dontari Poe DL Memphis: I’ve said in everyone of my mocks that the Panthers need to make a splash on the defensive side of the ball, specifically along the defensive line which is a glaring weakness. Unfortunately, a worthy DT has not presented himself; that is until now. Poe might just be the guy that they are looking for. I’ve traditionally mocked Dre Kirkpatrick here but he has fallen off with off the field issues and the whispers of Mayock the DB guru not giving him the nod of approval. However, Carolina may still be sold on him and take him anyway. This pick may very well be dependant on their faith in Dre.

10. Buffalo Bills – Nick Perry DE USC: The Bills are no longer confusing draftniks everywhere and have decided to go to an even front. Pass rusher is an absolute need and Perry fits the bill (pun?) Other options might include Kendell Wright, Stevie Johnson is a problem and other than him there are a bunch of no namers. Don’t count out Adams either as a potential LT.

11. Kansas City Chiefs – David Decastro OG Stanford: Right Tackle is probably a larger need along the OL but the Chiefs have a chance to add a “blue chip player” to their roster and they will never look back. Other options include the aforementioned RT with Reiff or Adams and possibly an ILB in Kuechly

12. Seattle Seahawks – Reilly Reiff OL Iowa: The Seagulls desperately need a QB but Carrol seems to be hitched to Jackson. The OL appears to be made out of glass and is also lacking in talent to say the least. Reiff comes and can start at nearly anywhere along the line. The versatility on an injury prone line will be nice and he will be a solid starter wherever they place him. Also look for the team to possibly take a flyer on Tannehill if the rumors aren’t true about Carrol’s opinion of Jackson.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Mike Adams OT THE Ohio State University: he Cards have been blighted with some of the some of worst OL play in the league the last year or more so they go out and get arguably the 2nd best left tackle prospect in this draft to replace Levi Brown.

14. Dallas Cowboys – Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama: Jones won’t be deterred by concerns raised about this guy. He has an opportunity to add a one time top 10 player in this draft and does so with gusto. The OL is also pretty piss poor so Glenn is another option as well as Konz.

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Kuechly LB Boston College: The Eagles have ignored this position for years and after getting gashed by the run game last season, the team elects to give a little TLC to the position.

16. New York Jets – Kendell Wright WR Baylor: The Jets attempt to give Sanchez a nice young weapon who can get YAC after receiving his “fuck it I’m going intermediate” passes, thus padding his stats. Rex will want a pass rusher as well so look out for Ingram here.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (F/Oak) – Cordy Glenn OG Georgia: The Bengals need help at G and Glenn is exactly the kind of mauler with a mean streak that they would love. CB is another option here but I think that they will try to address the position through FA.

18. San Diego Chargers – Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina: The Chargers need to add some pass rush to this defense and they are ecstatic that Ingram has fallen this far. However watch out for WR Alshon Jeffery; should he fall this far it might be tempting to take him as a replacement for V-Jax. Also Martin might get consideration if McNeil and Gaither are both gone.

19. Chicago Bears – Jonathan Martin OT Stanford: This Bears line has been a problem for a while and it can’t be ignored any longer. Formerly thought of as a possible top 5 pick, Martin should go a long way in fixing the problem. Again, with Alshon Jeffery falling this far, look for a team to snatch him up. Unfortunately the Bears OL play does not allow them such a luxury.

20. Tennessee Titans – Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama: Finn is probably gone in FA and there isn’t another true #1 corner on this team. Konz is tempting here but I think that in the end the need at corner will outweigh the needs inside, especially with this draft class being so deep on the interior OL.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama: Despite playing OLB on a 3-4 defense in college, I believe that Upshaw is best suited to play with his hand in the dirt in the pros. This pick will add a nice DE to the rotation already in place and will likely be an eventual starter.

22. Cleveland Browns (F/Atl) – Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina: After adding Richardson with the first pick, the Browns go back to the well and add another playmaker on offense. Even if they don’t have their new QB yet; whenever they get him, he will certainly have talent around him to work with. DE is another option here but the defense is pretty solid while the offense doesn’t have a pulse so WR is too tempting.

23. Detroit Lions – Peter Konz C Wisconsin: The Lions OL made improvements this year but most of the players are still old and/or average. Konz adds an upgrade over Raiola who is both old and average. End of the day this is a BPA pick at a position of need, which is just Mayhew’s cup of tea. Jeff Backus is nearing the end of his career so a reach on an OT is also a possibility.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin: This line NEEDS serious help. When Pouncey wasn’t in games last year it made a clear difference and the guy can’t do it all alone. With this pick the Steelers start to rebuild this OL. ILB is another option and Hightower could very well be the guy but between addressing this OL or the LB corps, the team goes OL; this team can get away with what they have at ILB this year. Also look out for a NT but with Poe off the board, I don’t think Ta’amu sniffs the first round.

