Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1
Default Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

this kid is a beast ! i seen him personally in high school and played against him in little league great kid from a great area of football . i personally think hes the best TE in this draft. could possibly be a high 2nd round pick, mainly because history isnt on his side for TE's going very high possibly going to the panthers in the 2nd round maybe even miami high in the 2nd he wont make out of the top 10 in the 2nd round ... thoughts anyone ??
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chose not to run today?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His concentration is questionable and he's pretty clearly not a blocker.

I think he has a good chance of being a 2nd rounder, but I also thought Aaron Hernandez was a 2nd rounder (3rd in the class) that year.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

Tight ends are a very underestimated position I mean look at gronk Hernandez and pitta not expected to
Do what they have done .. And some people just don't wanna run on turf he's a fast S.O.b for a TE very strong as his reps show so I'm sure he can block
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

He would make a nice replacement for Stocker.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy would be a great compliment to Kendricks for the Rams in rd 2.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just arrested for DUI:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ested-for-dui/
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
So he's of the Jags board.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea and I think Fleener now becomes the undisputed best TE in the class and should be the first one taken.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am always amazed how these guys can't stay on the straight and narrow for a few months...

This, combined with not living up to expectations with workouts, likely blows any chance Charles had of being selected in the first round. Coby Fleener hasn't done anything during the pre-draft process either though... Regardless there isn't a tight end in this class as good as Kyle Rudolph.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The TE class sucks and Charles is a 3rd round pick IMO.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't have picked Orson to do this kinda of thing but still he did so no excuse for him. This plus the slow speed and size prob drops him to the 3rd round.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not the first time a ****** 40 time has driven someone to drink lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievably stupid. I bet a lot of teams just removed him from their boards completely. Orson Charles has probably had one of the worst pre-draft processes I've seen in a while.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to draft a kid when you can easily confuse his BAC for his short shuttle time.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd round talent but likely a 3rd round pick after his DUI and not running the 40.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't he run the forty? He doesn't look anything slower than 4.65 on tape, and he has nothing to lose after Dwayne Allen ran a 4.9.

These kids baffle me. You are a physical specimen going in the top 3 rounds of the NFL Draft... run the freakin' 40 yard dash. Unless your a guaranteed top 5 pick, that would be a negative for me as a GM/Coach when scouting a player. Not running the 40 cause you are scared as a guy who is a 2nd round pick screams "*****" and a guy I wouldn't necessarily want on my team. That said, I would love Charles to back up Jason Witten, but it is definitely a negative factor.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I am always amazed how these guys can't stay on the straight and narrow for a few months...

This, combined with not living up to expectations with workouts, likely blows any chance Charles had of being selected in the first round. Coby Fleener hasn't done anything during the pre-draft process either though... Regardless there isn't a tight end in this class as good as Kyle Rudolph.
I think Fleener's pretty clearly better than Rudolph. Orson, I guess depends on what you want our of your TE.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think Fleener's pretty clearly better than Rudolph. Orson, I guess depends on what you want our of your TE.
Give me Rudolph any day.

Back on topic, Orson's DUI reminds me of back when Aaron Hernandez failed a drug test and ended up going way later than he should have, and then years later everyone realized they just passed on a dynamic weapon.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Give me Rudolph any day.
Yeah I like Rudolph better in the sense that he's stiffer and slower and worse at blocking despite being heavier.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Give me Rudolph any day.

Back on topic, Orson's DUI reminds me of back when Aaron Hernandez failed a drug test and ended up going way later than he should have, and then years later everyone realized they just passed on a dynamic weapon.

Point 1: See TACKLE's post.

Point 2: Agreed.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudolph has better ball skills than Fleener. That's really about it although maybe I'd add that Kyle also has superior size than Fleener and slightly stronger hands

But Fleener beats him as an athlete, with his recognition, his savvy, and overall technique in the passing game. Or in other words, Fleener's superior getting open against zones than Rudolph was at ND (ive seen kyle play a lot and he had a tendency to freelance and roll into defenders in zone), Fleener is better getting separation at the top of his routes because of a better burst/sharper cuts, and Fleener is better at setting people up with fakes/speeds. I also think Fleener is more quick-twitch as well. Rudolph is just a poor man's Jermichael Finley type TE in the receiving game (just great at contorting body in jump ball situations, but thats really it). I'll take Fleener over Rudolph any day, thank you very much.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote