Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-08-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mock Draft Help

I'm working on putting together a couple ideas for mock drafts and wanted to get your opinions on your pick. You're far enough down in the draft that it's hard to say who will/should be available, so I'll just say who's available at this point. On my mock I'm currently working on, the top few players available are:
Alan Branch (yes he's fallen this far, you guys could definitely be interested as you're a little thin at DTs, and your best one is definitely on the downswing of his career).
Darrelle Revis/Chris Houston (top two CBs available, you could use some help here although you did take Johnathan Joseph in the 1st last year, so that might downgrade the priority a bit).
Jarvis Moss (would be a nice DE addition for you)
Michael Griffin (best S available as Landry and Nelson are gone, would be a nice addition but probably not the most valuable guy for this pick)
Paul Posluszny (best LB available)

Of those guys, who would you pick (or who do you think the Bengals would actually pick). My current inclination would likely be Alan Branch, even though Moss, Revis, or Houston may be a bit bigger of a need. Any comments?
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morknolle View Post
I'm working on putting together a couple ideas for mock drafts and wanted to get your opinions on your pick. You're far enough down in the draft that it's hard to say who will/should be available, so I'll just say who's available at this point. On my mock I'm currently working on, the top few players available are:
Alan Branch (yes he's fallen this far, you guys could definitely be interested as you're a little thin at DTs, and your best one is definitely on the downswing of his career).
Darrelle Revis/Chris Houston (top two CBs available, you could use some help here although you did take Johnathan Joseph in the 1st last year, so that might downgrade the priority a bit).
Jarvis Moss (would be a nice DE addition for you)
Michael Griffin (best S available as Landry and Nelson are gone, would be a nice addition but probably not the most valuable guy for this pick)
Paul Posluszny (best LB available)

Of those guys, who would you pick (or who do you think the Bengals would actually pick). My current inclination would likely be Alan Branch, even though Moss, Revis, or Houston may be a bit bigger of a need. Any comments?
revis or branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss I don't see happening... Just not that great of a physical freak and DE isn't a big need.

Griffin we all pretty much like, just not sure we'll go that route at 18.

Revis/Houston/Branch are all solid picks in that situation.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

I have man-crush on Griffin, and ill take Houston over Revis.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
WhoDeyBucks

I would take Houston over Revis also. But if Branch is there, we would have to take him.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Revis or Branch. Although Branch looks very attractive, I think Revis is more of a need for us. We got Peko in rd 4 last year and he's been superb.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
deyebc
Rookie

deyebc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who do Draft?

Revis over Houston if we pick at 18 (Houston has played well against top WR's, but he has not shown a willingness to support the run or be physical enough with the bigger stronger WR's)
Griffin if you can trade down to the mid-20's
deyebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Houston is very strong tho and likely can add some weight. I think he benched over 400 lbs. I do like Hall or Revis better tho.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote