Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't surprise me but it would be an awful decision. He's just not a good player. If this is the case, I'm starting to hope a LT falls to us in the 1st so we can take that guy.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Diehl at LT. Diehl-Boothe-Baas-Snee-FA Sign.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Diehl at LT. He's the Nissan Sentra of Left Tackles. Good enough, reliable enough, and cheap.

It sounds like Brewer is not even close to being ready at RT, which means we either

1. Move Beatty there
2. Move Diehl there
3 Sign someone
4. Draft someone

We're gonna miss McKenzie. Class act, a great Giant. But it was time to move on. We'll miss his run blocking a lot.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Beatty will be better off on the right side. Beside do we even have enough money to sign a quality starting lineman right now?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always thought he would be much better suited at RT but I can't really find many people to agree with me. That's why I put a FA signee there instead of Beatty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The problem I have with Beatty at RT is he's an awful run blocker. And we love running to our right.

When he played LT, our run game to the left was so bad that we literally were only capable of running right. Then teams loaded the right side and we couldn't run at all.

When Diehl moved to LT our run game went from utterly pathetic on the left side to just real bad. Beatty was the culprit.

Then when Petrus came into the lineup our ability to run left was actually decent.

While I want to keep our WR core our strength, I also want us to reestablish the run game this offseason as well. And Beatty is a speed bump of epic proportions when it comes to that.

Plus the guy weighs 290 lbs soaking wet. I fear the thought of him being bull rushed.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I admit he's better on the right side, but he still sucks.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I admit he's better on the right side, but he still sucks.
Unfortunately I'm leaning towards this as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you take a step back and stare at that line for a second...

you realize how awful it is. Let's hope Beatty never sniffs the starting lineup again, and let's hope that Petrus can step up at LG and Baas gets his head out of his ass.
I hope we can bring someone to challenge David D. Maybe Brewer can do something or if we draft Mike Adams or whatever his name is from Ohio State. I want someone to challenge David D. let's actually play the guys we draft and see what they can do.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I hope we can bring someone to challenge David D. Maybe Brewer can do something or if we draft Mike Adams or whatever his name is from Ohio State. I want someone to challenge David D. let's actually play the guys we draft and see what they can do.
Shush you. Diehl is good enough. Enjoy your 4th round developmental linemen. You know that's what you're gonna get.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I mean we did win not 1 but 2 Super Bowls with Diehl at LT. I'm fine with him staying there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah Diehl isn't the problem at all. The real problem is C and now RT. Go back and watch the playoff runs all over again, Baas was so awful it wasn't even funny.

He's awful. What a horrible signing. If we didn't sign him, I'd be all aboard the Peter Konz train right now. Petrus needs to work on his pass pro so he can move to LG.

It's no surprise our oline was significantly better when Boothe replaced Baas. He's just so bad.

I'm in the minority on this, but I believe that the C position is the new LT. LTs are overrated now, but Cs are not. They are such great value picks in the 1st round, and it's such an important position now.

And our Center blows.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shush you. Diehl is good enough. Enjoy your 4th round developmental linemen. You know that's what you're gonna get.
I don't want good enough protecting a 2 time super bowl MVP in his prime. He is starting to become a bandaide. Hey, we have a hole on one side. Stick David D there and call it a day. I would rather have him challenged for his spot, and see if he can earn it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think Baas was as bad as you're making him out to be in the playoff run, I actually think he did very well in the first half against the 49'ers before the whole line went to trash. Also, in the SB Wilfork wasn't that much of a factor because Baas did a damn good job on him. Give him the full year to work with the other guys and get healthy and at worst he'll be average at C.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Baas was hurt a lot of the year with no off season, so he needs to learn, get better and the whole OL needs chemistry.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who knows...maybe Brewer will be the developmental OT who works out for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maybe we can grab Anthony Collins from Cinncy.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we officially re-sign Ballard and Bruce Johnson for 1 year $540,000 each
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Eli's cap number.

His cap number is now $9.6M for this season, which is nearly $7M less than it was. ... It balloons to over $20M next year, though.

2013: $20.85m (was 18.6)
2014: $20.4m (was $18.15)
2015: $19.75 (was $17.5)

Not sure how I feel about this?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well we have to pay the guy. So take it now or later. I guess we will take it next year. That is the costs of doing business and having a franchise QB.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They chopped $9 million off the yearly salary of 2012 and converted it into guaranteed bonus money. The $9 million can now be spread equally throughout the remaining 4 years of his deal. I don't think his cap number will be as high as your listing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well after looking through everything I guess it is right. That cap better go up by the amount they're expecting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They chopped $9 million off the yearly salary of 2012 and converted it into guaranteed bonus money. The $9 million can now be spread equally throughout the remaining 4 years of his deal. I don't think his cap number will be as high as your listing.
It 100% will be. Those are the numbers. The bad part is they aren't expecting the cap to go up until 2014.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It 100% will be. Those are the numbers. The bad part is they aren't expecting the cap to go up until 2014.
Yeah it looks like we might have to tread water until then. Next offseason we might see some bigger named surprise cuts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Which is why it's so important to draft well. You can't keep teams together very long in the NFL anymore.

Keep pumping in talent into the dline and WR core, and make do with the rest of it.

This team will look very different in 2014, maybe even 2013.