25. Denver Broncos – Michael Brockers DT LSU: The Tebow era is in full swing in Denver. Since Elway won’t be able to convince anyone of drafting a QB (especially this late) he will go BPA at a position of need to try and improve the overall talent level of the team. Brockers will be an impact player on the interior of that DL and add another element to that already mean defense.

26. Houston Texans – Stephon Hill WR Georgia Tech: The Texans are one of the more complete team in the NFL but two positions may be of concern for the team this off season. A true NT will be first on their wish list but none are worthy of a pick this high so they turn their attention to WR where Dre isn’t getting any younger. For the meantime, Hill will present another target to take pressure off the aging wideout.

27. New England Patriots (F/NO) – Mark Barron S Alabama: This New England D is nothing to write home about so they add an impact player to their secondary. He may not have elite coverage skills but he will be an improvement over Ihedigbo while letting McCourtey move back to corner. If McCourtey plays up to rookie season form and Dowling makes an impact like I think he will, this secondary will be severely improved over last years.

28. Green Bay Packers – Fletcher Cox DL Mississippi State: The Pack land an impact DL and a player at a position of need. Coxwill play DE in there odd front and by all accounts should be a monster.

29. Baltimore Ravens – Donta Hightower LB Alabama: It remains to be seen where this guy will play in our defense. He best fits OLB in our current scheme but some adjustments might be coming with Pees at the wheel and he may just fit the mold of our new ILB type. With no OL of worth left on the board, this is a no brainer.

30. San Francisco 49’ers – Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina: Rogers is 30 and other than him there isn’t much to talk about in San Fran at CB. WR is another option and Sanu might fit the bill here but Gilmore grades out as more of a first rounder than him at this point so he will likely be the pick.

31. New England Patriots – Andre Branch OLB Clemson: It is finally the year that Pats fans don’t have to sit by and watch as everyone else gets a pass rusher and they draft a corner!!!! Branch Fits into BB’s idea of an OLB in the 3-4 and will add some much needed pass rush to help out that secondary. I know the joke is that BB will likely trade one of these picks, but I beg to differ. I believe that this is the year BB cashes in on all his stockpiling and laughs in the rest of the leagues face all the way to the bank as he reloads his team, securing the dynasty for many more seasons to come.

32. New York Giants – Coby Fleener TE Stanford: The Gmen really need an ILB but with all the big ones off the board they add a big versatile TE. This guy is a huge target in the end zone and can line up all over the place.

Round 2

1. St. Louis Rams – Devon Still DT Penn State: Youth is not abound on the interior of the Rams DL and the only thing they lack more than youth is talent. Still presents and immediate upgrade at the position and should start day one.

2. Indianapolis Colts – Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington: Chucky will be moving the Colts to a 3-4 and a true NT will be a major need in doing so. The cupboard should be pretty bare at WR come the draft so don’t be surprised to see a WR here.

3. Minnesota Vikings – Alfonzo Denard CB Nebraska: This secondary is one of the worst in the league and with a one time considered first rounder falling to them they address a need.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – David Wilson RB Va Tech: RB isn’t a huge need but brings some balance to that run game which the Buc’s claim will be the focus of the offense in the future.

5. Cleveland Browns – Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M: Holmgren will feel pressured to improve the QB situation so unless they can address the position in FA they will have to address it in the draft. However, they may have to trade up into the first round to get him or take him with their 2nd first round pick. They luck out here where I don’t mock trades.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars – Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois: This defense is pretty stacked but they lack a true pass rusher and with Mercilus falling to them here it is too tempting.

7. St. Louis Rams (F/Was) – Brandon Boykin CB Georgia: The Rams could pretty much use anyone with a pulse at CB.

8. Carolina Panthers – Zach Brown OLB North Carolina: The Panthers continue to address this atrocious defense. Brown will compete with Davis for the starting job with the injury prone Davis and will at the very least see the field when Davis goes down.

9. Buffalo Bills – Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers: Other than Johnson, there are a bunch of no names at WR for the Bills so they add a big fast WR for their almost 30 year old QB that they so willingly hitched their wagon to.

