Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys i hate.

Brock Osweiler - Wouldnt take him in the 7th round
Kellen Moore - Will be out of the league in 2 years
David Wilson - Runs with little vision and think he will bust.
Melvin Ingram - Think he will bust as well.
Vontaze Burfict - Someone shoot this man.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He's not the most well spoken guy ever but every week this year he was given opportunities to throw his QB's under the bus when his production dipped but never once did. He never once complained about not getting enough balls and in the numerous interviews I've seen of him, he came across to me as a very team-orientated almost to the point where you'd want him to have a little selfishness as a WR.
The single most telling quote I've heard about Jeffery throughout this entire process was the one from the scout saying "He plays the game of football hard, but he doesn't do anything else hard". That's a really good way of describing Alshon IMO. Team player, kills himself on the field and because of his natural talent, does very well, but he doesn't train or work hard off the field. If someone ever gets that to click for him, look out because he's as naturally talented as any receiver I've ever seen. You just gotta keep him motivated and in the weight room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Nick Foles. I think he is a very poor man's Blaine Gabbert.
WR- Alshon Jeffrey. My least favorite prospect in the draft. one of my least favorite prospects in a long while.
OLB- Courtney Upshaw. I don't so much hate him, but I don't think he should be a top-15 pick. I think his ceiling is Anthony Spencer. A decent all around player but not a great pass rusher.
CB- Janoris Jenkins. I can't argue the talent. But having four kids with three women is a huge red flag for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
QB- Nick Foles. I think he is a very poor man's Blaine Gabbert.
WR- Alshon Jeffrey. My least favorite prospect in the draft. one of my least favorite prospects in a long while.
OLB- Courtney Upshaw. I don't so much hate him, but I don't think he should be a top-15 pick. I think his ceiling is Anthony Spencer. A decent all around player but not a great pass rusher.
CB- Janoris Jenkins. I can't argue the talent. But having four kids with three women is a huge red flag for me.

WTF ahaha! I didnt even know this. He's like 24...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really hate any prospects in this year's draft (yet) in the same way as previous years. I suppose the only one that gets me is Justin Blackmon. Blackmon hasn't done anything to annoy me, I think he would be a very nice fit in New England, he will turn out to be a good player etc but people are hyping him up as a top 5 prospect in the draft

Obviously every year it is different. A top 5 player one year may be considered a mid first rounder another year but even in this draft which is pretty weak at the top after Luck, RG3, Kalil and Trent Richardson he doesn't stand out to me much.

If I draft a WR in the top 10 I would ideally like this guy to be a dominant standout who can draw extra coverage and still produce. Basically I want Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson type players. Someone like AJ Green last year. I don't want Anquan Boldin or Greg Jennings in the top 10. Both absolutely fine players and WRs who in any year can push for a pro bowl slot, but if I go into a season with either as my clear cut best WR then I have a problem at the position. To me Justin Blackmon is in that mould. He will have very good years and maybe some great ones. But he isn't going to scare any defensive coordinators.

I don't think there is a guy in the draft this year at WR who will be that type of player but because of that I don't understand why Blackmon's stock has to be inflated.

I have seen mock drafts with Blackmon going 2nd overall (obviously trades didn't occur in these mocks) to St Louis. I don't think he is in the ten best players in this class and it is a weak draft.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I don't really hate any prospects in this year's draft (yet) in the same way as previous years. I suppose the only one that gets me is Justin Blackmon. Blackmon hasn't done anything to annoy me, I think he would be a very nice fit in New England, he will turn out to be a good player etc but people are hyping him up as a top 5 prospect in the draft

Obviously every year it is different. A top 5 player one year may be considered a mid first rounder another year but even in this draft which is pretty weak at the top after Luck, RG3, Kalil and Trent Richardson he doesn't stand out to me much.

If I draft a WR in the top 10 I would ideally like this guy to be a dominant standout who can draw extra coverage and still produce. Basically I want Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson type players. Someone like AJ Green last year. I don't want Anquan Boldin or Greg Jennings in the top 10. Both absolutely fine players and WRs who in any year can push for a pro bowl slot, but if I go into a season with either as my clear cut best WR then I have a problem at the position. To me Justin Blackmon is in that mould. He will have very good years and maybe some great ones. But he isn't going to scare any defensive coordinators.

I don't think there is a guy in the draft this year at WR who will be that type of player but because of that I don't understand why Blackmon's stock has to be inflated.

I have seen mock drafts with Blackmon going 2nd overall (obviously trades didn't occur in these mocks) to St Louis. I don't think he is in the ten best players in this class and it is a weak draft.
I agree that he isn't Larry Fitz or AJ Green, but I'd have a really, really hard time naming 10 people in this draft who are better football players then Justin Blackmon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside easier/more common ones like Foles, the top dog is currently Mercilus.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I 'hate' Coples as a 43 end.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Future Travis Henry/Antonio Cromartie anyone?
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I agree that he isn't Larry Fitz or AJ Green, but I'd have a really, really hard time naming 10 people in this draft who are better football players then Justin Blackmon.
Guys who I think are definitely better players

Andrew Luck
RG3
Matt Kalil
Trent Richardson
Luke Keuchly
David DeCastro
Morris Claiborne
Michael Floyd

Guys who I rank in the same range as Blackmon

Quinton Coples
Nick Perry
Kendall Wright
Cordy Glenn
Dre Kirkpatrick
Fletcher Cox

If I'm not getting a guy like AJ or Fitz in the top 10 at WR I would prefer to pass because it is easier to get good WRs later, especially this year in a draft deep with WRs. I'd take my chances with a stud CB or pass rusher inside the top 10 over Blackmon.

I named 14 guys I would maybe have above Blackmon on my board, but bear in mind guys like Poe and Brockers will probably go a lot higher than they should as well.

Like I said, I don't hate Blackmon. I just don't get why people see him as such a top talent when IMO he isn't.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll return to this thread.

Quentin Coples- Same reason as before. I see a good athlete with above average football ability. I don't see anything making him a star.

Dontari Poe- Should be obvious from his thread, but I don't see this guy as a football player at all. He's a better athlete for his position than Coples, but also a much worse football player. I haven't seen anything from him indicating he'll make a reliable pro player to any degree.

Alshon Jeffery- I've been a pretty adament defender of Jeffery for quite a while, but my opinion has changed. I still believe Alshon has the talent and skill to become a very good NFL receiver. But I doubt his work ethic. Although it did not hamper his playing ability while in college, his weight does present an issue of determination. I also know from football players who played with him he's personally very lazy. If he can be motivated by dollars or whatever he'll pan out, but at the same time he may get lazy from his first contract and eat and sit around himself out of the league. Don't hate, but have very serious reservations.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
...sit around himself out of the league.
That's one I don't think I've heard before. I like it. Lazy players sit around themselves out of the league.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say I'm not as high on Tannehill like others, also I've dropped Brockers on my BB as well. Cox and Poe have clearly help their stock after the combine, while Brockers has started to slowly fall down the board.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
That's one I don't think I've heard before. I like it. Lazy players sit around themselves out of the league.
Couldn't easily think of alternative wording, so I sat around myself out of decent English.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the millionaire architect because he is indeed a coward
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Besides the game vs Va tech I also didn't really see that explosive first step from Andre Branch either.