10. Miami Dolphins – Joe Adams WR Arkansas: I am not 100% sure of what will happen with Bess and Hartline who are both up for contract negotiations but this guy will add another receiving threat regardless and adds to the return game; especially if Bess leaves in FA. Also, Since the Dolphins missed out on Tannehill, they will have try and give Moore the best chance of being successful so the more weapons he has the better.

11. Seattle Seahawks – Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State: This is a bit of a reach but teams in need of a QB will always be willing to reach on one. The Tarvaris Jackson experiment will continue but Brock will be waiting in the wings.

12. Kansas City Chiefs – Kelechi Osmele OL Iowa State: The Chiefs will be very upset that Ta’amu didn’t make it here. Instead, they will have to address their RT spot here.

13. Dallas Cowboys – Harrison Smith S Notre Dame: This may be a bit early for Smith but there is a huge drop off after this guy at safety and the cowboys need one desperately. Some may cry foul and claim that the boys need an interior OL but the interior class is much deeper than the safety class is.

14. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Thompson DL Clemson: The middle of this defense needs serious help, specifically in the run game and Thompson will provide excellent run support.

15. New York Jets – Vinny Curry DE/OLB Marshall: Rex finally gets his pass rusher in round 2.

16. New England Patriots (F/Oak) – Kendall Reyes DL Connecticut: the Pats ran a 4-3 base this year due to a lack of suitable talent for the 3-4 and Reyes is a perfect fit on their road back to a 3-4 base.

17. San Diego Chargers – Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State: McNeill has seriously fallen off and Gaither may not be back so this will be an attempt to protect Rivers.

18. Chicago Bears – Chase Minnifield CB Virginia: It is a passing league and the Bears know it all too well playing the Pack twice a year so they add another talented corner to their roster.

19. Philadelphia Eagels (F/Ari) – Audie Cole LB Stanford: Eagles fans might not be psyched about this pick but investing two picks into a position that has been severely neglected isn’t such a bad idea.

20. Tennessee Titans – Brandon Washington OG Miami: The interior of the OL is very weak and the Titans address it in an attempt to boost CJ2K back to form.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State: This DL needs help, Atkins is entrenched as a starter but Peko is only useful in a rotational role. This pick presents value as well as need.

22. Atlanta Falcons – Orson Charles TE Georgia: Tony Gonzalez may be the best ever and had a great season this year but he is also 35 and after him there isn’t much to speak of. Charles is a local talent and is the best TE available so this seems like a perfect fit. DE is also a huge are of need if Abraham isn’t going to be back but with none really worthy of a selection they grab a top talent at TE

23. Detroit Lions – Bobby Wagner LB Utah State: Should be able to make an immediate contribution to the team

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – George Iolka S Boise State: Tough board for the Steelers here, no NT or ILB of worth to take so they do as the Steelers always do, they prepare for the future. Iolka can come along behind Troy and Clark. Other options may include another OL

25. Denver Broncos – LaMichael James RB Oregon: There may be no better fit in this draft than James to the Broncos. Certainly will add another wrinkle to this unorthodox offense.

26. Houston Texans – Josh Chapman NT Alabama: might be a bit of a reach at this point but Wade knows the importance of having the right guy in the middle of his defense so with Ta’amu off the board he doesn’t take any risks.

27. New Orleans Saints – Lavonte David OLB Nebraska: Vilma is about the only bright spot at LB for the Saints and he may even be gone by the time the draft roles around. David would be a steal at this point and not a bad way to start off your draft when your first pick is in the 2nd.

28. Green Bay Packers – Ronnell Lewis OLB/DE Oklahoma: The Pack needs to add another pass rusher opposite Clay.

29. Baltimore Ravens – Amini Silatolu OL Midwestern State: Big, mean blocker to replace Grubbs along the OL.

30. San Francisco 49’ers – Dwight Jones WR North Carolina: if Smith is to continue his progress he will need guys to throw to and Jones presents a huge target.

31. New England Patriots – Jared Crick DL Nebraska: Straight up value pick. They have already addresses the DL with Reyes but there are few players on this defense who can claim they are entrenched as a starter. Crick could be just the type of athletic DL that the Pats need for extended plays. Rollouts killed them this year.

32. New York Giants – Sean Spence LB Miami: This guy is a natural leader and I think he can play inside or out in the Giants scheme, obviously the preferred would be inside and I think he will get his shot there.

Round 3

1. Indianapolis Colts – Josh Norman CB Costal Carolina: Colts return to the defensive side of the ball and pick up a corner who will better fit their new defense.

2. St. Louis Rams – Doug Martin RB Boise State: RB to platoon with Jackson and eventually succeed him.

3. Minnesota Vikings – Brian Quick WR Appalachian State: Harvin is great but Ponder will still need another target to throw too, especially if Harvin can’t stay healthy.

4. Cleveland Browns – Jonathan Massaquoi DE Troy: The Browns add a DE to play opposite Sheard, finalizing their transformation to an even front.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma: can play outside or inside in their defense

6. Washington Redskins – Michael Brewster C THE Ohio State University: none of the centers on this roster have proven that they can be a starter and Brewster would likely be an improvement over all of them.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Levi Adcock OT Oklahoma State: Britton has been moved inside making RT a need.

8. Buffalo Bills – Cam Johnson DE Virginia: This guy has some injury issues but the Bills need to add some players who can rush from a 3-point

9. Miami Dolphins – Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State: Weeden will get his chance in the NFL and will come in to challenge Moore for the starting job.

10. Chicago Bears (F/Car) - Dwayne Allen TE Clemson: There isn’t much to talk about in terms or receiving options in Chicago.

11. Kansas City Chiefs – Lamar Miller RB Miami: This pick presents great value and with no NT worth taking they pull the trigger.

12. Seattle Seahawks – Chandler Jones DE Syracuse: Needs some work but could eventually develop into a nice pass rusher for them

13. Philadelphia Eagles – Nick Toon WR Wisconsin: If D-Jax is out in Philly they will need to add some other WR options.

14. New York Jets – Matt Reynolds OT BYU: Wayne Hunter sucks and this guy is a pretty big sleeper in my eyes

15. Oakland Raiders – PRYORZZZZZZZ

16. San Diego Chargers – Billy Winn DL Boise State: Castillo may be back at a reduced price but just in case they pick up someone who can play 5 tech.

17. Chicago Bears – Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia: Could be a pass rush specialist at either OLB or DE for a team that doesn’t have much in terms of pass rush. Doesn’t necessarily fit their modus operandi for DEs but it is probably his best position.

18. Arizona Cardinals – Emmanuel Acho LB Texas: Will play OLB in the Cardinals 3-4 scheme. Won’t add much in terms of pass rush but will be a solid player nonetheless and if he can have half the production that his brother did for the Cardinals they will be happy with the pick.

19. Dallas Cowboys – Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH): This line needs help and since they didn’t address it in the first two rounds, it is an absolute must in round 3. Despite waiting until round 3 they land a top-notch prospect.

20. Tennessee Titans – Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State: This secondary is falling apart in FA and this draft might have to be dedicated to rebuilding it.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Polk RB Washington: I gave the Bengals this guy in the 2nd round in my last draft and got panned for it, but here I am giving him to you again in the third :P Benson is anything but a certain and Chris Polk has the build to carry the load for the team.

22. Atlanta Falcons – Trumaine Johnson CB Montana: DE is still a need but at this point I think they will have to look in FA if they want to find a viable starter. However, this secondary lacks youthful talent and Johnson has the tools to become a starter in this league.

23. Detroit Lions – Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt: Chris Houston is about the only thing worth writing home about in this secondary and this guy will add some depth.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati: This is a guy the Steelers have been keying in on.

25. Denver Broncos – Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State: Hurst himself a bit in the combine but I think he will be a steal here and it would be nice to get some promising youth into that secondary

26. Houston Texans – Jayron Hosley DB Virginia Tech: Can play corner or bulk up a bit and play safety, both are positions of need for the Texans.

27. New Orleans Saints – Mike Martin DT Some team I can’t remember the name of: Played in an odd front in college but I think he would do better one on one in an even front in the pros.

28. Green Bay Packers – Phillip Blake C Baylor: Not there next highest need (probably safety) but Wells is 30 and isn’t overwhelming at center.

29. Baltimore Ravens – Ben Jones C Georgia: Birk is done.

30. San Francisco 49’ers – Robert Turbin RB Utah State: Tremendous value at this spot, Gore is 28 and won’t be around forever, Hunter is a decent back up but would do well to split carries with someone else.

31. New England Patriots – Shea McClellin DE/OLB Boise State: MOOOOORRREE DOTS... I mean pass rushers... MWAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

32. New York Giants – Tommy Streeter WR Miami: Provides a big end zone target and can stretch the field taking pressure off Nicks. Also, between Nicks and Streeter, Cruz will have plenty of space to work with in the middle.

33. Oakland Raiders (comp) – Jake Bequette DE/OLB Arkansas: This pass rush needs a boost.

34. Minnesota (comp) – Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma: This team just needs to add some depth at WR plain and simple.

Round 4

1. Indianapolis Colts – Derek Wolfe DL Cincinnati: Adding a 5 tech will be essential to there switch to the 3-4

2. St. Louis Rams – Terrell Manning LB North Carolina State: Athletic backer who has the tools to develop into something special.

3. Minnesota Vikings – Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College: I love this guy and I think he definitely develops into a starter for the Vikes down the line.

4. Cleveland Browns – Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss: Play him at RT, could develop into a pro bowler and is a steal at this point in the draft

5. Philadelphia Eagles (F/Tampa) – Michael Egnew TE Missouri: not a great blocker but presents a big red zone target and slot type receiver/TE hybrid.

6. Washington Redskins – Marvin McNutt WR Iowa: Nice new weapon for their new QB.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Nick Toon WR Wisconsin: This team needs to add weapons for Gabbert.

8. Miami Dolphins – Senio Kelemete OG Washington: Reinforcements for this OL

9. Carolina Panthers – Jamelle Fleming CB Oklahoma: Good value here. Adds another piece to the defense with an all around player.

10. Buffalo Bills – Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State: The Bills will need someone to bring along behind Fitzpatrick.

11. Kansas City Chiefs – Hebron Fangupo NT BYU: High Character, great work ethic, Pioli kind of guy. Addresses need at NT.

12. Seattle Seahawks – Nigel Bradham LB Florida State: Hawthorne and Hill may both be gone and they will need to rebuild this LB corps.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M: Adds depth at WR, eventual replacement for Fitz?

14. Dallas Cowboys – Tank Carder LB TCU: Local product who was pretty productive in college, team leader, local kid, ‘nough said.

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Nick Foles QB Arizona: With Vick being hurt a lot and Kafka being unreliable, I think takig a developmental QB who could compete for the back up job is a good idea. Could be traded for a 2nd rounder later on in his career.

16. New York Jets – Bernard Pierce RB Temple: Depth for the RB Platoon.

17. Washington Redskins (F/Oak) – T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International: Moss could be gone and Hilton could take his place. Drafting 2 WR in the fourth seems unlikely but they will need some weapons for their new QB.

18. San Diego Chargers – Joe Looney OG Wake Forest: Might be a bit of a reach but this line is in tatters and needs help.

19. Chicago Bears – Chris Givens WR Wake Forest: Not sure how I feel about this guy, might go way earlier than this and could be a steal here.

20. Tennessee Titans – Kyle Wilber LB Wake Forest: Oddly the third Wake forest player taken in a row. Will provide good depth at OLB where Witherspoon is 31 and could eventually compete for a starting job.

21. Cincinnati Bengals – DeVier Posey WR THE Ohio State University: Simpson is a dumb ass and Posey may develop into a solid #2 receiver or very good slot guy.

22. Cleveland Browns(F/Atl) – Demario Davis LB Arkansas State: Small school status might have him dropping but looks good on tape and may even be able to contribute right away. At the very least provides quality depth.

23. Detroit Lions – Dan Herron RB THE Ohio State University: The lions have spent many a draft pick on the RB position but there may be a bit of cleaning of house this year and I think they address the position in the middle round area (4-5) Herron isn’t overly talented in any one area but has no serious medical red flags and seems pretty durable.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State: At this point in the draft the risk may be worth the reward for the Steelers who can afford to bring him along slowly at this point in the draft.

25. Denver Broncos – Donte Paige-Moss DE North Carolina: This Tarheel comes with some baggage and this might be a bit early for him as a selection but was once considered a first rounder and might be worth the risk at this point in the draft.

26. Houston Texans – Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: Provides some talented youthful depth at WR.

27. New Orleans Saints – Oliver Vernon DE Miami: Has tools worth developing and could turn into a nice pass rusher for the Saints

28. Green Bay Packers – Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette: Adds CB depth and is a pretty good value here.

29. Buffalo Bills (F/Bal) – Ryan Steed CB Furman: Developmental CB who could produce in limited time as a rookie.

30. San Francisco 49’ers – David Molk C some team: Could prove himself and be the day one starter. Remember, he IS smarter than anyone and everyone else, so there is that.

31. New England Patriots – Devon Wylie WR Fresno State: Is he the next Wes Welker? :P

32. New York Giants – Terrance Ganaway RB Baylor: Might be a bit early for this guy on most boards but I really like him an he won’t play soft like Jacobs but could take the bruiser role to Bradshaws lightning.

33. Oakland (comp) – Antonio Allen S South Carolina: Branch and Huff (IIRC) might be gone and this guy could see some starting time early but might be best suited developing for a year or two.

34. Green Bay (Comp) – Shaun Prater CB Iowa: Another depth CB who can be brought along.

35. Baltimore Ravens (Comp) – Mychal Kendricks LB California: This guy can play inside or out depending on where Hightower goes

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the skins trading up for RG3. The rest of the draft is average at best. The Skins are clear that they will focus foremost on WR in FA and Shanahan is big on Hankerson, who really started to show promise before his injury. I can possibly live with 1 WR if his value is good enough but I dont think McNutt and/or Hiltons value in the 4th is that great and nor are they really an upgrade over Niles Paul even. An ILB, S, and CB seem more likely to be addressed if the value is there. A guy like Markelle Martin in the 3rd and Molk or Philip Blake (experience with RG3) might be a better option. Also am a big fan of Charles Mitchell at RT.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

As bad a draft as I've seen for the Steelers. A) Zietler is second round material, not first. They need o-line, but not enough to reach that far. B) We need safety. But Iloka will go down as one overdrafted person if he goes before late 3. Knock on him in college was that he was slow and gets burned deep regularly. Proved at combine he is slow and will get burned deep regularly. C) I can live with a RB, but not top 3. When Mendenhall went down, fill in ran for over 100 yds. Not that big a need. D) Burflict. Not anything worse I can say than that. Go Hightower, Silotolu or Chapman, Martin or Massie, and Allen the way your draft plays out.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
10. Buffalo Bills – Nick Perry DE USC:
18. San Diego Chargers – Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina:

9. Buffalo Bills – Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers: so they add a big fast WR
18. Chicago Bears – Chase Minnifield CB Virginia:

8. Buffalo Bills – Cam Johnson DE Virginia:
12. Seattle Seahawks – Chandler Jones DE Syracuse:
17. Chicago Bears – Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia:

10. Buffalo Bills – Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State: 17. Washington Redskins (F/Oak) – T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International: 19. Chicago Bears – Chris Givens WR Wake Forest: 28. Green Bay Packers – Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette:

29. Buffalo Bills (F/Bal) – Ryan Steed CB Furman:
I like Perry in the first round, although I do think Melvin Ingram is more in Buddy Nix wheel house if he is available.
Sanu... Could be, but im not sure about the "fast" part, my initial reaction is I cant see it, they need someone who can stretch the field more IMO, they already have the possesion type in Johnson. I could see them going with Minnifield, or even Osweiler or David before Sanu.
I like Johnson in the third, Jones makes sense in the same light without the durability concerns. Irvin would fit what they want to do defensively. My opinion, they would go with Irvin in that situation.
I dont think they would go with Cousins, a guy like Russell Wilson seems to be a better fit mobility wise, but Cousins does make sense, IMO Hylton and Givens would be great fits in the slot for Buffalo, Bentley makes sense, but I think the way Givens gets seperation, he would be the pick. Steed makes sense.
The draft as it is makes sense, IMO they are more likely to go Ingram, Minnifield, Irving, Givens, and R. Wilson.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Patriots is sweet. Love doubling up on olb's(Branch and McClellin) and de's(Reyes and Crick). Mark Barron would start from Day 1. I feel they address wr thru free agency. Wylie provides depth there. Love it!!
A+++++++
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Minnesota somehow signed a safety through FA this draft would be good. Our depth at CB and WR are below average at best, so getting 2 each in our first 5 picks would be understandable. That said, we need a starting caliber safety somehow this off season.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After I saw Decastro I was pretty sure I wouldn't like that mock, but Decastro/KO/Miller/Fangupo is a really good KC mock.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have Toon being picked twice.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
As bad a draft as I've seen for the Steelers. A) Zietler is second round material, not first. They need o-line, but not enough to reach that far. B) We need safety. But Iloka will go down as one overdrafted person if he goes before late 3. Knock on him in college was that he was slow and gets burned deep regularly. Proved at combine he is slow and will get burned deep regularly. C) I can live with a RB, but not top 3. When Mendenhall went down, fill in ran for over 100 yds. Not that big a need. D) Burflict. Not anything worse I can say than that. Go Hightower, Silotolu or Chapman, Martin or Massie, and Allen the way your draft plays out.
I understand your concern with not drafting Hightower but I also think your organization will be fine going forward with what they have at ILB. Thus taking one in the first is a luxury.

Meanwhile, the OL sucks, plain and simple. Z in your opinion may be a 2nd rounder but in this weak draft, a lot of 2nd round talents will be going in the late first and Z is one of the better ones to reach for IMO.

Iolka certainly needs work, but that is why he will develop under Troy and Clark. Again, he may be a 3rd round talent, but their isn't much safety depth in this class and if you don't grab one early, you may not get a serviceable one at all. I could have given you Silatolu, but I had already given you a G in the first.

By all accounts you guys will target a RB early and rumor is that Pead is a guy on your raidar, that wasn't exactly who I think you should have taken, but who I think you very well may end up taking in the 3rd if the FO is that sold on him.

Taze isn't exactly hot right now but I think someone takes him in the late 4th early 3rd and he may very well end up producing for you.

I understand the need for NT but I didn't see you guys reaching on one and none were available where you were selecting. Could have gone Ta'amu in the first, but I considered Z the BPA of the two and both fill a need.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zeitler is a TERRIBLE first round pick. it would be hightower, i have zero doubts about that in this scenerio

Osemele and Washington are better than zeitler imo

Round 2 id want chapman, pead and taze are good in 3 and 4
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That was disappointing...

1.4 :: questionable positional value...check

1.22 :: questionable work ethic and long speed, desperately needed to stretch the field...check

2.5 :: developmental QB, not an immediate upgrade over current QB...check

...other stuff....
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Love the skins trading up for RG3. The rest of the draft is average at best. The Skins are clear that they will focus foremost on WR in FA and Shanahan is big on Hankerson, who really started to show promise before his injury. I can possibly live with 1 WR if his value is good enough but I dont think McNutt and/or Hiltons value in the 4th is that great and nor are they really an upgrade over Niles Paul even. An ILB, S, and CB seem more likely to be addressed if the value is there. A guy like Markelle Martin in the 3rd and Molk or Philip Blake (experience with RG3) might be a better option. Also am a big fan of Charles Mitchell at RT.
I had not heard about the Skins declaring to address WR in FA but will certainly take it into account in my next mock. I will say McNutt presents a great value IMO in the 4th.

Safety depth is weak and since you guys don't pick again until the third, I wanted to give you as much value with the remaining picks as possible.

I gave you Brewster in the 2nd, so Molk in the fourth wouldn't be an option. Hadn't considered the Blake/RGIII connection but will probably go that way in my next mock.

Thanks for the feedback :)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
I like Perry in the first round, although I do think Melvin Ingram is more in Buddy Nix wheel house if he is available.
Sanu... Could be, but im not sure about the "fast" part, my initial reaction is I cant see it, they need someone who can stretch the field more IMO, they already have the possesion type in Johnson. I could see them going with Minnifield, or even Osweiler or David before Sanu.
I like Johnson in the third, Jones makes sense in the same light without the durability concerns. Irvin would fit what they want to do defensively. My opinion, they would go with Irvin in that situation.
I dont think they would go with Cousins, a guy like Russell Wilson seems to be a better fit mobility wise, but Cousins does make sense, IMO Hylton and Givens would be great fits in the slot for Buffalo, Bentley makes sense, but I think the way Givens gets seperation, he would be the pick. Steed makes sense.
The draft as it is makes sense, IMO they are more likely to go Ingram, Minnifield, Irving, Givens, and R. Wilson.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Although, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting Wilson in the fourth.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
You have Toon being picked twice.
Knew I would make a mistake like that somewhere in four rounds :P

Thank You. too late to fix now folks

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hightower, bleh. That board isn't very good for the Ravens though and the only other pick I could see would be Still and I'd rather have Hightower anyways. Silatolu is nice in the 2nd round. I would be happy with Crick there too. Not sure Jones last that long but it would be nice if he did.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
zeitler is a TERRIBLE first round pick. it would be hightower, i have zero doubts about that in this scenerio

Osemele and Washington are better than zeitler imo

Round 2 id want chapman, pead and taze are good in 3 and 4
As I explained earlier, I really don't see the organization taking an ILB in the first.

I know Hightower fits the profile of a Steeler mentality but I feel like the organizaton would view it as a luxury in round one when the line is a much more glaring hole

I don't see the organization reaching on Chapman in the 2nd as I really have him as a 3rd rounder. Wade might as he has suffered for not having a true NT in the past; that is why the Texans reach on one.

I will admit I had a feeling that most Steelers fans on this board wouldn't agree with the picks. I will take this into account but I feel pretty confident in my reasoning.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Wow. That was disappointing...

1.4 :: questionable positional value...check

1.22 :: questionable work ethic and long speed, desperately needed to stretch the field...check

2.5 :: developmental QB, not an immediate upgrade over current QB...check

...other stuff....
I understand that most Browns fans do not like the positional value of RB in the top 5. This does not change the fact that Holmgren will feel pressure to land a blue chip prospect with the first pick if he does not decide to trade up and get RGIII. I just really don't see any of the WR as blue chip prospects worthy of top 5 consideration.

If you don't land RGIII in the first, whomever is the QB in Cleveland will need weapons. I am not high on Alshon either but he is still going to go in the first round.

I don't buy into the top 10 hype for Tannehill but I do believe he may go in the bottom of the first, someone may trade ahead of you to grab him or you may even have to take him with your 2nd 1st rounder. Regardless, I believe Holmgren targets a QB in this draft to at least challenge McCoy for the starting spot; why not grab a guy who is at least a viable starter this year.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Hightower, bleh. That board isn't very good for the Ravens though and the only other pick I could see would be Still and I'd rather have Hightower anyways. Silatolu is nice in the 2nd round. I would be happy with Crick there too. Not sure Jones last that long but it would be nice if he did.
Meh on Hightower is right but with everyone else going ahead of us, I see no other option.

TBH I would be excited with Suggs-Kendricks-Lewis-Hightower for a LB corps. Pretty solid if you ask me and would be infinitely better than what we had last year. (I believe Hightower will be an upgrade over JJ who we can and probably will let walk)

Jones is slipping IMO and may actually be available in round 4 but probably gets snatched up in our area due to positional depth.

Crick would be nice but a luxury.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be ideal for NE.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That would be ideal for NE.
I disagree. I like your first round a lot. Reyes is a fine pick, but Crick is a really bad pick. He doesn't fit what (I think) BB wants to do, ie. go back to the two-gapping 3-4 scheme. I like him as a penetrating 3-4 end, but not as a two-gapping DE. I'd take Lamar Miller there just based on value. He is the next Clinton Portis IMO. Very underrated for some reason. Shea in the third is amazing, I almost soiled myself. I'm not a huge fan of Devon Wylie so I think he's bad value at that point. Not sure who I'd want instead, but I don't like Wylie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh on Hightower is right but with everyone else going ahead of us, I see no other option.

TBH I would be excited with Suggs-Kendricks-Lewis-Hightower for a LB corps. Pretty solid if you ask me and would be infinitely better than what we had last year. (I believe Hightower will be an upgrade over JJ who we can and probably will let walk)

Jones is slipping IMO and may actually be available in round 4 but probably gets snatched up in our area due to positional depth.

Crick would be nice but a luxury.
I would be fine if we took Hightower to play him at SLB but I'm not sure that's what would happen. If we let Redding walk like I expect DE becomes a fairly big need in my opinion. Jones hasn't really done anything and McPhee has only showed that he's effective as a situational pass-rusher, and I'm not optimistic that he can develop into a good every-down type of guy. Losing Johnson and starting McPhee would be a fairly big blow to our run defense. Our depth would be very weak along the DL as well.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best Saints mock I have seen on here. I loved it.

Mike Martin- Michigan State
Old 03-07-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gave you Brewster in the 2nd, so Molk in the fourth wouldn't be an option. Hadn't considered the Blake/RGIII connection but will probably go that way in my next mock.
Sorry i didnt mean Brewster and Molk/Blake. I meant replacing Brewster with a CB or S then addressing C/G later.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I disagree. I like your first round a lot. Reyes is a fine pick, but Crick is a really bad pick. He doesn't fit what (I think) BB wants to do, ie. go back to the two-gapping 3-4 scheme. I like him as a penetrating 3-4 end, but not as a two-gapping DE. I'd take Lamar Miller there just based on value. He is the next Clinton Portis IMO. Very underrated for some reason. Shea in the third is amazing, I almost soiled myself. I'm not a huge fan of Devon Wylie so I think he's bad value at that point. Not sure who I'd want instead, but I don't like Wylie....
I doubt you guys grab another RB after drafting Vereen in the 2nd last year. Just too much of an investment into the position with high draft picks, regardless of value.

I am condfident Crick is the type of player/leader type who will augment himself to any scheme he is asked to play in and infuses some athleticism into that DL while still pushing the move back to a 3-4 base. Not to mention he would be perfect inside at UT if you guys were going to go the hybrid route. Also, the value alone will entice BB.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Sorry i didnt mean Brewster and Molk/Blake. I meant replacing Brewster with a CB or S then addressing C/G later.
Gotcha :) CB I could see in the 3rd. Again my reason for not giving you guys a safety was because I wanted to get you guys as much value as possible with you only having 2 picks in the top 100.

Doubt you would have a shot at Blake in the 4th. I won't lie, I almost gave you Molk in the 4th before realizing I had given you Brewster in the 3rd :)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: